MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Answers to Best-Forgotten Questions [Closed] (Dated)

3 posters

Go down

Answers to Best-Forgotten Questions [Closed] (Dated) Empty Answers to Best-Forgotten Questions [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Johan Tercel Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Nov 4, Year 4

Flying with his well earned prize, Zweihander head towards a large factory, abandoned, and derelict. Landing, he entered.

Dark, gloomy, damp; all of these were terms to describe the wretched state of affairs this place was in. Large rats scurried about; a cockroach as big as they were was hunting them.

Reaching a heavy steel door, that appeared to be an old safe, Zweihander produced a key from around his neck. Giving the lock a quick jostle, the door squealed open on un-oiled hinges.

Entering the room, it was barren, except for a chest, a bed, and several chairs. Putting the stallion on a chair, he produced rope, and bound the unicorn to the chair.

Waiting for the stallion to wake up, Zweihander picked up a ratty, worn book from the bed.

Daring-Do and the Sapphire Stone...

He had found this old thing in a cloud-home that had rifted away from one of the smaller villages that dotted the Equestrian landscape, along with a pair of nifty flight goggles.

Settling in, he began to read.

Last edited by Zweihander on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffonic Army
Profession: Colonel
Back to top Go down

Answers to Best-Forgotten Questions [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: Answers to Best-Forgotten Questions [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Steel Strike Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:12 am

Steel awoke with a pounding headache. Where am I? he thought, confused and disoriented. He opened his eyes, but shut them quickly. His eyes didn't like being open and sent a shot of pain through his brain. He instead slowly opened his eyes, gradually letting the light in. He recalled where he was before this, and shot his eyes open. "MEGA!" he yelled looking around the room. It was then it occured to Steel he had give himself up, and decided to look around, not searching for Mega.

They seemed to be in a room...no more like a vault. He saw the griffon reading a book by candlelight. He almost chuckled at the sight of the griffon reading a Daring Doo book. He had read the collection several times, himself. But that was when he was younger. He could vaguely recall the plot of the book he was reading. He looked to the griffon. "I don't suppose I'm here to be aqquited of any crimes, am I?" he said, with a slight grin. He had to keep up a smart ass facade, otherwise the griffon might try other mind tricks. He had heard of griffon torture, and had even had some training should I be captured. The training slowly creeped back into his mind at that moment.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel
Profession: Smith

Back to top Go down

Answers to Best-Forgotten Questions [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: Answers to Best-Forgotten Questions [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:32 am

"MEGA!"

Turning the page, Zweihander had barely noticed the stallion woken up, so engrossed was he in his reading. Reaching the end of the book, he noticed smudged writing he had never really paid much heed to before. Squinting his eyes, he read it.

Prop.....f...ainb....sh....ooves off!"

Shrugging at the illegibility of the sentence, he put the book down. Sighing, he turned his head slowly. Lifting himself off the bed, he stepped outside.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:41 am

The griffon ignored him, and walked out of the room. Steel didn't say anything else, so as to save it for later. He knew the things they did to ponies. Brand them, chop off one hoof, and threaten to chop another unless they talked. They would put the very meaning of fear into him. But steel sat, resolute in his decision. He had saved Mega, and that's what would keep him going. He sat and stared at the griffon. He knew he wouldn't like whatever he was going to do to him.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:48 am

Zweihander returned with a brazier filled with coals, and tongs inside the brazier. Putting it behind the smith, he also brought a stool, and the chest nearby. Unlocking it quickly, and out of the stallions view, he quickly withdrew a blank notebook, a quill, and ink out, placing the items on a makeshift table. Next adjusting some chains down on the ceiling, he flicked the unicorn's horn to disorientated him.

Zweihander took the oppurtunity to hang the poor pony upside down, like a slab of meat, without the chair, bound by all four hooves. Admiring his handiwork, he moved to the stallions field of view, and looked him in the eyes.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:54 am

Steel stared as the Griffon brought in the coal and tongs. Steel rolled his eyes. It's like the griffon was reading his mind. The griffon flicked his horn, and the room suddenly burst into being whoozy. Next thing he knew, we was upside down, with a griffon staring straight at him. He held back the need to say anything sarcastic. He knew this griffon meant business, and he stared right back at him, not wavering.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:05 am

Zweihander did not break eye contact. Slowly drawing his claw down the unicorns cheek, he could see dots of blood well up from the scratch. Still not breaking eye contact, he reached for his note.

Tell me what happened the night you and I first met.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:12 am

Steel felt the blood dripping down his cheek. He was about to make a comment, when a note came near his face. It took a moment when he was upside down to read it. It was an interesting thing to ask, and didn't compromise anything that hadn't he held as valuable. "Uh, Mikael, was it? It all started when you entered my smith, arresting Mega." he said, supposing this was all he was here for. If the moment wasn't this serious he might have laughed, with the griffon asking such easily answered questions.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:18 am

Zweihander withdrew in shock. Dashing to the table, he began scrawling a note. Grabbing the unicorn by the head, placing his thumb on the sensitive horn. Applying pressure in the right spot, he would cause great pain to the unicorn. And apply pressure he did; digging his thumb-talon at the base, where the fracture was located. This would cause the fracture to widen slightly; it would likely cause vomiting.

Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:22 am

Steel felt the griffon react instantly to the news. He had no clue what he was doing, until a talon sent blinding pain through him, via his damaged horn. He hung a few moments the pain burrowing deeper into him, and held back some vomit working his way up. Once you began vomiting, you wouldn't be able to stop, until there were no fluids left to vomit. And that was never a pretty sight.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:27 am

Zweihander toyed with the chains while the unicorn dealt with the pain. Having released the smith's head, he looked down at the nauseous subject of his ministrations.
Watching the unicorn reacting to the pain sent a chill down Zweihander's spine...

His emerald eyes going slightly darker, and his pupils dilating, he slowly bent down to the chained unicorns level. Raising a note almost sluggishly, upside down so the unicorn would read it, we're the words:

How do you know my name?
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:33 am

Steel saw the words on the piece of paper. He could hardly make sense of it, till he remembered the griffons condition. He thought about what he said, so as not to enrage the griffon again. "You...Your his sane soul. Mikael told me his name....After...After that vengeance guy...went away~" said Steel but he could feel himself slipping into unconsciousness. The pain, plus being upside down made his brain want to rest. If this griffon wanted answers, he better do something before he went unconscious.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:52 am

Zweihander saw that his prisoner was falling unconscious. However, he wasn't done getting answers. Grabbing the tongs, he made a show of picking up a coal, and waving it in from of the unicorns face.

Putting a pre made note in front of the unicorn, it read;

Do you know what burning flesh feels like? It's a cold sensation, of all your nerve endings dying. You smell cooking meat, and you don't feel the pain until later.

Holding up a second note, this one read differently:

How did Vengeance vanish.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:10 am

Steel saw the coal, in front of this face. This pumped a bit of adrnaline into his system, staving off the consciousness for a while. When he had clearer thinking, he knew that thats not how burning flesh felt. However, he kept this to himself, knowing it'd only force the griffon to find more dangerous ways of torture. "Look, h-he didn't vanish." Steel sighed hoping this next part wouldn't get too complicated. "You lost your sword. You hadn't acted like a mad griffon before it was stolen, so I had a hunch they were related. When I found the sword, after it was stolen, I could feel Vengeance, and I knew that the sword had to touch the physical form, if you were to channel a different soul." he said, hoping he could explain the next bit. "I had a bit of magical training, with swords. I studied everything I could, including the dark magic. I found a spell that would bind a soul to a sword...Somehow your soul was was set aside, with other souls. It was a really complex spell, I could tell...Anyways, I just had the sword touch you again while Vengeance had me on a wall, and *poof* Mikael appeared." said Steel, hoping the answer satisfied him. He didn't really care he held this information. It wasn't relevant to anypony but himself, and the griffon before him.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:17 am

If one looked carefully, they would see Zweihander's irises go through lighter, darker, and neutral phases. This was caused by his complex emotions, that this stallion knew his name...

Slowly looking at the stallion, Zweihander gave an impassive expression. Writing slowly, he produced a new note.

And...what...did Mikael say to you?

Zweihander remained chillingly calm and still as he held out the note.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:38 am

Steel struggled to remember what Mikael had said. It slowly but surely came to him. "He said..That the monster, Vengance wasn't able to be reasoned with. That it grew more powerful every day, and he feared it would overtake his sanity, within the sword." said Steel remembering the calm demeanor in which he spoke.
"He said to inform the Griffon Headquarters of some code phrase that would get their attention, if Vengeance ever gained total control. Prime Coaturn or something? Anyways, said your soul was split into 3, Vengance(The crazy one), Regret(Has the memories), and his sanity in his trusty Zweihander. He also apologized, saying he did unforgivable things to his own kind, and pony kind. He also said he'd get off with no consequences for it, and was serious about it too." finished Steel, hoping the added detail would suffice for Zwei. He recalled the last thing Mikael said before storming off. "I did suggest a cure, but he dismissed it, claiming it was too dangerous. He said there was safer options, but he flew off thanking us before he could tell me what they were.." said Steel saddened. He had wanted to help this griffon before...Well before he had been kidnapped. Now he wasn't sure he wanted to help him, unless he was ensured there'd be no more torture methods.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:52 pm

Zweihander took the news quietly. It did seem the unicorn was telling the truth. However, he needed to make sure. Stepping outside, he closed the large steel door behind him.

Hidden from view, he prepared his big bluff. A large brand was sitting in the old incinerator, heating up in a makeshift fire he had made. Reading "предатель", it was what griffons used on informants that were no longer useful. It would mark the pony as a traitor to his own kind. Zweihander hoped that it wouldn't come to that, however. As long as the stallion kept giving him the answers he, and he alone required, he would come out of this unscathed.

Picking up the brand by the non-heated end, he brought it in to the room. Placing it in the brazier of coals to keep it hot, right in front of the pony's field of vision. Writing some more, he wrote his next message.

Where did I...kill... those griffons. I need to know.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:02 pm

That was an easy one. He remember the street Mega lived on with ease, but left out her home, naturally. "I don't know the specifics of it, but as I recall the killings were on North Hoofington Avenue. It was a regular griffon patrol I believe....guerillas." said Steel, recalling the screams he heard, and visibly shuddering. Asking about those he had killed calmed Steel a bit though. Hopefully he could leave the building not being branded a traitor.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:24 pm

Zweihander nodded grimly. That was what he needed to know. His Prudentate had done a clean-up operation as usual, it was true. But, every time Vengeance had become even slightly dominant, he never knew who he killed. He was never even permitted to give them his respects.

He had unknowingly walked around, pacing the room. His eyes had gone back to their natural emerald, and he was no longer interested in the smith.

'If I can find out how Vengeance works, I can become one step closer to the cure-'

Zweihander was interrupted from his thoughts by a splitting headache. Collapsing on the ground, he cradled the back of his head in his claws. Remaining still for five minutes, it was a while until he rose again. Looking at the smith, the griffon wordlessly moved to the back of the smith, and began rummaging through the chest. Grabbing the tongs from the table, a *clink* could be heard.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:44 pm

The griffon seemed to ponder the news. He hoped that was all the griffon needed. However the tongs clicking towards him said otherwise. Celestias sake they told me if you talk the torture would end! This griffins mad! he thought. He had told the griffon the answer to everything he wanted to know. He should be smiling and pleased with him, and get a less severe punishment. Steel visibly shuttered as he saw the tongs closer to him.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Zweihander fumbled with the tongs. With the distinctive sound of metal on glass, he picked up a bottle, filled with a mysterious substance. Turning to the smith, he walked along to the smith's front. Holding a small note to the smith's face, it read;

Drink.

Zweihander unstoppered the bottle, and held it to the chained unicorn, still holding it with tongs.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Steel feared the stoppered substance. If it wasn't safe enough to be held by the griffons talons, it wasn't safe enough for him. Steel kept his mouth closed refusing to open it. However he began holding his nose, and could only breath through his mouth. The substance was soon ejected into his mouth. It burned alot. He promptly spit it out. A few dropsy hit the griffon but the majority of it wentboff to the side. "Look Ive answered every bucking question you've asked of me. Just let me go for bucks sake!" Said Steel struggling against his restraints.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Zweihander flinched as the potion was spit out to the side. Taking a step back, he took a deep breath, and approached again. This time, he closed the nostrils, and once the unicorn opened his mouth, and took the potion, Zweihander would close his claws around the mouth like a vice. It was the perfect way to insure one would consume a liquid. Hopefully he didn't decide to drown.

Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:34 pm

Steel was forced to take the liquid, this time, making sure his mouth was closed. Steel decided if he couldn't dump it out, he had no choice. After a few moments he conceded and drank the liquid. Strangely the liquid didn't instantly start burning his insides as his mouth did. In fact, he was actually feeling better. Alot better. He still had a throbbing in his head, but it was much less sharp then it was before. "W-What did you give me?" asked Steel after a minute of letting the liquid take affect.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:12 pm

Zweihander removed the bottle, and let go of the smith. Ignoring him, he began putting away all the junk and implements he had used. Brushing his claw against a small, empty vial, he smirked. The Unicorn would be out in minutes. Then, Zweihander could deposit him somewhere "out of the way".

Hopefully it went off without a hitch. Turning his head to the unicorn, he noticed the stallion's movement's bcoming more sluggish. Giving him a cold smile, he awaited the inevitable unconsciousness.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:18 pm

Steel felt his adrenaline running off. However he felt extremely tired. It was around a few minutes in, he figured the healing tonic was drugged. "Oh a clever griffon....Buck it all....why'd you...." but Steel couldn't finish his sentence. He was far too groggy. A few blinks later, and the unicorns was out cold.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:59 pm

Zweihander sighed. Picking up the limp pony, he hoisted the stallion over his shoulder. This was going to be a long night; he doubted that his superiors would be pleased with his actions, if "they" (or should I say he) found out.

Looking around the confines of his safe-nest, he scanned for anything that couldn't possibly be left behind.

Ah...yes. My book.

Reaching a claw out to pick it up, he secreted the book in his harness. It would be secure. Stretching his wings in agitation, he began to open the door.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Bow Strings Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:07 pm

She was posted, laying on her back, Epsen resting between her rear hooves which kept the stringed weapon braced and stable. It wasn’t that is was big, it’s that it was shaky when charged, shaky meant loosing a shot, and losing a shot meant detection and energy waste. She hadn't pulled back on the firing cord, she couldn't hold for as long as the monster and pony had been in there. As it was she was far to close, braced on a small part of the second floor of the Factory that hadn't collapsed in the ruin. It didn’t really overlook the doorway to the safe… thing… they had walked in, but it did give a nice view of anyone that walked out. But the amount of debris would give them easy cover.

‘Provided the monster saw it coming.’ Where her only thoughts, before the safe door moved outwards, Opening. She hooked both of her front hooves alone the carefully crafted firing string, pulling back on it so release it’s low pitched note. The string illuminated dimly with the color of her pale blue magic. Just when she was about to release she saw it, the money mounted over the monster shoulder.

‘Wing, hit it. Don’t let it fly.’ She though as she shifted her back hooves and re-ajusted her shot before releasing the string which was getting increasingly hotter. The string pushed the magic away in the form of a narrow magical bolt it still making the sound of the cord she had selected.
Bow Strings
Bow Strings
The Meaning to Life, the Universe, and Everything

Character sheet
Alignment: None?
Profession: Anti-Griffon Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:42 pm

As Zweihander opened the door, he saw the glow of a uni-

By Feliks left testicle.

Zweihander acted on survival instinct; lucky for him, it did not hit his wing. Unluckily for him, it hit his left leg. With a distinct burning sensation, and the smell of cooking meat, Zweihander huddled in a ruined office. Well, it seemed he had been followed. And with his current injury, it would be hard to fight.

But, fight he had to; he doubted the unicorn would let him leave alive. However, one thing irked him. That was some serious magical firepower. He had yet to see it's like naturally occuring in a unicorn, so that only meant one thing.

He was facing an armed opponent.

Gritting his beak, Zweihander balanced on all fours, his left leg gingerly on the ground. Glancing at it, what greeted his eyes was a severe groove in his flesh, cauterized, and weeping clear fluid.

He was lucky it hadn't hit center of mass, otherwise he'd likely be dead. Placing the unconscious unicorn he had captured in the corner, he moved a ruined desk over him to hide the stallion. At least if he fought, he knew that the unicorn would be..."safe".

Slowly making his way to the edge of his cover, he prepared to make a "leap of faith", to the next intact section of the factory.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Bow Strings Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:57 pm

'Well, won't be the first time I've had to improvise.' She thought to herself while calmly sliding herself over a bit to get better aim of the office. She could pull the string back now, it would build energy until the string began burning her hooves, but the shot would be blind and that would be a waste of energy even if the shot would go through the flimsy walls. 'Why didn't he duck back in the safe. It's... well safer in there.' She thought to herself. She would pull back the string when the time came or simply walk away. Provided the thing didn't turn into an animal and start chasing her while it was wounded.
Bow Strings
Bow Strings

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:21 pm

Zweihander tensed his body up, preparing to dive. Feeling his stomach turn itself into knots, he swallowed. It was times like these he hated not having a voice. It was always figh-

He collapsed in pain. A splitting headache wracked his brain, and he could feel droplets of blood streak their way from his earholes. Groggily standing himself up, he shook his head. One eye was normal. The other... was much brighter than normal. The iris was almost bright white; only the barest tinge suggested it was it's original emerald.

Looking around, he saw... a battlefield? His fellow griffons were charging a hill, and blasts of magic and bolt were cutting them down. A dull ringing in his ears pervaded everything slightly.

Lifting his head up, he saw a lone unicorn sniper... no a nest... no one, shooting his friends down. His comrades. He was their leader, their superior; they relied on him to lead them!

To everyone else, the griffon was standing, alone, in the middle of the ruin, blood streaming from his ears in a thin red line, marring his brown neckfeathers. Looking directly at the unicorn, he remained impassive.

With a fluid motion, he unsheathed the sword, and held it vertical to his body; a metre and a half of griffon steel, glinting in the starlight. Blinking once, he remained impassive.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Bow Strings Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:48 pm

She watched as the monster presented itself. It didn't take cover, it didn't run or dive into the next cover in an attempt to get closer, it just stood there. For some reason that terrified her, she'd shot down plenty of idol griffons, but none of them had been hit and then just stared. For a moment she sat there letting her thoughts wander about what she could do.

'I could shoot, but what if he has some trick under his wing. It wouldn't matter, I could charge it till it burn, it would cut through steel, but what if that's what he wanted.' As she stared back at him, watching, waiting for him to move her left ear slowly drooping as her pupils started to shrink.

"I'm drunk and this is a dream. It has to be." She muttered to herself before shifting herself back onto her hooves, sliding her weapon back into it case. Mounted said cased weapon upon her back and began to walk away, never removing her eyes from the monster. She didn't seal her bag, just in case he decided to randomly charge her, but she certain wasn't going to wait for Suicide Griffon 101 to be her next lesson in sniping.
Bow Strings
Bow Strings

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:08 am

"Charge fellow griffons! Take that hill!"

Lieutenant Mikael was a terrifying sight. Bedecked in ceremonial plate, he-

Zweihander stood there. Opening his beak, he mouthed words, their meaning lost. Taking his sword, he began to run where the pony was previously, not where she was presently. Meeting a tattered wall, he-

Mikael met a wall of pony soldiers, with his fellow griffons in tow. Swearing an oath, he swung his sword, shattering lance, cutting flesh, and breaking bone. With a mighty tackle, he-

Zweihander spun his sword in a deadly dance of death; however there was no partner. The griffon danced alone, cutting, hacking, at enemies only he could see. With a flare of his wings, he charged the wall, landing on his left leg first. Blood was dripping from the cauterized wound, yet he made no reaction, or effort to favor it. With a flare of his wings, he-

Mikael leaped up to the platform that held his prize. His breath could be seen coming from his face covering helm. Looking balefully in judgement over the ten snipers that had decimated his company, he growled. Lifting his sword, he-

With a terrifying staccato, the mad-griffon clicked his beak, savoring the slaying of invisible foes. With a plunge into the floor of the ruin, he buried his sword 30 centimetres deep in the wooden floor. Muscles bulging visibly, he lifted it, and swung it at where head level would be for a pony. After several repeated "kills", he turned to the one living being in the room.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Bow Strings Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:22 am

Bow had heard the griffon charge. When she turned to face her attacker he wasn't charging at her so instead she took a few steps back, the front of the case having been unzipped to leave the weapon exposed so she could shoot it. Her left eye twitched twice as she watched him skillfully dodge and cut down... air..? Blinking she watched as the crazy griffon swing until eventually the monsters gaze stopped upon her.

Her ear dropped slightly. "How did I get myself into this..." were her only thoughts before she began pulling back on the firing cord releasing three screaming white hot bolts of energy at him.
Bow Strings
Bow Strings

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:41 am

Screaming, the bolts of energy soared through the air at Zweihander. As he walked forward slowly, almost as if he was compensating for non-existant armour, two bolts hit. Due to the panicked firing, the one destined for his right shoulder missed by a hair, still singing the hair and skin with it's proximity. The other two were hits; his already wounded left leg was hit again, this time in the thigh, leaving a bit-sized hole in the flesh. The other bit the inside of his wing, burning a hole clean through that as well. Yet, the griffon didn't register the pain. Instead, all he saw was-

The pony was scrabbling desperately on the soot stained snow, seeking purchase amidst the craters of griffon firebombs, and ballista bolts. Walking slowly towards the Stalliongrad pony, he decided it was time to get bloody. Sheathing his sword, he leaped toward in a sudden movement, narrowly dodging a blast of magic the unicorn sent his way. He grabbed the unicorn by the back, and he crowed in bloody triumph.

Zweihander walked slowly, limping noticeably. As soon as he was two meters away, he sheathed his sword, and attempted to ounce on the unicorn, turning his body as if he was dodging a bolt of magic. Claws outstretched, and beak open, he was ready for equinicide.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Bow Strings Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:01 am

Every step he took forward she took one back, she could let him get close. He was insane! Just eating her bolts like they didn't exist. Then he pounced, how was she supposed to stop that. It didn't make sense, in his condition he shouldn't even have been limping, the limb wouldn't be usable for a good 4-5 weeks, yet here he was pouncing, so she ran at him, doing a last second dive as she magically undid the strap to her weapon, so if he grabbed her by it, it would be free to go.
Bow Strings
Bow Strings

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:05 am

Mikael saw-
Zweihander saw-

-the pony attempt to dive under. It seemed odd, like it should not have happened, but it did. Dropping a claw mid pounce to attempt to rake the pony, the closest thing at hand was her mane...
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Bow Strings Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:15 am

'Ow... He grabbed my mane.' Was all she though as her form was whipped backwards onto her back her weapon going forward before landing with a multi-string plucking thunk. She reached both of her hooves up to where the thing was holding onto her mane now laying underneath of it instead of behind it like she wanted. "Why didn't I see this comming." She muttered to herself her right eye wincing slightly at the monster above her.
Bow Strings
Bow Strings

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:23 am

Mikael looked down at the wretch who had accounted for many a griffon. The thing was crying, attempting to reach with its hooves for an axe...

Drawing his sword, he wondered why his wing was aching... dismissing the thought, he used the tip of the blade to push the axe away. With the weapon far out of the pony's reach, he attempted to put his left leg on the pony. Putting his weight on it, he fell, surprised. Ho-

Zweihander awoke. His first sight was a mare, injured beside him. His next feeling was one of pain.

His left leg was burning, his left wing felt lighter, and had the same sensation. His ears were pounding, as was his head. Unknowingly to him, tears streamed down his face, washing the dirt and blood away. Making soundless sobs, he slowly turned his body upwards, to the night sky.

So clear... were his last thought before succumbing to the pain.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Bow Strings Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:44 am

Stared at the griffon as he... passed out. She stood a few scraps on her back and her head hurting from him grabbing her mane. She stood on shaking hooves, look down at her opponent. She let out a breath she had been holding before looking around. 'The pony, he had somepony.' She thought as she scrambled ...not as fast as she would've like to her weapon pulled out two healing potions, her last two, and poured on into it's leg wounds. Her limbs felt weak and unsteady. Closing the weapon she lifted it up it to her back and carefully, ever so slowly moved over to the office. She had left the other in front of his face so he could drink it when he first arose. Walking into the office she gave a quick run over...

"How... quaint." It was almost empty and actually wasn't even a whole office. Except for a chunk of debris and an desk it was empty. It didn't take long to find the pony she was looking for. He was asleep, or at least appeared asleep. So with a bit of effort she lifted him upon her back and trudged now loudly out of the office. "Let's dance again some time crazy bird." With that she turned and moved off into the city, heading to the nearest place she could think of that would be safe.
Bow Strings
Bow Strings

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:56 am

Zweihander coughed in pain, blood welling from his beak. He was in no state to move, and the pain of his body was immense. He looked around him at the small pool of blood around his body. He had lost a lot. Looking beside him, he saw a zebra make potion. Smiling feebly, he grabbed it with a claw, and drank it down. It wouldn't be enough to heal him, but it stopped the bleeding.

Unfortunately for griffons, the lack of natural magic in their bodies made healing potions less effective. He was unable to support much weight on his leg, and his wing was not getting him anywhere. Using his sword as a makeshift crutch/walking stick, he hobbled at a brisk pace to where he left the unicorn.

Reaching the desk, there was one major thing missing. The pony in question.ooming desperately around, he saw something notable... hoof prints in the dust. Quite unique as well; they appeared to be shod in metal. Looking at where they led, he could see no rhyme or reason. Irregardless, he suspected that this mysterious pony was responsible for the gift left beside him. He needed to thank this pony... and insure the smith was safe.

(Continues in The Hammer, The Haunted, and the Hunter)
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down