MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing of the Guard (Possible Changes and Additions)

2 posters

Go down

Changing of the Guard (Possible Changes and Additions) Empty Changing of the Guard (Possible Changes and Additions)

Post by Freyia Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:15 am

As most of you know there is a small overhaul happening on the site. With some luck and dedication hopefully the site will come out stronger. During this time you may see things change like aesthetics, lore, cannon, setting, rules, etc. The new management is doing its best to come up with new ways to improve the site.

That is why I made this thread. This Thread will be a place where I post new ideas that the moderators, admins, and other players have come up with. It will be a very brief summary of the ideas and what they hope to accomplish. This way the community will be able to remain informed on any expected changes, as well as vote on whether they like the ideas or not in the form of PMs to me, Freyia. If there is criticism or other ideas, please keep it brief. This is a way to keep you informed and hear whether or not you approve of the directions we will be taking.

Again, with some luck we will soon have a solid site with a number of new ponies joining, but that can't happen without an active community helping out and giving their input where they can.

I hope this works.

P.S. Again, please do not post in this thread. If you have something to say please send it to me as a PM and I will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet
Alignment: Loyalist
Profession: Warrior

Back to top Go down

Changing of the Guard (Possible Changes and Additions) Empty Re: Changing of the Guard (Possible Changes and Additions)

Post by Freyia Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:38 am

First up is a possible setting:

Double Edge and I have come up with an idea for the type of occupation the griffons are holding over equestria:

If anyone has seen the movie Red Dawn, it is very similar to that. The griffons basically took out equestria and forced its populace into submission. They don't want to kill all of the ponies, instead they want to use them as work horses. A number of different camps are located throughout equestria and these camps range from the simple small town encampment that really isn't to bad, to Gulag type labor camps. How well you listen and follow the rules determines whether you work in camps or are allowed to live in the communities.

The griffons keep a watchful eye over the ponies, like big brother, with many sentries and guards posted in main areas. If a guard catches a pony doing something wrong they are taken in a processed to determine punishment.

The Griffons use the labor camps to force the ponies to make food as well as mine, craft, etc. These items are then sent back to the GKs. The griffon nobility does not want to anger the entire populace of equestria, so they offer the ponies that submit and follow the rules chances to own their own shops and for the most part live comfortable lives. Also, to send a pony away to the camps requires a lot of paper work, so in order to be sent away, a pony would need to be caught breaking the law. Also camps are not permenent. If caught for a crime, depending on what it was a pony can be sent for a few months to decades or even life.

With this we are hoping to offer a setting where the two factions have a variety of things they can do in the world with planning. Rebels will be able to actually set up raids on targets such as camps, caravans, or guard posts, as well as have moments of intrigue where they need to try and hide from the ever watchful griffon eyes. For the griffons, catching the rebels while they try and hide under your noses will be key, in addition to maybe setting up fake targets to ambush them. For neutral characters, this offers a chance to live a normal life; do what you are told and you can run your own shop with minimal oppression.

This is a very rough idea right now and before it is implemented it will be fleshed out. This is just to give you all an idea of what might be coming.

Please PM me if you are strongly for or against it as well as if you have any questions, comments, or criticisms.

Thank you all and I hope this works
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet
Alignment: Loyalist
Profession: Warrior

Back to top Go down

Changing of the Guard (Possible Changes and Additions) Empty Re: Changing of the Guard (Possible Changes and Additions)

Post by Klockwerk Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Changing of the Guard (Possible Changes and Additions) 424776184 I approve.
Klockwerk
Klockwerk
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Toymaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down