MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Surprise Guest [closed]

2 posters

Go down

A Surprise Guest [closed] Empty A Surprise Guest [closed]

Post by Sassaflash Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:46 pm

Year 4, Dec 15 - Afternoon

Mega calmly cantered around her little space of a repair and gadget shop, taking stock of everything she had on the shelves with her clipboard and quill. Everything seemed to check out and be right where it should be. Fixing her glasses, the mare tucked the clipboard back into her saddlebag to continue on with her day.

Keeping an innocent expression as a shopkeeper was surprisingly easy for the kind mare. Her shop held a big secret under it, one that would probably cause her death if the griffons ever found out about it. But, the danger never seemed to truly effect the curly-haired mare and she kept her daily business smooth and easy.

Taking a seat at the counter, she waited for any customers...or otherwise special ponies...to appear for her. Business wasn't the best in the times of occupation, but it wasn't her business that kept her busy.

Last edited by Megabyte Stream on Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Inventor and Engineer

Back to top Go down

A Surprise Guest [closed] Empty Re: A Surprise Guest [closed]

Post by Prism Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:11 pm

Prism had made his way through the tunnels, it had taken sometime and he had gotten lost more than a few times. He was sure he would remember the right way at some point without getting lost every few minutes.

But at long last he made it to the door that would lead him to his destination. There was a small device that was set up just to the side that he knew he should press so the owner would know he was there and then wait for the door to be opened. He reaches out with his hoof and pressed the button that was there and played the waiting game hoping it wouldn't be too late.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet
Profession: Captain of the Equestrian Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:21 pm

Mega jumped ever so slightly as a quiet ringing came from under her desk, a slight grin appearing on her face. The mare stood up from the stool she was sitting on and slipped into the back room, closing the door behind her with a back hoof.

Making sure everything was safe and secure, she moved up to what appeared to be a perfectly normal wall. However, as she placed a hoof onto it and pushed, the door slid open to reveal the path to the tunnels and the base underneath her business.

"Ah, hello there." She said to the red stallion before her. "Haven't seen you before, come in."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:32 pm

Prism pulled off the hood of his coat so the mare could see him weathered face better “You must be Megabyte Stream” He said eyeing up the little pony that was in front of him. Silver had spoken of her a number of times speaking highly of her skills and he thought it best he find out himself what she could do.

“I am Captain Prism” he said holding out a hoof.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Mega gave the stallion a nod before reaching out with her hoof to shake his. "Yep, I'm Megabyte Stream; arms dealer, builder and seller." She replied, closing up the wall behind the stallion just in case a customer came by. "Well, that's at least what I really am. Any griffons and non-rebels just think I'm a simple repairmare who sells some unique gadgets."

"Anyway, if I may ask, what brings you here?"
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:50 pm

Prism walked in and looked around the shop. “Well I am here to meet yourself and to have a look at your work to find out what we can use and what would work for us.” He said as he walked over to have a look at some of the things that where around the room.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:56 pm

Mega chuckled to herself while moving back into the storefront. "Oh, if you want to know what I have to help the rebels, you won't find anything useful in here. You need to see my workshop." She replied simply, staying close to the stallion to keep their voices down.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:10 pm

“Should of guessed you keep the good stuff out here so the griffons couldn’t see it,” He turned back to look at the Pegasus, “That is if you have the time to show me what you have in stock” he said putting on a sweet smile in hope that if the answer was going to be no he could talk her around. Even though his smile wouldn’t be the best one in the world.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:14 pm

Mega stepped away from the stallion and over to the door, locking it before putting the closed sign up. "Of course I can take you there. Follow me." She stated simply, waiting for just a moment before heading back into her back room, where the door underground rested. "I don't get many customers anyway, due to mechanical items being a bit rarer these days."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:34 pm

“I wouldn't know mechanical things are not the sort of stuff I would normally play with” He took his brown coat off and throws it over the desk. His coat now on show, he would normally have his armour on but now that he had dropped it off at the black smith he had to get use to walking round without it and it did feel good to let his skin breath but he didn't like walking around as it did make him feel vulnerable.

He followed after the grey mare to see where she would lead him to and to see what she had to show him.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Mega moved herself up to the familiar false wall, pushing it open and moving inside. "Hurry, and please close the door behind you." She replied, looking back to the stallion while waiting in the dark tunnel. "It's actually rather expansive once we get there. Have the diamond dogs to thank for that."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:03 pm

Prism followed her instructions and kept close to the mare making sure that he closed the door behind him as he walked through. It was dark so Prism light up his horn so they could see what was going on and he could see that it was a little cosy in the entrance. “Well I will let you lead the way Megabyte this is your workshop after all.”
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:07 am

Mega gave a nod before turning to lead the way through the dark tunnel. "Don't worry, it's not far in the slightest." She replied, getting to the bottom of the stone ramp that lead away from the door. Pausing to make sure she hadn't lost her friend, she turned right in the three-way intersection of tunnels. Pausing once more after just a few feet of cantering, she placed her forehoof on a heavy metal door. "And here we are."

Without another word, Mega removed a key from her saddlebag to unlock the door and heave it open with a heavy push.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:19 am

Prism followed close behind making sure that both of them had light. They got to the three-way split, Prism looked down the other paths to see if he could work out what was down there but it was too dark to see.

He saw the large door and Megabyte pushing it, so he walked over and helped her give it a push open "What else have you got hiding down here then?"
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:30 am

Mega activated a simple series of lights that worked well enough to see by, revealing the metal-lined walls of the room that kept any intruders at bey. Along the walls, on shelves and on the two large workbenches in the room were weapon pieces, waiting to be screwed together. "And here we are, my secret pride and joy." She replied, tone growing much more serious once she was out of the public eye. "Bombs, crossbows, projectile knives for surprise attacks. Not to mention my best invention...the screecher."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:41 am

Prism looked to see what there was, he could easily make out most of the weapons she was listing off and the idea of getting a bomb or two could be handy at this point. There was one thing that he was not sure about this screecher. "Well I can spot most of what you are saying, but what is this screecher you are talking of?"
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:46 am

Mega moved away from the stallion and towards the back wall. Giving a specific area a few specifically-placed taps with her hoof, a secret shelf popped open, holding small cylinders made of what seemed to be wood and metal on the outside. The mare took one before closing the shelf back up. "This, my good stallion, is a screecher. "Can only be used once do the the mechanism, but it emits a sound that is perfectly tuned for a griffon's ear. What sounds just loud and annoying screeching to us is enough to floor them. It only lasts a few seconds, but that's all you need."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:55 am

Prism made a note this pony really liked her hidden things and buttons that would start all manner mechanisms.

Now this was something very useful and she was right a few seconds would be all he need to wipe out a guard unit or drop bodyguards to talk out a leader. "how long does it take you to make one of these and I am guessing the parts don't come easy as well," already guessing that getting a lot of theses was not going to happen.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:58 am

Mega nodded to confirm the stallion's words. "Exactly. They're few, very few actually. Despite being commissioned by the rebellion since almost the beginning, I've only been able to stockpile a total of about a dozen of them." She replied, placing the screecher back into the hidden shelf. "Though, my other items are more common."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:08 am

A dozen was a good number to start with he had been expecting her to say that was the only one this made him smirk a little knowing the number.

"Well the other items are more common once so would be easier to make, you got any more stand out pieces or is your screecher the only one for now," he was hopping that this little pony had a few more tricks in her bag, but he was sure that was just wishful thinking on his part.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:12 am

"Well, nothing that I would call truly outstanding. I've just been working with what I can get. Though, that smith...Steel something has been making parts for me." She replied, picking up a knife from one of the weapon racks and cantering back to the stallion.

"Though... I do have more than just a few tricks up my sleeve." The mare held what seemed to be an ordinary knife to the stallion for a quick examination. Pointing the weapon towards a cork board and pressing a hidden button, the mare fired the knife's blade out and into the board like an arrow. "Never take things at face value, my friend."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:24 am

"Yes I do know Steels work," he said with a smile "I drop by there before coming here to give him a little project to work on"

Prism watch the blade get fired off into the board "Well they would be very useful for the earth and pegasus that we have and would be good as a hidden weapon. Is there anything else you can demonstrate?" hoping to see a little more of her surprises and see what would be worth test out in the field.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:28 am

Mega moved over to the board and pulled the blade out, carefully reloading it into the handle. "Don't forget surprise attacks. Can be used as a regular knife, then, fire." She replied, setting the knife back where it was.

"Pinhole crossbows that are smaller than the normal minis. Not meant for killing, but they can be hidden under items of clothing and fired to disable your opponent before the real strike." The gray pegasus continued to slowly wander around her workshop. "I'm trying to get the materials to make some firearms, but those take time."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:59 am

"I have used knifes as missiles before but that was using unicorn magic to do tricks like that." Prism looked at the smaller crossbow. He was not one for using range weapons but sure other would like them. He was not sure it would do much to a griffon if fired as he had seen them shake of some strong attack and keep coming and this didn't look like it could pack that much of a punch.

"Fire arms? really I would say work on this smaller crossbow make it pack more of a punch. I can see why the griffon's like them as armour is useless and if goes right through a unicorns shield but it needs to hit the target first and most of the time they miss even at close range." Prism didn't like these weapons the griffon's used and he had been luckily that any shot at him have missed, but he had seen those not lucky and unlike an arrow that could be pulled out the bullet would stay in the body and would normally the victim would die days later from infection and that was a painful way to die.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:36 am

'Well, yes, firearms are unreliable, but they are nice for taking out a foe quickly from close range. No need to aim a stab while in the head of the moment; just point and pull." Mega replied while wandering her workshop to take inventory on what she had built. "Besides, I have to work with what supplies I get. Most of my weapons specialize on surprise and sneak attacks, disorienting your opponent and taking advantage of them."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:28 pm

Prism looked over what here was. He needed to test this stuff in real life as watching them work in a work shop was all fine but if they don't live up to the mark then what good are they, "Can I take some of this stuff to test it make sure we are happy with the product and if it passes put some orders in for the rebels" he said picking up one of the knifes and looking at it.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:22 pm

With a nod of her head, Mega moved towards the wall of her shop where her weapons hung on displace. "Yes, of course you may. I can't give you any of my screechers, as their existance is supposed to be kept utterly hidden until the very right moment, but I can supply you with one for two of my other times." She replied simply. "You can take a knife, a pinhole crossbow and two or three of my flash-bangs and smoke bombs. Just be careful with them."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:34 pm

Prism looked over what he had to pick from "Well I will take a knife and a few flash and smoke bombs, I will leave the crossbow for someone that knows how to use them," he said as he moved to pick up the bombs that she had talk about to see if he could work out how they would be set off.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:38 pm

Mega cantered towards the stallion and gave a nod, reaching a hoof up to the bombs after spotting his examination of them. "Light the wick right there to set it off. It takes a few moments to burn down so you have time to set it and prepare yourself." She explained, wanting to make sure he didn't hurt himself with it.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:42 pm

He looked at the wick "Mmmm... looks like I will need to carry something to light it with. They both work the same way I am guessing?" having a closer look at the wick trying to work out if he ran it along a wall or something would light it.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:50 pm

Mega gave a nod to confirm the stallion's words. "Yes they do. However, the smoke bomb is something you more keep towards you, while the flash-bang is one you want close to your opponent, but away from you." She replied, the round objects marked to make it easy for them to be differentiated: skull and crossbones for the smoke bomb and an eye for the flash-bang. "And don't worry about carrying a fire starter, they can easily be lit through friction on a rough surface."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Prism smiled at Mega's words, just what he wanted to hear "Well I will take a signle knife and two of each boom" he looked up at Megabyte gave her a little smirk "If that is OK with you?"
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:00 pm

Mega turned away from the unicorn to gather up the requested items, holding them out for the other pony while having to use her wings for balance due to her full forelegs. "I hope they're to your liking when you get to use them." She replied politely.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:23 pm

Prism too the items with the magic of his horn. I white light covered them as the floated up and over to him. "I will be sure to give you a full report of their performance and effectiveness in the field once I have returned." He was sure he could hide these items in his large coat as there was a few hidden pockets in it that would be useful.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Mega gave a single nod in reply to the stallion, giving him a softer expression than she had been wearing for the majority of the encounter with him. "Alright, I'll be looking forward to seeing you again, Prism." She replied formally. "I hope my creations are to your liking."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:10 pm

Prism noticed the face change but knew it best to say anything about it. "Well I thank you Megabyte Steam. I hope our next meeting is just as enjoyable" He said with a warm smile "I will be leaving out the front door as I have other business that needs doing."
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:18 pm

Mega nodded her head once more, opening up the heavy door of the workshop for her guest. "Alright, I'll follow you then. Need to ensure my store is secure." She replied calmly while trotting back out into the dark underground passageways. "You seem to be up to a lot."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:29 pm

Prism moved out of the room "I am, there is a lot to do we have just started some great and we need to keep up the speed we have and its pony's like yourself and I that are going to keep us moving." He waited till she had locked up then turned around.

"You ever need help or a hoof with anything, then I am a pony you can count on just call on me and I will be here as soon as I can" Megabyte was a pony that would help the rebels get far and he wanted to make sure she knew she had the rebels support. They could really do use more ponies like her.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:05 pm

"I'll keep that in mind, thank you." Mega replied calmly while leading the way back to her above ground shop. "And if you ever need anything, you can call. Though...if it's griffon troubles, please contact me through the underground. This business is why I have the materials for my weapons, and anything that would put the griffon eyes onto me would severely harm that."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:19 pm

Prism nodded "Not to worry I will make sure nothing like that happens, and if it does I will make sure your safety is number one on the list if it does" He said as he followed Mega back to his ship. "Your skills are very valuable to Equestria" He could of said rebels but what they did here would one day, he hoped free Equestria from the griffon's.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:26 pm

Mega carefully pushed open the door leading to her shop, ushering the unicorn out after. "I appreciate that very much, and good luck. Every pony is important in this fight to remove the seedeaters from our land." She replied in a serious tone. "We can't afford to lose one pony before we're ready for the fight, so I will stick to all of you."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:52 pm

Prism walked to where Mega's front door is and turned to face her and held out a hoof "Well till we meet again. I wish you you the best in your business and hope we can help it grow" He gave her one more warm smile before he turned to walk out of her shop to his next mission.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:02 pm

"Stay safe, and let Equestria live on." Mega replied, reaching out with her hoof to shake his before he could leave. Letting her statement be her last, she closed the door behind herself to flip the sign on her door back to open to return to her usual business duties for the day.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:08 pm

Characters: Captain Steel Prism's,Megabyte Stream

Summary: Prism visit Megabyte to have a looked at what sort of equipment that she holds. After looking and testing a number of them he takes a few times so he can try them out and see how they work when being used in the field.
Prism
Prism
Shining Armor
Shining Armor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down