MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiding Among the Hidden [Closed] (Dated)

2 posters

Go down

Hiding Among the Hidden [Closed] (Dated) Empty Hiding Among the Hidden [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Hark Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Oct 31, Year 4

Moving at a painfully obvious hurried and anxious pace, Suture made her way over to a given address supposedly the workshop of one "Megabyte Stream." Apparently, this pony could help her, give her a place to stay, ect.

Slowing to a moderate trot, Suture finally stopped at what was supposed to be the mare's workshop. Following Steel's instructions, Suture made her way to a certain door, knocking squarely in the center of the door. Glancing behind herself shortly, she noticed the sun, and thus the time- past curfew. If she were to be caught out now, she would be, more than literally, chopped liver.

Dear Celestia, the stakes were on!
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Textile Worker, Medical Practitioner

Back to top Go down

Hiding Among the Hidden [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: Hiding Among the Hidden [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Sassaflash Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:32 pm

Megabyte looked up from her workbench as the sharp sound of a hoof on her front door reached her ears. She wasn't expecting anypony to visit, but she never turned down a customer. Leaving her things where they were, she slowly limped her way up the stairs to the door and pulled it open with a heavy heave. Closing the secret door back up tight to hide it, she moved for the front door of the home and opened it up a crack to peek out. She was on full alert lately and made sure her visitor couldn't see more than her eye.

"Yes? What kind of business do you have with me?" She asked in a serious, suspicious tone. It wasn't that she didn't trust the pony on the other side of the door, she was just worried of getting attacked in some way again.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Inventor and Engineer

Back to top Go down

Hiding Among the Hidden [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: Hiding Among the Hidden [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Hark Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:43 pm

She inhaled deeply. The serious tone was expected, as well as the suspicion- the underworld was full of suspicion, anyway. Exhaling equally slowly, she was attempting to remain passive and hidden, as the time had her panic-stricken. None the less, she began to speak:

"Some smith sent me. Steel Strike, I think. He said you could help me out."
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:56 pm

Mega listened to what the mare had to say, closing her eyes before closing the door. A quick moment later, the door opened up fully once the chain lock was undone to reveal a smiling face.

"You know Mister Strike? Then come on in." She said, backing up out of the doorway to give her guest room. "I'm Megabyte Stream and I'll show you to my workshop. Even in here, it isn't safe with the windows a griffon can easily see inside." Her tone had suddenly grown more serious as she spoke despite her expression going mostly unchanged.

"I told that smith to not tell anypony about my workshop, so this must be important." She stated flatly while turning away from the new mare, limping slowly towards the location of her hidden workshop door.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Suture was taken aback- she didn't expect a smiling face from the voice behind the door. Taking her offer, she stepped inside, looking about. When she finished speaking, Suture took her own turn.

"Thank you. I seriously cannot thank you enough..." she says, looking toward the windows. "Can't get blinds?"
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:37 pm

"I could get some, but I can't show my face outside much anymore. The griffons know me by name now." Mega replied, climbing up onto the tattered armchair and rearing up onto her hind legs with a slight wince. The hidden door opened up slowly once her weight was on it, the inventor climbing up into the revealed tunnel.

"It I may ask, what has brought you here? Need something made?" She asked, not worrying about the assumption, seeing as that's all anypony ever came around her place for. "But, please hurry inside while you answer."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:42 pm

Doing as told and hurrying along inside, Suture noticed the mare's wince upon rearing up- she'd have to bring that up some time. However, as the mare badgered her with questions, her mind remained on one thing: the fact that she had implied she was a wanted outlaw. Suture knew that staying here was a major risk, however one she was barely willing to take. "I need to hide and I need a job. Can you do that?" she asked in a slightly passive and quiet tone.
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Mega closed the door tightly behind the two of them, making sure it would look perfect on the outside in case a griffon came by. "I can give you both a place to hide and a job. The only thing I'll ask of you is your name and what skills you have." She replied, limping down the stairs to the main area of the very cluttered workshop.

"I have certain...links...and you'll never have to go above ground for as long as you need to hide." She stated simply, limping over to a small wood box to sit down. The pegasus let a heavy sigh escape her once the weight was off of her bandaged thigh.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:54 pm

Suture nodded, proceeding to sit on her haunches, looking at the bandaged thigh of Megabyte. Hm, this may be to her advantage... "My name is Suture, and I'm a medic..." she says, stopping and waiting for Megabyte to move along with speaking, perplexed by her injury, and scrutinizing it intensity.
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:59 pm

"A medic, huh? I assume this means you know about medical devices and other things of that sort?" Mega replied, not noticing Suture's attention to her injury. "That is one thing my workshop has definitely lacked, medical supplies. And in a time like this, anything to help injured ponies recover quicker and more fully is a top priority."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:06 pm

Suture nods. "Yes, I do..." she says as she begins to divert the conversation to Mega's injury. "Say, that bandaged leg of yours... what did you do to it, exactly?"
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:12 pm

A large grin appeared across Mega's muzzle once she heard Suture had a still that would be useful to her shop. "Alright. You are accepted as my assistant planner and emergency medic for the nearby area of the Undermarket." She said in a happy, almost giddy tone.

The mare blinked as Suture brought attention to her injury, glancing down at her bandage. "It's a long story, but I got clawed by a mad griffon a few days ago. I'm luck that's all he managed to do to me." She stated bluntly.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:26 pm

She nods slowly, following along with her. "Uh-huh... I have enough education to do that..." she said, now turning her attention back to the wound. "Mind removing the bandages for me?"
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:40 pm

"Well then...I welcome you into my shop with open hooves!" Mega said in an overly excited tone while holding her forelegs up in the air. Quickly calming back down again and sitting in her previous position just in time to hear Suture's request.

"I don't see any harm in it. It's about time to change the bandage anyway." She stated simply while standing up from her seat. Raising her wing up to get easy access to the bandage, she brought a forehoof up and back to undo it, letting it unravel and fall off herself, red splotches of blood on the innermost layer of the wrappings. Three deep wounds were gouged into the pony's hide, making it obvious that the fleshy area was the only thing that had stopped the claws from hitting bone; the jagged nature of the claw marks having made it hard for any sort of healing to actually take hold in the time since they were given.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:50 pm

Suture stood, allowing her saddlebags to fall off, extracting a length of cloth from them. It wasn't very long, however it was wide. Levitating it over to Megabyte in a field of grey magic, she began to speak in a rather amused tone. "You may want to bite down on this... really really hard."

Her horn began to glow again, this time the cloud appearing around the wound. Streaks of light began to interlace the wounds in a zig-zagging pattern, as a length of medical suturing was removed from Suture's bag, a sewing needle of the same purpose also being levitated out as she threaded the string through the eye, tying it tight.

Following the pattern created by her horn, Suture began, well, suturing the wounds in a rather rough manner. Of course, without any sort of painkillers, it is painful having a needle inserted into and out of the edges of one's wound. Thus the cloth. What, you thought it had chloroform? That's for the rich doctors!

Soon, she would be done suturing all three of the claw wounds, now levitating a small roll of bandage from her bags again and applying it to the wound, making sure it were tight to stop further bleeding.

"Well... That should be all..." she said, replacing everything in her bags as she sat on her haunches once again.
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:00 am

Mega blinked as she opened her mouth to hold the rolled up cloth she had been given by Suture. She looked back at her wounds curiously to see what the doctor was doing to her. Though unsure of what was about to happen, she didn't feel fear, she knew whatever a doctor thought was best for her would be.

The pegasus' eyes opened wide once the needle made its appearance, however. She looked straight ahead at the stone wall, unable to watch what was about to happen. The needle made contact and pierced her skin, saying it wasn't agonizing for the pony would be a lie. She bit down on the towel hard each time the needle made its way through her, slowly closing the wounds up little by little.

The bandage was on and she lowered her head slightly to recover from the pain that had just raced through her body, releasing the towel from her grip and nearly collapsing onto the box to take her seat again.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:08 am

Suture smiled a little. Helping the world one injury at a time, she thought. Well, she began to move along, placing the rag somewhere close to her bags. "So... What now?" she asked tentatively.
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:13 am

Mega took a few deep breaths to calm herself down after the experience, able to shake it off after a moment. "Well...I wasn't expecting to have a long-term guest coming today. I was just working on a new idea I had today." She replied simply, glancing over at her desk while pushing her glasses up on her muzzle after they had slid down during the stitching. "I don't have much to do down here besides building and planning."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:24 am

Suture sighed. It was an exciting day everywhere else BUT here. "Need any assistance with that, or am I free to quarter and sleep?"
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:33 am

"Well, do you know anything about what I like to call a flash-bang?" Mega asked while standing back up onto all four hooves. "It's a special bomb that is nonlethal, but it makes a very loud noise, along with a flash of light to disorient anything in a radius of it." She explained with an almost manic grin on her face. "It's easier to make these than the other repelling items I've made."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:56 am

Perplexed, Suture raised an eyebrow. "Oh? You're working on repellants... I presume for other sentient beings... and these flash-bangs are explosives... How?"
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:01 am

Mega giggled a bit as she moved over to Suture, raising a hoof and poking her on the nose. "I got some black powder from our resident alchemist and mixed it together with some of my secret recipe to make the flash. Just light the fuse and toss it as its about to explode." She explained with a smile that was rather unfitting for the topic of discussion. "The shell is made out of clay, that was it will mostly disintegrate and not create any sharp pieces."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:16 am

She nods, recoiling a bit as Megabyte poked her. Shifting back a little bit, she inhales a little slower. This was one weird pony. Perhaps she could have a little fun with her, but that would be a bad idea with all things considered.

"You can at least assist in making medical equipment, right?" she said, cocking her head to the side and giving a quizzical look.
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:34 am

"Yes I can! Just give me your layout or idea, and I can make it happen!" Mega replied with another chuckle, cocking her head to the side to copy Suture. "What did you have in mind? You can play the leader, and I'll be the assistant. I don't know all of the rules for medicine."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hark Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:51 am

"Didn't expect you to be so willing. Alright then..." she said, an idea already formed in her head. "Well, I could use something other than a pot with boiling water to sterilize everything I have... Not really all that practical in emergency medicine... Perhaps.. No.." Suture then began the long process of sitting there, attempting to come up with any idea at all. Finally, after a few minutes, she spoke again. "Okay... Well, basically I need something that can heat my tools up really really fast.. Think you can make that possible?"
Hark
Hark
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:06 am

Mega hummed to herself as she listened to the idea Suture had for her device, raising a hoof to her chin and tapping it lightly is if it would help her think harder. "I think there's something I can make that could do that. I'll need to sneak over to the alchemist's shop to see if I can get the stuff that makes matches light up, but I should be able to work something out for us to make."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down