MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another day at the Clinic [Closed] (Dated)

4 posters

Go down

Another day at the Clinic [Closed] (Dated) Empty Another day at the Clinic [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Mercy Heart Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:28 am

Oct 5, Year 4

Mercy opened her eyes. "Another day," she sighed. She did not move, instead thinking that maybe if she stayed really still she would somehow no longer be in this run down garbage heap she called a clinic. She finally built up the will to get out of bed, or what could be generously called a bed and ungenerously called a pile of trash with a torn blanket over it. She proceeded to her desk and levitated a small notepad. Reading her appointments and chores for the day, her assistant came into the doorway. A strongly built pegasus, brown in color, with one wing severely torn to shreds from a long ago fight. He did not say anything, only standing in the doorway waiting for Mercy to speak.

"Alright, first for today, we need more bandages, or anything that can be made into bandages. Also, we need more water, and a few mechanical parts for the purifier."

The pegasus nodded his head and left. Mercy put down the notepad and looked up. She pulled back the metal sheet that covered one of the windows of the warehouse. The bleak grey outside made her feel worse, "I don't exactly know why I thought this would help." She put the cover back on and proceeded down the stairs.

The Warehouse is fairly large, but only a small portion of it has been cleaned and made sanitary. Large mounds of debris surround the area where she does her work. A small hidden door being the only way in or out. It wasn't safe, or comfortable, to live in the Industrial District, but it was far away from anypony. She tried living in the residentials, but the emotions were always so strong. "Well, better get the day started."
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Another day at the Clinic [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: Another day at the Clinic [Closed] (Dated)

Post by String Chord Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:33 pm

String trots inside, he wars a dark brown cloak with a hood, hood not covering his head, a slight smile on his face, he looks around, humming a tune, his acoustic guitar slug onto his back, he calls out "Hello? is there anypony who can help me? I have some food stuck down between my teeth, and I can't get it out..." he stops in the middle of the room.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment: Revolution
Profession: Bard

Back to top Go down

Another day at the Clinic [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: Another day at the Clinic [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Mercy Heart Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Mercy stands at a workbench, her back to the entryway. She stops her work on the purifier pump and slowly lifts her eyes. Grabbing a rag to wipe the grease from her hooves, she Turns around and eyes the pony who entered her clinic. Immediately she could tell he is the selfless type, and beyond that there was a past of torment. She sighs, this was normal of most ponies who came in, however this one was unusually nice, so that was refreshing.

Putting the rag down on the table she addresses him, "I am sorry, what's wrong?"
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:03 pm

/me taps his muzzle twice then puts his hoof down again "Got something stuck between my back teeth. And it hurts like a stab in the back." he chuckles "It hurts to talk and sing. And what good is a bard without his voice?"
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:08 pm

She looks down and chuckles under her breath. This was very different from her usual requests. Looking back up she gives a soft smile, "Alright, why not have a seat over there and I'll take a look." She motions to an old doctors table. It looks as if it could fall at apart at any moment. She then goes into a cabinet to grab some equipment.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:25 pm

He trots up to the table neutrally, and pats it gently, dust flying off of it, he couch slightly and sighs, climbing onto it, he's a pegasus, even an enormous one, he's extremely light compared to let's say.. an earth pony "Well... this is luxury... I've seen worse tables, believe me."
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:46 pm

Hjalti trots into the clinic slowly, his head low. He is a large, young looking stallion. He limps slightly as he trots in, looking around. He looks pale and sickly, his dark, bloodshot eyes indicating sleep deprivation. He coughs; "H-hello...?"
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:48 pm

String rises his head from the table, looking at the newcomer, he waves at him, laying on his back, ready to be checked "Greetings, good sir"
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:55 pm

Mercy stumbles a little as she closes the cabinet. "I really need a lock and doorbell," she whispers. Usually her assistant would keep things under control, but for now it is only her.

She could feel great pain, both physically and spiritually. Calming herself, she turns to face the new pony. "If you could have a seat in the table adjacent to the other pony, I will see you right away."

She did not smile, she meant to, but she couldn't. It took all of her concentration to not be overcome by the presence of these two ponies.

She approached the first pony with a flashlight and a sickle probe. "Please open you mouth."
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:04 pm

String opens his muzzle wide, area around his aching tooth seems to be red, and the back of his neck too, the pain keeps spreading, messing with his vocal cords as well.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:05 pm

He limps over to the table next to string, sitting at it. He wipes his long mane away from his face with his hoof, fiddling with his cloak pin a little.
He coughs again, holding his side.
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:11 pm

"Hmm," she probes the area with her instrument. She can tell it is an infection, probably from a cut on the gum under the rear molar. Her horn glows a light aqua, trying to mask the pain as she continues to probe. "It would seem you have a small tooth infection. I am going to do what I can. Please be still."

She concentrates as best she can, trying to ignore the overwhelming presence of the earth pony and focus on healing. Slowly the redness fades as she heals the wound.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:16 pm

"Owh, hawm.. thawnks yaw..." he tries smiling speaking through her probe and magic
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:22 pm

She finishes what she can. She closes her mouth fast and turns away slightly. This always happens after she heals. She smiles to the pony, "Please wait here. It should start feeling better, but there is more that must be done."

She turns and approaches the earth pony. The pain being almost as much as she can bear, she smiles, "Whah seems to beh the prhoblehm." She grabs her cheek. But still smiles.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:26 pm

String widens his eyes, looking at the healing mare, clear shock covering his face, trying to remember the name of the method she just used to heal him, his father spoke about it to him many times, that it's dangerous, sometimes fatal if the pony doesn't know how to release the illness outside of him or her.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:31 pm

He avoids eye contact, his pale cheeks turning red. He seems to feel ashamed for seeking help. He fiddles with his cloak pin some more; "It's... my side..."
*he struggles to breathe* "I think... my rib's broken..."
He looks down at his side. It appears to be severely bruised and inflamed.
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:39 pm

Jack is passing by the hospital and remains in front of it.
"I should check the package the mare gave me, maybe I can give something to the doc." He's checking the package and yes there where a lot of thing he could do it without. He tooks out some of the antibiotics to heal his infection and left the rest in the package.
He's entering the building.
"Hello..." he recognizes String, who is sitting at the doctors table,Jack is smiling" oh, Hi String, nice to meet you again."
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel
Profession: Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:41 pm

String looks at Jack for a short time, smiling as well for that period "Hey again" he then loos back at the mare, still shocked, waiting for her to heal again.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:47 pm

Mercy stops, feeling a sudden sense of worry. She turns back to the pony, confusion on her face. She can tell he knows about her magic, and how it works. Swallowing big she reassures him, "It'll be fine, I know what I am doing." Indeed she knew the magic is dangerous, but in small doses she can handle herself. She smiles and turns back to the earth pony.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:55 pm

He shivers, rubbing his eyes with his hooves. He looks up at Mercy; she can sense mixed feelings of pain and uncertainty behind his bloodshot, amber coloured eyes.
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:59 pm

Jack notices that String is looking worried at the unicorn and walks up to him.
"Everything alright with her?"
And then he notices that she's helping the earthpony.
"Is she the doctor?"
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:02 pm

String just nods, still concerned.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:07 pm

Jack waits besides String. He doesn't want to disturb her.
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:21 pm

String whispers to Jack "She's a heart healer... She takes away pain and illness from others.... and then keeps it inside her 'til it goes away.... Father told me about them."
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:24 pm

"What seems..." she breaths heavily and holds her cheek, "to be th-the problem."

"Where is that damned pegasus," she tries to whisper, but fails. The room was filled with too many people, too many conections. Taking a large deep breath, she calms herself. "Its ok. Consider this a test." She talks to herself quite a bit, being a recluse.

She looks to the new "intruder" and does her best to smile. She can sense no physical pain, but a great deal of past pain. Always the same with these ponies.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:37 pm

He stares at her, his ears flattening slightly. Sensing that something is wrong, he begins to take less notice of his own pain.
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:41 pm

"I see... we had some of them in our platoon. They were really good, but on the battlefield, we got normal medicine. I think the stress and the screams on the battlfield were to much for them." he whispers to String.

He notices that the unicorn looks at him.He walks over to her.
"Hello, my name is Grayscale." He puts the package in front of her."I got this bag from a mare, who robbed me, a funny story, anyway it's full of medical stuff like bandages and antibiotics and I think you can use it better than me."
He opens the package, so that she can have a look inside.
"You don't have any saddlebag I can use, do you?"
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:01 pm

String stands up and puts his beret back on "I'll be back later... I don't want to cause any.... incidents now" he smiles warmly at everypony and trots out as fast as he can.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:11 pm

Mercy lets out a small sigh in relief at the room becoming less crowded. "Go ahead and put the bag down over on the table. Let me see this patient first, then I'll see if I have anything you could use."

She turns to her patient and notices his concern too. She smiles warmly, "I am alright, no need to worry." The pain seems to have left her face. "Now tell me, what is wrong?"
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:13 pm

He groans, still struggling to breath; "It's... my rib..."
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:18 pm

"Dont worry. It's not that important. I have to go, a lot of work is waiting for me on the farm. See ya'." He smiles as he walks out the door, he knows that the medical supplies will help her.

Last edited by Grayscale on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:39 pm

He sighs, feeling slightly more comfortable now that there are less ponies around.
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:02 pm

Suddenly trots back in, remembering that his treatment wasn't over yet, he rushes up to his table wide-eyed, holding his cheek, he sits on the table again, still, embarrased, his memory short.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Mercy takes a deep breath and focuses on the rib. Her horn glows softly as her magic starts to heal the rib slowly. Her face twitches in a slight grimace as the pain begins to fade.

After a few moments, Mercy opens her eyes and smiles. "There, that should help for now." She levitates bandages to her and begins wrapping them around the pony's torso. " Just take it easy for a few days, let your rib repair itself properly. Come back and see me if it still bothers you after that."
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am

Looks at Mercy, still concerned, he looks at her hips, looking if she'll react now that his pain is hers, he sits there tensed up, ready to hop in and help her if she needs help, such bravery and sacrefice surely needs to be told about, which he and his guitar will worry about.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:26 pm

He smiles warmly; "T-thank you..."
He looks at her horn, amazed by her ability to heal.
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:31 pm

Mercy stands up fully, not letting any pain show. She turns to the other pony. "I am glad you came back, I still need to fix that cut. Please open your mouth." She levitates the required tools and proceeds to heal up the small cut on his gums.

"Now you will need to be careful about what you eat for the next few days. Try your best to eat soft foods that don't require a lot of chewing. Come back and see me if the pain returns." She finishes up healing and proceeds place the tolls in a small container. A small plop is heard as the instruments fall in.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:00 pm

String looks at her and nods, he then stands up, and takes his stuff, putting his hood on, he sighs, looking at the Heart Healer sadly, "Well..... Goodbye then" he trots out of the clinic slowly, still concerned >It's not fair for somepony to take all the pain<
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:36 pm

Hjalti smiles at Mercy still; "I... guess I should leave now. Sorry for the trouble..."
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down