MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changeling gears

5 posters

Go down

Changeling gears Empty Changeling gears

Post by Reflected Failure Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:23 pm

Nov 6, Year 4

Crash!

The room spun for a moment as she shattered the window, her world spun around her then abruptly stopped. She hurt, everywhere. Her back, her wings, her horn, her legs, everything.

She gave a cough and attempted to sit that, that only 'caused her vision to blur and her body to hurt more. A blinding pain that nearly made her black out. So instead she layed there, hoping someone would find her...

"Actually no, I don't want anyone to find me." She whispered to herself before closing her eyes.
Reflected Failure
Reflected Failure
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Changeling gears Empty First there was just one little engy, sitting along the wall~

Post by Jimmy E. Brakes Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:34 pm

Jimmy heard the sound of the crash from the room he was in, but couldn't quite place the location. He'd come to these outskirts hunting for any scrap he could find, and new that these areas were generally uninhabited. Likely it was just another scavenger like him, but he couldn't take chances.

He hefted the hammer that was hung in his saddlebag, and balanced on his two legs as he knew how. He waited and listened a bit before saying anything, but couldn't make out anything he could distinguish.

He decided to call out- maybe his pal had finished scrapping the building adjacent, and made his way over here without saying anything. "Ey! That you Jury? Say somethin' or make yourself scarce, here?!"
Jimmy E. Brakes
Jimmy E. Brakes
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Changeling gears Empty Re: Changeling gears

Post by Jury Rigged Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:50 pm

Jury Rigged was laying underneath a countertop busy at work scavenging some pipes from underneath a sink when he heard a loud crash in a nearby room. he was startled by it and smacked his forehead into the sink itself with a loud thunk. "Son of a.." he mumbled to himself. he heard Jimmy call out to him but couldnt quite make out what he said. he sat up and rubbed the lump on his forehead "What the hell are you doing in there," he walked twords where he heard the voice and poked his head in the room"You better not be breaking shit, there could be good salvage here and we dont need you trying to level the place with that damn hammer of yours!" he said looking at Jimmy.
Jury Rigged
Jury Rigged
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Train engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Once again the wind moved with the gentle flick of feathers in the breeze. Leo, half pony and half gryphon once again stalked the skies as he passed over the outskirts of Manehatten. He enjoyed this part of the city, for not many pony nor gryphon dare wonder into this part of the city unless they scavenge or retire to the darker parts of the ruins.

He flicked a simple feather on one of his massive wings, banking him to the left as he made another pass. One might wonder why a Hippogriff spend his time in the skies over the ruins of an empire that once stood proud. The simple answer is... escape. Many of Ponykind and Gryphons alike look to him like a monster, pushing him away, shunning him for what he was born into. But that did not matter, not anymore. Now such thing became simply became irrelevant, he would find his calling.

Leo's thoughts became interrupted from the sound of a crash. His ears flickered as he heard the sound of debris followed by the wake of sliding rock, indicating an accident or maybe even a fight, which of course was odd considering how quiet the outskirts usually were. Once again he tilted a feather, turning the Hippogriff in a steady glide over the location of the sound. He gazed down as he swept over, looking for anything that could have caused such a sound.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Klockwerk Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:26 pm

Klockwerk walked down the path, humming a tune as he walked.

"Hmm-Hmm-Hum-Hmm....Hmm-Hum-Hum-Hmm-Hum...."

With the prize money from his recent fight in his saddlebags, he was in a fairly good mood. He disliked going to the Outskirts to fight though; too isolated and easy to "get lost". Ponies died out here, it was a widely accepted fact. But, if you were smart, you stayed safe.

Hearing a crash of glass, Klockwerk's ears perked up. Looked like someone wasn't following Klockwerk's mental rules of safety. Cursing his kind nature, he went to investigate. Coming across a bunch of ruined buildings, he saw the window that had been broken. Glancing down, he saw that the glass had broken in, and had not fallen. Looks like it was a Pegasus then; that meant as a fellow pony, it was his job to help.

Hearing rough Manehatten voices inside, his irises shrunk. Two of them; and they sounded like looters. Cracking his neck, he decided it was time to see what was what. Trotting to the door, he gave it a small tap with his foreleg. Opening quietly, he stepped through the doorway and into the building proper. Moving as silent as possible, he crept to where the window was broken. That would be his first move.

Last edited by Klockwerk on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Klockwerk
Klockwerk
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet
Profession: Toymaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy E. Brakes Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Jimmy spun about on the tip of his hoof as he heard Jury come from behind him- "Oh shi-!, oh, it's just you. Almost made me loose my cool." He panted briefly, before trying to regain some composure. Jimmy placed the sledge back into his satchel, and plopped back onto all fours like normal. He took a comb and slicked his hair back, as if to try to recover some dignity. "You know, J., I almost cracked you open like an old watermelon- got to give a guy some warning, hear?"

"I heard something crash jus' now, was that you?"
Jimmy E. Brakes
Jimmy E. Brakes
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jury Rigged Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:55 pm

Rigged sighed as Jimmy put away the hammer. "i thought it was you since your the one who's got a giant hammer on you" he looks around the room " if it wasnt me, and it wasnt you, then who the buck was it" he quickly swings around his harpoon launcher and arms it. he tones down to a whisper "we should hide."he says hidding behind a couch in the room.
Jury Rigged
Jury Rigged
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Klockwerk Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:53 pm

Klockwerk crept through the hallways of the building, looking for the wounded Pegasus. Hearing whispers from a room, he craned to hear them. Their voices were awful familiar...was that a mention of a sledgehammer? He only knew one pony that carried one around on a daily basis...Jimmy E. Brakes. And if he was here, Jury Rigged wasn't far behind. Opening the door, he walked in.

"Jimmy, Jury, ya bastards. Ya gave me a near heartattack. Thought ya were muggers or somethin'. What th' buck are ya doing here?!"
Klockwerk
Klockwerk
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:05 pm

As Leo watched from the skies above he down cast his vision upon the place where the sound had came from. He fell into a glide against the wind as he slowed himself to get a good look. From the looks of it some ponies had entered seeming to be alarmed by the sound. 'What are they up to...' he thought to himself. He continued to hover for a minute longer before eventually finding himself unable to find a simply reason apart from simple scavengers being noisy.

But then again, there wasn't exactly much to pick over in these parts of town. He gave one last thought before resigning himself to taking a closer look. He rolled into a dive as he accelerated down towards the building with the wind howling past his ears and through his feathers as he aimed for his entrance, a hole in the roof. As he approached he rolled forward and opened his wings, catching wind as he air braked towards the hole. As he reached it he slipped inside, touching down on the floor with a small patter of his paws.

His gaze swept around the room slowly as he stood straight and folded in his wings. He'd expected to find scavengers but this room seemed to be particularly empty except from a few dining room chairs a table and a whole lot of rotten rags which were probably once curtains. He turned, straining his ear to listen. He heard nothing but the ponies who he'd seen from above earlier. He wondered if he should speak with them, but then again when had him talking ever gone right.

He turned, making his way towards the back parts of the building. So far nothing he'd seen had been any indication of a crash or anything that could cause it. It was only when he reached the bedroom at the back that he froze upon seeing something laying on the floor, but not something, someone. From the looks of it she was female, black coat and a jagged horn. He'd never seen something like this before, only hearing of these creatures in tales. As he took on her appearance it dawned on him, She could only be a Changling. He took a step closer as he observed her more.

She seemed badly hurt, a collar around her neck with the word 'Prisoner' on it which was something that made his eyes narrow ever so slightly. He saw the wounds across her black coat and got closer as he knelt beside her. Carefully he placed a paw on her side, feeling for a heartbeat.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Reflected Failure Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:26 pm

His contact was met with a small serious of loud coughs, even if he wasn't the one who had caused it the timing was too perfect. Feeling the paw on her side almost put her in a panicked state, her heart began to race as she let several notions float through her head as to why there was a paw on her side.

Her first consisted of, 'There's a griffons back paw on my side, which means he might be holding me in place.' Which was quickly followed by 'or maybe he's guarding me and someone else is there.' and finally it ended with. 'Why is is paw backwards?'

She slowly turned her head meet that of not a griffon or a deformed griffon leg, but of something she hadn't ever seen before. Her eyes widened as she looked up at the massive thing. "Please... Don't eat..." Her words were almost inaudible before her head hit the cold wooden floor with a thunk, once again letting the black creep back in.
Reflected Failure
Reflected Failure
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Leo didn't like this one bit. She had a heartbeat but that now seemed redundant after she raised her head, speaking something along the lines of 'don't eat me'. If she weren't so hurt it might have been enough to make him smile a bit. He moved his paw back, shifting her gently to get a look at some of these wounds, all of which seemed rather nasty. "Going to need a doctor" he said in a low rumble. He looked around wondering if whatever it was that hurt her was still around.

He placed a paw on his head as he looked down at the Changling, thinking of what his options were. She was small, allot smaller then him in fact yet there was something about her he couldn't quite sum up in his mind. He felt, like there was familiarity in what he saw when he looked down at the hurt creature, like he knew her without ever having had a conversation. She was pretty, maybe even beautiful, but that wasn't all that he saw when he looked down at her. He exhaled deeply as he came to a decision in his mind.

Carefully he stepped forward before he gently picked her small frame up in his paws. She was light so it didn't take much effort for the large Hippogriff. He placed her on his back before he shifted his wings up a bit to either side to keep her steady and secure. Flying would be difficult, especially from inside here which meant he would need to head outside to take off first. He knew of a few doctors who could help her but they were a fair flight away. When he was sure she was safe and secure on his back he began to walk back into the dining room, heading for the front entrance.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy E. Brakes Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Jimmy grinned as Klock entered the room, almost forgetting what he was just talking about. "Doctor Klock, what'ya up to these-parts-these-hours? I thought we were the only Manehatten boys over in these parts of town!"

Jimmy's grin widened as he noticed the subtle formation of bruises on Klock's body. "Oh, you sly dog- out doing the fight right? Man, I bet you laid the hurt down on someone didn't ya! I wish I could have saw that- hey, me and Jurry hear been lookin' this place over for some scrap we need. You hear anythin' on your way in?"
Jimmy E. Brakes
Jimmy E. Brakes
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jury Rigged Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Jury let out a sigh of relief at the sight of Klock he hooked the safety on his harpoon launcher and turns back twords the kitchen "Well you two can catch up while i finish grabbing these pipes in here" he takes a few steps in and perks his ears foreward he can hear faint footsteps, but he cant think of what is making them those dont souond like hooves, or talons what the hell is in there he looks around and grabs a nearby rolling pin and waits beside the doorway for whatever is in there to come through.
Jury Rigged
Jury Rigged
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Klockwerk Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:13 pm

Klockwerk raised his ears at the noise from the hall. Slowly reachg for his saddlebags, he got a brass shoe out of his saddle bag, and the nails needed to attach it. Looking at Jimmy E. Brakes, he tilted his head towards the hallway, and whispered, "one sec." Getting the shoe on his left forehoof quietly, he stomped it a couple of times on the floor to get the nails in. Exiting the room, he stood in front of the doorway, leaning out to see who was there.

"Who's out here in the middle-a nowhere? Come out kid, I won't bite..."

Nodding his head at the two other Earth Ponies, Klockwerk got his right hoof ready.
Klockwerk
Klockwerk
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Leo continued his walk through the dining room as he thought over all the places he could take her where she could get medical help. He knew of a clinic in Manhattan where she could be healed, though he would need to get her in and out without attracting to much Griffon attention. If she'd come from a prison camp then he had no doubt she was wanted and would be perused by the Griffons, which meant waltzing into central Manehatten wasn't an option.

As he continued to move, weaving through rotten chairs and tables his ear flickered to the sounds of hooves, likely the hooves that belonged to the ponies he'd seen before. He thought of them as scavengers to be out in a place like this but it never hurt to exorcize caution, especially when one of them called out with the notion that he 'wont bite'

Leo paused at the doorway leading into the long hall to the entrance. He kept short from being seen as he replied, his voice deep and hard as he spoke. "That would be wise" he replied before he stepped forward into the hallway facing the pony stallion of whom the voice must have belonged to. Leo sized up the stallion carefully as his gaze swept over him. He had a horse shoe on, which likely meant he knew how to fight hoof to hoof. Leo was taller then the stallion and a little bigger, though not by much. Leo was bigger then most ponies but shorter then all Gryphons putting him somewhere averagely between, but this stallion didn't look to be the run of mill sized stallion.

Leo subtly flexed his paws and his arms, readying himself in case this turned hostile. His sunset orange eyes kept upon the pony as he took a few steps closer, continuing to speak, "Move aside and I.. we'll be on our way" he said, carrying the same tone as before.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Klockwerk Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:38 pm

Klockwerk decided to show a bit of bravado.

"Kid, we ain't lookin' for trouble, but what ya have on your back-" Klockwerk pointed at the hippogriff with his shod hoof. "is property of th' Kingdoms. And I doubt ya were plannin' on rescuing the poor mare anywho."

Klockwerk stepped in front of the door, blocking the hippogriffs path. If things got ugly, Jimmy and Jury should be able to intervene quickly.

"Why don't ya tell me why ya have a mare on your back then birdy."
Klockwerk
Klockwerk
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:04 pm

Leo tensed even more as the Earth Pony moved to block the doorway. Leo gave nothing in his expression at first before his eyes narrowed ever so slightly. His first mistake was talking about her as if she belonged to someone, his second mistake was blocking his exit, his third mistake was insinuating his intentions weren't pure and his last... was calling him 'birdy'. Leo gave a quick glance over his shoulder, checking on the Changling mare to make sure she was fairing alright. He really didn't want this fight, not while he was trying to help someone and not when fighting would be more difficult. He lifted his wings a bit more to buffer the mare comfortably as she rested on his back.

He looked back to the pony blocking the doorway, "She's hurt, I'm helping her" he said before he narrowed his eyes again a little, "And you're in my way.." he said before he took a step forward, not threateningly, but more in a hurry then anything else. Leo wasn't a doctor but he knew that nothing good ever came from waiting for medical help, "I'm not something you want to make a problem, so step aside and let us pass" he said in a deep calm voice before he tensed. If the stallion refused he would have one or two choices, go back and try to get through the hole he came in, or fight.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Klockwerk Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:24 pm

Klockwerk snorted.

"Buddy, I would like to believe you're doing this outta th' goodness of your feathered heart, but I know who ya are kid." Klockwerk began to chip away at the doorframe with his shod hoof.

"You're Leo Flameheart, mercenary. Kid, word travels fast down th' grapevine. I've heard of what ya do, no questions asked. So, tell ya what;" Klockwerk got on his hind legs, and leaned on the doorframe. "You let me an' my friends in there escort yah to th' Undermarket. Jus' ta make sure ya don't do anything 'untoward'-" Klockwerk emphasized that with his hooves, "to that mare. Deal, Leo?"

Klockwerk looked the hippogriff in the eye.
Klockwerk
Klockwerk
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jury Rigged Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:06 am

Riggs decided that this had gone on long enough "hey Klock," he said poking his head through the doorway and looking at the hippogriff with confusion " that mare looks pretty bad off i think getting her to a doctor first, then you can ask this merc questions otherwise she wont be alive by the time you two settled your little discussion." he said with his eyes scanning the room "Jimmy, weve got about all the scrap in this building so lets go," he calls out and looks again at the hippogriff "tag along if youd like, otherwise good luck getting to any decent doctors without being attacked by ponies thinking your an enemy."

he pulled his head out of the doorway and began packing up some of the salvage into one of his saddlebags. his mind was racing, something didnt feel right about that mare and that merc, he didnt know what was wrong he just new there was more to it than what he could see.
Jury Rigged
Jury Rigged
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:31 am

Leo kept his eyes to meet the Ponies gaze. If this pony did know him, then he was either pretty decent with that hoof shoe or he was stupid. There were some who would avoid him like the plague if they saw him passing through. And yet this pony stood in front of him with the confidence of a care free colt. It wasn't until he claimed he had 'friends' with him that Leo saw where this confidence was likely coming from. Many times he'd seen confidence from those who believe in numbers, and it was those people who learned the hard why why numbers aren't everything.

He stepped forward, his paw cuffs clinking as he stepped. "Don't pretend to know me pony, you don't even know the half of it" he said in a low growl before he looked to one of the friends that this pony had been talking about. He raised a vital point in that he really didn't have the time to stand around, and that was one of the reasons why he wanted to break him in half with every second he spent acting a fool. He looked back over his shoulder at the Changeling and he furrowed his brow. The friend was right, getting to a doctor would be hard... well, to get there would actually be easy, but before she died... he wasn't entirely confident.

He considered his options before he looked back to the Earth pony in the door way, assuming him to be their leader. "Fine, but I have some terms. You stay where I can see you and make no moves to harm or separate us. And if any of you or your friends in Under market pull a weapon or make any moves I consider a threat, I wont be held responsible for what I'll do" he said, his tone deadly serious.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Klockwerk Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:56 am

Klockwerk didn't move, remaining still, almost looking as if he was in thought. After a few moments, he piped up.

"Clear as Crystal kid."

Klockwerk walked forwards out the building. Holding out his hoof in an exaggerated servile gesture, he waited for the Hippogriff to move.
Klockwerk
Klockwerk
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy E. Brakes Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:31 pm

Jimmy huffed to himself apart from the conversation as the two went at it like yammering broads. Back and forth they went, one to the other, on and on. Jimmy just wanted the to come to a conclusion already. Not like Jimmy was gonna get a word in sideways, not with two hot deals like them going on forever. He waited for a resolution to this kibbish, and watched as Jury got in on the action. Awww, c'moon, he wanted to yell. They were going on about some injured mare or somethin' like that, and wanted to take her to a hospital. Now, Jimmy wasn't new to mares in the least, but normally he avoided being around when they woke up in strange hospitals.

He heard them come to some sort of accord or somethin', and swore he heard Doc' Klock say somethin' about them escorting feathers and the mare to the hospital. Now, Jimmy was no stranger to givin' a hoof in need, but he had work to get to and side-trips weren't a thing he had time for. He silently fumed under his cool demeanor, resenting being volunteered for this rescue mission.

At any rate, he decided to leave the house. It was becoming too hot for him, and needed to cool off. Jimmy paced to the door, and opened it. "Well, I dunno what yall's talkin' about over there, but we need to vanish. Looks to me like the time to leave if we wanna avoid pryin' eyes."
Jimmy E. Brakes
Jimmy E. Brakes
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Reflected Failure Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:05 pm

The Griffons

The squad moved in formation over the sky, the six of them. After the prison outbreak most of the griffon had been sent on a retrieval mission with intent to kill if the 'package' resisted. It didn’t take long to follow the crash course. Stupid little white pegasis tried to give her friend time. It didn’t work.

As they rounded few cloud they came into view of the a earth pony standing in the outskirts of Manehatten. “We got a rat, lets see if it squeals.” The captain spoke back to his wing before they began to descend. It didn’t take long for them to land with a thud outside of the house. The captain first, followed by his two wing men, then the other three. Making a total of six griffons.

Most of them were just different shades of brown and white, typical griffons colors, the captain had been gifted with have a bit of grey in his tan coat. All dressed in standard armor. The captain buffed his chest slightly and moved forward to the earth pony. “You, we’re looking for a… Black coated mare. Rather small, looks strange.” He made a motion with his talon, sticking one claw in the air then moving his hand around in a circle for the others to surround the house, and they listened. “You wouldn’t happen to have… seen one, maybe?” He asked in a tone that said the word ‘no’ would be offensive and would start something.
Reflected Failure
Reflected Failure
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy E. Brakes Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:59 pm

The Innocuous Earth Pony

Jimmy felt the color wash from his face as the Griffins set down around. Caught with his hooves in his pockets, as the expression went. He wasn't the sort who normally dealt with Dusters, and usually when he did it was with an aloof sense of mutual disregard. But these guys meant trouble, not a doubt about it. What would Jimmy do? Jimmy had a general idea, and it involved a fundamental understanding of the fight or flight response.

In a scuffle, which this clusterfuck would be hereby known as (for decencies sake), you are told that the brain has two basic responses its inherently programmed with- fight or flight. Well, Jimmie's little head, it was spinning and it told him, 4, 5, 6 Dusters, full armor, now that ain't no fightin' matter, that's a dying matter. So, Jimmie's head got to working again, spinning as it where.

Now, were Jimmy to run, where would it get him- maybe ten, twenty feet before he was taken down? And what then? He would have two options, neither appetizing, and both involving shackles and dying or dying in shackles. Neither of these seemed very appetizing to the Earth ponies, so he tucked those ideas back where you hide your retarded kids and diabetic uncles. That part of his mind was well tended, as he constantly saw need to sweep thoughts in that direction.

Now, this would seem to leave you out on a limb, option wise- but Jimmy knew of an ancient practice, known by his kin for generations. It weren't no honorable act, or how'd you say, dignified-like; but it served the fight-or-flight-disinclined for as long as ponies have trotted around by their own volition. Jimmy saw this as an opportunity to practice this ability- well, not so much as practice; more like, his nerves being strung taught forced him to do it.

We are of course, referring to Tree Pangolins- er, no... We are of course referring to 'Gift of Gab".

"Nah, ain't seen nothin' like that," he said, shifting easily. "I heard a crash come from over in that building over there though- was just leavin' to check it out. Maybe yall's mare-friend is over there."
Jimmy E. Brakes
Jimmy E. Brakes
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Reflected Failure Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:08 am

The Griffons

The captain sneered at the stallion for a moment then drew his sword. Trouble was right. "Our ears aren't as sharp as your pony. That sounded a bit like... 'No' " He clacked his beak and took a step forward. "Sadly for you, my nose doesn't lie, But you do." With those words he swung at the earth pony ready to hit him with the broad side of the sword. The only other guard that could see his captain move.

The other four were moving around back. One who had gone up came through the hole in the dinning room ceiling before crashing into the old table that sat in it. (For this occasion he'll be '6') while another griffon who was still flanking the building was now moving to get to the back windows.

'3' and '4' were moving around the opposite side following where the scent of the changelings blood was the strongest. As they moved, 3 motioned for 4 to move up top and through the ceiling. 3 gave a quick nod and lifted off, while 4 was ready to move in to the recently shattered window.

(Jimmy Has engaged with 'Captain' and '2')
Reflected Failure
Reflected Failure
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:26 am

Leo had been watching and listening from the dark shadows of the doorway as the Earth Pony conversed with what seemed to be the Gryphon captain. His ear flickered as he strained to listen, picking up most of the conversation. Then there was, something else, like the soft sliding of metal. Leo steadied himself, he knew that sound and it was all too familiar. As his thoughts rallied to a conclusion he heard the dining room table smash behind him in the next room and set his jaw firm, his decision had just been made for him.

Leo curled his wings back around the Changeling mare, wrapping her up completely apart form her head which lay against his back. It was sort of like a sleeping bag made of wings. He made sure she was secure before he bolted from the doorway, using his powerful muscles as he leaped forward. He touched down in front of the Earth Pony and slammed his paw cuff into the sword of the captain, blocking it. His eye met the captains briefly before he exhaled and shoved the sword away. As fast as he'd deflected the blade he would follow through with a paw strike aimed towards his throat, not necessarily a killing move but if it landed right it should stagger him long enough for the Hippogriff to finish him off, then he could turn his attention to the others who no doubt would soon be involved.

As his paw struck his throat and staggered the creature, Leo advanced as he stepped forward, throwing all his power into a single strike as he slammed his paw towards the Captains beak. Should it land he would attempt to shatter the bone to stop him calling for the others and possibly even kill him if the beak broke back into his face deep enough.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Jury Rigged Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:27 am

Jury perked his ears up and could hear many different sets of wings. cursing under his breath as he hefted his bag onto his side to balance the harpoon launcher. He turned to Klock and was about to ask him something when a griffon crashed through a hole in the cieling amd landed on the kitchen table smashing it to pieces. Jury turned and aimed his harpoon point twords the newely arrived griffon. "Klock you get this one, i can hear more outside" he quickly turned to the nearest source of sound and waited for the next arrival to this little party that seems to be kicking off.
Jury Rigged
Jury Rigged
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Reflected Failure Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:31 am

The griffons

The griffon who had been moving to help the captain stopped short when he saw the massive hippogriff take him out without trying. His beak open with shock and eyes wide. He dropped his sword and took a step back as the captain fell with a thud. After staring at it then at the earth pony, then back at the thing almost as big as he was, he turned and fled off.

(Captain has been defeated. '2' Has fled.)

'3' was moving in through the window just as '4' landed down with a much gentler touch then his partner in the other room. It was here he found an earth pony with a spear in a tube. '3' let an eyebrow raise and '4' laughed. "What the hell is that supposed to be?" '3' asked sarcastically before bumping his partner in the ribs. "Listen we're just looking for a mare, we don't want to break your toy." Though he couldn't keep a straight face with the other griffon now no longer on his paws from how hard he was laughing.

'5' was just moving through the window when '6' had overheard the other earth ponies 'plan'. With the pop of his neck, he removed his sword. "Alright pony, let's see what you got." He said almost nostalgically as he pointed the blade the other. His partner '5' gave him an odd look before also pulling out his sword.
Reflected Failure
Reflected Failure
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jury Rigged Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:49 pm

Jury grinded his teeth at the laughter, nothing made him angrier than not being taken seriously. Jury quickly depressed the firing mechanism and watched the harpoon fly straight into the laughing griffons throat. "Oh what were laughing now, okay then" Jury let out his most sarcastic laugh he could manage before reaching into his tool pack for a new weapon for when the other griffon realized what just happened
"im not sure why we were laughing, because i didnt think anything was that funny." he said pulling out a screw-driver.
Jury Rigged
Jury Rigged
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Reflected Failure Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:46 am

'5' made a gaking noise as the arrow plunged into his neck and feel over. '6's laughs stopped short as he watched his partner roll around for a bit then suddenly go still. A growl emanated from the griffon as he lunged for the earth pony. "Don't get uppity short shit. I'll rip your ribs out beneath your fancy little cross bow." "As he growled out the words, his front talons sunk into the earht pony 'causing him to fall backwards into the main room behind Leo and Jimmy.

(Griffon 5 has choked on his joke, griffon 6 is enraged.)
Reflected Failure
Reflected Failure
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Klockwerk Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:47 pm

Klockwerk stayed quiet during the entire fiasco, waiting for the right moment to strike. Watching Jury impale the first griffon with his spear launcher, he almost laughed Jury's one liner at the end. Almost, as the griffons partner had just decided to get lethal on Jury.

Cracking his neck, Klockwerk quickly moved forward, and gave a jab with his shod hoof directly at the griffons exposed neck.
Klockwerk
Klockwerk
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy E. Brakes Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:10 pm

Jimmy saw all that was going- the griffin, er, Duster, er, actually Jimmy was unsure what it was. In fact, he had trouble interpreting the scenario as a whole. He had just been standing there, when *wham* the thing from inside the house completely destroyed the Griffin captain or whatever.

Jimmy didn't know much in the way's of war and peace, but he knew that when you knocked someone's block off, that their friends tended to be a bit touchy. The Griffin had taken off, presumably for help and more dusters. Jimmy generally abhorred this kind of thing, but a kid had to keep living, right?

Jimmy grabbed up his hammer by the tip of the handle, grasping it in his mouth via a cord on the end. He began to chase after the bird, leaving behind the unknown creatures and his friends in the building.

(((Jimmy is chasing number "2", and would like to intercept him if possible. Note Jimmies un-encumbrance and earth pony endurance, compared to the griffins weight of arms and armor, and relative exhaustive nature of flying.)))
Jimmy E. Brakes
Jimmy E. Brakes
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:25 am

Leo watched as the captain fell in a heap of blood and flesh before watching as one of the Earth Ponies chased after the other that fled from the seen. Seeing his chance Leo spread his wings and with a powerful flap, took to the sky as he headed deep into the clouds and away from the danger, his location, Winter Bell. He just hoped he could get there in time. The creature on his back, for some untold reason, drove him forward. That feeling of knowing and understanding... misplaced?... maybe, but first things first, he'd need to save her life.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Reflected Failure Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:33 am

(Leo FlameHeart and Reflected Failure Have fled from battle.)

He couldn't get away, he'd throw away his shield and his sword, even managed to get two flaps when the earth pony caught him and pulled him down causing him to land against the ground hard. With a grunt he turned over lashing his claws out for the earth pony his back paws trying to kick the new weight off of him.

(2 Has enguaged Jimmy)

'6' was furious, he reach a front talon back to grab his sword when suddenly he couldn't breath. The other earth pony had attacked him, he stumbled sideways onto his side cough forgetting about his sword. Damn that pony could hit hard.

'3' was just coming in when he saw the golden creature fly away, instead of dropping down with for he took off into the air, to give chase to the fleeing victim. Meanwhile '4' had watched the the earth pony knock his partner over onto his side, he pulled out his sword and prepared to move in to cut the pony, what he didn't account for was the glass on the floor, causing it to crunch and give away his position.

(3 is chasing Leo, 4 failed to be very very quiet.)
Reflected Failure
Reflected Failure
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Klockwerk Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Turning behind in a quick motion, Klockwerk sized up the "not so silent" predator. Rolling his right shoulder, he was still on his hindlegs.

"C'mon ya daft chicken, I don't got all day."
Klockwerk
Klockwerk
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content