MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heart and Mind [Closed] (Dated)

2 posters

Go down

Heart and Mind [Closed] (Dated) Empty Heart and Mind [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Forte Sun Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Nov 6, Year 4

Forte slowly paced through the dusty tunnels under the city known as the Undermarket, not having a hint of trouble moving through the caverns despite the dim light. Keeping her head at a downward angle, one would confuse her with a sad mare, but she just simply had no use for keeping her face forward. She kept a lookout all around her by shifting the focus of her scanning abilities, pausing ahead of her every so often to make sure head wasn't heading straight for another pony or some other obstacle.

A quiet yawn left the unicorn's mouth; it was a boring run-of-the-mill evening. She didn't care for too much excitement, but it would help to have the routine broken every so often.
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Medic and Psychiatrist

Back to top Go down

Heart and Mind [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: Heart and Mind [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Mercy Heart Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Mercy was training herself. She reached a brick wall on this intake problem and decided some fresh air would do her good; alright "fresh-er air". She figured trying to handle all the ponies out and about in the Undermarket would be good for her. Megabyte was still passed out and Steel was not leaving her side anytime soon, and Suture was there incase things went wrong.

Hmm, I think I should offer that one a position. I could use another Doctor around. Lets me work more on the Purifier.

She stopped at the occasional vendors looking over the stock. For being underground ponies, they always seemed to have interesting wares, either hoof made crafts or scavenged goods. It was getting later in the evening and less ponies were out and about. If this had been midday, she would have passed out by now. But she needed to get better at handling more ponies, especially now that she was in the Undermarket, pony central. The only place that would get you more ponies would be the slums called the East Residential District. She would rather die then ever go to that place.

She stopped at a vendor and pretended to be interested in the crafts.

In reality, she was beginning to become fatigued by the ponies around her. Cycling her magic from one to the next was the only thing she could do, otherwise it would branch out to everyone and prove too much.

Just like physical exercise, she was exercising.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Forte turned her senses to stay ahead of herself after turning a corner. Like a fireworks show, her mind's eye was suddenly lit up by the many auras of ponies, stands and items; she had entered the marketplace of the Undercity. She never bothered to buy anything beyond food, never had a use for it, but it was interesting to see what was for sale.

Stepping forward, she stopped in her tracks once something slightly out of the ordinary caught her eye. "Purple..." She said quietly to herself as she kept her attention on the outline of a unicorn. Unable to help herself, she was soon slowly moving towards this unicorn.

"Greetings." She said politely before turning to face the stand to avoid making the stressed pony nervous, keeping her senses secretly trained on her.
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:02 pm

Mercy did not notice the unicorn approach her.

"Greetings."

The simple word suprised her, making her jump slightly as she turned to see two big goggles with a teal pony behind them. "Oh, hello." Mercy smiled, obviously forced. She was not really trying to hide this fact, not that she could have done a good job even if she wanted to. Her magic fixed on this pony.

Hmm

Ears perked, she tilted her head slightly at the pony in front of her. This pony, there was something very different about her. Something the empath had never felt before. It was enough of a curiosity to make her forget that just a few seconds ago she was ready to collapse.

"Is there something you need?" That was not the correct response to a pony that says 'greetings', but she was used to ponies always needing her services.

Again, not a social butterfly at all.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:12 pm

Forte kept her 'gaze' down at the items for sale at the stand in front of her, watching and listening to her fellow unicorn intently. Taking a moment, she eventually spoke in reply to her. "There is something bothering you is there not? Hiding feelings or holding troubles inside can be rather unhealthy." She stated bluntly, voice low and monotone.

She wasn't the best at being subtle in the way she spoke, but she still loved trying to help those that needed it. Staying almost as still as a statue, her breathing was the only movement coming from her while she continued her investigation of this curious mare.
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:20 pm

Mercy stood there and blinked...

and blinked again...

In fact she just stood there for a few moments, mouth slightly open and blinked...a lot.

That had honestly never happened to her before. Not only was this pony very blunt about knowing she was not right, but this pony KNEW she was not right. Not many if any ponies have ever been able to see through her mask, especial within a few seconds of meeting.

"Um...uh, no I am quite alright thank you." Could this be another one? Another empath? This definitely took all of Mercy's focus. If this was, then maybe she knew how to control it, maybe even get rid of it. "Wh-Why do you ask?"
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Forte turned to face the mare to let her know she had her full attention, face staying cold and expressionless. The other mare was trying her best to hide her pain from her, but this didn't discourage her in the slightest. In fact, it only made her want to help this pony out more. She took another moment's pause, looking for the correct words to use.

"Let us merely state that I have a strong feeling, ma'am. And my feelings are never wrong." She replied simply, doing her best to reply without giving away any real information about her ability. Letting too many strangers know what you can do can be quite dangerous. "I would greatly enjoy the chance to cleanse you of these negative emotions if it were at all possible."
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Again...Mercy stood there speechless.

Was this really happening?

"Um, uh," she shook her head to gather her thoughts again. There was something, this pony, she could see, similar to the way she could. But how? "I um...well," She was not focusing on her babbling, her horn glowed softly as she began to focus the connection, looking for what made this pony different.

"I would greatly enjoy the chance to cleanse you of these negative emotions if it were at all possible."

Mercy stopped and closed her mouth, pulling her head back slightly. How could she do that so fast. They had just met and already she had Mercy zeroed. never had she been able to make a connection that fast with someone. "No really, I am quite alright." She moved her head closer to examine the pony...kinda awkwardly close. "How do you do that?" she tilted her head as she starred at her reflection in her goggles.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:47 pm

Another pause from Forte, this mare was fighting her attempts at helping her relieve whatever was causing her stress. Well, more kindly denying than an actual rejection like she had grown used to. Able to ignore the close quarters she suddenly found herself in.

"I assume you mean my ability to know there is something bothering you. Is that correct?" She asked, narrowing the focus of her senses to just that of the pony and the area directly around her to slow the spell's use of her energy. "I suppose there should not be a problem with letting my fellow pony know if you are truly as curious as you seem. I would rather not make any explanations around here, however."
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:09 pm

Mercy looked around; there were a few ponies out and about, most were closing up shop. "Well, I guess we can go back to the Clinic," She looked back to the unicorn. Yes there was something, this pony can see differently. Her spirit only wanted to help; it was a naive spirit, yet one that had seen a lot. "Remarkable," this pony had her full attention and curiosity. Finally, another like her.

She shook her head out of her gawking. "Here, come with me." She trotted to the back door of the Clinic. Opening the door, she proceeded into the prep room. She closed the door to the main foyer, seeing the Suture was once again passed out on a bed. That will have to wait, for now this pony was the important one.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:24 pm

Forte nodded silently to show her understanding of the destination, expanding the field of view of her sense outward to its usual levels before following along. "You are in a medical profession as well?" She asked simply, moving into the clinic after Mercy, she scanned the area around her to get a feel for where everything was.

"Your clinic has a quaint charm to it, miss... Oh, I am afraid I never got your name." She stated, focusing her sense back onto the unicorn. "To introduce myself, I am Forte Sun."
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:30 pm

"Mercy, Mercy Heart. And yes I guess you could say I am in the medical profession. I assume you are as well since you said, well, 'as well'."

So very eloquent.

"So how do you do it. How are you able to feel ponies feelings so quickly? How do you manage it without passing out?" She stepped up quickly and trotted around the unicorn, examining her. She stopped at the cutie mark. She stared at it, then looked at hers, then back at hers, then back at her own. "Holy pony feathers." She whispered out, her eyes wide open in shock and disbelief.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Forte didn't hear Mercy's comment on their cutie marks, simply following her around with her senses while staying still as a stone. "Well, you see dear Mercy, I have the ability to see the auras, or energy, around objects and living beings. Anything non-living is white, while living beings have a rainbow of colors that could possibly outline their form. The color tells me the physical or emotional state said being is in." She explained, her voice staying the in same cold, monotone state as before. "You were a light shade of purple, but now you have changed to blue. It says you are sad about something in your life, but you are more content now than you were outside. Do you not like crowds perhaps?"
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:25 pm

"Yeah, they're...bad," She was not paying any attention. Her entire focus was on her connection. This was remarkable, another pony, another empath. Finally Forte's words were heard. "Wait what?" Her description was completely different. Auras around ponies? Colors? This is so increadible she thought as she continued to circle the pony, like a filly would circle a birthday gift.

Her ears flicked. She stopped in her tracks. Something was off, something big. A physical defect. Mercy turned to the unicorn, "Is...uh...you..." she could not formulate any cohesive thought. Too much attention on the connection between them. There was something very different, beyond the magic.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:36 pm

Forte continued to keep her senses on Mercy while she circled, pausing the movement once she stopped her circling and stared at her. "I suppose my abilities can be slightly confusing to those who are unable to see what I can." She replied simply. "It is a little like seeing their feelings, rather than sensing them. If that makes any more sense than my previous explanation."

Her fellow unicorn spoke up again, seeming to be stuck on finding the word she wanted to say. "Yes? What is it that is bothering you, friend?" She asked curiously. "Do you need any more details about myself?"
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:45 pm

Mercy had to let go of her logic, let her fully embrace this mare. This is a dangerous act, only been done by her a few times. But she needed to know, NEEDED to know. Her horn glowed brightly as she closed her eyes. Fully emptying her mind and body. Her horn sparked occasionally as her face twitched.

This unicorn: a life of selflessness, a horrid act, a tragic story. Everything flew through her mind quickly. She was only able to pick out small fragments:

A clear night,

a griffon looking at her,

fear,

pain,

horrific pain in the eyes.

Mercy opened her mouth to scream but nothing came out.

She collapsed on the floor, covering her eyes with her hoofs.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:55 pm

Forte simply stood in her place while keeping her mind's eye on Mercy, unable to see anything she was doing other than the white around her horn signalling magic being used. The outline in front of her began to move once more, unable to see Mercy's horrified expression. She took a step back as the mare fell down to the floor, quickly acting soon after and laying on the floor.

"Are you alright, Miss Mercy? You don't seem well." She stated, gently placing a hoof on Mercy's shoulder. "What has happened to put you into a state such as this?"
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:00 am

Mercy did not move as the connection died down. She was breathing shallow breaths, like someone who was frightened, very frightened. This is why it was dangerous; with the spell, you never know what will happen, or what you will experience. She slowly took her hoof off of her eyes. "Th-th-" she stopped and took a deep breath, her whole body shaking. "Wha-what happened to you?" This was the only thing she could say before covering her eyes again. The memory of the pain lingered, yet it was only a piece of what she had gone through. How could she be so calm? How could she still want to help ponies? How?
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:15 am

Forte tilted her head to the side slightly, the action being the only sign of her confusion on her being. This mare had somehow found out something about her, possibly the magic she had sensed earlier. After a few moments of contemplating, she put the pieces together. The reaction could mean one thing. She had found out the one true secret she held.

"Well... I was punished for a crime I did not commit. And that punishment..." She said quietly, taking a deep breath as she slowly lifted the flight goggles up to her forehead to reveal what she wanted no one to see: two empty eye sockets, completely devoid of the organs meant to rest inside, violent scars surrounding the two holes in the pony's head from where her eyelids had been and skin had once been torn off from her body. "...This..."
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 am

Mercy took one look. The memory of the pain making the nerves fire around her eyes. She quickly covered them again with her hoofs, tears pouring in between them. "I...thi...yo..." She quivered on the floor. Her eyes still reeling in the phantom pain.

After a few moments it passes, and she was able to find her composure again. "Yeah, never doing that again." She said the same thing last time.

She got on her hooves and faced the mare. The empty holes locked her in a gaze. She starred into them. Eeyup, that is certainly what happened.

"Well, um...I don't uh..." She did not stop looking at where her eyes should be.

After babbling slightly, she realized something; this mare was just as blunt as she was. In fact more so. More stoic sure and less babbly.

"I-I am sorry." She was finally able to find the right words. When normal ponies say in situations like these.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:34 am

Forte slowly reached up with a hoof and pulled her goggles back down over the empty sockets to save Mercy from having to see them for longer than she had to. "It is perfectly alright my dear. Curiosity is an urge that is meant to be satiated. An important one at that. It is what helps us learn." She replied plainly, even the memories of what had happened to her not enough to break her expression.

"As you should be able to deduce, I can no longer see in the same way as those around me. Instead, I use my ability to act as my new sense of sight." She stated.
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:07 pm

"That...was terrible." She breathed a couple times to get her barrings again. It was crazy that she did not seem more affected by it. Although maybe she was affected; the stoic demeanor could be her defense or coping mechanism.

"Well, I am sorry about that. I tend to just into things I really shouldn't." She awkwardly laughed as she finished her statement. She trotted over to the other side of the prep table. "I am sure that you're good at...whatever it is you do. But I don't need any personal help." She pretended to do things by rearranging the sterile instruments on the tray, then levitating back and forth.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Forte nodded slightly as she kept her senses trained on Mercy. "Indeed it was. However, I have learned to move past that unfortunate moment in time and learned from it. A mistake is never truly negative if you can come away from it knowing more than you did before it."

Nodding her head slightly, she eventually turned her senses away from Mercy to spy the doorway, turning to face it. "Have a good evening then, Miss Mercy. If you ever need a psychiatrist or medical assistant for any reason, don't hesitate in finding me. I am usually down here in these tunnels somewhere." She stated simply, taking a few steps towards the exit.
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:01 pm

"Wait!" Mercy snapped at her, rather rudely. She trotted up to her, "Do you...have anywhere to stay?" This was awkwardly sincere. Most of the time, she was eager to get ponies away, but this one...was...different. A connection, not just to her, but from her. "If you need a place or a job or anything," again, it was awkwardly sincere. It was obvious Mercy was uncomfortable.

She would look down occasionally waiting for her answer, even though she never finished her thought. More awkwardness
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:09 pm

Forte turned her senses back to Mercy once her voice echoed through the open room. "No, I cannot say I do have a true space to call home." She replied in her usual tone, her plain expression hiding her feelings of slight awkwardness from how forward Mercy was being to her.

Turning towards Mercy to be a bit more polite, she lightly bowed her head. "A place of occupation would be quite satisfactory." She stated simply. "I can take almost any position you need of me in exchange for a room. No bits are necessary."
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:20 pm

"Excellent," she was very excited about this. "Well, right now I have a patient recovering for a few days, come back in a few days and the room should be open. You can have that one." She smiled.

A real smile.
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Forte nodded her head slightly to show her understanding, face remaining unchanged due to not being able to see the smile she had put on her new work partner's face. "I will do my best to not disappoint you, Miss Mercy." She replied simply, pausing in place for a moment before turning towards the door once again. "Goodbye for now. I will see you once more soon."
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:10 pm

"Right-Great." She was truly excited. She watched the unicorn as she left. Once the door shut, she let out a sigh of relief as her flank hit the floor. "Well, that was unexpected." She put a hoof to her temple, rubbing to rid herself of the headache. As she did, her hoof touched near her eye. She stopped, her eyes widening as she remembered the pain. "That was crazy, this whole things is crazy. Oh well, at least I am getting more help. Maybe now I can work on the purifier without all these crazy ponies bothering me all the time. Although that one," She looked longingly at the door, "That one is different."

Suddenly she felt a presence in the room. Turning sharply, it was her assistant standing in the doorway, looking confusingly at her. "What?" She snapped, getting back on her feet.

"No." she said again shaking her head.

"Oh like you never talk to yourself." She continued speaking.

"Oh geese, get over it. C'mon, we got more work to do." She trotted past him and up the stairs.

I wonder if she will be alright
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down