MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Stellar Guide

2 posters

Go down

A Stellar Guide Empty A Stellar Guide

Post by Ida Fjölnir Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:30 pm

Timeline:28.10 midday-afternoon

"Stellar! Stellar! Where are you?" Ida yells through the house as she enters the hallway. "What do you want, Miss Fjölnir?" Stellar said as she walks up the basement stairs. "I have a new project for you Stellar. Today I bumped into a very interesting unicorn. She wore a talisman under her scarf. I think she could be helpful in our research with the artifacts." Ida said with an excited voice. Stellar just blinks at her "How so?". Ida sighs "It's something you still don't have.Scientific intuition. Anyways here" she gives Stellar a piece of paper. "I have written down how she looks like and you'll search her now. You should mark her house or store or whatever she has on the map" Stellar grabs the note and sighs "As you wish, Miss Fjölnir."
Stellar leaves the house into the street. After a while she reaches the park. "Uff...I've been out here now for hours. I doubt it that I'll find her today." She trots around the park looking out for the pony.

Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

A Stellar Guide Empty Re: A Stellar Guide

Post by Silvern Gleam Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:38 pm

In the park, Stellar would finally be lucky. Silvern Gleam, the unicorn she was looking for, was hardly able to appreciate the look of her environment, the silver opacity of her eyes was a dead giveaway of her blindness, but she still enjoyed lying on the grass and letting the sunlight warm her, and often could be found here. She had been here for almost two hours now, at least that was Sil's estimation, seemingly doing nothing but lying around, though a faint glow around her horn might be seen if somebody came near enough without her noticing, which was quite possible. In fact, she had been busy writing. In the saddlebags next to here was, among other things, a small gem stone which shared the glow of her horn, her "notepad". Not being able to read or write the typical way, but surely grasping the concept of letters, she had come up with the idea to use magical signatures to represent them, already years ago. Those signatures were tiny, too small for anypony else to sense, or at least she knew of nopony else who could do it. After writing down some last ideas for enchantment modifications, she stood up and stretched herself, then levitated her saddlebags on her back and began her way home.

The description Stellar's boss had given was more than enough to identify Silvern. A unicorn mare with yellow coat, a moderately short, purple mane with a red headband, a longer tail of the same color, and a white scarf. That probably would have been enough, and even if not, completely silver eyes were certainly uncommon. Sil knew that and usually tried to keep a low profile, not to draw any unnecessary attention on her, as far as this was possible. And so, despite of her large knowledge of her environment, she acted mostly as was expected of a blind pony: She reacted mostly to sound and touch, deliberately almost bumping into obstacles she had sensed in time to avoid them, as she walked towards the main street and from there towards the industrial district.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Artifact Merchant

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:41 pm

Stellar trots around the park and suddenly notices a mare, who looks like the pony she's looking for. She looks at her note and back to the mare "Yellow coat, purple hair with a red headband and a white scarf. I think I found her. Now what was the plan again?...Oh yeah, follow her and mark her store on the map." Stellar starts to follow Silver Gleam in a distance. "Even if she's blind she could use some kind of visual spell." It isn't really hard for her to follow Silver Gleam as she doesn't run or try to lose her. Stellar memorise every street sign they pass, so she can find the spot on the map again.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:27 pm

As Sil walked along the main street, she activated the amulet hidden by her scarf every few minutes, though never for more than two seconds. It sent out waves of magic, temporarily amplifying all magical signatures around her. "Flashing" her environment like this, as she called it, enabled her to sense signatures of living beings, as well as non-magical objects over a much greater distance than usual, though the grade of detail over those distances was definitely lacking. Still, it was enough to identify possible followers, which was the whole reason why she did it. She didn't want to accidently lead somebody to her shop, or to an entrance to the Undermarket, for that matter. For a while, she didn't find anything that raised her suspicion. That only changed when she was nearing the industrial district and hardly anybody was around anymore, then the signature of this unicorn began to stand out, simply by not disappearing as Sil moved. She couldn't constantly power her amulet, she would have been out of power in under half a minute, probably more like ten seconds now. She had already reduced the length of the flashes and was purely focusing on that one unicorn.

Sil continued walking casually, but instead of going to her usual entrance to the Undermarket, she turned into the other direction after entering the industrial district and entered a side alley. The large distance between the two ponies caused Sil to disappear out of sight at first, and she knew that. The mare started to run, and took the next turn again, hiding there directly behind the corner. After a short time she allowed herself another flash to be sure her pursuer was taking the same way, then only scanned said way within her standard range, waiting patiently to jump out at the right moment and catch that other unicorn by surprise.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:20 pm

Stellar followed Silvern Gleam in a distances until Gleam suddenly turns into a side alley and Stellar loses her out of sight. "Shoot!" she mumbles and starts to run to catch up with the pony. She turns into the alley, but still can't see the mare "Darn!" she mumbles now a bit louder. "I need to find her again or Miss Fjölnir won't be pleased" Stellar thinks as she walks torwards the corner. She doesn't pay much attention to the corner as she looks behind dumpsters and carboards, which are all over the place and good places to hide.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:29 pm

For a moment Sil considered to simply disappear. Nice and easy, but unfortunately it wouldn't solve the root of the problem. And that would be that somepony was searching for her in the first place. Now Sil had the advantage, she had turned around the roles and now was the one watching, something she couldn't be sure would happen again if she didn't use this chance. And so she did. The other unicorn walked past her, without noticing the yellow mare, a grave mistake. Sil moved out, sweeping the unknown follower's legs away to make her fall. If it weren't for surprise, Sil never would have attempted something like that, but it was easy against an unsuspecting opponent. Why are you following me, she asked standing above the fallen pony, horn aglow as advise to give a good answer.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:45 pm

Stellar is totally suprised by the attack and she feels how her face meets the ground. She shakes her head and looks at the yellow mare. With slight panic as she sees the glowing horn she stumbles "O-okay,okay. It's true. I was following you. But just because somepony said to me that you sell artifacts and well...I'm interested in buying them."
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:48 am

Somebody had told her what Sil was trading with? It wasn't forbidden for her customers to tell others, but they've all been told to be there at the first meeting, so that Sil would know which path the knowledge had taken. Or if this wasn't possible, the new customer should have been told to immediately inform Sil about who the knowledge came from. Either this one here forgot to say in surprise, or she gained knowledge in a way the yellow mare wouldn't like. She could only guess, and decided to play it safe.

Sil raised an eyebrow, looking at the other mare somewhat amused. I don't know who told you that, but you've been fooled, she said, not dropping her guard. Though now I'm really wondering why somebody would tell you something like that. Do I know him?
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Stellar isn't really sure what she should say now. She can't just say she got the informations from Miss Fjölnir.It would bust the whole operation. She gulps still scared by the glowing horn before she starts to talk. "Uhm.. a stallion with a black coat and a red mane told me that. You should know him." Stellar hopes the unicorn won't notice her lying. She wasn't the best in it, but it's the only thing she could do right now.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Black stallion with red mane? That was pretty useless information for Sil, she didn't even have a concept of black and red, she wouldn't know about of what color something was unless somebody told her, and she usually wasn't very interested. She had stallions among her customers, so from the information alone the statement could have been true.

Though it was possible for Sil to "see" facial expressions, she hardly bothered with that. It required her to set her full focus on the face alone, and even then it was somewhat complicated, something she hardly bothered with. She didn't bother now, it wasn't necessary: The tone of the other unicorns voice, how little she had actually said - not even a name while Sil apparently was supposed to know that stallion - it was bound to be a lie.

That meant information about her had reached unwanted ears. She had to find out who was behind this, and she knew perfectly well how she would do that. Not taking her eyes of the other mare - though it didn't have any use for Sil - she let her focus wander around, but didn't flash again. There hadn't been anything just short time ago, that probably wouldn't be different now. Finally she stepped back and allowed the unknown unicorn to stand up.
We shouldn't talk outside, Sil said sternly and pointed with her finally not glowing horn towards the door of the building behind which's corner she had hidden. Once inside she would direct the other mare into the basement, relatively safe from foreign ears and eyes.
Should you meet Scolder again, tell him that I'll live up to his name when he ever gives out information without my knowledge again, she said, her anger not really faked. The emotion was there, though the pony it was supposed to be targeted at was made up. What do you need?

Last edited by Silvern Gleam on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:52 pm

Stellar sighs of reliefe as she horn stops glowing. She nods "Yeah, I think it would be better to talk somewhere else."she says. Stellar is wondering that Silvern Gleam didn't noticed her lying. Or did she? And now she'll lead her into a trap? Stellar isn't sure anymore, if this is a good plan. "But I can't disappoint Miss Fjölnir. We need some other artifacts for our research." she thinks. Stellar nods. "Well, what do you have? Personally need I some medical artifacts, but maybe you have some other artifacts that could interest me,too. And don't worry money isn't a problem" she says. Infact it isn't a problem, because the griffon army pays the researches well , at least Ida Fjölnir since she has well-known parents.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:40 pm

(( I almost regretted staying up this late, but finally something happens that justifies it! Thanks^^ ))

During the relatively short way through the building, Sil had once again acted like a blind pony, her front hooves reaching out a bit farther than usual before being pulled back to normal step length to feel possible obstacles, and near the stairs she was careful with putting her hooves on the ground, for the ground might not be there. She let the other unicorn walk before her, so most of the act would probably be unnoticed, but it simply was something Sil had trained herself to do in the presence of strangers.

Telling you about everything I have would take too long, and I won't be able to make useful suggestions without knowing anything about you, she gave her standard answer for strangers asking about what she had to offer. It wasn't really a lie, she had quite a number of items in her storage, but most of them weren't really interesting. After a moment of consideration if she really wanted to do this, she continued. She wouldn't sell right now, but she wanted to keep the interest alive. I have some items with healing spells I could show you. Of course, while not knowing anything about you, I also won't let you anywhere near my shop, but here's a suggestion: We'll meet again tomorrow at 3 pm, right here, I'll have a selection with me then. Is that okay with you?
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:23 am

Stellar nods as she walks in front of Silvern Gleam and says "I can understand that. You have to be careful these days." But Stellar has to be careful,too. She doesn't know the mare. She could just meet a very clever bandit. Stellar shakes her head "No,no, Stellar. You have to trust this pony. We really need some different artifacts for our research and this would be the easiest way....I hope" she thinks before she replies to Silvern Gleam's question. "3 PM? That should work. I'll be here."
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:55 am

Sil nodded and considered asking for some information, but came to the conclusion that it would lead to nothing. If she got any answers, those answers still didn't need to be the truth, it was better to find out on her own. So she simply began her way outside again.
You better don't try to follow me again, she said as she walked up the stairs. I mistrust you enough as it is now, you wouldn't like it if I get even more suspicious.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:08 pm

"I'm really sorry, if I caused any trouble and I promise I won't follow you anymore" she says as she walks back to the exit "I see you tomorrow."
Stellar leaves the building and walks back to the Main Street. "I hope Miss Fjölnir will be pleased with my results."
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:51 am

That had worked quite well, now to the second part of the plan. Which would probably fail due to lack of magic. As so often Sil cursed her low power reserves as she quickly made her way to the nearest possible entrance to the Undermarket. Before really approaching it she unfortunately had to flash again, there was more at stake than her own security when being careless at this point, but at least she couldn't sense anybody nearby. Once in the tunnels, she made her way below Main Street, hoping that she would be able to find that mare again. The chances weren't very high, mental fatigue already took its toll, with the magic she had left she guessed she would have at most five seconds of powering her amulet. The other unicorn hadn't appeared to be in haste as they parted, but so had Sil, only when out of sight she had sped up. There was some advance to catch up on, and so the yellow mare continued along the tunnel below main street without flashing. If this really was the right way she didn't know, it was only an educated guess based on where they had come from and in which direction the other pony had left, and when Sil tried for the first time, a two second flash since she had to search, she didn't find her target. She began to feel tired and a little dizzy now, her horn didn't respond as well anymore, she could do it only once more before she had to give up. Come on, be there, she muttered as she tried again after galloping another distance. Physical exhaustion didn't matter much now, if she didn't find who she was looking for now, she would have to cancel the search anyway. But, she was lucky...
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:26 pm

Stellar trots down the Main Street as she looks up to the sun. "Shoot! Already that late? I need to hurry!" she thinks and speeds up. Now she runs along the Main Street and after a while Stellar turns into a other street, which leads to the western district of Manehattan. From here it is another five minute rush to Ida Fjölnir's house. Ida sits in the living room and reads a book as Stellar knocks at the door.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:18 pm

Gotcha, Sil exclaimed, sure of victory. Unfortunately, the luck didn't hold for long. After a short time Stellar sped up, before Sil had recovered from all the running she had have to do only to find Stellar again. The blind unicorn already struggled in keeping up with her target, but eventually it wasn't physical exhaustion that ended the chase: Her focus hadn't been on where she was running, at least not enough of it, and so she eventually missed a simple piece of a debris. She lost the ground, and shortly after found it again with her jaw painfully hitting it. She tasted blood, but noticed that it was only her lip as she got up again, groaning from the pain. For a moment she shoved the thoughts about this accident away, only to realize that she wouldn't have any chance now. Her magic definitely depleted, she would have no way of finding Stellar again, and so Sil wiped the blood from her mouth and began her walk home, anger written on her face.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:37 pm

Ida opens the door. "Oh, it's you. And did it work?" she asks. "Well, more or less. I couldn't mark the shop on the map, but we have another meeting tomorrow at 3 pm." Stellar says as she enters the hall. "That's good, Stellar. I hope we can get some other artifacts from her."
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:55 am

(( Continued in You have a deal! ))
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac