MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing of the Guard (Dated)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Changing of the Guard (Dated) Empty Changing of the Guard (Dated)

Post by Commander Feliks Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:12 am

Nov 12, Year 4

The doors to Feliks' office burst open as the two Valkyrie assumed their posts on both sides of the rather large office. Feliks entered, not smiling. he was looking to the ground and went straight for his desk. He did not look to Kroll or Aella, instead opening a drawer and pulling out a key. Walking over to a close cabinet he unlocked and opened the two mahogany doors. Lined inside was all manner of alcohol, spirits, liquor, and wine, some in clear glass bottles, some in ceramic jugs, and some in gem boxes. Really it was quite a collection.

Without hesitating he reached for the top shelf, grabbing a clear bottle with an amber liquid inside. Opening it he pour himself a drink, and in one gulp, downed all of it; a sigh signalling that the liquid had a bite to it. The next cup he savored, taking it with him to his desk. Sitting down, he finally acknowledged the two in his office.

"Kroll, or should I say Captain, did you get the tailor to take your measurements? I want you looking sharp when you report in tomorrow." He took a sip from his cup. "Aella, dear, please pour the Captain here a drink. Use the burgundy label on the third shelf (there were five shelves in total) I am sure he will love it." He took another sip, "Mhm, and while you are at it, go ahead and pour yourself one too dear." With a sigh, he smiled and leaned forward on his desk.
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Changing of the Guard (Dated) Empty Re: Changing of the Guard (Dated)

Post by Kroll Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:39 am

Kroll snapped to attention as Commander Felkis burst into his office. He stepped out of the way of the Valkyries, having no desires whatsoever to impede them. He gave Aella a fleeting glance before resuming his attention to Felkis, watching him open up the large cabinet of assorted alcohols. Given the stress that comes with the position, Kroll couldn't blame the Commander for having such vast amount.
Upon the Commander inquiring about his meet with the tailor, Kroll coughed a little before responding. "No sir, I haven't. I felt that meeting with you was priority one; that's why I came here shortly after your dismissal, sir..." He paused. "Forgive me sir, but who is the tailor exactly?"
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession: Captain of the Guard
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:12 pm

Aella flinched as the door burst open, then quickly took up the subservient posture taught to her, sitting with her head bowed and looking directly at the ground before her. She listened carefully to her owner, and bowed when she was ordered to get a drink for Kroll.

'Yes Master'

She stood and walked over to the cabinet. Selecting the Burgundy, she carefully poured a measure of the spirit into a tumbler and placed it before the grey tercel.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Feliks Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:39 pm

"What he was not here?" Feliks put his drink down, "Hmm, must have gone home early. I will have a talk with him. Tomorrow morning we will have you fitted. In any case, I am sorry to have to give you your assignment right now, but my city never rests. Later we will hold the proper ceremony and give you time to adjust, but there is a pressing matter. Of course you know that Zweihander escaped, for multiple reasons," he looked out the window behind him, letting that last part trail off. "I want you to keep the pony Freyia under guard, and when she is able to walk, I want you to present her to me here." He took his drink and looked back to Kroll.
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:14 pm

Kroll's brow furrowed slightly. He remembered his little adventure with Zweihander, and how badly it had ended. He nodded quickly. "Absolutely, sir. She'll be safe as houses 'til she's good to go."

As far as Kroll knew, Felkis wanted to keep Freyia safe from any further harm that could come to her, and he was going to make sure that he wouldn't fail the commander this time.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:19 am

Aella returned to her previous position, head bowed and listening for the orders of her owner. She found herself shaking slightly with fear and prayed silently that Feliks would not notice.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Feliks Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:00 pm

"Good, I know you will not let me down," he took another sip of his drink. Glancing at Aella, he could tell something was wrong.

"Aella, dear, what has gotten you so shaken up?" That same sly smile crept on his face. "Something you wish to say?"
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Aella froze, staring fixedly at the ground before her.

'N-no master. I am fine master'
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Feliks Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:37 pm

"Then calm down sweetheart." He finished off his drink and held the glass up to her, shaking it from side to side, "Why not get me another drink? The same as I was having." He set down the glass and looked back to Kroll.

"There is another thing I would like from you...your thought on those griffons in the meeting. Tell me what you think of them." He leaned back in his chair to relax more and folded his arms. His eyes were studying his new Captain, assessing his potential. While Ragnar was good, Feliks knew that there was probably another reason for his "help". Maybe Kroll would be more subversive to him.
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:44 am

Kroll thought for a moment, flicking through his memory like a Rolodex, trying to remember any of the griffons that stood out in the meeting. "Well sir, Seeing as how you personally invited each and every one of them here tonight, I would like to believe that you picked them with good reason." He paused, giving Aella a quick look of reassurance.

"Now, as for what I think of them.." Kroll furrows his brow. "The ones that agreed to serve you seem like a good mix from all walks. The blue one, Chillfeathers is a novelist as I recall, better with his words than his claws; a definite must when attempting peace. The red one, the scientist, Flj...Fluj..." Kroll furrows his brow again, seeming to be incapable of recalling how to pronounce Ida's last name. He shakes his head, moving on. "Also a premium choice. Very dedicated to her work. Writes well too. But I would advise you to keep her and Chillfeathers at a distance from each other, lest they forget their duty is to you, not their hearts..." Kroll trails off for a moment, his eyes unfocusing into a thousand-yard stare for a moment. After nearly a minute of silence, Kroll blinks and shakes his head, catching himself in his error.

"Let's see...the medic, Shriekwind...heart's in the right place most definitely, very good at his job. His morals could be a hindrance, but only to himself." Kroll looks over at Aella again, smiling this time. He gestures in her direction as he continues. "As for the griffoness beside you, sir, I have good reason to believe that if she is as fierce I am to believe she can be, you should lucky to have her as an asset."

"As for the other griffoness...I've never met her before, but she seemed headstrong...perhaps a little to much so. At the same time, she seems like if you catch her eye, she'll stand by you."

Kroll does some sort of half-shrug. "And assuming that our shadowy friend will not be a part of your little menagerie, I have nothing to say on him."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Feliks Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:31 pm

Feliks smiled and made a gesture as if laughing for one second, "Good, that is what I got too. I want you to keep tabs on all of them please. When they start on their assignments I want you..." he turned to Aella, "...and you, to keep track of what they are doing. Do not intervene with their jobs, just observe and report to me please." He looked back to Kroll, "I want you to take Aella with you. I want her to learn what a soldiers job is. Act as if she is just another troop please." He eyes Aella, "Is that alright with you?" a less than nice smile crept on his face.
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:18 pm

Aella returned the filled glass to the desk before Feliks and bowed.

'I will do as you will Master'
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:08 am

Kroll nods. "As shall I, sir." He looks at Aella for a second, as if assessing her. "Sir, if I may query, if Aella is to truly understand the role and duties of a soldier, would it be fair to propose that she be issued a rank as well? Might I be so bold as to propose Private, if not PFC? After a personal skill assessment, of course."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Feliks Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:23 am

"What? No, of course not. She would as much deserve the rank of Private as that pony in the hospital. No, there is no need to rank her. She will follow and do as she is told, like she is bred to do. Isn't that right Aella?" he looked to her for positive feedback. "They are bred to follow, is in their nature. To be subservient to us Kroll, same with the ponies. The minute we start showing them the other side. Giving them ranks and rights, the minute they forget that. And that is when you get rebellion on your hands. You don't want that do you, Captain?" He then looked to Kroll, also looking for positive feedback.
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:21 am

Kroll tries to dance around the question with as much grace as he can manage, replying to Felkis' question in a starched, formal manner. "I was only asking for clarification of the nature of our pairing, sir. Nothing more. You asked me to treat her like she was just another soldier, and that is exactly what I intend to do."

He clears his throat, trying to shift gears in the conversation before things got sour. "Speaking of clarification, do you wish for me to go to the hospital once we are done here, or would it be best to get to know Aella first before bringing her along with me?"
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:15 pm

Aella bowed her head.

'My Master is correct. I was born to... obey. To serve my owners in any way that they see fit'

Aella did not like being here, with her owner. She could feel a lifetime of indoctrination clamping down on her every thought. The Master came first. The Masters will is your only concern. You are nothing without your Master. She could barely think beyond Feliks' orders, the fragile shred of free will washed away by the will of her owner.

She shifted uncomfortably. She wanted to be as far from him as quickly as possible.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Feliks Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:53 am

Looking at Aella, Feliks nodded his orange-feathered head.

"Fetch me my records from my quarters, my dear. We need to mark down exactly what has transpired-" he looked at the grim captain now, with a benevolent smile. "-between the good Captain and I."
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:02 pm

Aella bowed to her master and hastened from the room towards Feliks' quaters, glad to be away from the orange tercel.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:32 am

Kroll watched Aella leave Felkis' office before directing his attention back to Felkis. Though it wouldn't be accurate to say Kroll didn't like Felkis, it would be fair to say that he didn't like being in the same room as the commander. All the same, it would be something he would have to get used to.
Straightening out and forcing a polite smile, Kroll felt that this conversation would be like pulling feathers. "Of course, sir. What would you like to know?"
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Feliks Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:32 pm

Eyes hardened, Feliks' demeanour took that of a bird of prey; cold and calculating. Clearing his throat, he began speaking in a subdued conspiratorial tone.

"What you just were ordered to do was the 'official' mission. In reality, your orders are to gut that traitor like a fish. Take one-" he held a talon up to accentuate the number. "-one of your most trusted griffons with you as backup. Afterwards, we'll get rid of... any loose ends."
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:53 pm

Kroll's face was plastered with a look of frightened disbelief as he quietly mouthed Felkis' command. Looking at the Valkyries for a quick moment, Kroll leaned in towards Felkis, talking in a concerned whisper.

"You...you're not talking about Freyia, are you, sir? I...acknowledge your distaste for Equestrians, yes, but Freyia...she's been loyal to the Kingdoms for as long as I can remember! She would perish the thought of doing such a thing..."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:17 am

Aella hurried to Feliks' quaters, dodging guards and officers. She grabbed the paperwork from his desk and ran back, stopping outside the doors. She listened carefully, not wanting to walk in at the wrong time.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Feliks Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:35 pm

Feliks shook his head slowly, and moved to his desk.

"Tell me, Captain, what was Zweihander guilty of...?

He began slowly notching a line in the wooden desk with his claw while he prepared his next thought.

"He was guilty of high treason in the form of a 'cult' that became a threat to our... beloved Tsar. Now: what if I was to tell you that Freyia was involved with said cult?"
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:12 pm

Kroll sighed quietly. He could see where the commander was going with this. "If she was, involved in such a thing, then yes, execution would most certainly be called for...but Freyia's as loyal as the come, sir. She wouldn't dare do something like that...!"
Even as confident as Kroll was in his claim, he did have an inkling of doubt; why would the commander order Freyia to capture Zweihander in addition to hiring him? It didn't add up, and as much as he hated to admit it, Kroll could see some merit in Felkis' words. All the same, he kept this doubt to himself, curious to seen how his gamble would pan out.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Feliks Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:22 pm

Sheafing through the papers on his desk, Feliks produced a brown envelope. This was Kroll's formal collection of the events that transpired. Time to see if Kroll was loyal to Feliks.

Looking at it with feigned curiosity, the orange griffon looked at his captain coolly.

"Now, I read your formal report. Quite interesting... however, I think you should tell me in person, Captain, what transpired, if you would so kindly do so? I won't hold it against you if you decide not." His smile told Kroll that the Captain was being judged this day... and the verdict had the possibility of being most unpleasant for at least one being.
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:20 pm

Kroll tightened a little at the commander's request. He wasn't quite sure
why Felkis would want him to retell the whole story of the failed mission to
capture Zweihander, seeing as he had detailed the whole thing in his report.
But judging by the smile on the commander's face, Kroll knew that there was
really no other choice than but to comply.

"The operation started in the afternoon, just about. Me and the talon
squad were in position when Zweihander came down the street with two
Equestirans. I gave the signal, and we sprung the ambush. The Zweihander's
associates fled, but we kept our focus on him. I asked him to surrender, and he
took off down one of the alleyways. We gave chase, and that's when the first
casualty happened. As we were headed into the alleyway, a marksman killed one
of the squadmembers. I went back to retrieve his body, and we went further into
the alleys.

As we rounded a corner, we ran into a pegasus who deployed some kind of
a flashbang, temporarily blinding all of us. When my vision returned, the
pegasus was still there. I had some of the squad scout ahead while the rest
moved into a nearby building, then I subdued the mare before bringing her
inside for questioning. If she knew anything, she didn't let up. Cut her loose
after one of the scouts from earlier came back with a sighting of the target
further down ahead. Had the squad form up, and we got back on track, heading up
to the rooftops for a better view. That's when the second casualty happened.
Marksman again. We pressed on, and eventually rallied up at an old café that
was across from where we believed Zweihander was hiding, an old hotel of some
kind.

After we formed a plan of attack, we moved in on the building. At
this point, the sun had started to set, and there were only five of the
original eight squad members left. I had two stay outside, while myself and the
other three went in. We found him, and then...three more casualties. I have no
idea how it happened or who did it, but I got the target out of that building
regardless. He took a swing at me with his sword, and I shot him in the
shoulder with my crossbow. After a brief struggle, I had him on the
ground...that's when Freyia arrived. The remaining two guerrillas attacked her
on sight, and she killed them. She told me she had been ordered to bring
Zweihander…alone. I left Zweihander in her custody, and she led him off. I went
to go retrieve the bodies of my squadmates shortly thereafter.

Later that night, I saw another pegasus, this one was carrying a severely
wounded unicorn, and was had a crossbow. I thought that she may have been the
one responsible for the deaths of my squadmates to I took action, apprehending
her. As I was questioning her, the unicorn used some sort of cryokinetic spell,
trying to freeze me alive. It was rather weak, but I was immobilized all the
same. After I managed to free myself, another unicorn showed up, telling me how
someone was badly hurt, and that I ‘should do something about it soon.’ He
pointed me in the right direction, and I found Freyia, badly wounded, and
Zweihander nowhere in sight. After patching her up and getting her ambulatory,
I brought her here."
Kroll shifted slightly as he finished his story. "And there you have it, sir."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:41 am

Aella listened for a short while, before deciding that a further dealy was probably not a good idea. She knocked upon the door and waited.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Feliks Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Clicking his beak in a manner similiar to a disapproving parent, Feliks looked at Kroll sadly.

"It appears your story corroborates your report. Sadly... this troubles me. I can tell you with certainty I did not order two retrievals of the fugitive. You were the only one."

Nodding at one of the Valkyries, one of the grim visaged soldier exited the chamber for an unknown purpose.

"Captain, the fact that she worked without my authorization, and claimed to do so, is already an act of treason. But it goes much deeper... documents we "appropriated" from underneath this very compound reveal her induction into the Prudentatae conspiracy itself. In fact... an underling of the fugitive"

Opening his beak to continue, Feliks was interrupted by Aella's knock. Grinding his beak in irritation, he put an overly cheery spin on his voice.

"Aella my dear, I'm sorry but can you bring the Tsar's royal seal with the documents?"

Looking back to Kroll, he made an inaudible hiss.
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:49 pm

Kroll sighed, looking down at the floor for a moment. He didn't like the idea, but there was no means of denying it; Freyia was a traitor. Kroll brought his head back up, a grim, stony look fixed on his face as he looked at the commander. "Consider it done, sir."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:22 pm

Aella heard the sudden and new change of inflection in Feliks' voice and pondered for a moment before hurrying off. He had never heard him speak in that manner, or apologise to her for that matter. He clearly wanted more time to talk, but waiting too long would be grounds for punishment.

The Griffoness made a small distressed sound in her throat as she took the seal case from her owners dresser and trotted nervously on the spot as she though what to do.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Feliks Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:32 am

Feliks nodded grimly at the captain's words.

"See to it she dies Captain. I don't want her breathing any longer then possible. Now, there was a final matter I wanted to bring up with you." Maneuvering into his chair, Feliks quietly took a seat.

"The matter of my... 'crack team' of guerillas. The idiots they are."

Crossing his arms, it was clear Feliks was in a mood with this topic. A dangerous mood; the kind of annoyance that meant beings died in painful ways for the Commander's plans to bear fruit. Putting the cheerful inflection back in his voice, he called Aella forth.

"My dear, please do come in!"
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:24 am

Aella heard Feliks call out and stopped trotting on the spot, almost running back to the office with the seal clutched in a talon. She skidded to a stop in front of the door and slipped in as quietly as she could. The griffoness moved over to the desk, placing the seal upon it, then swiftly retreated to the edge of the room, bowing her head.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:20 pm

Kroll watched Aella skitter into the office as the commander’s order began to marinate in his brain. This would have to be done quickly and quietly; if any word got out about one of the best, if not only Equestrian soldiers under the Tsar had been killed on grounds of “treason”, it could potentially scare any others into deserting, or worse. Defecting. He nods quickly. “Absolutely, sir.”

Though he technically had no control or command over them, Kroll was still interested in what the commander had to say regarding the guerillas. He coughs a little, hoping the commander would resume his thought. “You were saying, sir?”
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Feliks Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Nodding, Feliks looked down at the documents and seal-

There was only the seal.

"Dear Aella... did I not ask for several documents as well? Please retrieve them, if you could be so kind?"

Banishing his servant from his thoughts, the Commander focused on Kroll.

"The Guerillas are barely worth their namesake. They're inefficient, unintelligent boors who have failed in every assignment. This needs to change posthaste. You see, we need a group of griffons as loyal as th Guerillas are as of now, but have the discipline and skill necessary to work in a cloak-and-dagger environment... Equestrians have already shown skill at hit-and-run tactics, if you've read the real story of Hoofington."
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:25 pm

Aella cursed her stupidity and slipped out of the room again, retreiving the doccuments from Feliks' dresser. She hoped that this would not warrant punishment.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:08 pm

Kroll shook his head as Aella scurried out of the commander's office. "I'm glad to hear that you're taking the notion of reform so seriously, sir. What do you intend as a solution?"
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Feliks Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:36 am

The Commader got a glint in his eye, that told of a grim intelligence behind this pleasant facade.

"Do you know much about cattle farming, dear Captain?"

This was not a rhetorical question.
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:42 pm

Kroll shifted a little, shaking his head. "Ah, no sir, can't say that I do."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:23 pm

Aella returned to the room, placing the doccuments on Feliks' desk, bowing as she did so.

'I apologise master, my line was not bred for its presence of mind'
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Feliks Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:12 pm

The Commander smiled gracefully at Aella. "Why yes, my dear. What other slave is there? I kill the intelligent ones."

Chuckling at his statement, he looked at Kroll with the same smile. "I've done quite a bit of reading into the subject... now, I'm no cattle herder, but I know how to make my stock... 'more valuable' as it were. The same principle applies with slaves... and soldiers."

Raising his alcohol again, he took a swig and continued with his speech.

"The weak must be culled to make the whole strong. You cull the weak bulls and cows to make their children the best stock possible; you kill the old, weak, and..." he made a glance to Aella. "...useless slaves, and let the strong and subservient breed. And with soldiers well..."

He chuckled menacingly.

"You get rid of the disloyal and uncontrollable."
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:22 pm

Kroll shifted uncomfortably, but remained remained resolute. He didn't care for the analogy much, but he kept his thoughts to himself. "That is...an understandable approach sir." He glanced at Aella. "I assure you that I'll keep a firm handle on things. You want reform sir, you're going to get it; these soldiers are going to be sharp as Rangers when I'm through with them."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:18 pm

Aella returned to her spot before the desk.

The intent behind Feliks' words was clear. if she failed to impress, to follow orders, she would be... culled. She sincerely hoped that she was too valuable for that.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Feliks Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:23 pm

Feliks smirked at Kroll.

"I'm sorry, but dear Captain, you will be attending to other matters. I have... someone who you will meet very shortly." Nodding at the second Valkyrie who had remained in the room, the Commander took another swig.

"Her name is Captain Aeolus. She was a member of the now-disbanded Office of Griffon Intelligence, and is now the prototype for the new Guerillas system. I expect you two to get along... "swimmingly".

"And here she is now."

The lone Valkyrie in the room proceeded to open the door, revealing the Valkyrie who had left, and a small, wiry griffoness, white feathered with brown fur.

"Hello sirs. My name is Captain Aeolus, and I look forwards to working with you."
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:23 pm

Kroll was surprised by the presence of the other captain, and his attempt at keeping himself from frowning caused parts of his face to twitch a little. With a smile that would put a crocodile to shame, Kroll shook Aeolus' claw, nodding stiffly. "And I look forward to working with you as well, Captain."

So...if she's going to be training the Guerrillas, Kroll thought to himself, then what the hell am I supposed to be doing? He looked back at the commander, as if expecting an answer.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Feliks Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:17 pm

Feliks looked at his captain, noting the gray feathered griffon's smile as he shook Aeolus' claw. It appeared there was already a but of friendly... "resentment" if his gut instinct was correct. That was good; co-opetition makes allies work harder, after all.

"I expect you two to work together to combat the growing unrest in the city..." he paused quickly. "-subtly, might I add."
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:57 am

Kroll nodded, glancing back at Aeolus. "Sounds like a plan, sir." He fidgeted, glancing down at the glass of burgundy that Aella had poured for him earlier. Though he wasn't much for alcohol, Kroll didn't wish to seem impolite. Firmly grasping the glass, he swiftly downed the whole glass, resulting in a sharp, flinching convulsion.

Inhaling sharply, Kroll regained his composure, gently setting down the glass, which now had a noticeable fracture in it. "That...is a hell of a thing." He said with a sigh, nodding at the empty and cracked glass.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:30 am

Aella chanced a look at the similarly named griffoness, noting Krolls aparent nervousness around her. She hoped that she would not get caught up in any disputes between the two.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Feliks Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:06 pm

The Commander looked at Kroll with a small smile. "Now, Captain, I expect that you will proceed with your orders? There is much that is hinging on her..." he made a small gesture with his claws, miming an explosion. "disappear."

Looking to Aeolus, he spoke to her now. "Captain, continue with the Reform. I expect a status report next week of all the recruits that passed Phase One. Understood?"

She saluted, and with a soft, pleasant tone, replied.

"Yes Commander, your orders will be carried out. Exiting the room, she let her tail graze Kroll's side, purposefully passing him. "Good luck Captain, I'm sure a simple pony will pose no threat to such a strong griffon as yourself." She would not listen to any reply.
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:18 am

Kroll shuddered a little as the other captain's tail brushed him on the way out. You have no idea what I'm about to put up with. he thought to himself as he watched Aeolus leave the commander's office.

Refocusing his attention back on the commander, he nodded sharply. "I'll see to it that the issue is dealt with accordingly, sir. Just give me a little time to prepare, and it'll all be over and done with."

With a swift salute, Kroll did an about-face and started walking towards the door. Just as he was about to step out of the doorway, he stopped and turned his head, looking at the commander from over his shoulder. "There's just one thing that bothers me, sir." he started to say. "She could've killed me, right then and there...why didn't she?"

Last edited by Kroll on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Feliks Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:24 pm

Feliks looked at his glass, and sighed.

"I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that question, my captain. Perhaps you'll get your answer soon enough."

Looking to his paperwork, he shifted slightly, clearly unwilling to perform the bureaucratic duties at this hour.

"In any case, you have your duties, and I have mine. Succeed Captain." He gave a small salute. "Dismissed."
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next