MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judging Worth

2 posters

Go down

Judging Worth Empty Judging Worth

Post by Double Edge Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:50 am

Nov, 13th
Outside the Griffon HQ, later Undermarket

Double Edge stared from his hiding place across the street of the Griffon Headquarters. Ducking out of sight whenever a patrolling griffon would come by. He didn't know why but it felt like he was being recognized more and more by ponies and griffons alike. That wasn't good. Not only that but adding to where he currently was and why? He must be an idiot. Unfortunately though he had made the deal with Shady and upholding his part meant that he had to bring her back to Undermarket, both for added security, to make sure she wasn't informing some griffon to where she was entering the sewers. Even a tip that small could lead to disastrous results.

Watching the passing griffons go into or come out of the old building was starting to get on his nerves, really where was she? did it seriously take this long to visit someone then come back. Turning his head the rebel tried to eye if there was another form of entrance, there had to be something! Seriously how hard was it to find a pony coming out of a building filled with griffons. Moving forward, the unicorn stopped at the edge of the alleyway. If he couldn't find her, maybe she could find him...hopefully quickly right where he was, he felt rather exposed and he didn't like any bit of it.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Judging Worth Empty Re: Judging Worth

Post by Shady Silhouette Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:20 am

With a heavy sigh, Shady slowly left the griffon headquarters. Slowly shaking her head, the mare straightened her posture and straightened her face. She had never felt worry such as this in her life, but she couldn't show it to anyone while out in public. Keeping her facade up, she slowly cantered away from the doors as to not get in anyone's way while lazily standing about.

The mare slowly and silently slipped into an alleyway nearby once she made sure there weren't any eyes on her, slipping right past the rebel to get herself into the shadows. "Alright, sorry for keeping you waiting." She said in a flat tone, managing to keep herself composed and her face straight despite the rage building inside of her.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffons
Profession: Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:46 am

Seeing the grey earth pony walk into the alleyway, the unicorn took one last look around the area checking for any griffons with a wandering eye, before slipping back into the shadows of the alley way. It didn't seem like he had been spotted. Maybe those, 'sharp' eyes that the griffons boasted so highly about were getting lazy due to the occupation. A possible advantage for now?

Moving towards the nearest manhole cover, the unicorn's horn lit up with a slight sting as he opened up the way to the sewers below. Looking to Shady, Double couldn't help but think that something seemed...off? She had that proud composure as usual, then again...maybe he was just too much on edge, after all she was still a griffon agent in the long run. Basically scum. the only saving grace was that she was of his own kind, but even that only barely made things any better. He hated having to hate the griffons, but from what there military did...there was little to bring anything redeeming toward them in his eye.

Motioning her to go down the ladder, the unicorn waited till he heard her hooves touch concrete before he descended downward, placing the cover back into its original position sealing them both in near darkness the only lights coming from distant storm drains till his horn glowed to life like that of a beacon. "Alright, lets go." He ordered taking the lead.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:56 am

Shady's composed expression quickly changed into one of pure hatred and rage the moment the manhole cover was back over the hole and the unicorn was down at her level. "Where is she...?" She asked in a low, rumbling tone. The mare nearly snarled as she turned around to face the rebel, her eyes angrily locked onto those of the other pony.

"Where is Freyia you fucking piece of shit?!" She screamed at Double as a forehoof came from the ground and towards him for a strike. "I held up my part of our deal, but you did it anyway?! I should fucking kill you right here! I don't came what your pathetic band of losers tries to do to me!"
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:14 am

Double's head twisted as the punch from Shady crossed his face. She was certainly stronger than she thought, that was for sure. Reaching up, he touched the side of his mouth making sure whether or not he was actually bleeding before calmly looking back to the mare. "I have no idea what you are talking about Shady. I have done nothing to your marefriend. Last I saw her was a week ago in that medical room, when I first met you." Taking a step forward, toward the mare. "Though I can't say I'm all that surprised what did you think would happen when working with those feathered fuckers. Complacency toward failure? You can try and kill me if you want. You won't get anything out of it though. But I do hope for her safety." Turning away the unicorn started down the walkway if she was gonna follow she would.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:26 am

Shady narrowed her eyes as the unicorn spoke to her, stopping any further attempts at assaulting him despite her still angry expression. She kept her glare on him while following through the tunnels. "How am I supposed to believe you? You managed to get into the hospital room once before." She stated bluntly, not taking her eyes off the dark form for a moment.

The mare paused for a moment and let out a heavy sigh. "Alright, I apologize for hitting you if you really didn't have anything to do with it." She said, voice seemingly to get slightly more solemn as she slowly turned her head away. "I...just don't know what to do without her..."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:42 am

"Yeah I did manage to get in there before, but do you remember why I did?" Double asked, taking a glance back toward the mourning earth pony. "It wasn't to attack her, it was to check up on her, cause last time I had seen her she was beaten pretty badly with a piece of metal in her side. I had even directed a gryphon to help take her back to your building." Double shut his eyes for a moment, trying to think passed that night and the pain it had caused him. Some of it still lingering.

Hearing the apology, Double couldn't help but be caught off guard from this. Shady...apologizing? A griffon agent apologizing to him? Well that was certainly something new for him. Stopping, the unicorn gave a soft sigh himself before resting a hoof on her shoulder, trying to give a comforting smile, "No harm, no foul Shady, and don't worry about Frey, she's strong. Where ever she is, she's probably alright. And you'll be too. If you'd like my offer for a place in Undermarket still stands."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:52 am

Shady kept her head down with her gaze avoiding Double even as the hoof came down onto her shoulder. She stayed silent for a few long moments after taking in the words offered to her by the unicorn. "I just...she's... She's the first one to truly ever care for me... I don't know what to do without her..." She said in a near silent tone as she began to shutter lightly, a few extremely rare tears beginning to well up in the corners of her eyes.

She looked up at the face of the other pony, tears slightly blurring her vision. "I...I'll take that offer. I don't want anything to do with those feathered monsters if they did anything to my love."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:22 am

Double let out a heavy sigh once more. He hated seeing mares sad. Even this one. He knew the pain that he saw in her eyes. The pain of having lost a loved one...it was a sight that haunted him nearly every time he looked at his sister. "Shady, you are going to be okay." Double replied, giving the earth pony a hug. "I'll try my best to find her."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:29 am

Shady didn't return the hug, simply accepting that it was there and seeming to at least appreciate it. "Thank you for your concern..." She said in a weak tone as she simply stood in the colt's embrace.

"And I think I should be fine for now..." She lied, not wanting to have the pony following her around all the time or something of that sort as she tried to keep Freyia in her memories. "May we please continue on now?"
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:39 am

"Right," Double replied setting the pace once more. He hoped for once she was telling the truth. Though keeping an eye on her might be somewhat necessary. Lose is definitely something difficult to cope with. Especially if you had no one else. He thanked the sisters above he had Static but this earth pony? She didn't seem to have anyone that could help her in this time.

Coming to the gate once again, Double Edge doused his horn of magic as he levitated it upwards before catching it and filling the room once again with light. Gesturing for her to step through. Something about all this made him simply want to see her okay. Despite the truth of what she was, or at least had been. He couldn't fully accept it, she was a spy after all. For all he knew this could be some kind of act something to get him to drop his guard completely...but that anguish...that wasn't something ponies could simply imitate. At least not any pony he knew. Then again he knew very little about this pony. Except where she had grown up, and that didn't help ease his mind at all.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:59 am

"Thank you." Shady said quietly as she slowly moved through the gate that was opened up for her by the unicorn. She stopped and looked back to wait for him, looking back ahead as she let another depressed sigh leave her. She knew Freyia wouldn't want to see her like this, but she couldn't just let her go. A small tear dropped from her chin and to the floor as she tried to shake the unrelenting thoughts from her head to no avail.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:55 am

The rest of the trek back to undermarket was quiet...at times it seemed rather unnerving how quiet it was. Sure the sewers were typically like this when ponies traveled through it. But that was when they were alone, not in groups. Maybe that was what really made him worry...maybe it was Shady's personality in general. Despite knowing her for so short, Double never would have guessed he'd ever see her cry. Real emotions seemed like they would be lost on that pony...but...he guessed the world proved him wrong again.

Stepping into the yellow light of Undermarket, Double Edge gave a sigh of relief to be out of the uncomfortable tunnels. However even the air still refused to be rid of the dreary mood. Very few ponies were out and about in the streets, most probably on the surface or in the actual market places. Some place to find food or work. Making his way through the streets, the rebel stopped as he came to an empty building. The glass was still intact and were surprisingly clean, while the brickwalls of the building itself were in good condition. All together it seemed to be a much nicer building than those around it.

Push the door open, the unicorn gestured for Shady to step inside. "This, if you want it, can be your home. Its sturdy, has electricity, and running water Aside from the entryway, there are two bathrooms, and two other rooms, and a kitchen which also functions. Fully furnished. I have the spare key back at my house, if you'd like it. Also my house is just across the street if you need anything. I'll bring over some food for you....are you sure you'll be alright? I understand if you aren't and would like some company..."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:18 am

Shady slowly followed Double through the many tunnels of the sewer, not making any sounds beyond her hoofsteps and breathing. She slowly looked up as the area got brighter, not seeming to acknowledge anything around her until the home was addressed by the unicorn.

Without a word, she peeked through a window to see the inside. "I guess I'll take it... I need someplace to stay." She stated bluntly, bringing a hoof up to wipe away her tears that were only replaced quickly. "Thank you..."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:16 pm

"Its really alright Shady. Just give me a second and I can get you that food. You should probably get some rest. Try and get your thoughts all figured out. Okay? I'll be back as soon as I can." Handing the key to the house to Shady. Double Edge stepped away. Heading toward his house. The thought of leaving her alone...in the state she was in? That didn't seem ideal, but as of right now he had no other choice. If she was gonna live here, she was going to need supplies. He had some, most of it was food for his sister and himself. But there was enough that he could spare some for Shady, it probably wouldn't last...and she would need bits...he didn't necessarily. It would mean a few harder times for him and Static but they could manage.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:51 pm

Shady quietly took the key from Double, watching the unicorn move away before unlocking the door and moving into her new home. With a heavy sigh, she closed and locked the door behind herself, simply sitting on the floor with her back to the window to stare blankly at the well. Freyia...
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:00 pm

With a heavy sigh, Double Edge grabbed the last of his bits, approximately fifty of them. It wouldn't be much but it would certainly be a start for the poor mare. Static and himself however...they'd have to tighten the pockets. Only spend for what is completely necessary. Grabbing the rest of the food that they could spare, the rebel closed his saddlebag. Looking around he let out yet another sigh, he didn't look forward to explaining this to Static but unfortunately it would be a necessity.

Stepping out of his house, he surveyed his small shack once more. It was a small four room building, nothing too special, but it was home. Looking away he gave a small grin before heading down the street into the market. He'd have to spend some of the money he intended to give to Shady, but it would give her more than just some bread, and a few different fruits. Getting her some milk, or vegetables, maybe some other grains and wheats and spices.

Reaching the market, the unicorn found where all the ponies in Undermarket seemed to have been when he and Shady had arrived. The district was filled with ponies, diamond dogs, zebras, and donkey's. Each trying to yell their prices over the voices of the others, selling just about everything. Double groaned, he wasn't one for shopping bargaining wasn't his finest talent. Now was as good a time as ever to improve.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:27 pm

Shady simply sat in silence, completely still in her spot on the floor as her eyes remained locked on the featureless wall in front of her. Thoughts began to slowly flip through the mare's head, getting faster and faster before turning from a simple flip book to a raging storm of emotions and memories. Tears slowly began to roll down her cheeks once more as her mind locked onto the white and gold pegasus.

"W-why...? Why?!" She suddenly screamed at the top of her lungs as she fell farther down into her pit of despair. Shifting in her place, she heard a familiar sound: her blade. She glanced down at her right hoof...her weapon had come out for her.

With her thoughts beginning to race once more, her full attention was placed onto the shining metal blade. Just one quick motion...and it'll be over. I'll be able to meet Freyia again... She thought silently to herself as she brought the blade closer to her face, eyes trained onto it. There's nothing left for me here...I have no regrets...
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:39 am

Trotting out of the market place, a fresh supply of groceries floating behind him, Double grinned, hay, fruits, vegetables, a nice assortment of spices, even some sweets, and only for ten bits, he had only spent ten bits! He was rather proud of himself for getting so much for so cheap, hell maybe he was better at this bargaining thing than he had thought. Then again he had made a name for himself down here in Undermarket, most knew him on a first name bais, which he was rather proud of, but at the same time worried about.

Making his way through the slowly filling streets of Undermarket the unicorn couldn't help but hum a little as he walked. This day was certainly having its ups and downs what with the disappearance of Freyia, whom despite her alliance with the griffons, the rebel still held out some hope for, but he couldn't lie he was glad to have Shady away from the feathered freaks...even if she was in a bad state, that sort of thing was expected. He didn't know why but something about that mare he really liked. He did want to get to know her more if he could. Though with her lying nature, that would be difficult.

Reaching the house, Double Edge reached into his saddlebags swearing as he realized he'd forgotten the spare key to the house. "Shady, shady its me, Double, can you let me in?" the rebel called out knocking on the door. Waiting a moment, he knocked once more, "Shady?" Peeking inside the unicorn's eyes grew wide at what he saw, Shady, staring at that knife of hers, damnit he had forgotten about the fucking knife! Dropping the groceries, Double ran to the nearest window banging on it, as he called out for her to stop. Getting no reply he either suspected she couldn't hear him or she was just ignoring him. To set on the weapon. Eyeing the window, the unicorn backed up. This was gonna hurt.

Charging forward, the unicorn braced himself as he lept forward, crashing through the window. Rolling as hit the ground, coming to a stop at the wall. Without waiting a second, Double was up on his hooves ignoring any injuries as he grabbed hoof holding the blade, pulling it away from her. "NO! SHADY DON'T DO THIS! DO YOU THINK FREY WOULD WANT YOU TO DO THIS! TO KILL YOURSELF IF SHE WEREN'T THERE!"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:55 am

Shady didn't react to anything around her, until the leg with the knife attached was grabbed and pulled away from her body by double. With a deep growl leaving her, she glared at the charcoal pony. Tears still streaming down her face from her combination of sorrow and anger, she simply tossed his words aside.

"Don't use that shit with me!" She yelled back at him with a snarl. "Those feathered fucks probably ate Freyia for all I know! I can't live in a world where I can't see her! Just let me be with her again!"
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:02 am

"BUT WHAT IF SHE WASN'T!" Double yelled back, "what if she's still alive somewhere!? What do you think she would do if she came back and found out you had KILLED YOURSELF! HUH? WHAT THEN!?" Double pulled back making sure the blade was a safe distance away from the depressed mare, no way in the nine levels of tartarus he would let her hurt herself! "DON'T FUCKING ASSUME SOMETHING LIKE THAT TILL YOU HAVE SOME HINT OF PROOF!"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:09 am

"My life has been nothing but shit! With my luck, I'm just surprised she wasn't taken from me sooner!" Shady growled as she fought with the unicorn, trying to get her leg back from him but failing. The fight seemed to slowly leak out of her as the final statement was told to her, some rational thought starting to break through the black fog in her mind. Could she still be out there...?
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:17 am

"That is the PAST Shady! Don't let it define your future! Luck has nothing to do with it! You make your own luck!" Double replied, gritting his teeth as he kept up the fight. "Are you really that weak to stoop to suicide! If Freyia decided to be with you? Then I highly doubt it! I told you I'm going to look for her, try my best to find her! So don't you go doing something as rash as this before I even get the chance to LOOK!"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:23 am

Shady's growls slowly began to fade away with her struggles. She slowly closed her eyes as all fight in her foreleg was lost after the final comment hammered it home for her once she was softened up. "I...I'm sorry..." She said in a weak voice as she slowly opened up her tear-filled eyes, locking them onto Double. "I just...love her... I love her more than anyone can even think of..."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:33 am

"I know Shady. I know." Double replied, his harsh tone fading as he let go of her hoof, and instead hugging the poor crying mare. "I'm going to find her for you. I swear it." He really hoped that somewhere out there Frey was just hiding out for some reason...or something. He knew how it to lose a loved one...two actually...he didn't want Shady to feel that. He would never wish that kind of pain on anypony...even some griffons.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:36 am

Shady slowly returned the hug with trembling forelegs, slowly burying her face into the shoulder of Double. "Th...thank you...Double." She replied in a shaky voice as she continued to cry into the unicorn's fur. "I just...want to see her again... Hold her in my hooves again..."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:46 am

"shhsh, Shady, you will, you will." Double whispered as he stroked the mare's mane, trying his best to comfort the poor girl. "We'll find her, don't you worry. We will. I'm sure of it."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:54 am

Shady slowly nodded her head as she kept her embrace on the unicorn, slowly calming down, but far from stopping her cries. "I promise to never give up again. Not until we find her."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:00 am

"which we will, then everything will be alright, you'll see." Double continued, making sure she was calmed down, he'd have to make sure that Shady would be alright. Another episode like this...really couldn't happen again, especially not with her still having that knife on her hoof. "Undermarket is a place for new beginnings, you and Frey deserve one together."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Shady squeezes the colt slightly tighter in her forelegs as she began to regain her strength. "That's...all I really want... No more working for those stupid griffons anymore... I just want to be with her." She replied quietly, the mare's ears perking up as the thought of the griffons came back to her. Her grip on the other pony seemed to tighten further as an anger began to grow inside her.

"Griffons... I want them gone..." She said in a near silent voice.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:12 pm

"I think everyone down here wants that as well...some especially more than others." Double answered continuing to try and calm the grieving mare. "hopefully one day the rebellion you call silly will yield those results."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum