MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Look into the Void

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Look into the Void Empty A Look into the Void

Post by Void Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:03 pm

November 14th, Year 4

If her hooves hurt she didn't recognize it. They had travelled for days with hardly any break. Now she could see the outlines of Manehatten rising against the morning sun.
If she had ever seen the skyline in its undamaged state before the war, she didn't remember. Now she had heard that almost everything was destroyed. But what did that mean? Destruction. A word without meaning to her.
She passed a puddle and looked at it without recognition. She saw a white short mane that bordered a head in light blue coat, turquoise eyes and pressed together lips in a face without expression. She trotted along. What she hadn't seen was her body covered in a shaddy brown cloak. Nopony or -griffon could see the scars that made up for the missing cutie mark.

Her accompanist was a huge, light gray griffon with black wings. He didn't bother but to look at her once in a long while. He knew that she followed. She always followed.
He was regarding the city in front of them, an eager sparkle reflecting in his eyes. This city's population caused a lot of trouble, from what the news said. His "pet" would have a lot to do here, but this was the reason they came here - to tidy up. And to find that one pony...
A grim smile appeared under his helmet. "Void, hurry up."

After another two hours they entered the town. Scanion lead the pony he called Void quickly along the Main Street through the outskirts and the Western Residential District until they reached the griffons' Head Quarter in Downtown. Some quick sentences to the guards and they lead them to the captain's office. Scanion raised his claw and knocked at the door.
Void
Void
???
???

Back to top Go down

A Look into the Void Empty Re: A Look into the Void

Post by Kroll Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:13 am

Kroll was sitting at his new desk when Scanion knocked on his door. He had been spinning around in his new office chair for the past three minutes, taking a short break from the monolithic stacks of paperwork that had been neglected to be filed since at least the beginning of the city's occupation.

Aside from the large stacks of paperwork placed around the room, Kroll's office was relatively empty, aside from a few large boxes, a desk with a chair on either side, and an old, beat-up typewriter.

Quietly stopping his chair, Kroll rolled his chair to his desk and typed out a few more sentences of the current report before looking up at the door.

"It opens."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession: Captain of the Guard
Back to top Go down

Post by Void Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:09 pm

Scanion opened the door, entered the room and nodded to the griffon who was sitting at the desk in front of him. He didn't have to turn around to know that the pony followed.
"Captain Kroll? I am Sergeant Scanion Blackwing. I come from Hoofington with an important mission. We sent you a letter. I hope you've received it?" Scalion ended the sentence as a question and looked to Kroll.

Last edited by The Void on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Void
Void
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:36 pm

Kroll looked up at the sergeant, frowning slightly. "No...I didn't." he replied. Shaking his head, he got up from his desk and walked up to Blackwing, shaking the griffon's claw. "All the same, welcome to Manehattan." Kroll peered over the sergeant, noticing Scanion's companion. He nodded in her direction, smiling a little. "Who's your friend?"
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Void Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:54 pm

Void looked straight ahead, seemingly not recognizing the smile she got.
"That's not good. We sent you one. It must got lost.", said Scanion. By accident or stolen? Probably the second.
"This pony there is our secret weapon in a way. She's an assassin and she doesn't hesitate. She's got no conscience and does everything I tell her to." It was important to mention that she does what he, Scanion, told her. She was shaped on him. Though if he told her to listen to somegriffon else...
"With her last victim she found a letter. That is the reason we came here. We have reasons to believe - or better: we know - that the sender must be member of a group of criminals. Most of them we could checkmate. But two are still alive and they must be in Manehatten. One is the sender."
Scanion snatched a lightly crumpeled sheet of paper out of his poket. "This is the letter..."
He handed it over to Kroll. Void's eyes followed the letter while it passed over to the other griffon. Her eyes seemed dead.

Spoiler:

Last edited by The Void on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Void
Void
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:27 pm

Kroll read over the letter a few times before looking back up at Scanion and Void. "This is..very interesting..thank you for bringing this to my attention, Sergeant." He walked back over to his side of the desk, thumbing through a few documents before pulling out a few. "So what do you plan to do about it? I assume that you already had something in mind?"
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Void Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:17 pm

Scanion went a step forward.
"The city is unknown to me, and this whole group stayed undetected for a long time. If it wasn't for sheer luck we probably still wouldn't know about them. Finding this pony could prove to be difficult, and possibly the letter to you was intercepted by this messenger."
He paused for considering what to say next.
"Before we decide on a course of action, we need more information. As long as no sufficient leads come up, I'd gladly help cleaning up this city, in return for your help in the search. I've heard the local ponies cause some trouble. And it certainly would help me learning more about the situation here."
Talking he glanced over to Void who wasn't doing anything. As always. As always the perfect instrument.
Void
Void
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:18 pm

Kroll nodded. "I see...well, I'll run it by the commander, but it shouldn't be a problem; your help should be more than welcome here, especially now. If you need me to do anything, don't be afraid to ask..." He trailed off again, looking at Void. "So...what will she be doing? And how?"
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Void Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:16 pm

"She'll take out any target I give her. Or die trying", Scanion said with a smirk. Void actually would kill herself right here and now if he told her to. "She usually tries to sneak up on her targets, and usually she succeeds but she has proven herself capable of open combat when the need comes up."

Void was starring into nothing. She didn't listen, she didn't hear what the griffons were saying. She waited without noticing that she was alive. But slowly her gaze went over to the letter lying on the desk. Suddenly there were some words of the letter in her mind. My friends are everything I live for. She remembered starring at this line a long time when she had found that letter. She felt strangely that she even remembered. A little shiver of her front hoof.
Then she remembered the word Everfree Forest and suddenly there were pictures in her mind. Only a few and they're gone as suddenly as the appeared. Her leg trembled more. And the red colour of the writing...
Something happened. An accurate observer might have seen an unusual shiningness in her eyes. Then a shiver went through her body and she was Void again.

"Only her social skills are lacking - as you can see - but that isn't something I would expect from a weapon anyway."
Void
Void
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:37 pm

Though Kroll was listening to everything Scanion had to say, his focus was on Void. She for a split moment, she seemed focused on the letter on his desk. Then after a subtle shiver, she was back to normal. “I see…” Kroll looked back at the sergeant. “Well, if it’s all the same to you, I’d prefer to see how well she can do in open combat. Things being what they are these days, shit goes sideways real fast; stealth may not always be an option. You wouldn’t mind that happening, would you?”
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scanion Blackwing Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:57 pm

Scanion looked over to Void, then back to Kroll. "Not at all." He'd rather know that Kroll had confidence in Void than continue on without it. It'll probably be useful later. Besides, he knew that his weapon would do just fine. She hasn't disappointed before.
"I assume I can accompany you and witness this Test for myself?"

Scanion Blackwing
Scanion Blackwing
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffons
Profession: Interrogator/Torturer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:59 pm

Kroll smiled at Scanion. "Oh, but of course! Why wouldn't you be? I don't think it would be very polite of me to do anything to your friend here without your permission first!" With another chuckle, Kroll made his way to the door, holding it open for his guests. "Please, right this way."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scanion Blackwing Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:51 pm

Scanion smirked then motioned Void to follow. "Void, C'mon. This way"
When Void was by his side he went through the door, nodding to Kroll in appreciation. Pondering to himself on what this test was actually going to be, most likely something simple but you can never tell.
Scanion Blackwing
Scanion Blackwing
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:29 pm

Kroll led Scanion and Void down the hallway, stopping at the stairs that led to the dungeons below. He turned to Scanion. "I'll meet you two at the training center. There's something I need to take care of first." With a wink and a nod, Kroll disappeared down the stairs and into the dungeons below.

As his eyes adjusted to the relative darkness of dungeons, Kroll headed straight for the cell of the griffoness known as Aella. Standing in front of her cell, the captain knocked against the cell's bars to get the griffoness' attention.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:57 pm

Aella lay upon the pile of straw that served as her bed, staring blankly at the wall. Upon hearing a knock, she lifted her head and looked over at Kroll.

'You have need of me sir?' She asked, remembering his preference for the military honourific.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:27 am

Kroll looked down at Aella, nodding with a sad smile. "It would certainly seem that way, miss. I have a special assignment for you actually, one I think you might enjoy. I just need to get the key for your cell and we can be on our merry way."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:35 am

Aella stood and streched before walking over to the door and sliding it open.

'The jailers do not bother to lock it sir'
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:51 am

Kroll stared blankly at Aella as she opened the door to her cell. "Oh...alright then." He stepped to the side and motioned for her to step out. "Well, come along now, not going to achieve much we just sit here."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:28 am

'Yes sir'

Aella stepped out of the cell and waited to follow Kroll
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:53 am

Kroll smiled a little as he led Aella from out of the dungeon and up to the main hallway. As they started walking, he began to speak. "So I suppose why you're wondering why I came to get you..." he paused for a moment, as if deciding if he wanted the statement to be a question or a rhetorical statement. Choosing the latter, he carried on. "Today is your lucky day, Eversor. You see, a correspondent from Hoofington has brought with him a little pet project of his...some pony he's groomed into a personal assassin of sorts. Anyway, I want him to prove his asset's worth before I give him any kind of clearance to use it here." Kroll stopped and turned to face Aella directly, taking out his licorice bag, taking himself a piece and offering one to her. "That is where you come in. You were bred to fight. You're vicious. You're lethal. Felkis isn't one to squander his investments, and I want you to prove to him and myself just how deadly you can be when necessary. How about it? Sound like something you'd want to do?"
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:56 am

Aella smiled and took the liqorice, excited at the prospect of a fight. She had been cooped up in the headquaters for too long and relished the idea of testing herself as much as the sweet treat that her master had given her.

'Yes sir' she said, allowing a measure of glee to seep into her tone
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:52 am

Kroll smiles at Aella's reply. "That is exactly what I wanted to hear." He continued walking. "Now he hasn't seen you yet, and that's something we can use to our advantage. I want you to act like a fierce gladiator, not some whipped, castrated kitten; make him think you're going shred his asset apart and drink its blood from its very skull; be terrifying. Think you can do that for me?"
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:00 am

Aella nodded, wiping the smile from her face. She focussed upon making her movements slow and deliberate, showing off her size and strength with a langorous predatory stride. She composed her expression into one of cold distain, like a nobleman looking down upon something irritating that he was forced to endure the presence of.

The terrifying warrior would come later, when she had a weapon in her hands and hot blood pumping through her veins.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:13 am

Kroll nodded, smiling widely. "Perfect. That is just perfect." He stopped, realizing that they've reached the training facility."Alright...here we go.." Kroll opens the door for Aella, ushering her in first.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:22 am

Aella followed her masters directions. Stalking into the next room, she surveyed it for her opponent.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Scanion Blackwing Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:44 pm

Scanion's attention was drawn towards a white griffon who had just entered the facility, wearing a collar. No doubt this was Kroll's fighter. Her stance was imposing, trying to look Intimidating at the very least. Not that it would matter, Weapons don't show fear. And Void won't back off without his say so, that's as intimidating as it needs to be.

Scanion waved to get the Griffon's attention, and Kroll's, who he saw in the same doorway as the white griffon. He turned to Void "Remember, No mercy. But don't kill your enemy this time." He smirked at the next thought "I have nothing against you beating her down though" With that, he motioned Void to follow and began walking towards Kroll and his fighter.
Scanion Blackwing
Scanion Blackwing
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:12 pm

Kroll smiled proudly as Aella walked into the room, following in after her. He nodded at Scanion. “Ah, glad to see you found this place without any trouble…” he turned to look at Aella, still talking to Scanion. “Magnificent, isn’t she? One of the best gladiators Aquillus has to offer, selected by Felkis himself…I’m sure she’ll be more than enough of a challenge for your asset…” Kroll paused again, looking at Scanion. “Given certain combat circumstances, I would like to see how well Void does against an armed combatant while she herself is unarmed…sound fair?”
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scanion Blackwing Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:15 pm

"Nope, that doesn't sound fair in the slightest" Scanion observed Aella then turned to Kroll. "Realistically though, the odds seem fair. So I'll accept that term." He has sent Void against odds similar, if not worse, than this. He does not doubt her capability.
He turned to Aella once more and smirked "Though I'll tell you now, Once I let Void off of her leash, she won't back off unless I say so." He looked to Kroll, still smirking. "Well, unless there's anything else you want to say, I think we can get it started."
Scanion Blackwing
Scanion Blackwing
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:32 pm

Kroll shrugged. "I suppose so." He looked over at Aella. "Eversor, there should be a training polearm in one of the weapons cabinet. Pick one that suits you and we can start this, okay?" He turned back to Scanion again, smiling in a mischievous, almost dark manner. "And between you and me, how about we make this a little more interesting between you and me, eh, Sergeant? Just a friendly wager is all..."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scanion Blackwing Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Scanion paused. Noticing the Captain's smile, he was never one for placing bets. "I didn't think you were into that type of thing, Captain." Now that he thought about it, Kroll picked his best fighter and also has Void fighting weaponless. This could just be to help his odds of winning. "Ok, What are the terms?"
Scanion Blackwing
Scanion Blackwing
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Kroll smiled. "If my asset wins, you have to put on frilliest pink dress we have and sing "I'm a Little Teapot" in mess hall during midday chow." He paused, shrugging. "And if you win...well, I'll do it. And to sweeten it even further, I'll throw in the finest meal we have for you and Void here. On me, of course. Sound like fun?"
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scanion Blackwing Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:26 pm

Scanion put his claw to his face. "I get a sudden feeling I'll regret this, But okay, Your on" Scanion turned to Void "When you get in there, Remember, No weapons and don't try and kill your opponent. Just beat her to submission." He paused for a second, then looked at Kroll and shrugged. "Ready when you are, Captain"
Scanion Blackwing
Scanion Blackwing
Sandvich
Sandvich

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:09 pm

Kroll nodded. "Very good." He looked to Aella. "Alright, nothing lethal, okay? Do what you need to do; stay focused, stay on task. Time to make your mother proud, Eversor!"
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:37 pm

Aella nodded and retreived a padded wooden polearm from a rack on the wall. She moved to the space in the centre of the room and reared up on her hind legs, gripping the weapon in both talons.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:31 am

Void's ears bobbed up as Scanion spoke to her. Don't kill your enemy but beat her to submission. These words are the whole message that reached her mind. She looked to the griffon Scanion was referring to. Don't kill your enemy. But beat her to submission. Beat her. Submission. Enemy. What was an enemy. What was her enemy?
It was like an echo in her mind. Her order. And the word enemy. She looked at the griffon who was already preparing to start that fight. She was her enemy. This griffon. A griffon. Never before she had to fight a griffon but now one was her enemy to defeat.
She threw off her cloak and spread her wings. Slowly with sliced eyes she walked in front of her opponent, watching the griffon's every movement. Still there was some space between them that will probably shorten soon.
Void
Void
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:46 am

Kroll looked between Aella and Void as they stood before each other. This is going to be interesting. he thought to himself. Taking a step back, he raised his arm. "Ready...set...GO!" with that, he snapped his arm down, signaling the fight to begin.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:09 pm

Aella shifted her stance, lowering her polearm to waist level, ready to strike. She watched the blue pony carefully for an opening to attack.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:59 am

Void was looking at the griffon in front of her as she prepared to be attacked and not to attack herself, obviously. Void looked at the polearm in the griffon's claws.
Void did but one single step forward.
Void
Void
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:24 am

Aella feinted a strike from her right, then whipped it up and tried to bring it down on Voids head.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:40 am

Void was fast. She watched how the griffon started a strike on the left side and suddenly changed direction and she saw the polearm coming rushing to her head. She dodged away by cringing and ran past the griffon. Void needed first to disarm her enemy.
Void
Void
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:47 am

Aella spun as the pony dodged and ran past her, swinging her polearm low as she did so.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:12 pm

Void jumped, turned around and then headed for the griffon's face, her front hooves streched out to get her opponent off her legs while her hind legs were kicking towards the polearm.
Void
Void
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:34 am

Aella turned her head with her spin, trying to keep track of the blue pony. She saw the forehooves of Void rushing up at her and flinched, dropping her polearm and bringing her talons up to her face to block the attack.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:25 am

Void crashed into the griffon which threw the both of them to the ground. Her hind legs kicked into nothing; then Void tried to hit the griffon in the stomach while she was trying to get a hold of her arms.
Void
Void
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:29 am

Aella crashed to the ground with the pony on top of her and was immediately smacked in the stomach by the much smaller equine, causing her to cry out in pain. She struggled with void for a few moments as she tried to grab her arms before lunging forwards with her beak, trying to bite the pony.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:30 pm

Though she tried to avoid the griffon's beak Void grunts as she got bitten at her left shoulder near her throat and loosend lightly the hold.
Void
Void
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:11 pm

Aella felt her beak meet flesh and peirce Void's hide. She stopped herself from simply biting all the way through the pony's shoulder, remembering her order to not kill her opponent. As Void loosened her grip, Aella pulled her legs up under the pony and kicked, trying to push her off.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:55 am

Void was kicked and flew backwards though she tried to get a hold on the griffon to pull her with her.
Void
Void
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:20 am

Aella cried out as Void took some of her feathers with her as she was thrown back. She scrambled to her feet and faced the pony, not about to be taken off guard again.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:59 am

Void stood up quickly and was watching at the griffon opposite her. Here we go again, she thought. She saw the polearm lying on the ground in the middle of them both. That meant she had to keep the griffon from getting there, and ran towards her...
Void
Void
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next