MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking Students (and a teacher)

2 posters

Go down

Seeking Students (and a teacher) Empty Seeking Students (and a teacher)

Post by Silvern Gleam Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Year 4, November 14, Early morning till evening

((Silvern Gleam waits in the HQ for interested unicorns for the magic training. Show up whenever it suits you.))

With a yawn Sil arrived in the populated area of the Undermarket, a load of rolled up posters sticking out of her saddlebags. Some more hours of sleep would have been nice, but she wanted to get the training running as fast as possible, and so she had an exciting day at the HQ to look forward to. Probably hours of waiting with a few conversations in between. But first she had to let the Undermarket know. One poster floated out and placed itself on a wall, near something that Sil hoped was a light source. Looked like a lantern to her, but without seeing the actual light, it was hard to tell for sure. For a moment the glow around the paper intensified, then vanished, the poster keeping its place pressed against the surface. Satisfied with the work, she continued her way around the Undermarket and placed posters everywhere she deemed appropriate, before only one was left, which was finally placed on the door of the rebellion HQ. Now came the boring part: Waiting. After greeting everypony she knew inside, she took off her saddlebags and made herself comfortable, sitting down in a corner of the room where she wouldn't be in the way. With nothing else to do until somepony interested came by, she used the time to do some calculations, which basically looked like she was casting something while being half asleep. The target of the spell were some gems in her bags, save from sight, which she used as notepads.

The posters she had placed around the Undermarket said the following:

Spoiler:
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Artifact Merchant

Back to top Go down

Seeking Students (and a teacher) Empty Re: Seeking Students (and a teacher)

Post by Steel Strike Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:13 pm

Steel had seen the signs as he went back and forth gathering some of Mega's items from her shop. He saw the signs, and agreed that maybe he could use a touch up of magic. His painful fracture had left him without magic for quite a bit. However, he wasn't naturally adept at using magic. Being a smith, magic was somewhat taboo if used, and some parts of Equestria wouldn't accept metal work if it was made with magic instead of hooves. Needless to say this left his proficiency somewhat lacking.

After talk to Megs about his plans for the day, he trotted over to the makeshift HQ. He wondered if Double would help with the magical training, combat wise. It'd be nice to know quite a few more spells in his memory. He stepped into the HQ, and walked over to Silvy. "Thanks for starting this up." he says calmly.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel
Profession: Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Hello Steel, Sil said smilingly as she canceled her magic. I'm glad being able to help, and when you mentioned it in the meeting, I had no reason not to do it. So, what about you, here to learn something?
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:02 pm

Steel shrugs unsure. "Probably need a kick in the flank. I don't use magic much besides heat dissipation spells, and the basics. I'd like something in combat too, if you find a teacher in time." he says, with a shrug.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:21 pm

Hark, having nowhere else to be, was still hanging around the Undermarket, and, naturally, would have seen a poster requisitioning magic users as either students or trainers. Of course, being as powerful and egotistical as she was, Hark was going to apply for the position of a trainer.

Due to the above-par medicine she had received, Hark was already, for the most part, healed of her injuries. Most of her bandages were no longer worn, and most of her horn was healed (and considering the time that she wasn't using it... There was a very good chance she was near full casting potential). She also felt slightly naked, making a mental note to commission someone to make her some armor, or something.

As she arrived at the rebel HQ, the tempo of her subconscious march slowed to a stop. With incredible ease, she allowed her horn to telekineticly open the door for her, and she promptly walked in, letting go of the door as she scanned the room, not sure of who she was to talk to. Logically, she called out to everyone in the room: "I'm here about the magic training bit you guys are pulling off."

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:41 pm

Sil opened her mouth to reply to Steel, what came out however was directed at the unicorn who just came in. You want to speak with me then, she said only slightly louder than usual, her corner being not far away from the door. Her eyes were perfectly fixed on the new arrival to tell who Sil was speaking to. I'm Silvern Gleam, the initiator of the training.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:15 pm

Hark glanced in the direction of the voice, finding the yellow unicorn fixed right on her. As she spoke, Hark moved toward her, her hooves moving in a slower tempo as she reached the corner, looking toward the yellow unicorn, who apparently went by the name "Silvern Gleam." She found the name slightly odd (due to the extra n-sound in 'Silvern'), but shrugged it off as she replied: "Yes. I'm Highmagus Cyan Burst. I believe I'm more than qualified to teach combat magic."

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:26 pm

"Ah perfect timing!" He says and holds out a hoof. "Steel Strike. Hoping to get a bit of combat training." He said, wondering how this would work.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:04 am

High Magus? That sounds like the right qualification, Silvern said happily. Already found a teacher, or at least a possibility. If Cyan Burst had been in the army, with such a high rank, that would at least mean she had combat experience. But being "more than qualified to teach combat magic" meant a bit more than that. Time to see if she knew what she was talking about or if she was just being arrogant. Have you taught before?, Sil asked politely.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:17 am

Hark gave a partial smile as she accepted Steel's hoof, shaking it as she listened to Silvern. She thought for a moment, as she had never actually, for all purposes of technicality, taught someone before. However, there was an exception, to which was the basis of her answer. "I can't say that I technically have. However, a lot of fresh recruits came to my team first, so in a sense, I have."

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:24 am

Steel chuckles a bit. "We make do with what we have, Cyan. Any help you can provide to the rebels is greatly appreciated." He said with a nod. "And I do hope I can be trained in magical combat to some degree." He adds.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:13 am

Silvern nodded smilingly. It should be fine. Teaching something can be troublesome at times, but the combat experience is more important, she said,
Well, with the position filled, let's talk about business. I intend to split my part up into two classes, basic and advanced spellcasting. I suggest that you do the same, Cyan. Some might already be good combatants while others have only just learned their first combat spell and need to be handled completely different. Silently Sil hoped that the other mare wouldn't mind already having thrown tips at her, but Cyan had admitted herself that she had never done proper, organized teaching before. Sil wasn't a trained teacher, but she had been a renowned expert in the fields of magic and had been asked to do several trainings and classes before.
In the first lesson I'll determine who goes where, she continued. I'm currently planning on the 18th, afternoon. Most likely some of them will be mentally exhausted after I'm done with them, so the combat shouldn't be on the same day.

Last edited by Silvern Gleam on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:22 pm

Hark nodded as Silvern spoke. "Yeah, that makes sense. I'd prefer to run a placement test as soon as possible, however," she said as she gave a half smile. "What makes you assume all of your students will come to my class, anyway?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Not all, but some of them. I would suggest your students to visit me as well anyway, knowing how to fight with magic doesn't help much when the magic itself is lacking, Sil replied smilingly. I'll be here till evening, if you can tell me a date, I can tell it to everypony interested. And Steel, if you have time in the evening I'd like to show you the way to my home, would be a little complicated to contact me if nopony knows where I live.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:37 pm

Steel nodded. "Sounds lovely. Best to know where you'll be." He says agreeing with Silvy.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:09 pm

"I'd prefer to schedule my class about a week after yours," Hark said with a nod. "Enough recovery time for aspirants. In any case, I've gotta get going. I'm lousy with a blade," she said as she walked toward the door, exiting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum