MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casual Cafe Conversations (Dated) (Private)

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Casual Cafe Conversations (Dated) (Private) - Page 2 Empty Re: Casual Cafe Conversations (Dated) (Private)

Post by Ida Fjölnir Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:47 pm

Ida simply nods and calls for one of the waitress. "We would like to pay."
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Casual Cafe Conversations (Dated) (Private) - Page 2 Empty Re: Casual Cafe Conversations (Dated) (Private)

Post by Jacov Chillfeathers Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Jacov pulls some bits from a pouch. "I have this covered. You two can run ahead, I'll catch up with you as soon as I can." He says.
Jacov Chillfeathers
Jacov Chillfeathers
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:22 pm

The soldier's grin dropped a little at Jacov. "I'm sorry, but I have to insist we leave as a group."
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacov Chillfeathers Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:31 pm

Jacov sighs. "Then you two will wait till I pay. I don't wantttp leave without paying, that's just plain rude." He said with a chuckle.
Jacov Chillfeathers
Jacov Chillfeathers
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:42 pm

Ida gets a little bag out of her bag."No way, Jacov. I invited you to the coffe, so I insist on paying." she says and gives the waitress the money. "You can keep the rest." Ida says to her and turns back to the soldier. "So, I think we're ready. You lead the way."
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:31 pm

The soldier stood up, and gave Ida a nod. "Follow me please."

Walking out to the street, Sergeant Staghaus prepared to lift off. Giving his wings a small stretch, he jumped and began to flap his wings. After ascending, he maintained his height and looked to the two civilians.

"It's not far, and has a safe aerial entrance."
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacov Chillfeathers Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:35 pm

Jacov nodded. He found that this bar would most likely be griffon.only, though the possibility of a pegasi or two, along with rarely a earth or unicorn pony. He experimentally opened his wings and clumsily took the sky. Flying was not one of his strong suits, that was for sure.
Jacov Chillfeathers
Jacov Chillfeathers
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:36 pm

Ida follows the two out of the street and stretches her wings. She's a moderate flier, but she doesn't like to fly in the city. So she mostly stays on the ground. Ida flaps her wings couple times, before she jumps from the ground and follows the soldier.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:38 am

The soldier looked ahead, pleased that the two were following him with little complaint. Leading them for only a couple of minutes, a distinctive building quickly came to view. Definitely a "newer" building, it had the solid no-frills construction, characteristic of the more northern griffon houses. A single door could be seen on street level, but seemed to only be a service entrance. The true entryway was on the roof; a small landing pad and passage down to the tavern was present.

"Land on the pad, it's more then solid enough to bear your weight. I'll lead you down."
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacov Chillfeathers Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:40 pm

Jacov noted the Northr architecture. He had studied the culture after all. The bar seemed plain on the inside but he was sure was full of seedier characters on the inside. It was best to keep unpopular opinions out of such places lest you end up on the wrong side of a sword. He helped Ida land and said quietly so the guard wouldn't hear "Be careful here."
Jacov Chillfeathers
Jacov Chillfeathers
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:11 pm

Ida lands next to Jacov and makes a little curtsey. "Thanks, Jacov and don't worry. I think I know how to behave, so I won't get into trouble." she says with a smile. The building seems to be constructed for griffons only or at least for flying beings only. She follows the soldier and Jacov to the entrance.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:55 pm

Leading them to the doorway, the sergeant didn't break his stride; pushing the hinged door aside with a shoulder. Regardless if they followed him or not, he would continue down into the tavern itself.

Northr taverns were very interesting in their construction, in that it almost looked like a nest, or roost on the interior. Instead of tables surrounding a bar, on a one dimensional floor, the "booths" were built on the walls, little rooms embedded in an almost honeycomb pattern.

There was indeed a bar, along with a couple tables on the ground; however, this was to entertain the rare pony guest to the establishment.

"Welcome to the newly established Crashwake Tavern. We'll be sitting there-" he pointed to an empty booth closer to them, midway along the wall. "make yourselves comfortable, while I tell the barkeep that we've arrived."
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacov Chillfeathers Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:13 pm

Jacov nodded and headed towards the nest-like hollow. As he sat down, he motioned to the tables. "Meant for ponies. Even griffons who extremely dislike them are starting to see it as more business. More evidence for my theory." he said pointing it out.
Jacov Chillfeathers
Jacov Chillfeathers
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:08 am

Ida follows Jacov to the nest-like booth and sits down."But you have to remember, that aslo many Kingdom ponies are here in Manehattan and they're more tollerated by the griffons as the others." she says as she looks over the room. "I just hope the sergeant won't get us drunk. It would be very embarrassing, if someone pukes on Feliks talons." she says with a chuckle.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:21 pm

After talking with the owner for a few moments, trading secretive whispers about the two civilians seated above.

(note: Jacov and Ida cannot hear this, however this is just for the sake of story)
"Have you got the rest of the guards posted around?" Staghaus muttered to the burly griffon behind the bar.

"Aye, your guards are around the bar. Your VIG's are safe 'ere."

The young guard paused for a second, looking pensively at the two.

"I heard things, about those two. They say that the blue-feathered one was a noble in Aeryie."

The bartender looked at them as well.

"Keep an eye on them Klein... those Aeryie griffons aren't to be trusted. Here's the bottle you asked for." Passing the sergeant a bottle of crystal clear liquid. Picking up a rag, he suddenly became very interested in cleaning a faded stain on the counter, looking at Jacov and Ida in his peripheral vision.

Flying up, the sergeant put on a smile, and his gravelly voice "broke the ice".

"Now, you two, I have pure "Tsar's Ice" vodka for you two. Only the best, to such fine company!"
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacov Chillfeathers Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:37 pm

Jacov nodded politely. He knew it was unwise, but he needed to test the waters, as it were. "Um, if it isn't too much trouble, I'm not really thirsty." He said calmly, looking away. He knew it was risky, but he might just get out of a drinking session if he was lucky.
Jacov Chillfeathers
Jacov Chillfeathers
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:56 am

Ida smiles politely as the sergeant offers her a drink. "I guess it would be unpolite to refuse a drink, but I think it's in your interest not to make us drunk. I don't think Feliks would like it, if two drunk Aeyries would appear to the meeting."she says with a chuckle. It has been a long time since she drank the last time and she fears she's out of practice and that her polite behavior will get her into a not so nice situation.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:07 pm

Staghaus gave a small smile. "I insist you have a drink. This was very expensive for me, and it is quite impolite to refuse such a gift..."

Putting the bottle down, he produced two well-worn metal mugs from his satchel. "Drink."
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:40 pm

Ida looks at the two mugs and then back to Staghaus. "I only count two mugs. Aren't you going to drink something?" she says and grabs one mug. "Well, even if I think it's quiet unpolite not to drink with us, I guess your duties forbid it."
"Hail to the Tsar and Feliks, who will hopefully keeps his promises." she says and raises her mug.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:19 pm

The sergeant chuckled at Ida's words.

"Oh, do not worry, I will be drinking as well. I know you Aeryie's prefer your drink in goblets, not bottles!"

He poured some of the vodka into Ida's mug deftly as she rose it, and poured some more into the second, which he thrust in Jacov's direction.

"Drink."
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacov Chillfeathers Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 pm

Jacov saw that this wasn't a hoice he was being given. It was drink or be horribly mangled by every patron in the bar....Okay maybe not every patron. But it still wasn't a good idea to refuse at this point. He raised the mug and shouted. "To the Tsar and Feliks!" He said. However his thoughts were elsewhere. What in Tartarus do you have planned Feliks?
Jacov Chillfeathers
Jacov Chillfeathers
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:35 am

Ida chugs the vodka and coughs. "Woha...that's some good vodka." she say with a chuckle, still trying to catch her breath. She puts the mug back on the table and looks to the sergeant. "So, anything planned or do we stay here and drink untill the meeting?" she asks.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:48 am

Staghaus smiled at Jacov.

"Please, your words ring hollow to this soldier's ears. I suspect you two have no great love for the Tsar."

Taking a small swig, the sergeant made it seem like he drank much more.

"You do not have to drink anymore. However... a meal should be arriving shortly. Just something to keep your appetites sated."
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacov Chillfeathers Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:58 am

Jacov raised a talon to object then lowered it. The griffon had seen right through his ruse. He was more than meets the eye it seemed. And this scared the griffon more than anything. He quit drinking after the first gulp. He knew there had to be something else in this. It didn't seem random enough. And that also worried Jacov.
Jacov Chillfeathers
Jacov Chillfeathers
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:51 pm

Ida pushes her mug torwards Staghaus, signaling him that she wants one more drink. "I admit he isn't flawless, but which ruler is that?" she say in a lowered voice. The last thing she could need would be some drunk griffon patriots attacking her for some critic. "But I think he's a good ruler. After all he pays for my studies and gives me the equipment."
A smile appears on her face as she hears about the meal. "A second free meal. Can this day get any better?" she says with a chuckle.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:13 pm

Staghaus nodded in Ida's direction, and filled her mug carefully.

"Yes, the Tsar is a good leader. However... I think we both know that the Tsar is not funding your "studies", hmm?"

He set the bottle down.

"No, that would be our shared benefactor."
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacov Chillfeathers Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:21 pm

Jacov nodded. "I was rather surprised when Feliks called me to the meeting. I'm just a writer after all." He said, with modesty.
Jacov Chillfeathers
Jacov Chillfeathers
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:33 pm

Ida takes a small sip from her mug and narrows her eyes. "What do you mean with "studies"?"
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:53 pm

Staghaus nonchalantly grinned.

"Oh, beg pardon. It seems I spoke rashly. I have no idea what studies you refer to Aeryie. You see, the vodka is playing tricks on my already addled mind."

His smile suggested truth, broad and friendly. Maybe this guard really did make an innocent assumption? But, if one looked at his eyes, his face, they would notice that friendly smile didn't quite meet his eyes, and those eyes... cold and calculating, told that he knew much, much more about these two Aeryie griffons then they knew of him.

"Ah, there is our boar now. Thank you, Luisa."

A pretty female griffoness flew up to the booth, bearing a platter of roast boar and fresh fruit.

"Merci, seigneur." She smiled and giggled at the soldier. "Have a pleasant meal."

With that she flew off, leaving the three to their booth.
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacov Chillfeathers Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:16 pm

Jacov looked to the boar. It was well done, and apparently specially made. There wasn't something quite right with this griffon. He was...off. He was the kind of griffon you didn't leave your chick with.
Jacov Chillfeathers
Jacov Chillfeathers
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:32 am

Ida takes another sip from her mug and looks at Staghaus. This griffon knows more than he pretends and he can say what he want, but he looks like a griffon, who can cope some booze."So what are your plans sergeant Staghaus?" Ida thinks just as the meal arrives.
"Oh boy!" she says. "That looks like a delicious boar. I never heard of bars that make such delicious meals for their costumers." It really surprised Ida, but she guesses that it has something to do with Feliks or sergeant Staghaus himself. She can't really think why Jacov and her are treated so well. Except...except Feliks wants her favor, before he asks them to do something horrible. Ida shakes her head. "Ida, you think too much." she
thinks and concentrates at the boar again.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:58 pm

Taking a sharp, single-edged knife from his belt, Staghaus gracefully cut the side of the boar, placing the pork in his beak immediately. Tilting his head up, he swallowed the still-steaming slice with a snap of his beak.

Taking a third mug, he poured himself one finally.

"Dig in, this is on Feliks' tab, friends!" He laughed heartily.
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacov Chillfeathers Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:04 am

Jacov eyed the boar and politely took a good slice. He was glad that this particular meat wasn't sapient. He didn't like the thought of eating something that could speak and form coherent thoughts. Though in general he tended to avoid meat in general. He'd make an exception for now, since Staghaus was watching. He found this meat was actually quite tender. It was quite good as far as meat went. Obviously Feliks wants those in his employ, to ensure that they stay that way.
Jacov Chillfeathers
Jacov Chillfeathers
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:47 pm

Staghaus rended another slice of meat from the boar, swallowing it whole.

"So, Aeryies, what is your chosen profession? I imagine you must be talented at what you do, if Commander Feliks pays attention."

He raised an eyebrow, putting an amused expression on his face.
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:26 pm

Ida puts a piece of meat on her plate and slices it in bite-sized portions like she was teached as a young griffoness, before she eats them. She swallows a piece of meat before she talks. "I'm a scientist. Specialized on plants and their healing effects." she pauses and eats another piece of meat." But I guess you already knew that. Somegriffon think that I'm rather popular, but I think this is only partially true."Ida stops. She doesn't want to insult Staghaus by calling him dumb or something like that, so she probably should stop talking now before she says something stupid.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacov Chillfeathers Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Jacov nods, and politely eats a chunk of meat. "Cultural Analyst. I've written several subjects on the topics of the various cultures in the Kingdoms." said Jacov, looking towards Stag. "And what about you? Do you normally do escort or gaurd work?"
Jacov Chillfeathers
Jacov Chillfeathers
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Staghaus tilted his head at Ida. "Now, I did not know that you specialized in plants! Is it an interesting field-"

He looked at Jacov, hearing his question. "I normally work as a humble guard, Aeryie. A bit of law-enforcing here, escort duty over there... it really is quite boring, to tell the truth."
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacov Chillfeathers Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:26 pm

"Oh come on. Im sure you have at least a few adventurous tales." said Jacov, looking hopeful for such a story. The alcohol was getting to him, but it by no means made him less suspicious. Just more cautious with whom he made enemies with.
Jacov Chillfeathers
Jacov Chillfeathers
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:37 pm

Ida finishes her frist slice of meat and puts another slice on her plate. "This meat is very good. My compliments to the cook.." she says and empties her mug with one gulp. She shivers lightly. "Hugh...apart from that this is a very good vodka I prefer Applejack Daniels."
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:00 pm

Staghaus have an amicable laugh at Ida and Jacov's combined words.

"That piss-water is pony drink. Not strong enough." He grinned at his jibe, and looked at Jacov with the smile still on his face. "No, no adventures for this soldier. Only boring duties for this one. Alas, though, I think we are out of vodka again. I will get another."

He turned to the bar, and gave a soft "come over here" wave. Turning back to the two Aeryie's, he smiled in an attempt to be friendly. "I'm sure you two have adventures, plenty stories of scientists roaming about."

Inside, Staghaus was laughing. The two Aeryie's were playing right into his talons, their ease of trust was more then satisfactory... soon it would be time to play his part in the Commander's plot.
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacov Chillfeathers Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Jacov shook his head. "Cultural Analyst? Not much to tell. I have stories but adventurous they are not. Excepet maybe...No I shouldn't go into detail about that." he said with a chuckle and a drink.
Jacov Chillfeathers
Jacov Chillfeathers
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:10 pm

Ida shrugs lightly as she eats her second slice of meat. "I still like the taste of it more and it's easy to get here. Does this bar have whiskey from the Kingdom?." she asks and begins to chuckle as she hears Staghaus question. "Well, if plants could talk I bet they would have intersting stories to tell, but sadly they don't and so I don't have any good stories to tell. I'm sorry."
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:40 pm

"Bah, it looks as if we are all boring folk, yes?"

Staghaus laughed merrily, and looked out the corner of his eye at the bar. Seeing the barmaid fly up, he looked to the two griffons, satisfied.

"I'm sure the bartender will have any Kingdom's brew you desire, dear frau." He turned to Jacov, all smiles and cheer. "Anything for you, or will you drink what your mate drinks, friend?"
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacov Chillfeathers Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:43 am

Jacov looked to Stag. He heard the slight emphasis on the word 'mate'. "Yes, if you would please." he said to Stag. He felt defensive about the issue...despite the fact he had hardly known her for a day. So he decided not to confirm nor deny it for the time being. He himself didn't know.
Jacov Chillfeathers
Jacov Chillfeathers
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:30 pm

Ida has to be careful how much she drinks. She doesn't want to lose Staghaus sympathy by denying his offers, but she also doesn't want to get drunk and maybe say something that could get her into trouble. She chuckles inwarldy. What would that be? That she treats her slave not like scum? Or that she doesn't hate everypony? But that should be kinda obvious since she's an Aeryie.
And besides that Ida wouldn't betray the Tsar or Feliks. They have enough power to destroy her whole life and she won't risk that.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:29 pm

The sergeant waited for Luisa, the barmaid, and smiled when she arrived.

"Yes, Luisa, may you bring my friends and I some fine Dunwhyte Whiskey. Some brandy for myself, if you would."

Staghaus produced a bag of coin for the griffoness, and passed it to her, smiling broadly. Turning back to the two griffons, he winked at Ida.

"Your drink will be here shortly, miss Fjolnir."

Unbeknownst to the two griffons, Staghaus had secreted a note in the bag of coin;

As planned, switch my brandy with a non-alcoholic mixture. The note read. Chuckling inwardly at his plan, he looked to the Aeryies.

"So, what do you know about your liquors?"
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacov Chillfeathers Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:42 pm

Jacov shrugged. "Not much. I've been alot of places, but I tended to observe, not partake in such things. Do I do enjoy a drink from time to time." he said, with a chuckle. "Preferably a sweet wine, if I can manage to find the right one."
Jacov Chillfeathers
Jacov Chillfeathers
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Ida chuckles. "I could tell you how to make whiskey or almost any other alcohol, but I don't know much about their history, neither have I any funny stories involving alcohol." She leans a bit torwards Staghaus. "But I bet you have some interesting stories. I mean soldiers drink a lot, don't they?"
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Manehatten Guard Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:16 pm

The sergeant smiled mischievously. "Oh, I have no stories miss Fjolnir. I am quite boring, I assure you. No, the only thing interesting about me is my knowledge of fine liquor, and airship racing- oh, foolish me, forget I said that." he winked at Ida and chuckled. "I hope you enjoy your whiskey, Dunwhyte is a classic in my home city."
Manehatten Guard
Manehatten Guard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:56 pm

Ida chuckles. Drinking and gambling.Two things she expects from a soldier, but even Ida is slightly interested in airship racing. Not enough to gamble or know the top five of the best ships, but enough to know some ships planned by Aeryies. "So, airship racing, huh? What's your favorite ship? Mine is the 'Falchom'. A pretty nice ship. Very agile."
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next