MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Clear Business Proposal

2 posters

Go down

The Clear Business Proposal Empty The Clear Business Proposal

Post by Clear Skies Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Nov 17th
Early Afternoon

Clear was simply perusing the undermarket before going to see her patient. The sheer amount of ponies here was overwhelming. The streets in this particular part of the city were crowded. Ponies were shouting there wares at the passer bys trying to sell their items. This was definitely a seedy part of the city, but it was alive and vibrant, even more so than the above ground markets. Whether that was due to freedom or the illegality of the selling was debatable. Clear walked the streets not looking for anything in particular, but sticking out, and constantly being hassled because of it. Bright coat colors and glasses were apparently rare.
Clear Skies
Clear Skies
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

The Clear Business Proposal Empty Re: The Clear Business Proposal

Post by Pike Vanguard Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:45 pm

This was the first time Pike had been in the Undermarket. He had planned to do a little research on activities down here, but he was increasingly becoming bored. Most of the ponies were selling wares not available to non-rebels but they were mundane sundries that are simply regulated above-ground. Still, the tan pony was determined to get something out of his trip. He had to persuade a client to get him in touch so he was not going to let his boredom get the best of him this visit.

Pike had been taking notes on a notepad with a pen in his mouth. Stumbling along on three hooves he surprisingly had not noticed the bright, spectacled pegasus he was about to colide into.
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Accountant/Info seller

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear Skies Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:53 pm

Clear was similarly occupied with the shop keepers and didn't notice him either. She bumped into the stallion, her glasses popping off. "Oooowoah!" She exclaimed as they fell off. "Shoot where did they go?" she asked to herself mostly but loud enough so that he would hear her.
Clear Skies
Clear Skies
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Vanguard Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:06 pm

Pike, who is a bit heavy set, only rocked back and forth a few inches. His vision was fuzzy and he felt his cross a little. He wrinkled his nose to find a pair of glasses resting askew on his snout. "Um..." He looked down to find his notepad bent on the ground and his pen rolling slowly away from him as if the pen itself was embarrassed of the situation. Pulling the glasses off of his face, he calmly spoke "Ma'am, are these yours?" Looking at the brightly colored pony and gesturing at the specs.
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear Skies Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:15 pm

Clear saw the fuzzy outline of a brown pony in front of her. "If they are my glasses, why yes I believe they are." She said still unsure about the shape. She could hardly see anything much less the pony in front of her.
Clear Skies
Clear Skies
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Vanguard Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:29 pm

Pike held out the glasses in front of her. He hesitated and then placed them on her face for her just to skip a step. "Sorry about that, I'm usually much more aware of my surroundings. I guess I just got wrapped up in my research" He finally gave a good look at the pegasus in front of him. He chortled, "You don't really look like you belong in the sewers with these peddlers either. What brings you down here?" Pike was clearly curious about this mare.
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear Skies Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:38 pm

Clear looked around nervously till the glasses were placed on.her face. She looked around then at the pony before her. "Oh...Um..Just about to go see a patient." She said and got better look at him."And this is actually my first time down here..." She said still nervous.
Clear Skies
Clear Skies
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Vanguard Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:49 pm

"Ah, I see..." Pike said unsurprised. "Would you like to stick together in the meantime, put our heads together as it were until you get to your patient? You're a doctor I assume?"
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear Skies Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Clear nodded, unsure about this ordeal. However, she could tell he wasn't the type to be in the undermarket. "I suppose that would be fine... And I'm doctor of sorts. Im a physco-therapist. I help people solve their mental health problems." she says clearly an precisely.
Clear Skies
Clear Skies
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Vanguard Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:19 pm

Pike motioned for her to lead on. "I've been told that everypony needs a good shrink once in a while. I haven't had use for one, but I work with a few families who have relatives who have not taken the occupation well." Pike stopped to think about what he had said. "They're not ill, I should say, but disturbed none the less." He cleared his throat in emphasis. "Me, on the other hoof, just business as usual. It's your first time underground, so where do you work usually?" Pike asked with an overly inquisitive tone.
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear Skies Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:22 pm

Somewhat suspicious, she continued. "Well after business dried up in baltimare...I came here. Im still looking for a place to start up...and the bits to do so.." she said with a sigh.
Clear Skies
Clear Skies
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Vanguard Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:39 pm

Pike squinted, giving her another look. "Do you have any clients that are in need of an..." Pike shot his eyes open and smiled, "An accountant? Somepony to watch their books and make gentle suggestions on how to manage their bits?" Pike put a hoof on his notebook and tossed it in his small saddle bag. "I'm more than willing to help with your practice if you have any um... Important clients you could introduce me to." Pike produce a pouch ever so slightly from the bag. "I have been saving for an occasion like this."
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear Skies Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:53 pm

Clear's eyes lit up, all sense of nervousness now gone. "Well, important beings tend to seek therapy, and I don't see why recommending them an accountant. I just need to find a place and have a few nick nacks!" she said excitedly. Her search for a place to setup shop seemed like it might be drawing near. She could barely contain her excitement.
Clear Skies
Clear Skies
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Vanguard Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:40 pm

Pike pulled out the pouch with his teeth, placed it between his front hooves. He then spent a few moments scribbling something on the notepad with his pen.

After a minute or so he spat out the pen unceremoniously onto the pad and hoofed it over to Clear. "I just want to get this on paper, I'm sure you'll understand."

The paper read:
'The signing party will hereby transfer important clientele to a one Mr. Pike Vanguard for review, examination and subsequent financial treatment. In return, the party will be granted four hundred (400) bits as an initial investment forward and subsequent ten per cent (%10) of Mr. Pike Vanguard's weekly accountant assets, post-tax.' There was a space to sign underneath Pike's signature which looked like a dozen or so loops with a 'V' somewhere in the middle.
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear Skies Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:23 pm

Clear looked at the paper skeptically. This was her chance to get her life on track. However it came at the expense of this seedy business pony. She eyed him quickly, seeing if he was lying in any way. The relaxed behavior, his eyes bright, but not showing contraction. It pointed to simplicity and truth. And all he needed was some high profile clients. That couldn't be guaranteed, but it wasn't out of the question, in a place like manehattan. She sighed. "Fine" she said, taking the pen and quickly jotting her name. Unlike Pike her beginning letters from her name were quite large, the rest being proper cursive.
Clear Skies
Clear Skies
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Vanguard Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:38 am

Pike smiled a genuine, but nearly sardonic, smile. "I don't want to be cliché, but I am certain you will not regret this." He lightly kicked the bag of coins to Clear, the bits clattered within and the bag slumped by her hooves. Pike took a close look at the contract. "So, Miss Skies, where do you plan to set up shop now that you have an advance?" inquired Pike.
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear Skies Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:26 am

Clear looked to the bits, a bit surprised he carried them with him. She looked up after taking the bits to answer his question. "Somewhere in downtown, or one of the districts. I'll most likely end up buying/renting a storefront or office building. It needs to have the right...doctoral feel to it, if that makes any sense." she said, somewhat quickly.
Clear Skies
Clear Skies
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Vanguard Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:42 am

Pike scratched something quick on his notepad before returning it to his bag. "Wherever you go, let me know where I can find you," Pike casually stated. "I would prefer to have our meetings face-to-face in your office." He pondered for a moment and then nodded his head, "Yes, the same goes for contacting me, please do not send any notes or mail to the addresses I live." He handed over the new paper, containing an address in the West District. "I don't want the families I live with get involved with my other clients," lowering his voice, "plus, I certainly do not want a paper trail."
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear Skies Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:56 am

Clear nodded. "I'll be sure to notify you as soon as possible." she said, adding another layer of suspicion that he didn't want a paper trail. She thoughtfully nodded. "Thank you, Mr.Vanguard. Your investment will not be forgotten." she said, thoughtfully.
Clear Skies
Clear Skies
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Vanguard Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Pike relaxed. He had never thought that visiting the Undermarket would be so fortuitous. He certainly wouldn't get the same luck waltzing around the Griffon Headquarters. He chuckled to himself, maybe he could have struck a deal with some pony behind bars. It wouldn't be the first time either.

He snapped out of his thoughts, looking up at the sincere blue pony. "Nor will I forget it, Miss Skies." He smiled, "Now if you'll excuse me I have another engagement, I'm sure you have to get to your appointment. I will see you when I can." He held out his front right hoof for a shake.
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Clear Skies Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:31 pm

Clear took the hoof and shook it firmly. "Until we meet again." She said, with certainty that they would in fact meet again under some semblance of regular circumstances.
Clear Skies
Clear Skies
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Vanguard Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:10 pm

Pike briskly walked in the opposite direction, away from Clear Skies with the single thought of getting out of the Undermarket somehow.
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down