MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Corroborate a Deal[private][dated]

2 posters

Go down

Let's Corroborate a Deal[private][dated] Empty Let's Corroborate a Deal[private][dated]

Post by Pike Vanguard Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:08 am

18th of November, Evening

The stink was unbearable. Maybe it was cleaner when I came here yesterday afternoon, thought Pike. His hooves were unbearably soggy from clearing rubble and refuse in order to access the sewer grate that he was spying out of. Why would the resistance set up shop beneath the most foul parts of Manehattan was beyond him. He didn't stop to think that Griffons would also be deterred from entering, afraid to get their claws and paws greasy and nasty.

He arrived a little earlier than five o'clock just so he could see if Sticks was true to his word. Could still be a trap, he thought, albeit an elaborate one. In spite of the odor he was both anxious and excited. He might have his first paying customer tonight and that was something to look forward to.

Pike wrinkled his nose, "Better in here than out on the street," he said as he continued to stare down the street through steel bars.
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Accountant/Info seller

Back to top Go down

Let's Corroborate a Deal[private][dated] Empty Re: Let's Corroborate a Deal[private][dated]

Post by SticksNStones Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:06 pm

*Sticks found the street Pike had told him about. He looked around, seeing only a sewer grate and a street around him* That fat old stallion was just shitting me, wasn't he? *He mumbled to himself.*
SticksNStones
SticksNStones
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel
Profession: Criminal

Back to top Go down

Let's Corroborate a Deal[private][dated] Empty Re: Let's Corroborate a Deal[private][dated]

Post by Pike Vanguard Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:56 am

Pike became overly excited at seeing the familiar brown pony looking around in the street. So excited that he jumped and knocked his forehead into the grate in front of him, causing a loud 'clang' to ring out into the street. Rubbing his forehead in frustrated pain and hoping he didn't make too much noise, he piped up. "Mister StickNStones! Over here!" he said in a loud whisper. Pike attempted to push open the grate, although it proved to be much harder from the inside of the sewer.
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SticksNStones Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:28 am

*Sticks looked over to the sewer grate when he heard the clang, and noticed Pike struggling to lift it.* There you are. I was worried you'd set me up. *He walked over to the grate and picked it up with little effort.*
SticksNStones
SticksNStones
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Vanguard Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:42 pm

Pike attempted to conceal his anxiety with a laugh. "The feeling is mutual, come on down. Mind the wet spots and the smell." He was starting to get the feeling that this gruff pony was not one for formal business relationships. No matter, Sticks seemed new to the city and willing to trust him as much as Pike trusted Sticks. He hopped down from the ledge he had been propped up on to make room for the tough brown pony. "Well, you can avoid the wet at least," he said, wrinkling his nose.
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SticksNStones Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:18 pm

*Sticks was unaffected by the smells of the sewer as he entered. Having lived in a swamp for the first decade or so of his life, and close to rotting corpses for the rest, his sense of smell was all but gone.* So, is this where we're going to discuss the terms?
SticksNStones
SticksNStones
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Vanguard Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:43 am

"No no no no," Pike quickly responded. "Although we may discuss a few things as we walk to the busier areas. At this time of night most merchants are closing up but I wanted the resulting din to drown out our own conversation." He gestured in front of him, bidding Sticks to walk with him and not behind. "In the meantime, I would like to get to know a little about you, Mister Stones. I don't frequent bars often but you seem like a new face," said Pike.
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SticksNStones Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:52 pm

Good, I was worried for a moment. Let's start moving then.
SticksNStones
SticksNStones
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Vanguard Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:04 pm

Pike was silent for the next few minutes. He was focusing on following the proper signs to find the Undermarket. He would occasionally look at Sticks to make sure the brown pony was not up to anything suspicious. After a while, Pike paid attention to the path more than his companion. They were almost to some merchants and could hear the bustle in the distance.
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SticksNStones Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:22 pm

*Sticks looked to his companion* How close are we?
SticksNStones
SticksNStones
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Vanguard Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:36 pm

Pike looked back at Sticks with a grin. "We're here." He pointed to a dark corner, "Or at least we would be last night, some businesses have moved down the hall it seems." He tried not to look confused, his smile wiping from his face. "We can start our business now while we get there, if you would like. We're pretty deep into the underground."

Pike slowed his pace. "So, you mentioned you might need some information from me?" he asked.
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SticksNStones Sat May 04, 2013 12:36 pm

Yeah. *Sticks looks around* I'm looking to join in the rebellion. I've asked around in bars and on the street, but that just got me weird looks and too much attention. I'm not subtle, but you look like you might be. So I need you to tell me where I have to go to join.
SticksNStones
SticksNStones
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Vanguard Sun May 05, 2013 2:45 am

Pike looked at Sticks and stifled a chuckle. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to be crass." He moved up closer to Sticks as if he had a secret to tell the tougher pony. "Most secret organizations only want subtle members." Pike stepped back, not wanting to offend the more formidable pony any further than he might have. "I can understand your situation though, sometimes a pony has to go to the source in order to be taken seriously. And I can tell you are serious about joining them."

Pike looked away to consider something for a moment. With a brief, "Hmm," he made up his mind. "I'm not a part of the rebellion nor do I have any intent to join them, but you are in the right place to meet one of the members." The tan pony pointed down a few halls. "You should be able to find vendors and follow them and ask around. I hear no Griffons or any ponies affiliated with them ever get down here." He looked back to Sticks. "You might have to spend the night down here though, success doesn't come quick in Manhattan."
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down