MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lost and Found {SCRAPPEEEEER}

3 posters

Go down

lost and Found {SCRAPPEEEEER} Empty lost and Found {SCRAPPEEEEER}

Post by Lance Sun May 19, 2013 5:26 pm

November 16: morning

Lance slowly peeled himself off his cot, stretched, and stood still for a moment. ...Nope. he dropped right back onto his cot, fading back to sleep, before his eyes shot right open Oh wait! I need to... see... sil... vern...zzzzzzz

About a minute of passing out later, Lance immediately shot up, willing against his will, and trotted forward, with not much to leave behind him. The "streets" of the undermarket were bustled with morning ponies once more, each on their own objectives and directives for the day. slightly above, Scintillance stood at the edge of one of the homes' rooftop, looking bellow. His horn glowed, and his newly invented (fresh from just earlier before) conjuration, the Avian had formed. Lance hopped on, glided down to ground area, and dissolved his air-ride, attracting a lot of attention in the process. Lance didn't mind, however; he was no assassin, or rogue, like his compatriots; he could roam the public as he pleased.

Lance started a mad Dash through the streets, hoping not to knock anypony over. Hoping.

Last edited by Scintillance on Sun May 19, 2013 6:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet
Alignment: Does not like Griffins
Profession: Conjurer/Poet/Assistant at tje Magic Eye store

Back to top Go down

lost and Found {SCRAPPEEEEER} Empty Re: lost and Found {SCRAPPEEEEER}

Post by Scrapper Sun May 19, 2013 5:49 pm

Scrapper waited, and waited, and waited some more. The whole night actually, he could wait longer if he had to. Patience is such a virtue. That and the mild entertainment he got from other ponies being clumsy. And that brown pony that he was obviously looking for. And that- Oh for-! that was him!
Scrapper proceeded to shadow him, in darkness being a shadow was hard. especially if you can't go into the light. But luckily, light was easy to track. He followed Lance through the streets, and through the tunnels until he eventually came to whatever destination he was in such a hurry to get to.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet
Alignment: Shadowsun
Profession: Big, tough, badass everybody wants to be

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun May 19, 2013 6:04 pm

Lance rushed through the undermarket, and took a turn to the deeper tunnels. seemingly stopping for no reason, Lance gazed around, searching for seemingly nothing, until one of the cave walls suddenly opened up, letting Lance right through. They closed right behind him.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Sun May 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Scrapper seen the wall that opened up, It was a door of some kind. Leading somewhere further on. Now he wanted to know what was there, but he was best of waiting until Lance left. It wasn't the wisest thing to do, getting caught snooping around.

So, it was back to waiting. And waiting, for a bunch of the day again.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun May 19, 2013 6:45 pm

The "door" opened once more, and Scintillance waved good bye to somepony inside, as he stepped out. He trotted through the tunnels, back towards the main undermarket. Though, he couldn't help the feeling of being watched...
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Sun May 19, 2013 6:50 pm

Scrapper hid from Lance until he was gone, then approached where Lance appeared from. It looked like a wall from a distance because it was way to dark, and he was too far away to get a good look. He examined it more, nothing special. Just looked like a very sturdy door to him. He had to take some care with this, it's wasn't the first time he seen someone's life end because of unseen magic traps. He thought about trying to force it but then again that's what you'd expect from trespassers. A trap could be made from that fact. He backed away a bit to get a look at the whole thing, examining it at a distance. Too bad it didn't look like there was any obvious traps.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Mon May 20, 2013 3:14 pm

It was only when Scintillance left that Silvern noticed an oddity. Something was missing... Sill standing right behind her front door she concentrated on her magical senses and checked through the signals the artifacts around her were sending. Security systems came first, and so she quickly found out what irked her. Despite Scintillance passing through the tunnel outside, none of her proximity sensors was sending. A defect? That, or it has gone missing completely. She gave a pulse through her necklace to get a better view and was shocked to notice the presence of a pony that was NOT Scintillance. And this pony stepped in front of the door. The shop has been found by a stranger. Quickly Silvern went through the possibilities she had. She could trigger the trap in the door manually and bury that pony. But... No! She couldn't kill him without knowing that he really had bad intentions. And apart from killing somepony, she would also block the entrance completely with a load of earth and rocks. She still had her escape route though.

What else was there? She'd have to question him, and for that she'd have to subdue him. She wasn't a fighter, and though she had means to defend herself against magic, her power wasn't enough to inflict much damage herself. She wasn't a threat in a fight. At least not alone, but here in her home she was in the constant company of countless artifacts. There were other traps as well, not all of them were deadly. She would have to let him inside, but then she had some leverage.

Before she could make a decision, the earth pony moved away from the door, out of Sil's normal sight range. Powering her necklace a bit more that he had moved to an observing position a bit farther away. Maybe he would lose interest some time? But then he would be an unknown factor in Sil's security. A pony that knew something was here, and that could talk to Celestia knows who about it. No, she had to know what this was about. She concentrated a bit more on him, and couldn't believe that she had missed something big in her panic. The pony had some kind of artifact with him. Could it possibly be that he was actually here for Sil's services? One more reason not to kill him. With an uneasy feeling Sil retreated into the selling room and told the system to go on alert. The lights went out, as did all artifacts that weren't involved in security, and all doors closed and locked. Also, the traps in the short passage between front door and the door to the selling room were active. Another mental command forced the traps to deactivate again, and the front door opened to the watching pony. Hopefully, he would accept the invitation.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Artifact Merchant

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Mon May 20, 2013 3:41 pm

You know somethings up when a perfectly solid door opens up for no reason, but then again, Lance could have made it do that. He wouldn't know, he's not a Unicorn. But it was dark, no lights where on. Great. But you know what, it seemed clear. No activity or anything.
He took one step past the door and looked cautiously around, still nothing to be seen. What could Lance possibly do here? Unless this was where he was holding up. He went back out and grabbed the biggest rock he could find and placed it in front of the door so it couldn't shut behind him. He finally went past the door and was a few steps away from it now, taking each step slowly whilst observing everything around him.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Mon May 20, 2013 4:59 pm

Sil noticed nervously that her plan worked, the pony was coming. Well, it worked until the door didn't respond to the closing command. The pony had blocked the door, Sil hadn't thought of that. What to do now? The traps had to get back up again. No, only one trap. One that wouldn't permanently harm him. And he was just in the right position, having arrived at the end of the short corridor. Unseen by him a milky white crystal on Sil's side gave a sharp glow in response to Sil's command to get back up again, it had activated right into the state of being triggered. What Scrapper could see was a blazing white light filling his vision before the spell he had just been hit did its painful work of disabling most of Scrappers movement.

After seeing the unknown pony go down Sil deactivated the trap again and opened the door. She pulled the disabled stallion into the selling room and then went to the front door to remove the rock that was blocking the door. When it was closed again, she came back, and walked on through the other door of the selling room, into the back rooms. After half a minute she came back with some rope in her mouth, and quickly tied her "guest" up. Once she was done she set down a distance away from him. Can you talk? she asked sternly, feeling way more confident now that she had full control over the situation again.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Mon May 20, 2013 5:08 pm

Scrapper should have expected that, no wait, he shouldn't have. There could have been a hundred more traps in there and he didn't know about them. After reacting to the shock with a quick shout of pain he found himself unable to move his limbs, he could barely move his jaw in the least.
Scrapper heard his captors words and replied jokingly, "How do I... Get myself in these... crappy situations..." making it obvious he could talk whilst hinting at his personality.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Mon May 20, 2013 5:19 pm

Snooping around might be one reason, Silvern suggested, and asked the next question. How did you get here? It's hard to find this place by accident.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Mon May 20, 2013 5:29 pm

Scrapper thought about making something up, he didn't really know if he could fully trust this pony but if Lance was coming here then he had some hope of gaining trust. "Call it... curiosity..." He said, clearly struggling. "I'm a scavenger... I find things... I'm mean't to be curious... It's.. in my nature.."
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Mon May 20, 2013 5:58 pm

Curiosity can get you killed down here, be lucky that you're only paralyzed. And that doesn't answer my question, Silvern rebuked him, but inwardly had to admit that she was kinda curious herself. There was only that one thing that made her suspicious. These tunnels are pretty secluded, and the path is hidden, the last time somepony found this by only wandering around was years ago. I can imagine better excuses.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Mon May 20, 2013 6:11 pm

"What do you... think I did to find... this place...?" He asked sarcastically, "I followed a pony of... course... saw this place and.. got curious... I'm not in much of... a position to lie.. am I?" He began to find it too hard to talk, do paralization effects work over time? He didn't know, but it just got too hard. His goggles were down and his face-mask was still up. He hoped curiosity didn't get the better of her because he wanted his secret to stay that way, if she did he couldn't protest anymore.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Mon May 20, 2013 7:01 pm

Silvern noticed how difficult speech was for him and stopped the questions for a while. The lights were still out, and with the little movement Sil did a soft humming could be heard from the back rooms, Sil's generator was currently picking out a lot of energy.

After about ten minutes Sil finally broke the silence again. The paralysis should have started to wear off by now, so let's continue our talk, she said in the same stern voice from before. There was only one pony to follow and he arrived in the morning. You waited the whole day. That's more than curiosity.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Mon May 20, 2013 7:23 pm

Scrapper could talk, and move a bit better. but he still felt funny. Not to mention he was tied up pretty well. He felt like he was being interrogated, which.. he was. He needed to think up something, but she had him solid. Nothing he could think up would even sound like the truth, it would be too obvious as a lie. He used some info he caught as he waited in the morning, "Las, I heard about a place that was all about artifacts, I had no bloody idea where it was. But the pony I followed looked late and he wasn't going where most traffic was. So I followed, and waited because I didn't want him to know I followed him. Clearly, I walked into the wrong place..." he sighed.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Mon May 20, 2013 7:50 pm

Silvern kept silent for some time, it wasn't nice for her to hear that she was being talked about in public. She'd have to find out which one of her customers she'd have to scold for that. After giving his explanation some thought, she decided that she only believed part of it. I find the assumption that a random pony looking late might lead to a place about artifacts ridiculous. I think you know that pony.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Mon May 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Damn, she's good. Called him out on pretty much everything. He wasn't the best lair so he couldn't blame himself. But he had one last ditch attempt, "I'm being honest, not many Unicorns are late heading in a completely different direction from everybody else, so I took a chance and followed him. Obviously I messed up and got the wrong place Las, but can you prove me wrong on that? Tell me I'm lying to myself."
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Mon May 20, 2013 8:23 pm

Again a short pause. If you think that is believable you're not living in the Undermarket for long. Anypony heading in any direction down here could be everything, if it's a unicorn or not doesn't matter. He might as well have been on the way to meet his marefriend. A sigh could be heard before she continued. Stop this charade, you're not helping yourself.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Mon May 20, 2013 8:37 pm

"Not bad. I could do a much better job but I won't bother Las. I know him, in fact I've been looking for him. But when I seen him disappear here I did get curious, that is no lie." He did just give up, he had a lot more up his sleeve but she was stubborn as well. In fact he had a game winner for what he had next, but if Lance goes here then there was no point. May as well start with truth telling.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Mon May 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Finally something I can believe, Sil said, still not softening her tone. What is your business with him?
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Mon May 20, 2013 8:55 pm

"Business is a short word, well, he might not see it as any different for now. My partner ended up kicking him off pretty harshly when she was angry. Now we both went out to find him to tell him he wasn't actually being kicked off. Then I seen this little sodding secret." He said directly without revealing the fact that his partner was an assassin.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Mon May 20, 2013 9:24 pm

Silvern thought a moment to put the information pieces together and found a connection. So you're one of Scintillance' mysterious "roommates", she stated her thought. He warned me about you.

At this point the front door of the shop suddenly opened, with which Silvern finally brought at least some light into the room by powering her necklace again. Her initially shocked expression softened quickly when she recognized the signature. The front door closed again, and a female voice could be heard. Sil, are you here?

Yes, come in! And don't be surprised by the guest, Silvern called back, and another unicorn was already coming. Silvern turned the lights on, and finally revealed the room and herself to Scrapper. One look at her eyes should be enough to tell him why she hadn't minded the darkness.

Guest? the green mare asked, but her eyes already fell on Scrapper. She raised an eyebrow and mustered him. Huh, that's unusual. What's an earth pony doing here? She couldn't hold back a smirk.

I'm currently trying to find out, Sil answered before Scrapper could respond. Could you wait in the back rooms please?

Sure. I'll take a look what your new assistant has produced so far, the new arrival said and in response to her turquoise glowing horn the door opened without complaint.

Do that, but don't forget that this was only his second day, Sil called after her and turned her attention back to Scrapper. Her eyes fixed on him and her voice grew stern again. Where were we? Oh, yes, he warned me about you.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Tue May 21, 2013 5:14 am

Great, quick to tell about both him and Shade aren't you Lance. We'll, hopefully he kept it somewhat discreet. When the newcomer showed up, he didn't even need to speak. He gave a nod that basically said, 'Hey, hows it going' despite the situation he was in. Like it was nothing serious.
"Warned huh? Don't worry about it Las, I'm sure he was talking about going near our place. My partner doesn't really like guests. It would be a much harsher greeting than you gave me I imagine."
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Tue May 21, 2013 6:51 am

Yes, that's what he told me, Silvern answered with a small nod. Good answer, but it wasn't enough. You should have gotten yourself noticed when Lance was still here. With one word from him I could release you. But as it is I have no noteworthy reason to trust you. And he's only coming back tomorrow morning, she explained, Scrapper might have a night in ropes before him. If Sil didn't get some basic trust otherwise, and there was still a topic that she wanted to talk about anyway. By the way, what do you have to do with artifacts? She had already taken a close look at the artifact while Scrapper had recovered from the paralysis, but she didn't fully understand it yet, and she wanted to hear a possible explanation from him.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Tue May 21, 2013 1:10 pm

Scrapper noted that, honestly he didn't have much interest in other artifacts but the one he found seemed pretty useful. May as well find out how it works. Maybe even get out of these bonds. "Well, I have something in my bag that ain't bloody normal. It's also very hot. I found out that it burns into stuff and leaves a glowing message or.. whatever you actually do with it. Don't know why. Don't know how."
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Tue May 21, 2013 1:53 pm

So you want it identified? That was a notion Silvern liked. If he was interested in dealing with her, the risk of him causing her trouble was lower. That didn't mean that she freed him from his bounds though. Well, I'll tell you this much since I won't be able to keep it from you anyway if you stay here for the night. You found the place that's "all about artifacts". I can identify the artifact, but that costs 30 percent of the value, she explained, and tried to guess what the item was worth. She couldn't give a good estimation before she didn't know what exactly it did, but it did look complicated. Usually, complicated meant expensive. If you don't have the money, I could also offer to buy it from you, for full value of course, she added.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Tue May 21, 2013 2:06 pm

"Hm, always tempting to get a decent sum of dosh, but even if I didn't really know how this thing works It's still useful to me." He nudged around, but forgot he was tied up. "Oh, right. That make's things difficult. Well, feel free to take a look at it. Judge it's worth, just don't burn yourself with it" He said smugly.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Tue May 21, 2013 3:51 pm

Silvern indeed stood up and came over, but instead of only taking the artifact, she searched all his bags and took everything that could be remotely used as weapon. You'll get it back, but I'm about to untie you, and I won't do that as long as you have any weapons on you, she commented her doing and once she was done she placed the artifact on the table and took the rest into the back rooms. When she came back shortly after, she did as she had said and untied Scrapper. Know that there are still traps between here and the exit, and I wouldn't mind paralyzing you again. To make sure he would learn that she was saying the truth should he try something, the paralyzing trap was set active again. But even if, the front door was still closed, and he wouldn't be able to open it.

Once Scrapper was free to move Sil sat down again, directly next to the artifact and immediately gave her estimation. A proper analysis takes a while, so I can't be sure right now, but it's value should be somewhere between three and five hundred bits. If it's really only good for writing probably nearer to 300.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Tue May 21, 2013 4:07 pm

"Not a problem money wise, but this is some useful kind of writing tool. Apparently one of 3 colours, that represent effects. Don't ask how I know that. I can show you what it does if you want." He offered, still stretching after being tied up. And quite confident in his Close-Quarters fighting to not worry about his weapons too much.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Tue May 21, 2013 4:40 pm

I'll try it out later, Silvern declined, for the moment she knew enough. The rest she would find out in her enchanting room. For now, do you have anything left to tell me that shouldn't reach foreign ears or can I call in Skry again?
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Tue May 21, 2013 4:47 pm

"I like pancakes, does that count? No? Then I think I'm good." He said happily. Literally having nothing left to say.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Tue May 21, 2013 5:09 pm

Again Silvern went into the back rooms and some conversation could be heard before she and the other unicorn came back, Skry levitating a tray with a jug of water and three mugs and placing it on the table. Silvern opened her mouth to introduce her two guests to each other when she noticed that she had no clue how the earth pony was called. Erm, I'm Silvern Gleam, by the way. What's your name?
I'll just call him Skully, Skry said immediately, earning a confused, though still blind, look from Sil.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Tue May 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Scrapper chuckled at the name, he saw what Skry did there. "What am I your pet now? Sure, you can call me that. But if your really professional you can call me by my name, Scrapper."
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Tue May 21, 2013 7:52 pm

Eh, I'm sticking to Skully, Skry answered smirkingly.
Wait a moment! Seeing that nopony was about to explain it to her, Sil interrupted. Skully? she threw the subject of her confusion into the room.
Skull mask, Skry answered as the last letter had left Sil's mouth.
Thanks, Sil said and turned to Scrapper. Anyway, Scrapper, this is Skry, the mare that can tell you what you're thinking before you even know it yourself.
I don't believe it.
What the buck?
That's creepy.

Skry stared at Scrapper intently while she said that, without giving anypony else a chance say something. By the end, she had a very wide grin on her face.
Yes, she's creepy sometimes, Sil added with a slight chuckle.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Tue May 21, 2013 8:00 pm

"No kidding, remind me to put a code-word to my brain. I don't feel safe anymore!" He pointed out sarcastically. Before realizing how off track this went, which prompted him to say, "This went off track quickly, I forgot what we were talking about a few seconds ago."
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Tue May 21, 2013 8:19 pm

Sil thought back for a moment and shrugged. We weren't talking about anything.
As quickly as usual, Skry chimed in. I have something to talk about. Heard about what happened at the griffon HQ last night?
No, I was here the whole day. Griffon HQ? That sounded like interesting news, Sil was all ears.
Then hear this: Apparently somepony killed a patrol around the HQ and wrote a message with the blood. Right in front of their beaks! I don't know the details, but they already have a name for the killer: "The Shadow". Kinda dramatic, if you ask me.
Sil didn't even bother to hide her malicious glee, that sounded like an embarrassing event for the griffons. Mh, I wonder what the message was...
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Tue May 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Scrapper whispered to himself, "What a great definition of 'Incognito' Shade, what the hell were you doing there?" He spent a few moments while Silvern and Skry talked, why was Shade that close to the Griffon HQ? Was she trying to go after.. Blackwing... On cue, he began to heat up, breath heavily and his heart rate increased, his eye's glowed dimly through his goggles and his head gradually got worse. Here we go again, to Silvern however she may be able to sense some magical activity from his event.
He shut his eye's and put a hoof on his head, this was another one of the bad one's. He couldn't help but let out grunting noises from the pain, and he had to kneel down or he'd stumble over.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Tue May 21, 2013 8:52 pm

Scrapper?, the both said at the same time and looked at him, noticing his attack for different reasons. Skry had easily recognized his first signs of pain and was asking out of slight worry. Sil had sensed unusual magical activity in Scrapper's head, and was asking out of confusion. That was normal for unicorns, but not for earth ponies. But quickly the blind unicorn also noticed that Scrapper was in pain.
What's wrong?, Skry asked worriedly.
Magical activity, there's some spell inside his head. I don't recognize it. Skry, get an ice pack, Sil answered, just as worried. The green unicorn stood up and went into the back rooms, while Silvern concentrated on the activity in Scrapper's head. Scrapper, do you know what that spell is?
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Wed May 22, 2013 4:26 am

Scrapper barely heard what Silvern said, he didn't know. He couldn't even try to find out. All he did was shake his head furiously left and right to say, 'I have no friggen' idea!'
What does she mean by spell in his head? Last time he checked he wasn't a unicorn, there's no pointy thing on his head! It makes no sense, but it's not like he could ever try and work it out.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Wed May 22, 2013 7:41 am

The only possibly easy source of information about the spell didn't even know it existed, that left only one possibility for Sil. I'll try to ease the pain, tell me if it works, she said and began attacking parts of the spell. There were several problems with that: She hardly had any power to put to work, she had yet to begin figuring out how the spell works, and the spell was interweaved with the signature of a living being, making the analysis one of the most challenging ones she had so far. She couldn't dream to stop what the spell was meant to do, but with some luck she might be able to ease Scrapper's suffering just a little bit. She targeted some easily accessible energy channels and tried to redirect them a bit, get the energy out of Scrapper's head. But the spell was expertly made, and though Sil managed to drain some of the energy, it was uncertain if it even helped, and she was quickly running out of energy herself.

Skry came back with the requested ice pack and placed it on Scrappers forehead. Wow, you're hot, she tried to make a joke when she noticed just how high Scrapper's body temperature was, but she didn't even amuse herself with it.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Wed May 22, 2013 8:54 am

Scrapper's headache remained unchanged to Sil's attempt to calm it. If it was doing something it wasn't making any hint of difference. Scrapper still had that blood red mist forcing it's way into his vision, though now he seen partial flashes of imagery. Things he didn't recognize or ever see before, things he couldn't remember! That surprised him, but he didn't know what to make of it at the moment.
He did, however, hear what Skry said. And couldn't help but force words out of his mouth, "Wow, that's cute." As a simple, sarcastic response to her attempt at making such a joke, even though it didn't help the situation. It reminded him about how he tends to joke about things in any situation, all the time.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Wed May 22, 2013 12:15 pm

I'm out of magic, Sil said as her horn flickered out, after only a few seconds of casting. And with her magic, most of her usefulness was gone as well.
What now? Skry asked, feeling just as helpless. There was no good idea suddenly coming to her mind like she was used to, she had now clue what to do. And it was something magical anyway, that was Silvern's metier.
I don't know. I'd need days to figure this spell out. If I even _can_ figure it out. Sil was obviously frustrated that all she could do was watch.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Wed May 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Once he lost sight of the images, on cue with Sil's loss of magic ability. It came back hard, he felt it surge immensely that it caused him scream in pain and he fall over, curling up into a ball and holding his head.
After that surge took a toll on his mind, even after it calmed down he eventually passed out. You'd think that he could get some peace in his forced sleep but even then, his expression tensed up, he twitched every so often and he remained to be hot and kept breathing heavily.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Wed May 22, 2013 2:11 pm

Silvern cringed when Scrapper screamed from pain. It seemed to only get worse, the spell did what it it wanted and there was nothing to do about it. When he finally fainted Silvern saw it raging in his head just as before. Suddenly she stood up and went into the back rooms, into her artifact storage. Maybe she had forgotten about something that could help. She stood in the center and first muttered, then shouted from frustration. No, no, no, NO! Why don't I have ANYTHING?!?

Skry had followed her, hoping she might assist Sil in whatever she was up to, since there wasn't anything to do at the earth pony's side. Shouldn't we get him to the hospital? she asked when Sil apparently found nothing.

The response however was an annoyed denial. That isn't a medical problem, it's magical, Silvern said rudely. We'd probably need an expert on mind magic, and that just happens to be my weakest subject! And suddenly, the lights went out. Oh, come on! Does this have to happen now? How are we supposed to keep him cool if we don't even have energy for ice packs? The lights going out without command could only mean that the system had entered energy-saving mode, a fact Sil also knew because the generator was sending the appropriate signal. Everything that wasn't related to security had been turned off, including the freezer.

This time however, Skry had a solution. I'll get him under the shower, she said and immediately got to it, also hoping it would calm down Silvern a bit.

And indeed, the blind unicorn bridled at the idea, and managed to order her thoughts a bit. Oh, right. I'll check if I find anything in the library. With that she disappeared in another room.

Skry dragged Scrapper with partial help of her levitation into a very small room that contained some kind of toilet and a shower. After removing his bags and his sweater Skry turned on the shower and made sure he wouldn't get water into his nostrils. Once again not knowing what more to do, she went to Sil in the library.

One thing to know about Sil's library was that most books in it were written by Sil herself. Another thing to know was that most of the books were actually gems and lesser crystals. Nopony apart from Sil was able to read what was written in them, just as Sil was unable to read (or write) normal books with her magic sight. Nothing she could find here was completely new to her, but she couldn't possibly keep everything she had ever learned in her head, she had to look up things from time to time, and possibly there was something to help with Scrappers problem. In the end, Sil had studied magic for quite some time, unfortunately with little success. Skry immediately started to check through the few normal books and scrolls, and half an hour of finding nothing later, she checked on Scrapper and made some food.

It was way after midnight when Skry finally suggested giving up for the night. Scrapper was still suffering, Silvern was still reading gem after gem, and recently she had tried something minor with what little magic she had regained, but without the effect she had hoped for. Sil, whatever you might find out will still need some energy to cast. You should sleep and regenerate, Skry suggested carefully from the doorway to the library.

I can do that once I know what to do, Sil answered absently, not taking her attention from what she was reading. Until this something suddenly flew out of the room and out of Sil's sight range.

Before Sil could even show her irritation, Skry already spoke. I know you currently don't have the power to cancel my magic, you won't get it back. Go to sleep.

Sil was angry at first, but quickly it turned to reason. Fine, she sighed, still preferring to read, but Skry had some point. And maybe Scintillance was able to help when he arrived in the morning.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down