MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Cozy Cafe (PLEASE JOIN- OPEN)

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Cozy Cafe (PLEASE JOIN- OPEN) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Cozy Cafe (PLEASE JOIN- OPEN)

Post by Polar Chrome Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Polar looked up. The question seemed... loaded. Should he answer truthfully? What knowledge he had about the griffin? The question could be a test whether he was truly from Canterlot, or mayhaps she simply had no idea how it looked like there. A ruse or a simple lack of awareness?

"Well... some parts of the city are certainly ruined, but... most of the castle is still standing, we uhm... require some heavy duty, industrial grade pumps to... get the water from the waterfall that flooded some of the... lower vaults pumped out, and I am here to oversee the negotiations about the delivery of the pumps..."
Polar Chrome
Polar Chrome

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Metallurgist

Back to top Go down

A Cozy Cafe (PLEASE JOIN- OPEN) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Cozy Cafe (PLEASE JOIN- OPEN)

Post by Evangeline Topclaw Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:27 pm

"Oh! That's pretty cool! Learn new stuff everyday, I suppose. Well, enjoy your beverage sir," she said, as she began to walk off. How cool! She should check out Canterlot some time. She used to have some relatives up in Canterlot.

Evangeline stopped by Jasmine who'd stopped writing and was only staring at this point. "Jasmine, what are you doing? Stop staring at the stud and just ask him out already."

Jasmine, who'd not actually been staring at Polar at all was surprised and flustered, but she gravitated to the pony at suggestion and sat at his booth, seeing as there was nothing better to do. "Hey, you new around here or somethin'?"
Evangeline Topclaw
Evangeline Topclaw
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Polar Chrome Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:42 pm

Polar nodded and took his cup and hid his face behind it, taking a sip and watching the grifiness with his eyes poking over the edge of the vessel. As far as he was concerned, all she told him could have been a lie or a ruse. She moved to another patron in the café, whom Polar assumed was a collaborator, whispering something to her.

Polar watched her carefully, studying her as she got up from the table and moved towards him. Polar's heart sank, expecting the spies to finally take a move, the griffin moving into the café's entrance and blocking it with her body, while the collaborator was the one to pacify him. Polar set the coffee on the table and nervously looking around, contemplating escape through the kitchen, or jumping through the front window. But before he could totally panic and do something abrupt and rash, the mare sat against him, looking just as uncomfortable as him, asking if he was new.

She was really good at this, wasn't she? The fluster looked very authentic... Polar had to be careful.

"Uhm... yes, well... yeah. Never been to Manehatten before." This was true, and Polar seen no issue with divulging the information. "Here on some official business..." Official if "high treason" was considered official, though Polar never considered griffin invaders as legitimate government, thus it truly was official. Official towards the Royal Sisters, and restoring their legacy. "I just arrived, and have few days before the business meeting..." Well... he had certainly just arrived, and had time.
Polar Chrome
Polar Chrome

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Topclaw Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:00 pm

"Oh, business huh? Big business pony, you look like a business pony. What does Mrs. Business Pony think about all this business you got going on? You got a misses?"
Evangeline Topclaw
Evangeline Topclaw
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Polar Chrome Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:20 pm

Polar internally panicked. She was... what was she doing? And why was he feeling funny, this wasn't supposed to go like this. His head tried to offer several explanations, but all of them have been... preposterous.

Regardless of this, Polar let out an awkward cough as he bided for time to think up his answer. "I.. uhm... businesspony, yes..." Why not, after all. Let's go with that. "Think? Just... the big meeting, I suppose. Important thing and... all... and..." Missus? Polar realized he was trotting on a very thin ice here. War and his studies left him little time to mingle, and he never even kissed a mare before, or felt close to any. He was severly lacking knowledge in this department, and he knew bluffing when you knew nothing about the subject was always a va banque game. "No... I don't have a missus... at the moment..."
Polar Chrome
Polar Chrome

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2