MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Knowledge (Open, First Thread)

2 posters

Go down

Broken Knowledge (Open, First Thread) Empty Broken Knowledge (Open, First Thread)

Post by Elecsy Redox Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:20 am

"No, no, no, no," books fly through the air as a hooded pony digs through piles of old, semi destroyed books. It was a miracle this old library was still standing, the thing looked like it could collapse at any moment. But she knew there had to be something here, something of worth that she could use. Despite her best efforts, however, all that seems to remain is junk. "The Joys of Sowing...Gardening for Dummies...Manehatten: The Early Years..." with each new title her patience and sanity grew thinner, their useless letters, now forever drilled in her mind. "What, was every useful book destroyed?" She continues to throw the books behind her, digging deeper and deeper into the piles.

Manehatten isn't exactly where Redox was expecting to end up, but there are worse places. At least this city HAS a library, she thought, trying to keep her focus on the task. It's been a long time since she's had a new book to enjoy.Perhaps something on chemical compounds and how they react to different waves of magic, or maybe even a journal on how matrices change with respect to different variables. it was these hopes that kept her here, digging through the rubble and trash of broken knowledge. Seriously, how is the Library still standing?

As the snow and wind pouring into the library, through the giant hole in the ceiling, increased in volume, Redox figured that it is time to go. "Ugh, another waste of time." She pulls her head out of the pile with one more book, her eyes closed in anticipation. Please please please please..."Foal's First Words"? Her face and shoulders flatten. Another useless book. "Agh!" She throws it with as much force as she can muster, the book landing against the E-H shelf with a loud thud. It shakes some of the dust off and causes its already old and flimsy base to crack a little.

She sighs loudly and gets up, cringing a bit as her head begins to throb from her angered state. "You have to calm down Redox," she takes a few long calming breaths and begins her trot outside. "Just take it easy, you'll find something even-" *bang* her words cut off from the sudden impact of her face to the floor. A book she failed to notice interrupted her step. "What the hay!?" she turns around, her face red and flustered with anger. On the ground by the E-H self is an old style bound book, looking rather large and mostly intact. Her anger quickly subsides. 

"What's this?" she asks as she picks up the book. "Probably just another baby - The Elements of Harmony: A Reference Guide 3rd Edition..." She doesn't move for several moments. Is...is this is it? Her mind ponders, this is is the same book, edition and everything. Her memories begin to play back, rolling in her mind as if she were watching them happen:

"You'll never win Twilight, my chaos is too much for you," the filly's voice tried to sound as evil and adult as possible. "Never Discord, your magic is no match for mine," The second voice was more normal to the filly's natural range. The hot summer day beamed on her smiling face as she hopped around the front yard. The Elements of Harmony: A Reference Guide 3rd Edition laid open on the lawn. The filly bounced from one side to the other, pausing only to quickly refrence the book, then jumping right back into the action. She loved playing Discord verse Twilight Sparkle. "My magical...um...magic will end your tyranny."

"Ha ha ha, you think you can beat me little pony I'll-"

"Elecsy, time to come inside." Her mother stood in the doorway, saddlebag filled with various notes and books. "C'mon, I have to go. Get inside."

The filly sighed and magically grabbed the book. "What page was this?" She glanced it over quickly, "192-"

"NOW missy." her mother snapped while looking at her watch. The filly trotted back inside with her book. "You should be putting your time to better use anyway." 

The door closed behind her, with a few clicks it locked and she was now alone. "I bet Twilight Sparkle never had to listen to parents..." she pouted as she opened the book back to 192. Suddenly her eyes sparked, "I bet this story would be better if it took place in a cave!" She squeaked the last word and quickly ran up the stairs.

A rush of snow and cold air quickly pulls Redox back to the present. "192," she whispers as she sets down the book to search its pages. Sure enough there it was, Twilight Sparkle and the second rise of Discord. This chapter gave a detailed description of the events, slightly colorized, as is to be expected. "The 3rd Edition was more of a "story book" than that of it predecessor," she chuckles as she reads a few of the sentences. A large smile forms as she remembers the joy she had with this book as a filly. "This...was worth it."

She places the book into her pouch and begins her journey back to her hovel. She walks slowly down the snow covered streets, her head held low with her hood covering most of it. One would imagine that she can't see very much in front of her. She could hear other ponies hurrying to get to their homes. "So futile," she whispers under her visible breath.

Last edited by Elecsy Redox on Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Elecsy Redox
Elecsy Redox
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Broken Knowledge (Open, First Thread) Empty Re: Broken Knowledge (Open, First Thread)

Post by Dawn Star Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:37 am

Dawn was heading down the street in the western direction to the place she called home. Although that was a simple goal it still wasn't any easier to achieve with all the other ponies racing bumping into her trying to get out of the cold and back to their houses or whatever they lived in and of course the wind and snow was the most annoying part of her day but this time was nearly blinding her while she walked the light from the street lamps were the only keeping dawn on track "I cant believe this weather..I mean two nights in a row of this ..blizzardy like conditions! "she complained while trying to make out her location "I suppose ..its not that bad ..it could be a whole lot wors..UHH!" her sentence was interrupted at the point of impact.
Dawn Star
Dawn Star
Contributor
Contributor

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel/Equestrian solider
Profession: War veteran solider / LT Commander of the ponys 20th Airborn

Back to top Go down

Broken Knowledge (Open, First Thread) Empty Re: Broken Knowledge (Open, First Thread)

Post by Elecsy Redox Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:55 pm

Redox falls back on her rump, a small layer of snow getting kicked up a little from the disturbance. "What the hay?" she exclaims, blinking a few times in surprise. A moment later, when a gust of wind sent a chill to her ears, she made the discovery that her hood was not over her head. Opening her eyes wide and gasping, she quickly grabs her hood and pulls it over. The force, a little too much, the hood covering all the way to her muzzle.

She sits like this for a brief second, then realizes that she still didn't know who bumped into her. She lifts one end of her hood, allowing half an eye to peak at the other pony. Its a pegasus, blue coat with a yellow mane. She looks fit, and kind of intimidating. Redox thought it best to not piss this one off, and also that she needs to continue her research on pegasus flight and weather control.

"I...I..." the words seem almost stuck coming out of her mouth, "I'm sorry." She cringes a little after saying it. She hates apologizing.
Elecsy Redox
Elecsy Redox
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn Star Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:28 pm

Dawn was knocked off hooves to cold ground below, She then got up rubbing her head with a hoof as if it hurt "Don't worry about it "she said brushing the snow off her self yet she noticed that the pony she bumped into was unicorn ,that was acting shy but seemed very interested in her this made her fell a little bit uneasy but she continued her apology "It was my fault from the beginning, should of watched where I was going but its ok I can take a hit" She smiled and extended a hoof to help the unicorn up "Are you ok ?"
Dawn Star
Dawn Star
Contributor
Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elecsy Redox Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:56 pm

Redox did not notice the gesture, instead looking in her saddle bag to make sure that the book was still inside. She moves a few things around then stops, her face becoming slightly panicked. "No, where is it," she whispers (noticeably), moving the same things around a second time. She looks up long enough to make eye contact with the stranger, then turns to the ground, moving her head from side to side frantically. The one time she finds an interesting book and she losses it. She curses a little under her breath and begins to dig around in the snow, the approaching storm making it increasingly difficult to see.

"Don't just stand there, help me!" she snaps at the pegasus, out of more panic than plain rudeness.
Elecsy Redox
Elecsy Redox
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn Star Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:23 am

Dawn disliked the unicorns tone to her trying to help this pony out when she could of just left her on the frozen ground which she did think about this for minute but forcefully erased it from her brain"OK! ..ok" she said show a little bit of disappointment while looking. Dawn looked all around for ...wait what was she looking for exactly?. As she tried to ask what in the royal sisters name was she looking for she saw a book in a near by snow bank and as cereous as she was she picked it up and examined it "Is this. What we were looking for?" she asked brushing the snow off the cover.
Dawn Star
Dawn Star
Contributor
Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elecsy Redox Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:20 pm

Redox looks up instantly, her eyes expectant. "Yes!" she says with excitement as she reaches for the book. The snow didn't seem to get inside any of the pages, so the book shouldn't be damaged. She brushes the snow off and places it in her bag. "Losing this would have made my whole day a worthless."

A gust of wind blows past, pushing her hood down over her face. She shivered as the temperature seemed to drop instantly. Looking back at the pegasus, she realizes that she forgot a cardinal rule when dealing with other sentient creatures; always be polite. "Um...thank you," she says as she nods down.
Elecsy Redox
Elecsy Redox
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn Star Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:10 am

Dawn was debating on the unicorn that was in front of her the way she snatched the book out of her hooves before she could even read it or look at was beyond rude but she smiled when she heard the unicorn say Thank you "Your welcome" she said back.
Dawn Star
Dawn Star
Contributor
Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down