MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Search of Decoration

Go down

In Search of Decoration Empty In Search of Decoration

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:01 pm

Dec. 13th, 12:00 P.M.

Around noon, one would expect it to be warm as the sun is high, but it is not. As per usual in the winter, it's cold, and that was evident in the attire of Ms. Smile: a full, heavy winter coat rested over her scrubs, which she had on due to her being ready for work. Before work, however, she decided to go shopping for some decorations, some art, a personal indulgence for display in her home or practice, and, a curio shop run by one Ms. Radiant Star was chosen simply based on appearance. As Vibrant entered, she promptly unzipped her winter coat and looked around for anyone to assist her.

Back to top Go down

In Search of Decoration Empty Re: In Search of Decoration

Post by Radiant Star Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:09 pm

Radiant yawned softly while reading one of the old books that normally sat in the display case for sale. The winter days seemed to be a bad time to start up a business due to the lack of hoof traffic, but she needed to at least try.

Looking up upon hearing the jingling of the bell on her door, she gave a welcoming smile to the new mare who came in. "Ah, hello there. Welcome to Radiant's Rarities, may I help you with something?" She asked politely while closing the book and standing on her hooves. "Anything you're looking for in particular?"
Radiant Star
Radiant Star
The Meaning to Life, the Universe, and Everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:02 pm

Taking her coat and holding it in her telekinesis, Vibrant revealed that she wore scrubs below. Setting the coat on her back, she regarded the mare that had stood to help her. "Yes, there's something I had in mind, but do you have a coat rack?" The question was raised with an even tone of voice, and a steady quirk of Vibrant's brow. Returning to a neutral expression, Vibrant continued to speak.

"I'm looking for some form of painting, an original work, framed, if possible, to hang on a wall, as well as old, hoof-written texts. Any vases as well as statuettes and other similar display pieces would be nice, as well, but I'm primarily looking for original paintings," Vibrant stated this whilst glancing about the room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiant Star Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:09 pm

Radiant nodded her head softly. "Why yes, the coat rack is right there by the door." She replied politely, pointing a hoof towards said item.

The tall mare held back a large grin that wished to appear in her face from the sheer amount of items that had a chance at being sold that day. "Oh my, somepony's a big spender isn't she?" She asked, moving around the counter and towards her customer to help her around the shop. "We have a little of everything you've mentioned, but for now we shall focus on the paintings."

Taking a few steps away from the medical pony, she turned her head towards a wall holding more than just a few works of art. "Most of what I have in stock are from big names, but I have some lesser-known pieces as well. See something that suits your fancy?"
Radiant Star
Radiant Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:47 pm

The mare frowned slightly at the comment of the other mare, but, as she hung up her coat and approached the works of art, she did what anyone would do: scrutinized them, wondering which one suited her fancy. Oddly, the one that did was a rather simple painting of a ship at sea, a small frigate sailing along with nothing but a clear sky above and a strong breeze bellying its sail. It was a middle sized painting, indeed. Vibrant denoted to Radiant that she liked the painting, yet another tickled her fancy as well.

It was another middle sized painting, depicting a dragon armored fully in magitech armor, fully active, as the crystalline lining that came across the armor in geometric patterns and wonderful flourishes glowed with an eerie green light; the armor was black, and the dragon stood tall in that armor, its wings closed behind its back, however. Upon its left arm, a blade extended, attached at the wrist, and it too glowed with the same eerie green light as the rest of the armor. As per custom, the dragon wore a helm, not revealing its face, though an insignia upon its helm-mounted engine canister denoted it being of high military rank. 

"How wonderful. I'd never think to find a depiction of a Drekashian general in Equestria," Vibrant commented, having a soft-spot for the empire and its grandeur in all things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiant Star Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Radiant made her way behind the glass cases and towards the paintings the mare seemed to be eying and started to work her usual magic. "I take you like it." She replied, glancing towards the painting in question with a sly smile crossing her muzzle. "I traveled the world before setting up shop here and managed to get my hooves on all sorts of items. This piece came from one of those very islands if I remember correctly. A rare find over here indeed."

Turning her attention back towards her guest, her expression returned to her relaxed, yet polite smile. "The use of light in the image sure is something to be admired, no? The artist who made it must have been a true master of the craft."
Radiant Star
Radiant Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:20 pm

"Indeed I do like it," Vibrant stated simply as she mulled over the painting and if she wanted to purchase it or not. Indeed, as a painting imported from the isles, it would be exponentially more expensive, but it was just so heroic and wonderful, and Vibrant enjoyed the inspiring feeling it compelled onto her. Maybe it would do the same for her patients? Regardless, she enjoyed the feeling that it gave her, and any art that could evoke such strong emotions was deserving of Vibrant's approbation, if not purchase. To boot, the mare was right about the mastery of the artist. "Its rarity is of no value to me, actually; I find it inspiring. How much would it be for this work?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiant Star Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Radiant continued to hide the large grin that wanted to push its way onto her face with practiced ease. Never letting the customer how willing you are to make the sale was rule number one after all.

"Well, this masterpiece normally goes for a clean seven hundred bits, but since times are tough with the war and all, I'll be willing to sell it for just three hundred." She replied sincerely, placing a forehoof on the glass case in front of her. "What do you say?"
Radiant Star
Radiant Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Vibrant considered the price tag with her budget; this time around, she had set away around one-thousand bits for purchases of vanity, and, of course, three hundred was well within this. It was really something she fell in love with at first sight, and, due to the power of the piece, Vibrant considered it to be a good buy. "I'll take it," Vibrant stated simply. "But before I purchase this outright, I'd like to see your other wares."

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiant Star Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:57 pm

Radiant nodded her head with a smile, turning and taking the painting off of its hook to lean against the wall in a tucked away corner to save it for later and keep anypony else from taking interest while the sale was being made. "Alright, anything else you're looking for? If I remember correctly you said something about statuettes and vases?" She asked, moving back around the counter to stick close to her customer. "We have a selection of both in the cases."
Radiant Star
Radiant Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

"A vase would be nice," Vibrant replied, returning her own smile toward the friendly shopkeep, albeit Vibrant could sense how desperately the mare was trying to sell her wares. It was nice, however, that the mare was a good salespony; otherwise, Vibrant considered that she wouldn't be able to help this mare out by buying her things simply because Vibrant wouldn't be convinced by her pitch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiant Star Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Radiant nodded her head, gliding her way towards a specific case in the center of the shop that was a touch taller than the rest around it, a selection of brightly-colored glass vases resting inside for all to see. "The selection we have right now isn't the widest in the world due to collectors snatching them up, but we do have a few nice ones to choose from." She replied in her same polite tone of voice.

"Most of these have actually come from zebra territory, the nice exotic patterns just dance in the light, if I say so myself."
Radiant Star
Radiant Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:16 pm

As Radiant showed the case to Vibrant, once again, her scrutiny took over as she examined the mostly zebafrican vases. One caught her eye, however, a tall and thin green one, with white patterns that seemed random at first, but once one realized that the worker either crafted this of jade or was trying to emulate jade, the work became even more stunning. Upon the vase, swirling green patterns were either made of a darker jade or simply painted that way, though, the way the piece sparkled suggested it was going to be incredibly expensive. "That one, the green one that looks like it's made of jade.. elaborate on it, please," Vibrant asked in a curious tone; among these fine pieces of art, Vibrant was like a child in a toystore, looking at all of the objects that suited her fancy and simply wanting them due to how they caught her eye immediately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiant Star Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:40 pm

Radiant smiled just a touch wider upon hearing the selection. "Ah, it turns out your selection of that painting wasn't only a fluke, you have quite the eye for art, miss." She replied, moving to the side of the case said vase was on to give it the proper attention.

"It is made from the finest zebafrican jade and crafted by one of the best of the best craftzebras in that nation. One of only three made and very valuable." She did her best to sell up the item for her guest. "I can't guarantee that it will be cheap if you wish to purchase it, though."
Radiant Star
Radiant Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:49 pm

Vibrant frowned at the supposed high price tag; of course, being of jade, it would be expensive, and if Vibrant had to go over her budget, well, it would need to happen. Having only seven hundred bits left to work with, Vibrant considered that she could always tap into her savings if need be, and that savings was what the other item was coming out of anyway, so it wouldn't be too terrible if Vibrant went two or three hundred bells over the limit. Regardless, if the mare before her was true in her words, then Vibrant would need to purchase the item, lest it be snatched by a collector. ".. I'm willing to purchase it. What is the price?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiant Star Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Radiant smiled softly, looking down at the jade piece before back up to the unicorn. "This little work of art is selling for a nice seven-hundred and fifty bits." She replied confidently, placing a hoof on the case next to it. "What do you say? I think it would look great in the home of a mare such as yourself."
Radiant Star
Radiant Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:07 pm

"Seven hundred and fifty's a big investment," Vibrant stated out of thought, looking at the vase with care. "I think I have display room for it, but if it breaks, that's an issue, though jade is a very sturdy material. I'll accept the price, yes, and I think I'm done with purchasing, unless you have any books that are less than a hundred bits," she stated simply as she further regarded the fine vase.

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiant Star Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:13 pm

Radiant smiled and gave her fellow mare a nod, removing a key from a small pouch around her left foreleg to unlock the case and carefully take the vase out. Moving around the shop to gently rest the item down next to the painting, she turned back to her well-liked customer. "I do have a few books that are rather cheap. They're mostly reprints of course, if that doesn't bother you."
Radiant Star
Radiant Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:19 pm

"Reprints are alright, provided they're rare," Vibrant stated simply without emotion, regarding the two items she had already purchased. Her overindulgence, at this point, would set her back a little bit, she figured, as the price she was paying was very low considering how somepony could seriously exploit prices like this in a bad economy. Yet, Radiant didn't, and Vibrant felt that she was deserving of her bits for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiant Star Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:23 pm

Radiant slipped behind the row of glass cases that outlined the three walls of the shop that didn't have the front door, moving up to the area with multiple books on display, some more less-valuable ones kept on a simple shelf behind the cases in the open air. "Anything you're looking for in specific, dear customer?" She asked politely, knowing each one like the back of her hoof.
Radiant Star
Radiant Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:31 pm

"Perhaps one of the older versions of the Starswirl Sagas," Vibrant suggested, noting that the book's countless reprints would generate a reprint rare enough to weigh on the pricetag that Vibrant was paying, knowing very well that the mare before her cared nothing but the fact that she was getting richer and richer by the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiant Star Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:37 pm

"Let's see... Starswirl Saga... I believe I do have a copy of one of those books." Radiant replied, opening up the back of the case and taking a black-covered book out to place on the counter. "I'm afraid this one doesn't have anything spectacular in it, so its price shouldn't be too high. It is still a rather rare book, however. Something no book collector should be without."
Radiant Star
Radiant Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:44 pm

"Regardless, it should work well for my purposes," she stated. "So long as the price doesn't surpass around seventy-five bits, I'll buy it. So, exactly how much am I paying you, now?" Vibrant promptly reached for her jacket, withdrawing a checkbook and a pen via her telekinesis, that writing utensil poised to write out the obscenely high value for whatever she was buying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiant Star Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:49 pm

Radiant kept the book on the counter, gathering up the other items for the unicorn as well. "The book is only for about fifty bits, so that will bring the total up to eleven-hundred bits." She replied in her usual polite tone of voice. "The doctoring business must be very good if you can drop this kind of money, miss."
Radiant Star
Radiant Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:54 pm

"Indeed it is. Dentistry is surprisingly profitable even in the post-war economy," she stated, writing the check out for 1100 and 00 bits to Radiant's Rarities, and handing it to the mare. "Now, is there any way I can transport these safely to my home?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiant Star Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:01 pm

Radiant nodded softly while looking at the expensive items. "I have some boxes in the back I can safely stow the book and vase in with the proper padding. Though, the best I can do for the painting is simply wrap it up, if that's alright." She replied, turning her eyes back to the unicorn to take the check and stow it away for later.
Radiant Star
Radiant Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:21 pm

"A padded box should work well," Vibrant stated, going to grab her coat from the coat rack. "I should be able to take the painting wrapped up, as well. In fact, so long as it's covered, I can carry it back," Vibrant said with all evenness of tone, that she almost seemed emotionless. As a final interjection, Vibrant decided to put in an advertisement for her own business. "Hey, if you ever need any dental care, my practice is a few blocks down the street; just look for Dr. Vibrant Smile."

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiant Star Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:31 pm

Radiant slipped into the back room with the vase, keeping the door open as to listen to her customer with a smile. "I'll have to keep that in mind. Should pay you back for all of the wonderful business you've just given me." She replied, taking the book next to pack away. "I should possibly go in for a check-up soon anyway. Take good care of my teeth, but never hurts to be careful."

Come back for the painting last, she moved into the back room for the final time. The earth pony mare brought back a box and the painting wrapped up in brown paper to keep is safe. "Here we go. Have a nice day."
Radiant Star
Radiant Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:56 pm

Slipping into her coat and taking the two in her telekinesis yet on her back at the same time, Vibrant nodded to Radiant. "We'll take you any time," Vibrant said whilst smiling as she exited the shop and trotted home, making for her office to set up her new items.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down