MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing Changelings [private]

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Changing Changelings [private] - Page 2 Empty Re: Changing Changelings [private]

Post by warmen111 Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:39 pm

"If you're bringing the provisions and general supplies, I have all I need on my back. As for you Rookie, if this is indeed your first adventure, be thankful. It looks like you couldn't have picked a better group. Everypony and even that bookworm over there seems quite experienced." Venatus said as he gestured towards Dax.

"A lot more experienced than those Daring Do wannabe self-proclaimed adventurers you see everyday on the road." Venatus continued, finishing his drink. Sure he maybe wasn't all too keen on spies or assassins but he had to admit it, even that Ruby seemed like a mare you didn't want to get on your wrong side. Surely a pony couldn't wish for more if she wanted to learn? Especially considering the diversity of skill sets in the group.
warmen111
warmen111
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Changing Changelings [private] - Page 2 Empty Re: Changing Changelings [private]

Post by 8bit-Icecube Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:14 pm

The relief was readable from the filly's face. Her cheery smile chasing away all the anxiety of her expression. Slowly she picked up her bags and put them on the table, pushing away glasses to make some room. She pulled out a piece of parchment from the bag and showed it to Silver.
"Everything on there is in here. Should I unpack and repack everything?" 
The list was filled with a lot of mundane items, all small grub, personal hygiene, and a few small tools.
8bit-Icecube
8bit-Icecube
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:20 am

Silver shortly studied the list, and smiled in approval. "Not too bad for a beginner. Sounds a little like a camping holiday, but if you're fine with carrying the extra weight of luxury items, that's up to you. As long as you still carry your load of the provisions, that is. How much water and food do you have, exactly?"
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-Icecube Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:39 pm

The mare scratched behind her ears, a little pleased with the compliments, a little hesitant on the critique. "Well, the old water skin I found smelled funny and was leaking too much. I got some space reserved for food, though."
Her bright smile dimmed to a cheery smirk, as she turned a little more serious. "What do you recommend dropping if I want to travel lighter?"
8bit-Icecube
8bit-Icecube
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:14 am

Silver looked at the list again and started listing things. "The mirror, the hoof-file, toilet paper, the book, and the towels I would reduce to only one. But most of that is light stuff, so it's really your choice." He gave the list back. "Now then, I have the rest of the equipment in my room here. Anybody mind helping me get it outside?"
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:11 am

Dax brought his head up and closed his book for the first time since he walked in, he then put it away. "Sure, I'll help. What better way to inspire trust by carrying all your stuff around!" He said as he picked his sword back up and slung is over his shoulder as before, only this time he didn't have his other talon occupied.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet
Alignment: Shadowsun
Profession: Big, tough, badass everybody wants to be

Back to top Go down

Post by warmen111 Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:09 pm

"I wouldn't listen to the stallion kid, the badlands will throw hell at you. The comfort of toilet paper and perhaps a good book might be the one thing keeping you sane." Venatus commented, it was never a good idea to let a rookie go with minimal gear.

"Besides, if you can't handle carrying your bags, the great Venatus can carry the gear of three ponies if needed be." Venatus continued, helping a young lady was a fine task for a hero like himself after all.
warmen111
warmen111
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:23 am

Scint leaned back with his hooves crossed behind his head, "Is that so? be sure to carry some for me, Ven!" he chimed, smirking at his own joke. he then realized he was on a stool, and sat back upright. didn't want gravity to catch up to him.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet
Alignment: Does not like Griffins
Profession: Conjurer/Poet/Assistant at tje Magic Eye store

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Silver led Dax to the backside of the inn into a small corridor, and opened the door to the room with a key. The inside, thoug likely quite comfy despite the small size in normal times, had a cramped feeling. It was apparent that Silver had made sure he'd have enough for any number of volunteers that might come. Bags were stacked against the walls wherever there was space. Ten bags overall.

The earth pony promptly went to the stack of three between the desk and the wardrope, and pushed the top two over his nack onto his back. He pointed to another three bags next to the bed. "Those, please", he said and then picked up the last bag of his stack with his mouth.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Plus his own backpack, he had to carry 4. He easily picked up all three by the straps, though he had to stand upright again.
He took a gaze at the rest of the bags they seemingly weren't taking. "We aren't taking the rest with us? Didn't Venatus say he could carry 3 ponies worth of gear?" He said with a chuckle.

"Oh, right. Mouths full. Whoops." He ended with a grin and a shrug.

Last edited by Scrapper on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PLUUUUUS)
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-Icecube Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:44 am

Valet glanced at her list again, lifting her bags to feel their weight. She seemed to consider something, but then finally started to smile warmly and look over to Venatus. Her purple irises cutely sought the attention of his heroic view as she spoke with her soft voice. "Would you carry some of my provision Venatus, please? It's not a good idea to let a rookie like me go with minimum gear."
8bit-Icecube
8bit-Icecube
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by warmen111 Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:28 pm

"I'd be more than happy to for such a young lady." Venatus stated with a warm smile as he leaned back, the stool slightly tilting before Venatus' back hit the wall causing the stool to stabilize and not tilt any further. 

After bragging he would be able to carry the luggage of three ponies, he could hardly take his words back, right? Besides, Valet was still a young rookie and looking out for the young whelps in the group seemed like a hero's job.
warmen111
warmen111
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:49 am

"I have a feeling he'll fall on that full mouth rather quickly. If not by outside circumstances, then by annoying Ruby," Silver replied with a chuckle through the strap in his mouth as they made their way back to the taproom. He motioned to the ponies at the table to follow him as he proceeded outside. Once there, he put down his load and went back inside, after taking a pouch filled with bits from one of the bags. He approached the innkeeper, handing over his room key and payment.

The mare took both, but looked rather unsatisfied. "I seem to remember you carrying a lot more into the room," she said critically.

"Ah, yes. You'll find that you're holding twice the payment we agreed on. Plus, if you want to make a camping holiday, you don't even need to pack anymore," he said, grinning awkwardly. It was a rather strange change after his calm and collected demeanor with the others.

The innkeeper shot him a deadpan glare before growing even more suspicious. "What are you doing anyway, taking a local filly to some probably dangerous expedition Celestia knows where to? Do her parents even know what's going on here?"

"According to said filly, yes, they do," Silver sought the path of plausible deniability, holding back a sigh. "Plus, she practically begged to come with us. Now, if you'll excuse me, we want to leave as soon as possible. Have a good night." The innkeeper didn't hold him back, but swore to herself to make sure the Dawn Guard would follow them. Something wasn't right with this.

Outside, Silver detailed the contents of the bags as they waited for Ruby to return. Though it was the start of autumn, the temperature wasn't too cool, and at least Silver found it rather comfortable. The sky was mostly cloudless, as per weather schedule, and would stay this way for a few days. "In each of these is a tent for two, otherwise they're stuffed with food and water", he said as he pointed at the stack he had carried out. "I suggest that these are taken whole. The other three might have to be repacked depending on what you already have with you. They're half filled with diverse equipment, some of which Valet apparently already has packed."
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by warmen111 Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:16 am

Venatus shook his head. "I think we'd much rather have a little bit of back pain than to come in a sitiuation where somepony dies because we didn't bring enough rope or an extra piece of flint and steel." Venatus warned. "We have no reason to pack lightly if we're merely exploring." Venatus continued, sure when somepony as awesome as he was accompanied the group the chances of somepony dying were small, minuscule even, but why take the chance?
warmen111
warmen111
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:19 pm

"However, we're only five ponies and a griffon, while there are eight sets of bags, nine if Ruby brings her own. We should at least bring that down to six." He took one of the bags he had designated for repacking and brought it towards their youngest member. Like the other bags, it had been made for a pony larger than Valet, and had also been accordingly packed. They weren't bulging, but that was likely because at least some of the water canteens were strapped onto the outside, along with some tools kept at easy access. Silver glanced at Valet's own saddlebags and raised an eyebrow in surprise. "Are those actually your's?" he asked. "They look like they've seen real use in a hot place. Also, how much do you think you can carry?"
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-Icecube Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:54 pm

Two deep purple irises glanced wearily at the heavy bags. The little unicorn smiled at Silvers wonder of the origins of her saddlebags. "Yes they're mine! Got them specifically for my trip through the desert with my niece! They've been collecting a little dust, but they still should be fine." Then the smile changed into worry when Valet looked between her own bags and the load that was to be carried. "I hoped that I could carry some rations and my own packed ones. I'm grateful if our hero Venatus could carry that little extra for me. So I won't slow you down, much."
8bit-Icecube
8bit-Icecube
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:44 pm

"So you DO actually have some experience. You should have said that earlier. 'Camping with my family" isn't exactly as convincing as 'I walked through the desert'," the earth pony chuckled and began repacking not only Valet's bags but the others as well, based on rough guesses how much everybody could carry. He knew well where to find what, and so he got it over with before Ruby returned, with one set of bags already standing ready for her.

The mare in question didn't make the group wait long. In fact, she came quite suddenly running up to them with her face still hidden under her hood, and didn't waste time to inform everybody as to what had caused this sudden urgency. "We need to leave quickly, guards are on the way. I'd rather not waste time with being questioned."

"We would survive that. The only thing they might do is forcing Valet to stay here. But yes, I'd rather not have the delay. These are yours," he said calmly as he pointed at the saddlebags for the dark unicorn. She hadn't brought her own, but had a bedroll in a waterproof sack slung over her bag, as well as a small wrapped bundle of carrots as snacks. She quickly levitated the bedroll Silver had packed out of the bags and replaced it with her own.

"If you want to avoid a meeting with them, I suggest you let me lead of a moment," she said after all her luggage was secured and received a nod from the expedition leader. Without another word she turned away from the large road they were currently standing on into the smaller alleys and lead the group towards the southern parts of town - away from the castle and the guard station.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:58 pm

Making sure everything he had to carry was secure, then chuckled as he followed the rest of the group into the alleyway.
"So, is this normally how you get around or are you just guessing for your first time?" He said trying to get Ruby's attention as they moved around. It's not like he was unfamiliar with this way of avoiding guards, but a simple adventurer wouldn't need to know this kind of thing unless those adventures involved getting sent to a dungeon or getting killed.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:20 pm

"Staying out of sight often makes the job simpler", Ruby replied in a half hushed tone. She set a quick trotting pace, considering the heavy luggage, but still appeared surprisingly light in her step, with hardly any sound of walking coming from her. "In this case, Silver is probably right with his suspicion that the guards will question Valet's involvement, and an encounter might cost us the advantage of having a seer with us." She turned her head around without stopping and scanned the sky above the inn. Still clear. She took a turn to the right at the next possibility, onto a medium sized side street leading south-west. With the moon hanging midway in it's way to the top the eastern side of the road was noticably darker, and Ruby instantly headed towards it.

Last edited by Syron on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:34 am

Keeping up with Ruby, he continued. "Oh, true. Just had to point it out though, you're doing pretty well for someone who usually means no ill will." he said with a quite chuckle.
Dax could tell there was more to this mare than the eye alone can perceive, he had no way of knowing for sure, so he decided to keep it to himself for now. Still, he found it odd for an adventurer to be so good at avoiding guards, even if it was for the times when you had an asset they could take.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:28 pm

Ruby took a moment to think about Dax' thoughts, wondering if he realized why she actually wanted to avoid the guards. "I might mean no harm, but the same can't always be said about my opponents", she answered after a few seconds. "Besides, I already said that stealth is my specialty, haven't I?"

This time Silver was the one to look back, and scowled at what he saw. "They've taken flight." Ruby took a short look, and easily spotted two pegasi starting to scan the area around the inn, especially in southern direction. A moment later the shady unicorn started casting a spell, sucking the light away around the group. The glow from her horn was well kept within the confines of her hood. Though it became difficult to see far, she didn't mind.

"Stay in the shadows, no light," she simply told the others and continued in their previous direction.

Last edited by Syron on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-Icecube Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:12 am

The evening chills took a tight grip around Valet's focus. "I'm really going on an adventure." She thought hurriedly to herself. Before she knew it the group moved to get away, fast silently into the dark night. "I'm really going." Her little heart pumped heavily in her chest, pushing the adrenaline through her body. "Did she just say that!? Really!? I'm an advantage!!" The compliment hidden in Ruby's worry filled the lil' filly with joy. So much that she started to trot a little, releasing a soft clank from the contents of her bags. That sound went through the silence and back in her ears, immediately knocking the gain of confidence back to views of incompetence. She cringed back together, back into her still failing stealth mode. "Sorry" She hushed.
8bit-Icecube
8bit-Icecube
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:57 am

"No harm done", Ruby said shruggingly, casting another quick look at the flying search crew. One of them was a thestral, she noted with dismay, but that didn't change her answer. "We can actually talk normally as long as they don't get too near. Light reduction isn't the only spell I'm casting right now."

Last edited by Syron on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by warmen111 Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:16 am

"Out in the open like that makes for an easy target for a bowman you know, one blunt bolt against the armour might scare them off." Venatus stated as he noted the pegasi, not that he was all too eager to actually shoot at another pony but still...  Being as amazing as he was, surely the bolt would hit the targeted area and a blunted bolt wouldn't penetrate the armour for sure. Although it certainly would cause for a nasty wound if it would hit the flesh... 

Luckily for Venatus however, a better option soon arose as Ruby cast a spell, causing them to be nearly invisible within the shadows of the alley. "You know, you'd make a fine huntress with all these spells and perhaps a little training from moi. And some company is always appreciated on the lonely nights in the forest." Venatus said with a smirk as he looked at Ruby. Surely being a famous big game hunter would be more fun than being a throat cutter?
warmen111
warmen111
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:58 am

"Huh, impulses of murder and wanting 'Company' on lonely nights. You don't have many friends do you?" Dax said with a grin.

"Oh well, I sense you two will make a great couple by the end of this. I'll even be your Best Avian at the wedding." Dax said a moment after. Dax wasn't really phased by the threat of guards finding them. He only casually glanced back from time to time to keep up with their positions.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:43 pm

"If he shoots them while they haven't noticed us the only marriage will be between my hoof and his face. I don't intend to inflict harm on innocent ponies if I can avoid it."

"Interesting. I expected this argument, but with the roles swi-" He was suddenly cut off by their current guide quickly coming to a stop and motioning them towards the house wall next to them, after yet another look over the shoulder. The lights inside were still on, causing Ruby to keep her head below the windows and powering her shadow spell a little more, hoping that the others would understand and stick close by.

"Stay silent," she hissed soundlessly and pointed upwards, where the batpony was currently flying along the street, passing above them every moment now. Her spells might make it easier to hide, but a moving bubble of darkness was still somewhat suspicious.

Last edited by Syron on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-Icecube Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Valet's eyes started to twinkle with envy over the nonchalant spells Ruby was casting. Her silent admiration was disrupted by the remark of both Venatus and Featherbrain. Her confusion carried through the sudden motion to hide against a wall.  "What's wrong with wanting company, and more importantly why is the Dawn Guard actively searching for us?" Her hushed tone asked. Without waiting for an answer she inhaled deeply, relaxing her tense shoulders and closing her eyes.

Last edited by 8bit-Icecube on Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
8bit-Icecube
8bit-Icecube
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:50 pm

"I have a few ideas of my own, but I'll probably just say it's my fault." Dax said silently.
"What, with me waltzing through town with a sword an all." He said just after to clarify.

In silence however, Dax was getting pretty bored. Either from this escape being too easy or just how long its taking. He was still aware of the Guards and still aware of Ruby's command, but if the shadows weren't doing their jobs his boredom would be obvious.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by warmen111 Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:09 pm

"I wasn't planning on killing them, a blunt bolt on their armour would maybe give them a bruise." Venatus defended himself, bending through his knees ever so slightly and keeping his head low to avoid being seen through the window.

"Maybe, I doubt they'd actually send out this many troops just to get our little princess back to her parents, that's for sure." Venatus whispered, it was a good point though, why were there this many guards? "I do hope miss cutthroat has a plan on how we're escaping this town though, we can't hide forever behind stone walls."
warmen111
warmen111
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:24 am

Lance kept pretty quiet up till now, but he was really starting to doubt these companions of his. Ruby being so familiar with avoiding guards? Venatus honestly suggesting taking out one of hte guards with a bolt? blunted not withstanding. 'staying out of sight makes the job easier?' heck, Lance never had to avoid guards before. But it wasn't the time or place to cause any communicative trouble. he crept a bit closer to Ruby so his whisper can be heard; "I could turn the guard's gaze away from the group if it'll help. as far as I can tell, it's only the Valet they're after. His mind wandered, but refused to sound the words, 'and possibly somepony else.'
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:54 pm

Above, the guard had slowed down - and was actually looking somewhat into their direction. Though it was difficult to see, his ears were swiveling around wildly. Ruby frowned up at him and nodded at Lance. "Go ahead, but make sure your horn is covered."

Last edited by Syron on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:20 pm

Scint followed Ruby's eyes towards the Pegasus, and noticed a clear curiousity in the winged pony's demeanor. Scint pulled his cloak over his head, and dimly lit his horn under it. a series of shuffling... somethings could be heard under Scint's cloak before a wooden cube appeared, hovered and landed upon Scint's hoof. Scint's horn then relit,  the cube hovered back under the cloak as it was enveloped by dim light a second time.

Lance passed the cube by hoof to Venatus. "I'm sure you're a strong toss; aim for the sewer grate, far over there. it needs to be fast enough not too be seen by mister foofles the flighty."
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-Icecube Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:16 pm

Valet's expressions changed little the small moment her frown was focused. Slowly her eyelids opened, letting her bright purple irises glanced towards the others. 
"They're really just looking for me. I think they, and princess Sparkle are worried about me." A faint shimmer of a happy smile appeared just before she continued making her own plan. "We're being flushed out by multiple unicorn Dawn Guard, the hiding isn't going to last. How about we show ourselves, or.... at least me. I'll try to keep it brief, so we don't lose much time."
8bit-Icecube
8bit-Icecube
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by warmen111 Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:19 pm

Accepting the cube and looking around for a bit, Venatus soon noticed the sewergate Scint was talking about. "Best toss you'll ever see pal, although I doubt it'll distract them much." Venatus admitted as he looked at the wooden cube. Surely this wouldn't work? With Celestia's blessing then. Venatus thought as he started preparing his throw.

Stretching his right hoof a few times and throwing the cube up and down in his hoof a few times to get a good feel for the weight, Venatus gave the group one final look. "Watch and be amazed everypony." Venatus said with a smile as he threw the cube, the cube spinning as it soared towards it's intended target.
warmen111
warmen111
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:53 pm

-And it missed. Completely-((8bit, love me))

That did it, Dax was officially bored out of his mind at Venatus' attitude. As Venatus readied his throw, Dax let out an irritated sigh.
He watched as the cube took flight, and also how it landed nowhere near the sewer grate as was intended. Instead, it landed halfway between the grate and the group because he had no grip, and it left his control too soon. Causing it to go too far up, and not far enough forward.

Dax let out a bored yawn, bored at Venatus' attempts at being cool, bored at the currant state of events and bored at how long this is taking. Dax is patient, but there are some circumstances where his patience just can't keep up. With Venatus around, that could be very often.

"Well, I have to say that was quite amazing, in it's own way." He said as he dropped the supplies he was carrying. "I'll see if I can work wonders elsewhere, then meet-up with you later." He said as he quickly snuck away from the group, before any complaints could be made.

Once he was far enough away from the group, Dax went back to a casual walk. Going onto his hind-legs again, aiming to take his book back out. But in the attempt, he didn't watch where his talons were going, and took a heavy trip forward thanks an awkwardly placed rock.
He wasn't the only one to fly forward and hit the ground, because he so casually holds his two-handed sword, it also flew out of his grip as he fell. Landing on the ground with a loud, sword-meet-ground noise. "Ow! I did not see that!" He said loudly with an annoyed tone of voice. "This isn't what I mean't by 'Work wonders'." He said afterwards, as he got up again and dusted himself off.

Last edited by Scrapper on Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by warmen111 Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:32 am

Venatus gave the griffon a glare as he noticed Dax yawning, who did that griffon think that he was? Daring to mock him! "You better..." Venatus hissed out quietly in annoyance as he took one of the lighter bags of Dax in his mouth. Not even someone as amazing as him could carry much more than the already heavy load on his back and sides after all.

Not long after Dax had left, Venatus winched as he could hear the sound of a clattering sword falling on the ground, the sound ever so lightly echoing through the alley. That sure got their attention at least, let's hope that worm eater won't be taken into custody. Venatus thought as he glanced backwards, almost as if expecting to see Dax running back with guards on his tail.
warmen111
warmen111
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:50 am

it's really too bad Dax left without a chance to complain, because thing's were about to go very, very badly. Scint wanted to stop him, whispering, "no, nonono!" but it still was a whisper. the cube was meant to burst into a flash of light any second now, and Lance could only look in terror as to what the guard would think of a sword-armed pony and an explosive flash of light. and even then, the cube unfortunately landed somewhat near the group. Scint started ahead, still trying to whisper, "don't look at it and move!"

loud echo of pure energy emitted from the cube, and then an intense flash of light erupted; any-pony looking in its general direction would suffer a flash-blinding of varying duration, as short as some ten seconds, or as long as a minute, depending on their sensitivity to light.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:25 am

Ruby didn't even care about Dax blowing their cover, for it was already gone anyway. She very much expected a burst of light, and if it was potent enough to work out of a sewer grate, it would reder her shadow spell useless. Instead, she shot a short angry glare at Venatus for missig right when the flashbag went off. A momentary strengthening of her spell avoided long blindness for those in range, but she knew that they had been visible for a short moment. "Scintillance... next time, let me do the throwing."

Another moment later, there was a much weaker flash further down the road, leaving behind a unicorn, while the thestral decided to cut off the way back. No doubt more guards were on the way.

"Since stealth is no option now, I'll take it from here," Silver anounced, an unhappy frow upon his face and trying to blink his eyes clear. "Valet, we'll take you up on your word. Explain to them that you're with us willingly. We'll go ahead and wait for you outside of town, on the path to the forest. If you take longer than an hour, we'll assume you're not coming. Ruby, drop the spells."

Ruby did as ordered, after making sure that her hood was pulled deep into her face, and her features weren't recognizable.

Last edited by Syron on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-Icecube Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:48 pm

The young mare looked appalled as all the stallions bluntly ignored everything she had to say.  Confusion entered her expression when the Griffon fled the scene, the snarky remarks, bad throws, bright flashes and warnings and running away. The cloud of emotions and confusion just stunned the little filly, but the blotched darkness was rend asunder by Silver's clear voice. 
The expedition leader's commands brought clarity to Valet's situation. In an single instant she understood and brought an adorable salute. "YES SIR!" With that she turned around and started waving at the pegasi guard. Trying to get his attention and explain this whole mess to him, or somepony more important.
8bit-Icecube
8bit-Icecube
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:50 pm

The batpony guard had eyed Dax from the moment he stepped out of the shadows until his unfortunate stumble, and slowly walked up to him. Before he got to say anything, the shadows suddenly retreated, and revealed the rest of the group, including the filly they were searching for. While this game of hide and seek added to the suspicion of taking such a young pony to the badlands, she was actually seperating from the group apparently wanting to talk. The worst case - involuntary involvement - seemed already refuted.

The guard waited in a distance far enough from the others to allow a private conversation, while he was joined by his pegasus companion and an earth pony galopping up from behind. "Good evening, Miss Sprigs," he eventually said when Valet had come near enough. "That's quite a strange group you've decided to travel with. And to a strange destination as well. May we ask what has driven you to join a badlands expedition?"

-----

Meanwhile Silver had called to Dax to come back and was leading the group down the street, towards where the recently arrived unicorn guard was currently waiting. Silver was the one to start the conversatio in this case. "I wouldn't have expected that a simple expedition catches the attetion of almost a fourth of the Dawn Guard."

"A full quarter, actually. It's not like we have much to do around here most of the time", he said with a chuckle. "And it's not everyday that we get a report of a local filly suddenly deciding to leave town on a dangerous journey. I mean no offense, but with a talent like hers, it's quite possible that less respectable ponies might want to get her in by all means necessary. We just wanted to make sure that joining you was actually her own decision, and that her parents are aware of this." He raised a sceptic brow. "That you've decided to hide didn't exactly bode well either."

"Yes, sorry for that, but we wanted to avoid the holdup," Silver explained apologetically. "Especially if you want to talk to her parents, I suspect it will take a while. If you don't mind, we've agreed to meet her again outside of town if everything checks out."

The unicorn looked to where his comrades were talking with Valet and nodded. "I have no reason to keep you here, since you're obviously not holding her against her will. Go ahead," he said and stood aside.

"Thank you." With that taking care of, the group continued their way unhindered.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:16 am

Scint was trying to hold back a lot of laughter as he realized how unnecessary all of this stealth malarchy was, considering how easily the dawn guard was just letting them walk away. any pony that would've been paying attention to him would have seemed his warped expression. He eventually stopped, shortly after the unicorn guard had left, "actually you guys can go on ahead, I really shouldn't leave my box-lamps all over the place. At the very least get Valet to pick up the pace. and with that, he turned and trotted back towards the scene of the crime. Although, part of him started to realize, Val's apparently, very popular.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:11 pm

Once Dax had dusted himself off to satisfaction, he checked that his bag was closed and his gear was still with him. Then, he went over and picked up his sword, and stuck to being on all-fours for now.

He was called back to the group, guess whatever he walked away from simply ended the sneaky way out. It still didn't look like anything was going to be any more interesting though.
As the group wandered away from Valet and Scintillance, Dax looked at Ruby, once again having a feeling that she had something to hide. Mainly, herself.
The mere involvement of Guards and she comes back running, urging the group to follow and 'Avoid' any delays. Not only that, but now he's seen her hide every detail she could in an effort to avoid recognition.

Ruby might notice the quiet attention Dax gave her, but whatever she did it, it was serious enough to avoid even the slightest hint of being recognised. He didn't know what it was, but he had the information he needed to be weary.
With a chuckle, he took the gear he was carrying moments ago off of Venatus. Freeing up his mouth, which he may regret, but he still had a calm posture. Still seemingly carefree.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by warmen111 Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:23 am

Venatus licked his lips a few times before spitting on the ground, he didn't know where Silver got those bags but they certainly weren't new. Or at least, didn't taste new. "Looks like our worm eater and we just in general came off pretty easy. I'd at least had expected a fine for causing such an uproar." Venatus stated as he spat on the ground once more, trying to get rid of the dusty flavor of the bags in his mouth.

Talking about dust. "In how many days were you planning to arrive in the badlands?" Venatus asked Silver as the group finally traded the alleys for the streets of Ponyville once more. "Maybe more importantly, how long did you want to stay inside of her?" Venatus asked, it wouldn't be the first time an inexperienced expedition leader would underestimate what the badlands asked and demanded of ponies. Then again, Silver didn't seem that inexperienced from initial impressions.
warmen111
warmen111
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-Icecube Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:22 pm

The filly's hooves slowly carried her towards the guard, her little heart racing harder every step. Her mind occupied, rehearsing her own reasons, trying to get out her story as it was. But with every inch that she neared the guard, the corners of her mouth dropped little by little. Her sight blurred and wavered enticing the visions of what yet to come or what could pass. 
Valet came to an halt, facing the guard in a moment of silence. Tears welled up in her violet eyes, sadness became her expression as she embraced him in a hug. Her lips hovered next to his ear, forming the whispers of her visions. "They won't weep for your family."
8bit-Icecube
8bit-Icecube
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:45 pm

Silver looked at Venatus as if he had said something strange... which he absolutely had. "Two weeks, if we're lucky," he answered. "And that you're calling the badlands 'her' is just weird when you say something like that."

Ruby had let herself fall back to walk behind most others, lazily looking around and not paying much attention to the conversation. Though she made a point of not looking like there was much on her mind (in the case that some sudden light should actually light her face up enough to be visible), she was looking for a missing pony that the others didn't even seem to realize was missing.

-----------

"Is something wrong?" the thestral carefully asked as Valet sadly looked up at him, right before her hooves were slung around his amored neck. He was about to return the hug and try to comfort the filly when he heard her whisper. He paused a moment after processing this message, before asking quietly, "Who do you mean by 'them'? The group you were with just now?"

Meanwhile the other guards had noticed Scintillance approach, and two of them went to meet him so that he couldn't listen in on the conversation. "Can we help you?" the unicorn asked when they were in talking distance, his earth pony comrade standing by his side.

Last edited by Syron on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by warmen111 Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:09 pm

Venatus' eyes slightly widened the moment he realized what he had said but shrugged. "It'd be disrespectful to call her anything else, even in a sentence like that. Besides, that was only further prove that the amazing Venatus is also the best at cracking jokes. Why, I'm making them without even realizing." Venatus continued, nothing wrong with the occasional (unintended) joke, right?
warmen111
warmen111
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:54 pm

Dax let out another yawn as Venatus finished talking, "Yeah, you're as good at making jokes as you are at being a liar." He said casually with a smirk, still, he did get irritated at the dirt that remained on his white feathers. Sighing occasionally when he notices more and stopping to try rub it off.

"Still, I wish I had to enough time to work wonders and distract the guards. I'm sure it would have been amazing!" He said with a chuckle.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:25 pm

Scint could see Valet's conversation from his distance, but did not hear. he assumed it was going well until he suddenly saw her taking a few steps closer and hugging the guard. still no words to be heard, but he knew the glint of tears when he saw them. not wanting to startle either the guard or Valet, he stood patiently, and awkwardly looking to his side rubbing a hoof to the back of his head.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by warmen111 Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:47 pm

Venatus ignored Dax's comment before giving the griffon a chuckle. "I couldn't agree more, I'm certain us busting you from prison would've been an amazing sight to behold. Although I must admit, I'd much rather prefer Ruby as the damsel in distress rather than you."  Venatus stated, obviously hoping to provoke a response from the mare. You needed some amusement to kill the time after all and depending on the mood of the guards, there was a good chance it would still take a while before Valet and Lance would be back.
warmen111
warmen111
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-Icecube Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:11 am

The filly gasped as if hit by cold water, releasing the hug and took a step back. Slowly she rubbed her eyes, showing the normal glint in her eyes. "Oh, uhm, yes, I need to leave with them. Otherwise.... I can't say much otherwise... Uhm, I'm making things worse already." She said, answering the guard's question. Valet took a deep breath and recollected herself. "Tell Princess Sparkle that it's going to be okay. I need to follow them."
8bit-Icecube
8bit-Icecube
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next