MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What lies within [Syron, Scrapper, maybe Scintillance]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What lies within [Syron, Scrapper, maybe Scintillance] Empty What lies within [Syron, Scrapper, maybe Scintillance]

Post by Syron Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:47 am

((Continuation from The Downtown Barbecue))

Shade heard and felt several impacts into the two bodies she was levitating besides her as Scrapper was carrying her out of the frying pan. He had almost reached the side street before a bolt found its way past the morbid cover and into her left forehoof. A short scream escaped her and she almost lost balance as the piercing pain registered. Facing towards Scrappers tail, she held a rather awkward position lying flat on his back, with her hind legs pressing against his ribcage to give her proper hold, and her front hooves now pulled close to lick her new wound. Her magic had collapsed, but thankfully the griffons would have to catch up before they could take another shot. Though the pain was a huge distraction, she kept an eye out for them.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

What lies within [Syron, Scrapper, maybe Scintillance] Empty Re: What lies within [Syron, Scrapper, maybe Scintillance]

Post by Scrapper Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:31 pm

Feral kept moving in the opposite direction, not really sure where he was going but he was going there. He did felt the need to stop a check on Shade after he heard her scream, but if he stopped he risked letting the pursuers catch up if they were actually trying.

He just ran, guided by his other self. Eventually he came to a familiar spot, the entrance to their 'Home'. He gently got Shade of of his back and opened the grate, then he took his time helping her down the ladder, making sure to shut the grate behind them.
Once they were down, he helped Shade over to the mattress and lit the torches. Once that routine was done, he walked back and fourth in the middle of the room, mumbling incoherently and occasionally tapping his forehead with his right hoof.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet
Alignment: Shadowsun
Profession: Big, tough, badass everybody wants to be

Back to top Go down

What lies within [Syron, Scrapper, maybe Scintillance] Empty Re: What lies within [Syron, Scrapper, maybe Scintillance]

Post by Syron Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:25 pm

Shade kept looking out for trouble until Scrapper slowed down. Only now she recognized the area they were in. If they had been followed, this would have been bad, but all seemed clear. No pursuers had shown themselves. Their hideout was probably still secure.

Scrapper seemed to have mostly regained his senses, or that other "him" was actually capable of more than blind rage. Either way, she was grateful for the help as she made the climb down, with the bolt still sticking out of her hoof. Especially the last part, the rope from the hole in the ceiling to the ground would have been difficult if Scrapper hadn't been there to catch her, so that she could simply let herself fall.

Once she had settled down she magically pulled out the unwelcome shaft, holding back a pained gasp as it came free. It bled only little, and if the bolt had been a little further off it would have been little more than a matter of hooficure, but as it was the bolt had hit bone, a bit under the lowest joint, and made her painfully aware of that. There was also the very real chance of infection.

She looked at Scrapper and was lost in thought for a moment. They had to see Silvern. If anypony could help him, it was her. After all, this was possibly even her fault. She had done the magical operation to remove that damned spell from Scrapper's mind. But how would his new second personality think of taking measures to remove him?

"Who am I speaking with?" she finally broke the silence.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:11 pm

Feral was interrupted by another question, one he couldn't answer. He looked at Shade for a few seconds, occasionally looking around for a way to communicate but not see any hint of that.

So he just shrugged, not sure how to answer or what to actually do. He just wanted to kill something, the twitch in his eyes would tell that much at least.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:15 pm

"Not Scrapper then." Shade frowned for a moment, but then quickly put on a mask of neutrality. "Do you know where he keeps his booze?"
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:36 pm

'Oh lovely, there's only one thing I'll hate about this if it happens. Other than that, go ahead.'

Feral looked around some more, eventually setting his eyes on a huge pile of boxes filled with junk Scrapper uses to make things. Usually, they'd be lifted and placed out of the way when looking for things but in this case, Feral didn't care to much, and knocked over a couple of boxes to get to one near the back.

'Hey! Hey! Gently you lumbering sack of shite, I need that stuff!'

The Box itself wasn't to big, maybe about Shade's size if a clone of her was place right next to her. So it was pretty easy to carry over to Shade and pop open for her.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:19 pm

Shade frowned again when he basically barreled through Scrapper's stuff, but simply said "Thanks" when he brought back the box. Quickly skimming over the contents, she pulled out a bottle that claimed to contain a nice percentage of 80% alcohol (Really? Scrapper, you drink too much). Another bottle, this one filled with water, floated to her from their stash and she began cleaning the wound, clenching her teeth when she applied the alcohol. Then she poured a bit of it on a bandage and wrapped it around her hoof. She undid the makeshift bandages for the cuts she has suffered earlier and repeated the process.

When she was finished she stowed everything away and looked at Not-Scrapper. A kiss used to do the trick. I guess it's worth a shot. She put on a seductive smile, careful not to put any weight on her left forehoof, and casually apprached him. Since he still looked like Scrapper, it was easy to get in the right mindset. Let's see if you can keep control through this.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:54 pm

Feral was easily distracted, but in this environment, nothing really could distract him from how Shade was looking at him. Which was made easier by the glow given off by his eyes.

Where as Scrapper would know what's coming, Feral did not exactly understand. So all he did was look back, wondering why she was looking at him like that. Then, once she closed the distance he was casually caught off-guard.
Luckily for Shade, Feral has already been in control for a while. And since he has no real objective any more, the combination of Shade kissing him and Scrapper taking the chance of control himself again, finally managed to swap their places. This wouldn't work all the time, but it'll make Shade happy for now.

Scrapper however...

If Shade was paying attention, she'd notice the glowing red emitting from Scrapper's eye's fade away. Then Scrapper suddenly broke away, going into a coughing fit.
"Hah... Luna help me... I'm coughing up blood that ain't mine..." He managed to get out before coughing some more. His body felt like he'd been thrown into a meat grinder and he felt exhausted.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:30 pm

"At least you're yourself again", Shade said smilingly, restraining herself not to kiss him again right away from joy that it actually worked. However, the smile didn't stay long. "We need to go to Sil."
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:37 pm

"I don't even... know what happened up there... I just remember you..." He said with heavy breaths. He examined himself, and for the first time he noticed how his hooves were covered in blood and he himself was sub-par.

"Yeah, I guess that'd be the best option right about now." He said after waiting a bit to catch his breath
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:49 pm

"Though maybe we should clean up first", Shade said. She wasn't quite drenched in blood as he was, but the parts of her coat that hadn't gotten a red shimmer under her cloak had at least collected quite a bit of sweat. "You really don't remember what happened up there?" she asked as she turned on their makeshift shower.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:57 pm

"No, I can't recall a thing other than trying to get myself to keep you safe... I don't even think I want to know." He said as he forced his already tired legs to take off his hoody and facemask, a shame really. Both things were now badly torn and stained with blood, hardly usable any more. With a sigh, he rolled both up and tossed them into a corner. Then joined Shade.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:15 pm

Shade already stood beneath the water strea when she took off her cloak, trying to wash the blood out while it was still mostly fresh. Her weapons harness got put to the side. "You appear to have a second personality", she explained glumly. "He seems to completely give in to his emotions, especially anger. Before I found him he was completely feral." She paused a moment in thought. "Mh, that sounds like a suitable name for him. Feral." A moment later she shook her head in annoyance. "Ugh, now I'm already naming that thing."
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:25 pm

"Great, great. That's all I need. Something else that might put you in danger." he said with annoyance in his voice. He too focused on washing off the blood, though in true Scrapper fashion he turned it into a game. "Not mine... not mine... noooope.... Oh, that's some of mine right there. Ow. What a mild irritance."
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:45 pm

Shade chuckled silently at Scrapper's usual antics. He never took his injuries seriously. Why would he? He was too good to die anyway! He had an extraordinary ego, and though it made him reckless, Shade wouldn't want to miss it. The other one however was more than just reckless. "Your memories are correct. He wanted to protect me. I think. He noticably calmed down when he recognized me, and he eventually got us out of the trouble he had gotten us into." Recalling the events, she added, "I won't be surprised if we see wanted posters of us soon. There's little chance that the griffons don't want to arrest you, and they got a good look."
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:56 pm

"No doubt about that Las, more reason to add to my depression at losing my mask and clothes." He said as he continued to clean himself.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:36 pm

Shade momentarily interrupted her own cleaning. Though he was still joking, he definitely sounded... well, not sad, but also not weapon-grade self-confidence like usual. "It's not your fault", she said, looking him in the eyes. "If anything, it's... well, Feral's fault. And I hope he heard that." She momentarily put a scolding grimace, addressed to the blind passenger, but didn't hold it for long. "Regardless, I shouldn't need to tell you that we'll get through this, that's your job. Don't tell me you actually doubt yourself for once!"
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:53 pm

"Well, he IS me." He said blatantly.
"Though, that's not what's bothering me. After what just happened, I feel like... something is coming. It is possibly the worst time for it, but whatever it is It'll be quite big, and I don't know what it is." He said as he checked over himself to make sure he got everything.

Once he was happy with the effort, he gave Shade a kiss and moved away from the shower to patch up the few wounds he did have. "Don't worry about me, Las. If I'm gonna be paranoid like a colt on his first day to school then that should stay my problem."
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:25 pm

"I don't think in terms of 'your' or 'my' problems anymore", Shade said as she finished cleaning herself up. After closing the valve and levitating most of the water out of her coat she put her weapon harness back on, and hung her soaking wet cloak over a pipe. Luckily, she did have a spare. Simple, black cloaks weren't too uncommon.

So far, she had kept her injured safely off the ground, but now that she was going to walk quite a way to Silvern's shop, she tried to put some weith on it.

... and quickly aborted with a hiss. "Stupid griffons. Do they think it's fun to hobble around?"
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:31 pm

"Do I get to be your taxi again? I mean it's why I'm so useful, being your personal taxi." He said with a chuckle. Finishing up with the bandages, though he looked at them with a kind of idea, but he wouldn't bother with it right now.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:42 pm

"As long as we don't go into public, I'll take you up on that offer", Shade said and hobbled over to board the taxi. Facing forward this time.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:45 pm

"You're like a feather to me, mind holding a giant boulder or two? Could use the exercise!" He said as Shade settled on his back. To which he then proceeded in the general direction of Sil's shop.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:07 pm

Shade stayed silent on the way, her head resting on Scrapper's neck. Big stallions were comfortable to ride on.

Her mind quickly drifted off, only now beginning to put the whole situation together. And the picture wasn't nice. They unexpectedly got an unwanted family member, setting a new record of insanity for the couple. And it had already been high, with Shade running berzerk if she let her emotions go free. Around Scrapper, it wasn't so bad. She needed him as reminder that she hadn't lost everything yet. But his mental state was currently questionable at best. Who knew how often Feral would come through. Feral definitely wasn't the pony Shade needed.

They passed by a tunnel Shade immediately recognized. She entered it often. It was the final resting place of Apollo. The last one to die of her old friends. As her thoughts turned towards them, there was no holding back the tears. But - not to worry Scrapper, not now - she held back any sounds of sobbing.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:23 pm

((All aboard the Timeskip train!))

After a while navigating the vast maze of tunnels, Scrapper saw his destination, if Sil was home, she'd have noticed them by now. He let Shade off of his back and gave the door a knock. Still not really sure how it works.
Then it kinda hit him, he was covered in blood a while ago. What kind of harm did he really cause? Who saw it? Would he be considered an enemy to the rebellion? He wasn't sure, he just had to go along with it.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:53 pm

They had to wait unusually long, but eventually the door opened and granted them access to the concrete tunnel behind it. Shade shut off her horn, the light now being provided by a crystal on the ceiling, and hobbled inside. The door shut closed behind them before the next one opened, leading them into the salesroom of the artifact shop. Silvern Gleam was of course already waiting there for them, with a frown on her face. "You know that I have orders to arrest Scrapper, yes?"

"Try that and I won't hesitate to kill you!" Shade angrily snapped back, horn aglow again.

Silvern was unimpressed. "In case of my death the security will go to high alert and blast everyone it doesn't know. You'd be locked in a hostile environment, and I didn't receive those orders without some soldiers to actually execute them."

"However, they don't know you're here, and I'm not yet sure if I should follow orders at the moment", she continued before either of them could reply. "Care helping in the decision process?"

Shade glowered at the merchant (and commander of the rebellion), but accepted that she couldn't defeat Silvern in her own home. At least they were going to have a chance at resolving this peacefully.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:09 pm

"Fantastic, I literally just saw this coming." He said with a sigh.
"Look, I don't plan on going against you here. I'll surrender without a problem, if I was concerned about hiding I wouldn't be hear right now. As a matter of fact, I'm here to ask for help again." He said raising a hoof to try a signal he had no bad intentions.

"I miiiiight have lost my mind, or rather, gained another one." He said after a few seconds.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:06 am

"What?!?" Shade exclaimed, looking at Scrapper in disbelief, before turning back to Sil. "Though I disagree with surrendering like this, you're probably the only one who can do anything against this."

"I'm sorry to say this, but I can't", the blind mare replied sadly. "I apparently failed the last time, and I don't even know where to start now. I'm sorry. The question now is how well you can control it. From what I've heard, not sufficiently."

"I'll be able to keep him calm", Shade immediately claimed, having already been successful. Still, she wasn't really sure about it.

"Do you want to bet your lives on it?"
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:39 am

Scrapper turned Shade to face him and looked her in the eye's, "Las, she isn't wrong. If it really comes down to how well I can control it then I'd rather be learning where I wasn't a threat to you, or anyone else. In a cell if need be." He then brought her closer and gave her a hug, whispering, "If it comes down to it, I think Feral will be the one who keeps me alive."

He turned back to Silvern, "For a while before now, I've noticed my mindset being odd and uncontrollable. I've went into daydreams at the worst possible times, it generally made thinking difficult. Ever since now, I feel perfectly normal, but not alone." he said, chuckling to himself from the way he was saying it.
"If that shows anything to my chances of controlling it then maybe you can get me a comfy cell rather than a rubbish one!"
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:21 am

Shade didn't like it. Yes, she wanted to bet their lives on it! If it was to end in their death, then so be it! It's not like they needed to care anymore when they're dead. More importantly, she knew how being parted from Scrapper would affect her. She'd lose it, and get herself killed. Then Scrapper would have lost her. Then he would be hurt. She couldn't let that happen.

But Scrapper wanted to do this. And logically, it was the right choice. If he could learn to control it, it was better done where the risks were minimal. Still, she couldn't stand the thought of not having Scrapper at her side even temporarily. That left a compromise.

"On two conditions", she said demandingly when she had calmed herself. "He'll be treated as a patient, not a prisoner, and I have access to him at all times."

Silvern nodded. "I think that can be arranged."
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:30 am

Scrapper shrugged, "Well, Patient sounds less awesome than prisoner but It'll do!" He said with a cheerful tone.

"Feel free to call in the cavalry, I ain't going anywhere any time soon am I?" He said jokingly, doing a good job to seem like he was pretty careless to the situation.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:39 am

"Please follow me", Sil said as she turned to the second door in the room, leading to the rest of her home. The carpet of the selling room didn't continue, and gave way to bare concrete. The corridor wasn't long, and ended in a large, circular room that featured a few few seating accomodations and the usual light crystals, but was otherwise boringly gray. It's main purpose seemed to be as a Hub, judging by the five doors (the one they had just come through included). Also, it was currently inhabited by four ponies in light armor playing cards at a table.

"Gentlecolts, our delinquent has just turned himself in", Sil announced as she entered the room to make sure there wouldn't be an overreaction at Scrapper's appearance. However, after the rather horrifying story from the riots, they still saw fit to their weapons and move to surround them, looking at Scrapper with disgust, and even hate. "Put away your weapons. We'll escort him peacefully to the HQ, no need to get violent", Silvern ordered, but was met with hesitation.

"Ma'am, he's a mass murderer, and reported insane-"

"- which is exactly why he can't be held responsible for his actions", Sil interrupted the soldier. "If he suffers a fallback I'll notice early enough for us to take countermeasures. Now put down your weapons or you'll find yourself in a more uncomfortable cell than he."

Shade watched the scene with restrained loathing. Oh, how she would have loved ripping their throats open. But that wouldn't have helped. Letting Sil handle it was the only sensible course of action, and apparently it was working, as the weapons were put back into their sheathes.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:28 am

Scrapper just shrugged, tempted to try and scare one of them a little bit but he didn't want to poke their already big temper. They had every right to hate him, Celestia knows what he did up there. Though whether he himself deserved it, or some other part of him did, was debatable.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:28 am

The situation sufficiently settled, Silvern went to the first door on the left. The soldiers settled into formation around Shade and Scrapper, two before them, two behind, still glaring at Scrapper. However, as they started walking, their attention was quickly caught by Shadowstrike. Stupid griffons! she thought once again, trying to ignore the fact that her hobbling was rather awkward and slowing them down.

Naturally, Silvern noticed as well, and before she even opened the door she turned around again. "Maybe we should take care of that injury first. How much magic do you have left?"

"Not enough. I burnt quite a bit earlier", Shade answered drily. Their guards were three earth ponies and a pegasus, and she had already figured out that Sil didn't have much magic to work with even if she was at full strength. There was nobody to power Sil's healing artifact.

"That was that then... I'll get it anyway, there'll be somepony at the headquarters", Sil said and momentarily disappeared behind another door.

"How far are the headquarters away?" Shade asked wearily.

"About 20 to 30 minutes", one of the guards answered.

"At normal walking speed", another one added.

"Great..." Shade sighed just as Silvern came back and finally opened their path.

Last edited by Syron on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:26 pm

Scrapper kinda felt bad, but Shade didn't seem to want to be helped around when others would see her. Maybe it was the whole, intimidation factor or some kind of reputation he was unaware of.

So he just walked with them. Though the consistent looks from the soldiers were irritating him. May as well return the favour, he said to himself. Scrapper started whistling a tune, and considering the guards thoughts on him, they'd hopefully react badly to the noise. Especially since he was purposefully whistling loudly.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:47 pm

Behind the door was a set of stairs leading down, soon making a 180° turn and bringing them to two moor doors, one straight ahead and one to the left. The took the left one and left the concrete and light crystals behind. The guard were prepared for this and lit lanterns. From then on, it was going mostly straight onwards, at an uncomfortably low speed, thanks to Shade.

She was a proud mare. She didn't like to show weakness, always aiming to make it clear that she was not to be toyed with. If they tried, she would be able to put them into their place. Well... a small, hobbling mare with nearly no magic wasn't very impressive, which made her act little more than a farce. And she was sufficiently aware of that to make her feel awkward, even without being carried around.

"Screw it", she mumbled after a short while and climbed on Scrapper's back. At the very least, that was way more comfortable. And they were much quicker.

The tunnel led directly to the headquarters, and a short way in the number of ponies increased immensely. Silvern sent one of the guards off to inform Silver Lining that Scrapper was now detained and on the way to a cell. The way was at its end only two minutes later, in front of a two-bed cell.

"This is only temporary, until a better accomodation is prepared", Sil said, as a guard opened the door. "Before I go explaining this to Silver: Your weapons please."

Though it was another thing Shade was unhappy with, she complied without complain. She couldn't be fully disarmed anyway unless her horn was damaged. She took off her weapons harness and gave it to a guard, by that relieving herself of her throwing knives, Shadowfang, and a collection of lock-picks.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:04 pm

Scrapper lost his bag during the riot, and everything else was at home. Great chance for a joke!
"Well uhhh... I don't have anything on me right now. Unless you count my hooves as weapons theeeen, I'll just hop into the confiscated items box!" He said as he went into the cell. If Shade couldn't tell he was back to normal by now then, maybe she'd noticed how he literally wasn't taking anything seriously. But then again, that's normal!
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:13 pm

"I'll be back with Silver soon", Sil said, and left after the door was closed and the guards informed that Shade was to be let out or in as she wished, under the condition that she didn't try to smuggle something in. She knew that Shade's shurikens couldn't be taken from her, but chose to simply accept that.

Shade had climbed off Scrapper and after the guards had retreated to the end of the corridor simplay sat down and stared blankly out. "I wouldn't have thought to ever find myself in a cell on my own volition."
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:18 pm

"And I can't wait to get bored as Silver casually comes in, looks at me with disgust then yells at me a little. It'll happen, everyone else seems to be following that trend." He said cheerfully, going over and sitting on one of the beds.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:23 pm

"Good to see you're back to joking around." Shade smiled tiredly. "While we wait, we might as well use the time." "She looked at Scrapper curiously. "Ever meditated before?"
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:26 pm

"Do I look like I've lived in the hills, wearing robes and vowing silence to you?" He said, smiling back.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:36 pm

"Do I look like..." Shade suddenly paused, putting a hoof at her chin. "Huh, that description actually does fit me. At the time I learned it I did live very secluded" she said with a chuckle. "Anyway, once you learned how to truly focus on yourself, it's a great way to figure yourself out. Or in your case, figure out the passenger. Care to give it a try?"
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:41 pm

"I can't sour my tough looks by being all monk-like!" He said in a fake, foalish angry tone.
"Alright, alright. Hopefully other me likes fluffy pink houses and rainbows"
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:05 pm

"I can guarantee you, it involves no rainbows, and no fluffy pink houses. Unless you make yourself think about that, and that would be your own fault", quipped back and started the lesson.

---------------

Shade had expected it to be difficult. Scrapper wasn't one to fully calm down, much less lock out the world around him, and so she wasn't worried that the first twenty minutes didn't bring much success. Shade had wisely avoided telling him any cheesy scenarios to lull him in, as that would certainly only distract him. The task for him had simply been to concentrate on anything within him: His breath, his heartbeat, his thoughts. Probably he was thinking that this was boring, which of course wasn't a very helpful thought, but meditation simply wasn't exciting.

After a much too short time of about 20 minutes, the lock on the door turned, causing Shade to open her eyes. As expected, Silver Lining stepped in, accompanied by Sil. The leader of the rebellion looked at Scrapper with a stony expression, staying silent for a short while. When she finally spoke, her voice was calm, but Shade recognized it as fake. This mare was everything else than calm right now. "Do you know what you've done?"
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:12 pm

"Lady, that's like asking me if I knew what the Griffon's master plan was. I have an few guesses, but other than that I have no fookin' idea." He said back to Silver, clearly not focused on manners considering she didn't even knock. How rude!

(( 'Fookin' Just just saying 'Fucking' only written to sound more British. YEAH! ))
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:44 pm

"Over twenty", Silver said accusingly. "We don't know the exact number. No regard for what they were actually doing. Even those who couldn't possibly harm you, those who were trying to flee. You killed them all." At this point she didn't even bother hiding her disgust. "Silvern told me that this... thing can't be removed. That being so, I'm not sure what you're attempting to do. I don't care about how much you think you can 'control' it, I'm not going let a monster like this roam free."

"So what? Lock him up forever? That would be crueler than his mass murder", Shade replied, making a point in staying collected. Getting angry herself would do nothing good. "I'm dealing with a very similar problem for half my life now, and so far you didn't have any objections towards my behavior. Such things can be controlled, and you'll either see it, or there comes a day that I get him out of here."

"Don't stretch your luck", Silver warned her coldly. "For now you're free to visit him any time, but that will quickly change if anything suspicious happens. If it wasn't for Sil that agreement would have never happened in the first place."

Speaking of Sil, she kept silent during the exchange. Shade's guess was that she had already gotten a chewing out, and didn't want to strain Silver's temper even further.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:25 pm

"Me, me, me... It's all about what I did." he said, eventually standing up and taking a step towards Silver.

He just looked at Silver and chuckled, "Oh, you're so bloody scary I might just wet myself!" He said happily. Everyone else seemed to be mostly silent around Silver, him? He found her reaction to him funny.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:51 pm

Silver Lining might not have been scary. Scrapper however, in light of his mental state, very much was. Silver had to fight to keep her ground and not take a few step back from the earth pony stallion. Her expression was much more composed, but the twitching leg was there. "I'm not here to scare anypony, I'm only here to make my point. Unless that monster is gone, I'm not letting you go." She turned around and left the cell regardless of a reply, while Sil remained.

"Sorry about that. The riots haven't been nice to her nerves."

"Sounds like Scrapper was the overly large straw that broke the camel's back."

"You could say that. Currently she's generally disappointed with ponykind, and that's expressing it lightly." Just as she finished saying that, she bit her lip. "I shouldn't have told you that."

"Don't worry. Unless we have substantial reason to bring her down, we won't spread rumors about your leader's shortcomings", Shade said with a chuckle.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Scrapper was quite happy with how that went, honestly he was expecting another yelling but oh well. He turned around and lay down on his bed.

"I might as well get comfy, not getting outta here any time soon." He said, following it with a yawn.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:01 pm

"As I promised, a more comfortable room is being prepared, so at least you'll get out of this particular cell", Silvern said. "Which is missing a toilet and thus isn't very suitable for long term detention anyway. However, it will take a while longer. In the meantime, since I have a feeling that you haven't eaten since that riot, may I offer you something from the kitchens?"

"I could definitely need something", Shade answered.

"Then, if you'd please help me selecting and carrying."

"You ask the hobbling one?"

"Better than the one who actually isn't allowed to leave this cell."

Shade hobbled to Scrapper and gave him a quick kiss. "I'll be right back."

The mares left the cell and the door was locked behind them. It didn't take long for Sil to start up a conversation. "So, you have a second personality that you've learned to suppress?"

"What?" Shade looked confused for a moment, until she realized the reference to what she had said to Silver. "Oh, no! Rather, a part of my single personality is a pretty nasty, and very angry beast. Really, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

"I'll remember that", Sil chuckled. "If both problems are anger related, then you might have a good chance. But still, you can only hope that he learns to control it in time."

Shade raised an eyebrow. "It's not like we have a set time limit, unless Silver suddenly decides to execute him."

Silvern didn't immediately answer, but an uneasy expression told Shade that something was on her mind. "You don't know, do you?" Sil eventually asked, just as they were reaching the kitchens.

"Know what?" Shade was wildly thinking about what could possibly impose some time limit upon them, besides Silver Lining. Maybe the griffons, but there was no way of telling how long they would need to find Scrapper in a cell in the rebel headquarters. Or maybe there was a bounty already on him? Ponies currently had much reason to hate him, so the Undercity wasn't really the safest place in this regard.

Unfortunately, Sil decided to hold back the answer for a little while longer. "I'll tell you when we're out of here again."

Silvern's entrance had caught the attention of an earth pony working here, who immediately interrupted his work (cutting various vegetables) and approached them. "Ma'am", he greeted Sil. "What can I get you?"

Sil turned to Shade and relayed the question. "What should it be?"

Shade needed a moment to clear her head before responding. "Any vegetables that don't need to be cooked are fine, especially carrots. And if you have enough, I won't say no to flowers."

"For two ponies", Silvern added.

"Quick snack, heh?"

"Quick, yes. Snack, not so much", Shade corrected him. "I simply don't usually bother to put much work into preparing food when most can be eaten as is."

The earth pony smirked. "Well, now you got me doing the work for you. Would be a wasted chance, wouldn't it?"

Being offered so directly, Shade didn't need long to take him up on it. "Alright, pancakes."

"Coming right up!"

A moment later, she already regretted it. That order would take time, leaving her to guess what Silvern might have meant. Raw food would have gotten the question answered so much quicker.

Silvern sighed at Shade's slow pacing. "Now I've set a worm in your head, haven't I?"

The black mare looked around, and saw nopony nearby. "Nobody's listening. You might as well tell me now."

Sil was uneasy, which in turn made Shade nervous. But it took no further urging. "Alright. Shadowstrike, you're pregnant."

"..."

"Uhm, are you alright?" Being blind as she was, Sil didn't see Shade's frozen expression. Frozen, with the exception of a lightly twitching eye.

"Could you say that again?" she asked cautiously, inwardly hoping that her ears had played some evil trick on her, or that Sil was joking.

"I think you understood alright. You're carrying a foal."

No such luck. Of course, it was entirely possible. She and Scrapper had been careless two times, and Shade hadn't even thought of the consequences afterwards! "I think I need a minute." She plopped down right where she stood, her head swirling from the unexpected revelation. I can't raise a foal. I live in the bucking sewers! And both parents are evidently insane! How the heck could I let this happen? ...

She didn't know how much time had passed when Sil nudged her out of her stupor. "The food's ready."

Shade absentmindedly looked at Sil, then at the earth pony carrying two plates with a stack of pancakes on each. "Thankes", she mumbled, barely audible, as she took the plates into her telekinesis, and followed Sil back to the cell. The artifact merchant didn't know what to say anymore, and Shade was busy enough with her thoughts, so they passed the walk in silence. Before they reached the cell however, Sil held out a hoof to stop Shade.

"You might want to collect yourself before you go in there."

Yes, of course. Facing Scrapper like this would take every kind of control over the situation from her, and she already wasn't sure if she even wanted to tell him. Eventually she'd have to, but now? She closed her eyes and called her thoughts to order.  It wasn't perfect. She could hide a lot of emotional trouble, but Scrapper knew her well enough to pick up on the signs. What would she tell him if he did? Certainly not that everything's alright, that would only be an insult to him. But as long as she didn't tell him it would be a lie anyway. No, don't lie to your friends! If anything, tell him that you're not ready to tell him!

It took almost two minutes before Shade opened her eyes again, calm and collected again to the outside. Or at least to those who didn't know her well enough. Scrapper would notice that she wasn't displaying her emotions as she usually did in private quickly. But it was the best she could deliver.

"I'll leave you two alone then. I'll come back when the other room is ready", Sil took her leave when Shade entered the cell, with the pancakes floating behind her.

"Bon appétit!" Shade said with a fake smile as she floated one of the plates directly before Scrapper's muzzle.

Last edited by Syron on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:32 pm

And like smashing a buzzer until it breaks at a quiz show, Scrapper immediately noticed the difference in Shade simply by what she said. Didn't even have to look at her.

"Uhh, thanks for that." He said, suspicion easily audible in his voice as he went through a list of things that she could have been told while she was getting the food.
Were they actually going to kill him? No, Shade would be a bit more serious than if it involved either of them in that way. He wasn't really sure, but he'll keep browsing as he talked.

"So uhh, wanna tell me why you've suddenly had a personality change in under an hour?" He said, taking a direct jab at the hidden issue.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next