MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worthless Hunk of Shit [Closed] (Dated)

4 posters

Go down

Worthless Hunk of Shit [Closed] (Dated) Empty Worthless Hunk of Shit [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Iris Hawkeye Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:15 am

Oct 26, Year 4

*Zweihander's sword is lying in the middle of the street, abandoned.*
Iris Hawkeye
Iris Hawkeye
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment: Unaligned
Profession: None

Back to top Go down

Worthless Hunk of Shit [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: Worthless Hunk of Shit [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Rationale Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:13 pm

It was the daytime, a perfect time to go out and see the wares that were provided by ponies, both on the rebel and neutral side. Rationale was trotting down the street, after abandoning his cottage. He just had a previous therapy experience with two lovers that were having trouble trusting each other, and he was barely able to save the couple from going into a complete verbal fight on his watch. The last thing that the rebels needed was to be brought further apart. If they had any chance of taking down the Griffins, Rationale had to help in whatever way that he could. He heard a small clang and looked down.

He had stepped upon a sword that was left on the ground. The sword was huge, probably unable to be held by him alone. His horn glowed a forest green color, and he levitated the object in midair. His eyes widened as he noticed all of the engravings and markings on the sword. Who would just throw this away? Rationale looked left and then right, before attaching the sword to his body. He let out a small grunt as the weight applied to his body, and he cast a spell to make the sword less heavy on himself. It worked, but he still felt his movement somewhat restrained. He stood there for a moment as he thought. "Do I go home and hide this, or keep it with me? Weapons are forbidden by Griffin law... but I am capable of running away from guards if I need to. I'll stay." He said, as he started to walk down the street.
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

http://abagofvicodin.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Worthless Hunk of Shit [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: Worthless Hunk of Shit [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Contra Wain Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:55 pm

Garbage, Garbage, can get a better deal on that up north. That looks rotten Where Contra Wain's thought browsing the shops on main street.
And to think high society was walking here 10 years ago. They would all have a heart attack if they saw the place now.

Looking around, Contra Wain noticed a forest green unicorn strap something to his side with his magic before sagging a bit to the side thanks to the thing that the unicorn just picked up.
That looks weird. Just what the heck is that unicorn doing? Contra Wain thought before seeing the unicorn walk away a bit more forced then normal. Deciding to see just what was up with the unicorn, Contra Wain went and followed him.

Getting close enough to talk and grab the unicorns shoulder, Contra Wain said "Well hello there, what brings you to this nice street? Looking for something good? You need it, we got it. Even the special stuff." while grabbing one of the unicorns shoulders with his left front hoof.

Contra Wain
Contra Wain
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Merchant/Smuggeler

http://shanaarwot.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:13 pm

Jack trotts down the main street. Again he needs some ingredients to stock up his kitchen. "Mhm...lets see what we've got here" he mumbles and looks on his shopping list. He wants to try out an old reciepe, his mum always did and he refound it in a cooking book . "Hmmm.. some of them are really rare these times. If someones sells them, they probably want a lot of money for it".
He counts the bits in his leather bag. " I hope 75 bits will do it" he thinks and puts the leather bag under his wing.

In front of him is a dark red pony, who talks to a green one. The green pony is carrying a huge sword. Jack wonders:" No way he could fight with this big sword" and looks closer at it. He recognises the engravings. "Is that the sword from the griffon I met at the soup kitchen?How did the pony get this sword?" he thinks.
He watches them from a distance, so they won't notice him.
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel
Profession: Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rationale Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:17 pm

The first thing Rationale noticed was the hoof on his shoulder. He took a small step back so that the hoof would no longer be touching him, and he smiled slightly upon turning around to look at the one who talked to him. "I was looking around for some food and supplies, do you happen to have any of that?" He asked, as he shifted around slightly due to the sword on his back. It wasn't as heavy due to the spell, but he was still uncomfortable. If anything, it was unwieldy.
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Contra Wain Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:27 pm

"Anything in particular? I can get daisies, roses, hay, pears, oatmeal, heck I can even get some apples if you want them. Thought keep in mind some things are pricier then the rest." Contra Wain told the unicorn will getting closer to him and leaning in to whisper in one of his ears.
"I can even get you some vintage hard cider"

Leaning back, Contra Wain gestures at the sword. "That is a might fine thing you have there. You sure you want to walk around with it like that? It's almost the same as going to the Griffons and saying your going to rebel against them."
Contra Wain
Contra Wain
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rationale Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:36 pm

Rationale almost pulled back when Contra decided to get in his face, and when he was told that some cider was able to be given to him, he smiled and shook his head. "My apologies but cider is too expensive for me to be spending bits on it right now." He replied, before he looked to the sword on his back. This was true, holding such a sword when there were griffins around was a terrible idea. But, since he had knocked out SangWing, he was sure that he wouldn't have any trouble with the griffins. A smile moved across his face. "I have ten bits with me. How many daisies will that buy?"
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Contra Wain Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:49 pm

About 2 and I am not going to go that creep for just 2 stinking daisies. Thought that sword does look very nice. I might be able to sell that thing for a lot. Heck it would even make making that trip to that creep worthwhile Contra Wain thought before saying .
"Yeah, no pony here said anything about cider my good friend. You know how hard it is to get the good stuff? But 10 bits doesn't buy that much anymore now a days seeing as more of that griffon money starts to show up now a days. But lets make a deal. I can get you 3 bundles of daisies for 10 bits and that sword you have. Heck because I like you" Contra Wain said before leaning in again ignoring the unicorns personal space.
"I will even add that bottle of cider to it"
Contra Wain
Contra Wain
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rationale Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Rationale was not enjoying the invasion of personal space that Contra was currently providing. The suggestion was brought to him and he shook his head, frowning at the stallion's audacity. Rationale just got this sword, and although it was heavy and unwieldy, he was not going to give it up for food. He shook his head and took another step back, hopefully giving Contra the hint that he was not appreciating the invasion. "I will not be giving up my sword, and I doubt that you like me, since you just met me. If you are going to lie, at least try and make it believable." He responded. "No deal, I guess I'll be on my way."
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Contra Wain Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:34 pm

Standing still shocked by this, Contra Wain said "Lie? Why would I do that? I am just a businesspony trying to earn some money in this world. Look around you. Would you think I would be standing here, if I was not being honest? Do you think any pony would stand here, seeing all this destruction and ruin here and then try to be dishonest? Do you know what you get for 10 bits now a days? 2 maybe 3 daisies if your lucky. I am actually making a loss with the trade I propose to you my friend."
Contra Wain
Contra Wain
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rationale Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:39 pm

Rationale wished that he could agree with this pony, but the massive amounts of books that he had read on business practice and psychology made him not want to trust this colt. The colt was telling the truth, this trade was in good taste, but having the sword be part of the trade was enough to make him uncomfortable. He was also unaware of the fact that the sword was also making him uncomfortable, due to the fact that he hated using weapons when he could use spells. "My apologies but I do not agree to this trade." He said. "I am willing to trade the bits, that is it."
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Contra Wain Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:05 am

He is smart, most would have demanded more stuff to the trade.
"Oke, if that is what you wish, then so by it. Thought you do have to follow me as I don't keep my goods here, if you know what I mean." Contra Wain said while pointing towards a side street.

Walking towards it, Contra Wain turned around and waved towards the Unicorn. "It's over here, come" Contra wain said before seeing what he thought was hesitation on the unicorns.
"If you don't trust me, then you can always have that sword pointed at my back the whole time you know"
Contra Wain
Contra Wain
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rationale Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:11 am

Rationale nodded his head at the colt's suggestion to move over to his supplies. His mind was wracked with ideas as he walked, to the point where he was sort of staring off into space. He waited for Contra to gather his items before Rationale would undo one of the pockets of his saddlebag with his magic, and levitate the bag in midair. "I do believe that I don't need to use the sword in order to make my point. The pen is always mightier after all, and so is the thoughts that move through it." He said, a small smile on his face as Contra showed his wares.
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Contra Wain Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:02 am

Wait? What? What the heck is that supposed to mean?
Trying to hide his confusion, Contra turned towards his wares. Sweeping his hove in a grand gesture over it all, Contra said. "Welcome to my humble shop, The Wain. These are the things I have currently in stock and I can always get the stuff you need which aren't."
Leaning in a bit closer and whispering "Or some off the things that are rare under griffin rule."
Leaning back, Contra continued "I even run a transporting service. If you need anything delivered, I can do that to, thought at the moment it is limited to what I can carry. The griffons kind of confiscated my cart." while rubbing the back of his neck, before leaning in again and whispering, "Also stuff you don't want to be found".
Leaning back again, Contra finished with "So this is my shop. I am Contra Wain and how can I help you today sir?"
Contra Wain
Contra Wain
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:40 am

Jack sees them going into a side street.
"Damn, now I can't see them anymore. I have to get closer" he thinks.
He crosses the street and waits at a corner, so he can listen to the conversation.He tries not to look too conspicuous.
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rationale Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Rationale looked back and forth between the items, his brown eyes scanning each of them for their benefit to the rebels. It was possible that he could completely deny any wares that he wanted to buy, and instead donate the money to the soup kitchen. But the shop was already open, he might as well buy something. He shifted left and right to readjust the sword on his back, before he pointed at the cheapest flower. "How many can I get for ten bits?"
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Contra Wain Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:43 pm

Looking at the flower. "Those? eehhhhh?" Contra said scratching his head.
He wants those? I just put them there to add some colour to the shop. Mmm he doesn't want to sell that damn sword and he only has 10 bits. If I play this right he might comeback later.

"I will give you a special prices seeing as your a first time customer. You can have 16 of them for 10 bits and I will added 2 daisies to it for free" Contra said.
I will at least make a little profit from this.
Contra Wain
Contra Wain
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rationale Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Rationale kept his eyes on the merchant as he tried to figure out what the price was for his decorative flowers. His pause and lack of a response showed that he didn't have a set price on the flowers, because Contra previously stated wares for his other products almost instantly. He smiled. He wanted to say no, but those flowers were edible, and 18 flowers to put into the soup kitchen was a decent donation. The decisions were worrying. He pointed out the other wares. "I'll think about it. What else are you selling, and how much?"
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Contra Wain Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:35 pm

"Depends on what you and what you need. Name it and I will try to find it, thought the more efferent I must do to get it, the higher the price will be."

Pointing to his right, Contra said "Here I have a assortment of fiction books. Stuff like the Daring Do series and such. Over there are the non-fiction ones." Leaning in close and whispering "I even have some books about magic, seeing as your a uni and all" Pointing towards the middle, "Here I have your basic needs that you need know a days. You know, stuff like a hammer and shovel. Nails, string, that sort of things and to the left are the food stuff so what do you need?"
Contra Wain
Contra Wain
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rationale Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:08 pm

Rationale's interest was brought by the books provided on Contra's cart. As much as he wanted to help out the resistance and provide them with food, books were always interesting ways to pass the time. He wasn't interested in the Daring Do novels, since he already read the whole series. However, the magical books caught his interest, the more he learned, the better off he would be. He levitated the magic book out of the stack. "How much?" He asked. Unfortunately, it would probably be all ten bits, but it was worth it. He shifted the sword to his other hip when his left was in the way, and sighed. Good thing for that spell, or else he would probably collapse.
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Contra Wain Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:19 pm

Grabbing the book that the unicorns was holding, Contra looked at it before removing the cover of it.
"Ooh I am sorry sir. It seems that they one who sold me this stack of books was trying to frame me. Seeing as certain kinds magic is kind of illegal and all. But the book your looking for will be 15 bits and will be delivered to you free of charge. You can pay me 10 bits now and the other 5 when it is delivered. If you would please sign your name on here and also where you life, then I will bring you the book tomorrow morning" Contra said, giving the unicorn the cover to write on.
Contra Wain
Contra Wain
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rationale Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:25 pm

Rationale would have sighed in relief, if the merchant wouldn't have taken advantage of his desire to have a book like this. He nodded his head at the price provided. "I live in the..." He paused. Did he ever see Contra at the Undermarket before? Was the colt on the rebel or griffin side? It looked like he was neutral, but at the same time, it was hard to be neutral when griffins were trying to kill ponies left and right. "Do you know what the Undermarket is?" He asked. Depending on the merchant's answer, Rationale would either stop or continue.
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Contra Wain Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:35 pm

"You mean the city, beneath the city? Yeah I have been there. I go there sometimes to get some supplies." Contra said already dreading were this was going. Last time he had been there, he ended up smelling like the sewer for a day. Trying to smuggle something will smelling like a sewer is a easy meal ticket for a griffon, thought they might be put of by the stench. Then it was just a quick death if you where lucky.
Contra Wain
Contra Wain
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rationale Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Rationale nodded his head at the merchant. "I wish for my package to be dropped there. I expect a refund if you don't manage to deliver it to me, and I will give you the other 5 bits when you reach my house. It's a dilapidated shanty, you will know it when you see it." He said, before he took a step back. "Thank you, by the way." He threw the bag of bits at Contra. "Have a nice day."
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:59 pm

"Mhm...interesting. I think I'll pay the Undermarket a visit.Maybe I can get cheaper stuff there" Jack thinks. He didn't know that there is a city beneath the city.He only bought things on the main street.
He has heard enough. He leaves and disappears in the masses.
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down