MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amethyst Leaves [Closed] (Dated)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Amethyst Leaves [Closed] (Dated) Empty Amethyst Leaves [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Steel Strike Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Nov 2, Year 4

Steel Strike had just finished the copper antenna for the flower pin. He now had to work on the glass petals. First he made sure the curved masher for glass molding was handy. It was perfect for making flower petals, as it created a smooth and clean design. He then poured the special sand mixture into a container for the furnace.

The mixture contained silica sand, sodium carbonate (Which lowers the tempeture needed for sand to melt.), and lime (To soak up any water that would want to go through the glass while it was melted.) Lead Oxide is also in the mix. (To lower the temps needed further, plus to add a little shine.) He also added in the Nickel he'd received from the shop earlier.

After he placed the sand, he began shoveling on the coal. It needed to get real hot, real fast. At least 1,500 degrees Celsius (2,732 degrees Fahrenheit). He didn't need a thermometer to tell him how hot he needed it. He could tell by how much the heat was making him sweat. As more coal was shoveled in, the temperature was steadily increasing. To any regular mare or colt, standing in the reception area would be unbearable, but the heat was even more unbearable in the smithing area. Steel cast a spell to dissipate the heat on his a body a bit, relieving him some.

He occasionally stirred the glass, when it got hot enough. This broke bubbles inside, and sifted any unwanted material down to the bottom. After a few hours, he felt the glass was melted down thoroughly, ho poured the glass into a leaf shaped mould. He had created yesterday, with some spare materials he had around. He made sure the petals were curved as well, so they got that leafy texture. He made sure each mould was filled to the correct amount, and began to work on the pin, while it cooled. The pin was easy enough. He barely had to heat the brass to make it malleable. He was able to stretch it into a pin shape easy enough. He gave it a bit more thickness, so as to make it not as brittle as a piece of wood. It was a few millimeters more than the client had asked for, but if she didn't appreciate his input, she wouldn't have come to him.

The pin was made, the antenna were made, the glass petals were cooling. All that was required now was annealing the glass, to strengthen it, and putting the pieces together. He had some industrial strength glue, which would assure that it never came off. He also had the chemical additive that makes the glue come off, in case any accidents were to occur.

With nothing to do but wait, Steel went out front. It was almost noon, and he had started at dawn. He felt a bit tired, but not alot. Working in a blazing smith all the time had that effect on you. Luckily the heat was much less extreme now that the furnace had died down a lot. It was still around 80~90 degrees in the reception area. It would probably be nice and toasty, and as fall was coming, he'd most likely appreciate the heat more and more.

He stayed behind the counter, wondering if Ms Bell would be coming in sometime soon today, or if anyone else needed his smithing experience.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel
Profession: Smith

Back to top Go down

Amethyst Leaves [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: Amethyst Leaves [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Winter Bell Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:21 pm

Winter was in a particularly good mood today as today was the day her mane pin should finally be ready. She'd been looking forward to seeing her design come to life and could only imagine the mane styles she'd be allowed with a pin to hold it together. She had invested a reasonable sum into the piece, that of a hundred caps. She pulled on her saddlebag before leaving her house, locking the door with a floating key before placing it neatly in her bag.

And with that she set off into town, eager to visit the smithy and see what became of her design. Other ponies were out today, all trotting around their own business as they haggled at road side vendors or sold their own stocks to wandering ponies. She smiled as she maneuvered her way through the streets, eventually finding her way to the shop where she was destined to stop.

She pushed the door open with her magic as she stepped inside, closing the door neatly behind her before she made her way to the counter. She gave a soft smile to Steel as she stopped in front of him, her eyes eager to see the Blacksmiths work. "Good afternoon Mr Steel. How are you?" she asked, her voice soft and polite as she smiled.
Winter Bell
Winter Bell
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Ah there was his customer. "Hello Miss Bell, Im doing fine today. I have so news of your pin." he said calmly. Winter looked cheerful today, but why wouldn't she be? She was finally getting her one of a kind pin today. "The components are almost ready to be set together. Im just waiting for the petals to soldify." he stated. "I did have to modify the design a bit from the blueprints a smidgeon. I had to make the pin a few milimeters thicker then requested. If I had done them as specified in the plans the pin would have been too brittle." he said, hoping she'd take the news well.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Bell Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Winter smiled still as he told her of the slight change in design. "That's fine, I trust you know better about this kind of thing" she said before she moved to her next question, wondering how long it would take till it was ready, "So how long until it's ready?" she asked, "Not that I mind, I'm not impatient, especially when it comes to fine art" she said happily.
Winter Bell
Winter Bell
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:08 pm

Steel Strike was glad to hear that she approved of the design change. "Well I figure we have about twenty more minutes on the glass solidifying, and another ten for putting it all together." he said confidently. "I actually had to go through alot to get the dye for the coloring for the glass. Had to pay 50 bits for a small vial on Nickel." he said with a chuckle. She didnt seem too pleased to hear that so he added "However it wont raise the price of what you paid. I had the other materials on hoof." he said with a smile.

Last edited by Steel Strike on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Galactic Blaze Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Finally a smith that didn't appear to be under some griffon's beak 24/7. Blaze had been starting to get worried. It had been quite a while since he had his sword properly repaired and it was getting worse by the week. He had been compensating by avoiding combat, but he had felt compelled to search the city for someone who knew of his family. He saw that same mare who had been being followed by the griffon earlier. She was pretty, but Blaze knew he had business here. He saw that the smith was serving her right now, so he leaned up against a wall and waited paitently.
Galactic Blaze
Galactic Blaze

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Bell Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Winter nodded in understanding as Steel explained the waiting time. She was about to ask if there was anything fun to do around town before she noticed a dark colored Pegasus had entered. She looked to Steel and smiled "It's seems you have a customer" she said as she stepped aside for the Pegasus to go about his business, giving him a soft polite smile to let him know it was ok and to go ahead.
Winter Bell
Winter Bell
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:41 pm

Steel noticed the Pegasus as he entered. He didn't look all too inviting, but he didn't judge his customers on their fashion sense.Unless it was Winter... said a part of his brain that he ignored for good reason. Nevertheless he approached the counter.

"Hello there, what can I do for you?" Steel asked in a polite tone.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Galactic Blaze Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:55 pm

Blaze looked to the mare, returning her smile with his own. It was light, but his oaths to Equestria remained fresh in his mind and heart. He looked back to the smith when he heard the smith ask about what he needed, "I know this puts you in an awkward position, but I dare not try to seek out... others... But I need a proper repair for a sword. I need it to stay sturdy for if I run into Diamond Dogs and the like. I'm from out of town." He knew that what he was asking probably broke whatever laws this place operated under, considering it being in a fairly public place. But he had been training to remain untracable in these situations. And he wouldn't need to return for another long while before bothering such folk for these favors again, "I have quite a few bits to offer for it."
Galactic Blaze
Galactic Blaze

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Bell Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:09 pm

Winter once again began going through her bags and her files as the two conversed on business. It wasn't until the Pegasus mentioned he had a sword that she looked up, surprised, "You have a sword?" she asked, half curious and half nervous. A few questions entered her mind but she thought it better not to unload them all on the Pegasus at once.
Winter Bell
Winter Bell
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:26 pm

"I'm terribly sorry Sir. I'm not into weapons and armor repairs or crafting. And with the new laws announced a few days ago, it'd be illegal for me to do so." Steel said in a lower tone. He saw that the Ms. Bell was becoming nervous already. "I'll take no part in the rebellion. I like griffons about as the next pony, but I'll be darned if the griffons search my establishment again, and find you here." Steel's voice was rising quickly but he calmed himself. "Look, things will be better if you leave now. I'm not looking for trouble." he said, hoping to get him out of the smithy, before a griffon overheard them.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Galactic Blaze Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:47 pm

Blaze grumbled a bit, he could only wonder if the rebellion shook down honest ponies such as these to repair and craft for them anyways, as much as the griffons punished them for doing so. It was all a bad situation, and Blaze had no intention of following either of those paths, "Fine..." Blaze said. He was frustrated that he had missed a potential chance to get his things worked on by a few days. He knew better than to let this trip go to waste, however, "Is there anything you can offer me? And..." he said, looking to the mare, "I do, but as you can see, I've mastered concealing it."
Galactic Blaze
Galactic Blaze

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Steel saw that the pony was reasonable, thank Celestia. He seemed disappointed at Steels denial, but didn't pester him over it. "I have some tools I could sell ya." he said with hoof behind his head. "I havent fixed a weapon since the fall of Canterlot anyways. Figured the Armys gone, so there was need to." he said sheepishly. " I do have some pieces of scrap I could give ya, but I doubt they'd be much help..." said the Stallion hoping to strike a chord with his customer somewhere. He enjoyed legitimate business.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Bell Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:46 pm

Winter simply nodded to the Pegasus in understanding, "I see" she said, still rather nervous but feeling a little bit more settled from Steels reply about not treating the blade, not that it would have spiked her nerves, but being caught with such a thing was a punishable crime. Winter had seen what they did to ponies who were arrested. She visibly shivered.
Winter Bell
Winter Bell
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Galactic Blaze Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:58 am

Blaze nodded when Steel said that he had tools to perhaps sell him, "Hmm... Perhaps an extra smithing hammer if you could spare it. I've been having to fix warped equipment with rocks. I had to flee my home after I was injured in the Rangers. Since then I've been simply roving the wilderness, avoiding the griffons. I can't really stop until I find someplace safe, or find any true Equestrian holdouts. Those... Insurgents, aren't much better than those they fight in some cases."
Galactic Blaze
Galactic Blaze

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:57 am

Steel chuckled a bit when he mentioned 'true equestrian holdout' as he had been told by the princess the war was over. "Well I know a rebel or two. They arent all bad. However, the wars over with. You wont be finding any holdouts anytime soon." said Steel a bit disheartened. "I should know, I was there."
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Galactic Blaze Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Blaze furrowed his eyebrows when Steel seemed to snicker about his intention on finding real Equestrian military elements to join up with, "Well its good that the rebels at least try to contain themselves. But as for the holdouts. You'd be surprised by the things I've found wandering the wilderness. Some of the things I've stumbled across would make finding holdouts of Equestria seem mundane, it's a vast world." he said, "So, you were there right at the end I assume?"
Galactic Blaze
Galactic Blaze

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:48 pm

"Yes, right until the end. And it would have been my end had I not left. However, the Princess herself told me to stand down. I can only assume it's what she told the others." he said, hating to crush the colts dreams. "We've all seen some crazy things in these past four years. But I'll be a griffon, if there's anymore out there flying the Equestrian flag." he said confidently. He went in the back to get a smithing hammer, making sure to get one without markings. He came out front and handed him the hammer, and continued. "When you find Celestia commanding the rebellion or an army, come find me. Otherwise, I'm Steel Strike, simple tool maker, and repair smith." he said with a smile.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Galactic Blaze Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Blaze took a heavy breath, "Hmph..." He huffed, "I don't know if you went anywhere else before you came here, but I've seen signs, subtle clues. There have to be someponies somewhere. It may not be here or even nearby or perhaps not even in the borders of Equestria. But somewhere the Princess lives and plans for our emancipation. A mortal griffon could not kill her and she would never abandon us forever." He then gave him 30 bits for the hammer, which he slipped into his cloak, "But when I do find her, I will mention you."
Galactic Blaze
Galactic Blaze

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:34 am

Steel Strike snorted. "I think you're just inventing those signs. To cope with the loss. If she's out there, she'd be raising the army. And trust me, the first years after the war ended I looked and listened. All was quiet, and I saw no signs of her return. I agree she's somewhere, hiding, but she isn't coming back anytime soon." Steel Strike said with confidence.

He didn't want to break this stallions delusions about the war, but if he didn't he could become more extreme in his beliefs. And more dangerous than any foe is one that truly believes in his cause. No, it was much better to tell this colt how it was, before things got out of hoof. And before this colt ended up fighting for a losing cause.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Galactic Blaze Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:08 am

Blaze's eyes narrowed his eyes, he knew he had to be grateful for the hammer, but this was just going too far, "Look, friend..." Blaze growled, "You talk as if you don't respect Celestia for who she is... And if you disrespect Celestia, you disrespect me... How else can you stand there and say that such a hope is in vain? I'll tell you, you've given up."
Galactic Blaze
Galactic Blaze

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:41 am

Steel saw he needed to pull out the big bows, if he was going to get this colt to see the truth. He had only one story that might snap him out of it. He ducked under his counter, and popped back up. He plopped down his figurine of the Princess Celestia.

"A few days ago, I created this to calm me down while a crazy griffon was after me. And I related a story that I think you need to hear. I was there the day we lost the war. That terrible day. And you know what, while I stood in my tent hearing the sounds of war, I was determined. Determined to stay and fight if need be. I watched as what was left of the army fly past my tent, yet I stood my ground. And then, Celestia flashes past. She came back, and she gave me a direct order. "Leave your post Smith, the war is lost. Leave lest you lose all you love." at this point he slammed a hoof down on the counter.

"You think I stay here being a simple smith because I willed it so?! Because I disobeyed?! I'm here BECAUSE I respect the Princess and the war!" Tears streaming down his face. "I wouldn't have given up if the Princess hadn't given up first!" he began yelling at the colt. "I fight not, because it IS in vain! Even the PRINCESS thought so!" he said, breathing heavily. He tried to calm himself, but it was hopeless. He was frazzled up.

"Just go. Pursue your child-like faith, that good always wins. Celestia is somewhere, but she's left and forgotten us 4 years ago." said Steel calming himself down. He hated his outbursts, and he can tell he'd probably ruined his image to anyone in the room. He sighed, and moved into the back, to check on his petals.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Galactic Blaze Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:15 am

Now Blaze was mad, "What!?" he growled, "You... You DARE tell me that!?" He shook his head, "No, you're the one lying!" Blaze said. He simply couldn't believe that the buck had just stood there and said that he thought the Princess had given up! He could not, he would not believe that, "You're lying! How can you even claim what you claim and then say something like that!? You know what, I don't care!" He turned about, "I signed up for the army when I was bucking 18... I got all slashed up and my father was killed. We both did it all for Celestia and Equestria. To say that our Princess, our Goddess, doesn't care!... There is nothing more insulting." He began to stomp his way out of the shop. He paused for a moment, looking at the lightly colored mare, but then began to continue wordlessly.
Galactic Blaze
Galactic Blaze

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:31 am

Shady trotted down the cracked pavement of the downtown area with an uncharacteristically content expression on her face. She was heading towards the smith to have something made. Not something for herself, but something for the pony that had recently snatched her heart away. After a few short moments of trotting, she made it to the building she knew pretty well after all of the hubbub that had happened inside it a little while ago.

She made her way towards the open front doorway and quickly moved inside, blinking her eyes and sidestepping an angry stallion who made his way for the same door. Glancing back at him with a raised brow, she was curious about what had him so riled up; but now wasn't the time for that! She glanced around the shop, the smith known as Steel Strike nowhere to be seen. Not thinking to look into the back room, she simply lingered in the front in hopes of catching the unicorn once he returned.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffons
Profession: Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn Star Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:03 am

Moving slowly through the streets of the once beautiful and busy place in era of peace and harmony .. now a dusty unhappy area ..but it didn't matter if she looked from the past or from the present it was all the same in her eyes .."Down town manehattan"dawn whispered to herself as she readed the rusty faited sigh overlooking out to the horizon that could barely be seen and moved on.Dawn made her way down the old cracked street asking questions in her mind and denighing the amount of time she was asleep.She wonderaround looking for a place to resupply ..she finally stoped at an old smithing shop .."Steel strike smithing and metal crafting" she readed "seems like a good place to suit my needs" dawn said as she trotted inside.

Dawn was now in a changed environment all the commotion from the streets quickly became silent as soon as the door closed behind her.She became distracted with all the creation that were on display she looked like she was hypnotized with the hoof crafted detail but quickly remembered what she was here for in the first place.She looked around for this pony named steel strike but all she could find was this mare staring at her in a confused way...not knowing this mare at all and her brain trying to think what to say dawn says awkwardly "Are you steel strike?"
Dawn Star
Dawn Star
Contributor
Contributor

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel/Equestrian solider
Profession: War veteran solider / LT Commander of the ponys 20th Airborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Bell Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:39 pm

Winter said nothing as they argued, not knowing what to do or what to say as she watched. When the Pegasus stomped out her ears lowered, looking back at him sadly as he left. He was definitely an interesting character and she would've liked to speak with him some more maybe, but no she doubted she'd see him again, since most Pegasi traveled far around Equestria. For all she knew the black Pegasus would be leaving today. She sighed as she turned to the Blacksmith, "Are you ok?" she asked, her voice carrying genuine concern as she asked.
Winter Bell
Winter Bell
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:03 pm

"The petals are a few minutes from being done." he said after coming back out front. He heard Winters question right after his statement. Steel let out a big sigh. " I am extremely sorry about that Ms.Bell... Such characters I dislike. The ones believing that the Princess is perfect in all ways, that shes omnipitent. After seeing her so vulnerable, I knew it was all untrue. Though others would believe otherwise. Like that fellow.... Believed some Equestrian Army holdouts still existed. I was hoping to get him to give up that hope, otherwise e wont ever be living in reality...." he said depressed. "I can understand if you think less of me for it. My outburst wasnt warranted. Im just a bit stressed right now." he said admittedly.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Bell Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:10 pm

Winter listened as he explained. She had her own views on the Princesses although they differed slightly to Steels. Winter held onto her loyalty to them and probably always would, they raised the sun and moon, cared for them as a race and had saved them more then once from certain peril. Wherever they had gone, it was for a good reason, she had to believe it was for a good reason. Sometimes it was that faith that kept her from curling up in bed and crying herself into depression. It was the only thing to keep her going.

She sighed in though as she turned to look at Steel. She had an appointment at a Spa in downtown Manehatten, and she knew all to well that it worked wonders with stress relief. "You know, there's a Spa further into town that's great for Stress relief, I have an appointment there, but you're welcome to join me" she offered.
Winter Bell
Winter Bell
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:19 pm

"There's a Spa? Here in Manehattan?" asked Steel incredulously. He could hardly believe it. However girly it sounded, he hadn't enjoyed anything relaxing in....well the past 12 years. He hadn't done anything for himself. Always something for others.

"I don't know...It sounds relaxing, but what if-..." he stopped and trailed off into though. He'd been thinking of what if's too much as of late. Too much thinking period. And anyting he had done without thinking was either a good or bad decision in the end. GAH I'm doing it right now! he thought irritated.

"Yeah...that sounds good. But, I wouldn't want to impose..." he said, calmly.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:36 pm

Shady flicked her tail in annoyance while waiting impatiently for the owner of the shop to arrive. She glanced towards the doorway as the sound of hooves grew closer. Finally. She thought to herself, only to be disappointed when the pony who walked inside was not the one known as Steel Strike. She turned her attention away from the mare, until a question was tossed her way: "Are you Steel Strike?"

She raised a brow and turned to look again. "Sorry, I'm-" She paused, stopping herself from breaking another personal rule of hers; don't give up your name to anyone not griffon-aligned. "I'm just a customer. Waiting for said smith to return." She replied simply once regaining her composure. It may have just been a personal trip to the smith this time around, but she still couldn't afford to let her guard down.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn Star Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:29 pm

"Well ..she's friendly" dawn thought to herself while looking at this nervous and positively annoyed mare dawn was a little steamed at her responds as well she stared at this unknown so called costumer in disapproving way
"Ok Who Does This Pony Thinks She Is Anyway! ..Disrespecting An Officer.. A Defender Of Her Very Life Like That!" she asked herself "If I Didn't Have A Job To Do I WOULD..." she paused "Ok ..calm down dawn she's just a little tired of waiting for this steel pony" dawn assumed "Maybe you should be.. nicer to her after all you hardly know her ..introduce yourself " dawn stoped her staring and smiled at the pony and said In her best friendlyest voice she come up with "Let me introduce myself ..I'm Lieutenant Dawn Star and you are.." trying to encourage the pony to say her own name and rank ..if she was part of the equestrian armed forces but by the looks of this mare...No armor,No weaponry, No rank stone and most importantly No respect torwards a fellow solider such as herself she couldn't be one of her armed sisters but all dawn was interested in was the pony's name
Dawn Star
Dawn Star
Contributor
Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Bell Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Winter put up a hoof to stop the smith mid sentence, "Not at all, every pony needs time to wind down" she said before turning towards the door, "And I shan't hear another word about it" she said with a smile. There was truth in her words, every pony sooner or latter needed a break from every day life. It was a part of why she allowed herself some time there every week. Even on a few cases she'd prescribed rest time to some of her patients.
Winter Bell
Winter Bell
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:07 pm

Steel looked at Winter. He saw she was only trying to help him out. He smiled gently. "Alright. After these customers Ill close up shop and Ill follow you there." he said quietly. He turned his attention to the gray mare with a red mane. She seemed irritated so Steel decided to intervene. "Ah, Miss, I am the smith Steel Strike. Ill help you after the mare in front of you gives me her request." he said.

"I can help you know Miss." he said with a smile.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:54 am

Shady glanced towards Steel once he left the back room, smiling at him in a polite way that seemed out of character for her. "Why, hello again, Mister Strike." She greeted, taking a step forward. "I was wondering if you could make a gift for a special somepony. A necklace actually. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just something that says 'you're special' or along those lines."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:17 am

Steel Strike thought over the request. Yet another request for jewellery. However nothing fancy, made the job less complicated. It means he didn't have to pull out all the stops....but that necessarily didnt mean he didnt want to. Romance requests always provided Steel with an opportunity to create an object which would be adored by somepony. It made him feel good to give an object which would be filled and discussed with passion.

"I can make it for you. I have something in mind, that may fit that description. Mrs..." Steel paused as he realized he never caught her name. "So sorry, I never caught your name." he said with an embarrassed chuckle. Another thought came to a head, in his mind. She had known his name when they met. He thought she murmurred it before at the town hall. She could have easily caught it somewhere aroubd town. Still the thought unsettled him.
Maybe shes not who she appears to be....
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:09 pm

A grin crossed Shady's face once the news that she'd be able to get her gift made by Steel. Flicking her tail in slight annoyance after listened to his words a bit more, she knew she'd have to break her personal rule for this one. "You can call me Shady." She replied calmly, the necklace being more than enough of a tradeoff for giving away her real name. "What do you have in mind good sir? I don't have a clear idea yet, so any help will be more than welcome."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Steel Strike smiled. He liked to surprise the gifter as well as the giftee. "Well, I was thinking a simple steel necklace, with a special, inexpensive gem inside. I'd like to keep it s surprise for now. I'll just let you know it won't cost very much." said Steel.

He remembered a gem back in his days, when getting them was easy. A gem that would change colors based on what light was hitting it. It had fascinated him to no end, and was thrilled to discover it as cost effective. His customer would be satisfied, of that he was sure.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:30 pm

Shady listened carefully while nodding her head lightly to show she was paying attention to what the smith had to say. A secret? She wanted to know what kind of gem she would be giving to Freyia, but decided to leave it a surprise for herself for the moment. "That sounds very nice. I'll take whatever you're planning on putting in." She replied, falling into the nicest ponysona she could manage for herself. "But, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could I get something engraved on in?"
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:36 pm

Steel strike nodded. "Wouldn't be too difficult, as long as it isn't too long. What were you thinking of?" he asked. He obviously couldn't write a books worth on a necklace, but it was doable. He also added a few more bits to the price in his head for the total.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:45 pm

Shady chuckled a bit while waving a hoof towards Steel. "Of course I know that, not a whole lot of space to work with and all." She replied, tapping a hoof to her chin while she thought about what she wanted the necklace to say for her. "Could you put...'Dear Freyia, let this gem remind you of my love always. From Shady' or something along those lines?"
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:15 am

Steel Strike smiled. "Yeah I can do something like that." The name sounded feminine. He recalled it was a goddess that the griffons used to believe in. If the pony she was giving this to was a female, he would alter his design in his mind, slightly.

He wasn't opposed to same sex relationships. He had a cousin who was into the colts as well. He certainly didn't trot that way. Or she could be into the griffons mused Steel. It was a funny thought, but one he hadn't been opposed to when he heard it a few times. Supposedly if they had sex, they'd make some sub-species called a hippogriff. He had yet to see one, but the moment he did, he'd be sure to ask at least some questions.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:28 am

Shady bowed her head slightly in thanks, keeping it down for a few moments, before coming back up to give Steel the best smile she could muster up. "Thank you very much, Mister Strike." She replied, the smile becoming more and more genuine as thoughts of giving her gift and seeing Freyia's face filled her head. "Do you possibly know how long it'll take to make? Not to rush you, I just have somewhere important to be in not too long."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:33 am

Steel Strike understood. Gifts like that we're easily made, but were highly coveted. And usually the time to make them kept the customer on edge. "About 2 or 3 days. Maybe 4 depending on the next few days." he said, unsure. He had to collect some materials tomorrow, and he had plans today.

The latest he could work on it was the day after tomorrow if hunting for items took all day.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:50 am

"Two or three days, eh? That shouldn't be a problem." Shady replied as politely as she could. She wasn't thrilled that it would take longer than she expected it to, but there wasn't anything she could do about it. And the wait would only make seeing it and hoofing it to Freyia that must better. "Thank you very much for your work again. I'm sure it will look perfect."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:17 am

As the gray coated pony walked away, he quickly stored away the design he had. He mentally needed to remember it later on, but now he needed to deal with another customer.
"Hello Miss. What can I do ya for?"

((Your up Dawn))
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn Star Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:48 am

Dawn paused for a moment ...then realized that the unicorn was speaking to her "what? ..oh yes"
She said in a confused tone but she quickly snap out of it and returned to her normal voice.She trotted towards the counter and put her hooves on the table top "I require 8 packs of 14 inch flat headed cross-bow bolts please" she answered steel " Can you also tell me what happened here? ...this place is not like I remember ..why is this place so...so..dark and depessing every pony seems so scared and lifeless ..didn't 549th company drive the griffion resistance back? ..did we regain Canterlot ? ...did we win?" She asked rapidly confusing the unicorn smith with her awkward to answer question dawn also felt awkward asking she normaly doesn't ask question about war,politics,and where would the nearest cider pub be..but she had to know what was going on and if the was anyway she could help ...it was important to her
Dawn Star
Dawn Star
Contributor
Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:08 am

Steel was very close to losing his patience. He could almost feel his mental capacity snapping. However, the company name sounded familiar. He recalled that it was a support division scattered across Equestria, and that he was apart of it. This put his mind at ease , but not by much. There were alot of questions this mare was asking that didn't make a salt lick of sense.

"Ma'am Where have you been for the past 4 years exactly?" he asked skeptical of whatever this mare was doing.

Last edited by Steel Strike on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn Star Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:57 am

Dawn looked at steel in a weird way "I beg your parten..did you say 4 years ?" then she smiled and began to laugh foolishly thinking this was a joke "Ooh your pulling my wing" she laughed "It's always nice to meet a pony with a sence of humor..but really let's stop joking and tell the truth ok?"she said with a grin
Dawn Star
Dawn Star
Contributor
Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:06 am

Steel Strike was almost sure that his own leg was being pulled. So he decided to play along. "Oh Yes Ma'am. Our forces were defeated 4 years ago, and Canterlot fell! And the griffons have been occupying the whole of Equestria for that time! Don't worry though, Celestia will return and banish the griffons from whence they came!" he said with a snorting laugh. He honestly thought this was some joke at his expense.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn Star Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:19 am

Dawn was not impressed she actualy annoyed with this smith that was most likely making fun of her but she was able to hold back these aggressive ideas.Instead of hurting this pony she tryed to negotiate with him " Yes ..yes but can you stop laughing an tell me what's really going on here ..please?" she explained "It would save me a lot of stress if you told me the truth."
Dawn Star
Dawn Star
Contributor
Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next