MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Chance Encounter [Closed] (Dated)

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Chance Encounter [Closed] (Dated) Empty A Chance Encounter [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Steel Strike Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:50 pm

Nov 3-4, Year 4

((This thread is me and Mega just getting together and meeting each other by chance(Maybe something more~). Ask if you wanna join, but be warned, you better have a damned good reason. xD))

Steel Strike rummaged around some drawers. Nothing of value jumped out at him, or anything of importance. Old documents that had somehow survived the last four years of abandonment. And even these documents in of themselves were boring, holding nothing knowledgeable. He continued his search of the first floor of the building. He was looking for pieces of metal he could recycle for his shop. He decided he'd leave his shop for a day to restock after some heavy orders had taken some more materials then he has thought. The house itself was unremarkable, an abandoned house that nopony cared for or decided to fix up. Which was a shame, really, cause with a little work it might be a decent abode.

Steel walked down a hallway, having to light his horn due to the dark. He ignored the two doors in the hallway, going straight to the back, finding a washing machine and dryer. Not useful, since he couldn't just lift any old thing into the air without considerable effort. Nothing else was in the room, except an abandoned basket and empty detergent bottles.

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of something shuffling upstairs. Steel froze, hoping he didn't invade somepony's home. He quickly decided this wasn't the case, as anypony living here would have done something to make conditions bearable. He trotted back to the main room, where the stairs were. He cautiously poked his head up the top of the stairs.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel
Profession: Smith

Back to top Go down

A Chance Encounter [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: A Chance Encounter [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Sassaflash Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Mega slowly and carefully searched through the master bedroom of the large abandoned home, figuring if she would be able to find something of use there over the smaller bedrooms. Despite having trouble seeing in the dim light of the room, she opted to keep the blinds closed, she couldn't risk being seen by a passing griffon. Even her usual humming was silenced in her attempt to go undetected during her search, one wrong pair of eyes as she would be a dead mare. She carefully placed an empty jewelry box into her bag, the hinges could come in handy for something if she couldn't recycle the wood that made up the rest of the box.

An ear twitched as she heard the faint sound of a moving body down on the floor below. She knew it couldn't be a home owner of any sort, the house was far too messy to have an occupant. She closed her bag tightly before turning to leave the room, her nerves wouldn't let her search on without knowing just what was below her. She could get jumped!

Slowly moving down the hallway, the pegasus stayed as quiet as she could. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself before slowly peeking out around the corner of the stairway. Her eyes locked onto those belonging to a curious smith who happened to peek up at that same moment. She took a few moments to register just who she was looking at before a large grin slowly grew across her muzzle. "Hi there."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Inventor and Engineer

Back to top Go down

A Chance Encounter [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: A Chance Encounter [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Steel Strike Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:20 pm

It took a few moments for the pony to register in Steel's mind. "M-Mega?" he asked skeptical. He hadn't expected to meet her, but it was most certainly a pleasant surprise. One could almost see Steel's countenance lighten up with this realization. "It's good to see you! I mean...um...cause I had no clue if you were alright...you know...after the meeting.." ((A Chance Encounter [Closed] (Dated) 4066120332)) he said, tripping over his own words. He hadn't expected anypony to be in the home, much less Mega.

"What are you doing here? You know that crazy griffon has your name, and probably half the griffon force is out looking for you!" he said, suddenly worried for her safety. He was glad to see she wasn't hurt, but he certainly didn't want that to change. Of course you don't~ came a voice from the part of his brain that was quickly gaining more and more time in his head the more he tried to ignore it.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Mega giggled slightly to herself before nodding her head slightly to answer Steel. She came out from around the corner with the need to hide gone, limping much less from the bandaged wounds on her flank since they had been stitched up for her. "Yep, that's me. It's great to see you too. I was wondering where you've been, but then that nice pony Suture said you sent her to me, so I knew you were okay." She said with her smile staying in its place on her muzzle.

"I'm looking for supplies. I made a sale not too long ago, and I'm working on something else. I'm getting low on materials." She replied, eventually sitting down on the dusty floor when her right leg demanded her to do so. "I know the dangers, which is why this is my first time out of my home since that night. But, I had no choice this time."

"So, what are you doing around here? Looking for a new place to move into?" She asked curiously, having to angle her head up a bit so she could keep eye contact with the smith while speaking to him.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:41 pm

Steel chuckled a bit. "Nope. My smith is my home still. Luckily, I'm no longer considered a threat. Griffons searched my place and didn't find any weapons, so they left. I can only assume I'm off the list for now. And I still need repairs on the shop itself." he said. Steel was quite happy to hear she was being very careful with her actions. "And I'm here for the same reason. Looking for metal I could smelt down and such. Wouldn't believe how much scrap I find in homes like these." he said stomping on the ground, indicating homes like these.

"How's your flank?" asked Steel, who instantly blushed, realizing how it sounded. "Um, what I, uh, mean is, how is the injury coming along? I hope it isn't infected or anything." he said, mentally fachoofing at the comment. He probably seemed like a bumbling moron at the moment...
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:49 pm

"Well, I hope it can get repaired soon, that griffon sure did a number on it." Mega replied, giggling a bit to herself afterwords when Steel had the same idea as her when it came to being in the home. "I know what you mean. I stole so many pieces from the washing machine downstairs." She replied without a care. "It's amazing how many different parts go into something that just spins around."

She blinked her eyes a few times as the question moved into her ears, losing any confusion after Steel made it more specific. "Oh! Nope, not infected. And it's doing a lot better now too. It hurt way too much, but I got them stitched up and they barely even hurt anymore." She answered with a smile. "Thanks for worrying about me."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Steel was sort of floored with the Thank you comment. He hadn't been thanked for worrying about somepony before. Especially somepony like Mega... GAH Steel what are you doing? he thought to himself. Steel attempted a clumsy response. "Uh, you're welcome..." he said nervously.

"Yeah, you'd be surprised how much work goes into smithing. People think it's just throwing metal into a hot furnace till it melts. It's much more complex then that, though..." he said his thoughts drifting before returning to the present. He looked at Mega who seemed a bit lost in thought as well. He quickly looked away, realizing he'd been staring. A bit too long Steel~ said a voice in his head, which he promptly ignored.

Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:14 pm

Mega nodded her head slightly while she listened to Steel speak, giggling again to herself while taking in the information that was offered to her. "That's kind of like engineering too. Everypony thinks it's just putting pieces together like a puzzle and coming out with a working device. But you really need to make sure everything is balanced and aligned perfectly." She said with a smile.

She hadn't noticed the staring while she simply glanced at their surroundings for little reason. "So... What have you been up to since that night besides trying to rebuild your wall?" She asked, looking back at the smith while speaking. "It was probably some exciting smithy stuff!"
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:58 pm

"Nah nothing special. Just a few special orders. Nothing major. As for my smith its still in disrepair. Really need a carpenter for that." he said with a chuckle. He specifically avoided talking about the spa because.....'Cause you dont want to make her jealous said a nagging voice. The voice he promptly ignored as usual had a point this time. He didnt want to make her angry or jealous, because he did care what she thought.

"Well..um.... Would you like to explore some other places... together?" said Steel slowly and nervously. He never understood mares, not that he wasnt interested. From his experiences in dating (which he had little of) he learned mares were the most complicated things he'd ever tried to understand. New smithing method? He could master in a week. Mares feelings and how they tick? Most colts took a lifetime trying to master that.

((Am I right guys? A Chance Encounter [Closed] (Dated) 277638789 ))
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:48 am

Mega tilted her head to the side slightly while she listened to Steel's reply, giggling to herself. "What kinds of special orders? Some tools and things?" She asked curiously, keeping her full attention on the smith while asking her questions. "Well, that's really kind of you either way. Helping others get what they need for their jobs."

She blinked her eyes a few times after the offer she had been given, her somewhat a little to big smile coming back across her muzzle afterwords. "Sure! Let's go someplace. Where were you thinking? I don't know many places that aren't good for metal bits."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:50 pm

Steel's mind was racing. Was this a date? It sounded like a date. Could this be her accepting a date? It took him a while to gather an appropriate response. "Um, we could search a few of the adjacent buildings. I'm sure there full of stuff just like this place." he said, still fumbling for words.

The worst part is, Steel had no clue about Mega. She seemed oblivious to everything, that wasn't important. And this obviously didn't seem important for her. He sighed in his mind, thinking maybe it was for the best. He hoped that everything worked out no matter what happened.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:07 am

Megabyte giggled to herself while keeping her attention on Steel. After a few moments, she slowly stood back up from the floor with a sligh wince, not letting her stitches bug her in any way. "That sounds like a really nice idea. We might find a place that's been searched less than this one." She replied, moving up to Steel and using her hoof to poke the colt's nose.

"I'll let you choose where we go first." She said with a joyful smile, the look not showing any sign weather it was from her usual off-ness or something else right away. "We can make a game of it. The one that finds the most useful bits gets to pick the next one."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:25 am

Steel walked over to the window after the nose boop. Her face was the same as she did it, but he couldn't be sure if the boop meant anything. He decided to turn his attention to what building they ought to raid next. He turned his attention to a complex across the street.

"Um, that Apartment Complex might have a bunch of stuff inside. Don't know if anyone lives inside, but it might be worth it just to search each apartment." said Steel, more confidently then when he had faced Mega.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:37 am

Mega kept her eyes on Steel, staying in her place and looking out the window at the apartment building that seemed to grab his attention, nodding her head lightly despite her companion being unable to see it. "That sounds like a great place to find stuff! So many different abandoned living spaces!" She said excitedly, her wings flaring out from her sides in her glee.

"It'd be easier to hide from a hungry griffon if we were to be found in there too." She stated, looking at the big picture of searching such a large place. "Should we be off then, Steelie?"
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:59 am

Steelie. The name resonated a bit in his mind. A pet name was good. Maybe things were going better then expected. "Sure. Let's go Megs.~" He said, instating his own nickname for the Pegasus. He trotted out the door across the street towards the complex. After a moment he went through the door entering the complex. He turned around to see if Megabyte was following him.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:27 am

Mega giggled to herself as she happily trotted along behind Steel towards their destination, the nickname implanting its self into her mind despite not getting a reaction out of the mare. Staying close to her friend, she kept her eyes open while outside, not wanting to risk Steel's safety if she was seen by a passing griffon. Moving into the apartment building, she gave Steel a smile once she noticed him looking back at her. "This place still looks pretty nice, if messy."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:50 am

Steel smiled back. "Yeah, Im sure it would have been decent place to live before the take over." he said going towards the receptionists desk. He saw the phone was still there, unused in quite sometime. He went behind the desk and satin the chair. A thought crossed his mind and he smiled. He picked the phone and tried to mimick a monotone receptionist.

"Mr.Fancy, there's a caller on line one." he said. "Yes, I can hold for you." Steel clicked a button. "I'm sorry sir, Mr.Fancy isn't here right now, I can take a message for you, however."

Steel chuckled at his own joke. He looked toward Mega watching her reaction to his impression.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:01 am

Mega moved farther into the lobby and glanced around as best she could in the dim light. An ear perked up as she heard Steel begin to speak, looking over at him curiously while watching what he was up to. A few quiet giggles escaped the pegasus, her wings opening up slightly as her giggles turned into chuckles and then the chuckles turned into laughs that were a little too hard for the simple joke that had been made.

"You're so silly, Steelie." She managed to say once all of her laughter had escaped her, flapping her wings once before pulling them to her sides to rest once again.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:27 am

Steel noticed she had laughed harder then he had expected. This made him smile in spite of himself. He jumped over the counter and into the hallway. He made his way to the first door. He tested the knob and felt it was unlocked. "Lets see where this leads us!" he said enthusiastically. He entered and saw the room was occupied before the occupation. It was empty now. It had a few things, a coffee maker on a counter, along with a fridge, and a few paintings on the wall. Nothing remarkable in the main rooms at all.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:38 am

Mega took a deep breath to calm herself down after her moment of laughter, quickly trotting into the hallway afterwords. She stayed close to Steel while the two headed down the hall, peeking into the doorway once it was opened up. "Ooh!" She said suddenly while sneaking her way past Steel and into the room. Moving up to the fridge, she reared up on two legs, pressing her forehooves onto the side and pushing with all her might. Struggling, she was unable to move the large machine. "Uhm... Can I get some help please?" She asked with an awkward giggle.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:45 am

Steel chuckled. He was sure that whatever she was doing was going to be loud. He closed the door, and turned back to Mega. "Well, I don't know. Im not sure it counts if I help you with parts." he said with a smirk. Then he walked up besides Mega and began pushing with her. The thing was heavy but it wasn't impossible to tip. It soon toppled over with a large *THUD*.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:54 am

Mega folded her ears down to avoid the loud crash from the fridge falling to the floor. "Then we'll both get the points for these parts." She replied with a giggle. Rolling the fridge to lay on its doors, Mega reached into her left saddlebag and removed a specific screwdriver, slowly working on unscrewing the back panel.

"The motor in here will be perfect to take parts from." She stated, taking the panel off and laying it to the side before quickly starting to take the large machine apart, dropping anything she didn't need onto the floor around her.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:07 am

Steel smiled. The way she worked on the fridge with such ease was beautiful. He caught himself staring again, and blushed. Thankfully she wasn't looking, and he set to work on the door. He attempted tearing it off his hinges. However, as soon as he opened it, a foul smell came from within. He gagged and shut the door. "That wasn't pleasant." he said aloud, and heard Mega stifling a giggle. He checked around Mega's feet where a bunch of discarded parts lay. Walking behind her, so she wouldn't notice the light from his horn, he lifted the pieces to himself. Picking up her scraps is allowed~ he thought to himself. He continued picking up whatever Mega didn't want.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:25 pm

Mega didn't notice any of Steel's actions as she continued her work on gutting the machine. A large grin crossed her muzzle as she finally pulled the somewhat large motor free, dropping it to the floor with a slight thud and getting to work on taking it apart. Every piece that came off it moved into her right bag, forced to change her tools every so often to get all of the pieces off intact. "This was a great idea to come here, Steelie." She said with another giggle.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Steel nodded. He went over to the coffee maker, and saw it was all plastic and the holder was glass. Nothing useful there. The glass was brittle and shattered easily. He looked around, and saw there was a sink nearby. He had to keep things light however, so he tried grabbing the faucet. It was a chromium steel alloy, more commonly known as Stainless Steel. He thought about anything useful he could use it for, and decided some silverware or something else could be made from it. He put it in his saddlebags. He saw she was nearly done with the fridge's motor.

"Shall we continue our shenanigans to the apartment across the hall?" asked Steel in a good mood. "I'll even let you open the door!" he said with a chuckle.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Mega smiled happily as she finished putting the deconstructed motor away in her bag, her tools going into the other. She glanced over at Steel once the unicorn began speaking to her. With a nod, she quickly trotted up towards her companion and gave him a smile. "Thank you." She smiled, poking Steel's nose again before moving out of the room and opening up the door on the other side of the hall. "I think you should get the first look, since you picked it!"
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Steel rolled his eyes sarcastically. "Fine, Fine." he said, pretending to be beaten. He turned and walked back into the hallway. These hallways were silent eve before the griffon takeover, which always creeped Steel out. Knowing no one had been there for 4 years made i spookier. He went the the door across from theirs when he heard a shuffling. He put a hoof up to signal Mega to be quiet. He approached the door quietly, and put his ear to the door. He didn't hear anything, which was strange. He put his hoof on the door and breathed in and out. He opened the door quickly.
*HISSS*
"AHHHH" Screamed Steel. A black cat jumped onto his head, scratching him up. "Ahhh! Get it off get it off!" said a panicked Steel. However this turned out to be unnecessary as the cat quickly jumped onto his back and bolted for the entrance.

Steel straightened up and blushed. "Uh, I suppose I may have overreacted..." he said extremely embarrassed. He looked inside the room and saw there was almost nothing, except for a few large holes. However in the corner lie a small box. Steel straightened up, as he heard a noise coming from it. A soft, scared noise.

Mew..
Mew..
Mew..

A few small noises to be exact.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:36 pm

Mega had to take a few steps backwards after the sudden appearance of the crazed cat, wings instinctively flaring up to act as an intimidation measure to frighten away the cat. After the cat leaped off of Steel's back, she slowly calmed herself down and let her wings rest again. "That was scary... are you alright Steelie?" She asked nervously after the many scratches the smith must have sustained from the claws.

Her attention was slowly pulled away from her friend as the noises appeared from the box in the corner. "It...can't be... Can it?" She asked Steel quietly. After a few moments of silence, she slowly moved herself into the room to investigate, looking over her shoulder at Steel while approaching the box as if to ask if he'd come with her.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:43 pm

He saw Mega give him a look, asking for him to come with her. He did so, cautiously. He approached the box with the mewing noises, next to Mega. "Poor Momma cat was just defending her litter..." he said with sadness. He felt bad about scaring the cat now.

He peeked inside the box. There were 3 kittens, 2 were black, while the runt was white and black speckled. "That's extremely cute." Steel admitted. There eyes were searching, looking for the mother that may never come back.

"What do we do with them?" he asked, forgetting to check to see if anything else was in the apartment. He had forgotten about the bet entirely.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Mega stared into the box as Steel opened it up. Right away, her mind nearly went blank at the kittens filled her every thought. Eventually her hazy thoughts managed to form into a complete word. "...They're so adorable." She said quietly while staring at the small fuzzy creatures. She slowly moved her head down to the box and nuzzled one of the kittens without thinking about it, the entirety of her thoughts filled with nothing but the adorable kittens, even seeming to have forgotten where she was for the moment. "We have to keep them!"
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:14 pm

Steel snapped out of it. He wanted a pet staring at these cute innocent kittens. However, he had to do the right thing. "Im sorry Megs. But that momma Cat needs to care for them. How would you feel if somepony stole your foal, just because they wanted one?" he asked, with a chuckle. She seemed emotionally distraught, almost like a child. He put his forehoof around her body. She felt warm, and he shivered for a moment.

"We can't keep them...." he said quietly. He let the silence hold them for a moment. The only thing piercing the quiet was the small mews from the kittens.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Mega pulled her head away from the kittens after a short moment. She knew what Steel was saying was true, even if she didn't want to admit it. The kittens were truly adorable, but that was no excuse to the take one out of the blue. She leaned into Steel a bit once the leg moved around her, laying her head into her fellow pony. "It's not fair..." She said quietly, sounding very much like a young filly that couldn't get her way, just with less of a whine. "This isn't the best time to take care of a pet anyway..."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:30 pm

Steel let her lean into him. She was quiet, which worried him. Steel thought Mega might cry if they stood there any longer. "Come on...Lets see one of the other rooms." he said, slowly removing his foreleg. He walked to the door, making sure Mega was close. When they entered into the hallway, Steel stopped for a moment.

"When things get better, I could probably buy a kitten if you'd like..." he said gently. He felt that she was almost like a child sometimes. He knew she was smart though, and resourceful. She was certainly a tad crazy. However they'd been through a tough point together. He hoped he could be there when she needed him, if she needed him.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Mega looked back at the kittens once more, before heading out of the room with Steel. Looking about the hallway, it seemed that she couldn't get the kittens out of her mind, though more worried about their safety than actually having one by now. Doing her best to shake the thoughts away, she looked up at her companion as he spoke to her. "That would be nice..." She said quietly, giving him a soft smile before looking about the wrecked building again. "I hope things do get better... I hate seeing all of these sad ponies everywhere."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:04 pm

Steel nodded. He hated seeing these sad ponies everywhere as well. However, he felt there was nothing he could do to help them. Only hope that the griffons would make life better eventually, which didn't seem likely in his lifetime. He turned down the hall.

He began walking towards the next door in the hallway. He tested the door handle, which surprised him. He smiled however. "Lets open this door up the old fashioned way." he said with a smirk. He turned his back on the door and bucked it open. It splitered and broke the door off it's hinges (Not a difficult feat in the buildings state of disrepair.)

He peered inside, and saw it was pretty normal. A couch was in front of one of those fake fireplaces, while the bedroom door was opened to reveal a king sized bed, albeit, taking up almost all space in the bedroom. In the kitchen area, there was another sink, along with a mixer, and an electric vegetable chopper.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:14 pm

Mega continued down the hall, keeping an eye out for any possible dangers that might want to show its face. Blinking a few times after Steel's comment, she quickly realized what he was doing and backed up away from the door to keep a safe distance. Folding her ears to avoid the coming bang, she watched as the strong colt broke the door down. "That's not the nicest way to do it..." She blinked, letting it go as she moved inside with Steel.

"This one looks like it was loved by the ponies that lived here. Lots of nice decoration...even if it is breaking down a bit." She stated simply while wandering around the room.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:26 pm

Steel agreed. The place used to be loved, or at least set as a decent dwelling. "Doesn't mean we shouldn't scavenge here. Don't get me wrong, it was loved. But the people who loved it didn't look back when they left." he said looking at the mixer. He rummaged around in the drawers and found some silverware. He looked at the mixer, and tossed it to Mega. "Im sure the motor in there is worth something." he said, nonchalantly.

He checked the drawers again and found some wash cloths. He put one into his saddlebag. He could use it for his hooves while he was smithing. Soot clung to him like water to a sponge. And the Spa treatment left his hooves fresh, and not willing to be that filthy again.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Mega turned to look at Steel after he had tossed the mixer to her. Not expecting the object coming, she fell down onto her rump while catching the kitchen appliance. "It should be good for some parts." She said with another smile while setting it down on the floor upside-down to get to work, selecting her smallest screwdriver for the job.

"Thanks Steelie, you have a good eye." She said while starting to open up the casing. Her eyes nearly lit up at all of the small pieces she was in dire need of. "This is the best possible thing!" She said in almost total glee at what she had found.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Steel looked over. Mega was extremely excited about something. Steel was slightly confused on how she could go from slightly depressed to ecstatic in seconds. Curious, he had to ask.

"What'd you find Megs?" he asked, becoming very used to her Nickname now.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:43 pm

Mega looked up from her dismantling of the device, eyes almost sparkling from her excitement of what she had just received. "I found lots of small gears and things that I ran out of a long time ago." She replied, the small electric motor acting like a goldmine for her. "Like these springs, I need them for my griffon repelling devices. It's really hard finding ones just the right size."

Putting away the various parts and pieces into her bag, she stood back up and left the shell of a machine on the floor. "The really small parts are the ones I work through the most. Hard to hide something that's big after all."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:53 pm

More griffon repellents sounded lovely. He had loved the device ever since he saw it take on a full grown griffon. It was nice to know that griffons were susceptible to pain as much as ponies were. The only difference came in who was punished for giving the pain.

Steel continued looking for any items that he could smelt down. Not much was left, besides the faucet he might be able to tear off. But he decided against it. One was enough.

"I think we should do a room or two more. Any farther in, and theres a chance we won't be able to see our hooves in front of our faces." he said with a chuckle.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Mega nodded her head slightly to agree with Steel, tightening the clip on her slightly bulging saddlebag. She had picked up much more than she had realized during the course of the day, but the weight didn't seem to bother her in the slightest for whatever reason. "That sounds like a good plan. Don't want to accidentally bump into anything sharp and hurt ourselves... It might be rusty!" She said boldly to get her point across.

"Well, I do have a doctor living with me right now too... So we'll have help if we do get hurt... But we still need to be careful... But not too careful..." She stated, slowly falling into a loop of her own thoughts as she paced back and forth while waiting to leave the room.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:12 pm

Mega seemed like a record looping back and forth. Steel decided they needed to move out of that room before the record broke. He opened the door into the hallway, and lit up his horn. He opened the door across from the other room. Luckily this one was left open.

He opened it slowly, so as not to scare anything inside. However, this turned out to be for naught, as the room was filled with boxes. Small ones, big ones, even boxes in boxes. It looked strange, but it had enough room to move around in.

"You wanna even bother with this room? Looks like a storage room. It'd take a while to sort through these boxes." said Steel looking at the massive amount of boxes.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:19 pm

Mega was shaken from her thought loop once Steel left the room, quickly trotting out after him so she wouldn't be left behind. She poked her head into the boxed room, glancing around curiously before ignoring it. "Looks like someone was getting ready to move before the war started, or something like that." She stated simply, losing interest in the room anyway. "There's too many to make searching worthwhile. It'd take too long and we can't stay in one place for extended periods."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Steel was about to leave the room, when a box caught his eye. It was smaller then the others, and thinner too. He opened it despite Mega already leaving. What he found was a curious box, that was delicately carved. He open to reveal an assortment of jewels that took Steel's breath away. There was on in particular, that took his attention from the others. It was a bright one, which glowed a dull red. He recognized it as one he had been planning on buying from the market place. He stowed it away, and walked out the door.

He trotted to catch up with Mega. "One more room." he said, calmly. He approached the door, and turned the handle. It was of course locked. He backed up, and was prepared to bust it down, until he remembered what Mega said. "Well, if I can't buck it down, what can we do?" he asked thinking she might have a lock picking device or something.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:34 pm

Mega looked back at Steel, just now noticing that he hadn't left the room with her. Keeping her eyes on the locked door, her attention soon locked onto the knob and she gained a grin. Poking Steel's nose for the third time that day, she moved over to the door. "No destruction this time." She stated, reaching into her left bag and taking one of her many screwdrivers out.

"With a twist here and a twist there, nothing will stay in our way~" She said in a happy tune before two thunks came up from the two doorknobs falling to the floor. "And now...we open~" She said, the door opening up with a simple push.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:27 am

Steel stood shocked at the sight before him. A giant hole lay in the floor. It looked as if it had been dug out only a few years ago. He could only mutter "Get a look at this Mega..." The floor had been dug up viciously. There were tears in the surrounding carpet as if heavy furniture had been shoved across it. However, a few claw marks on the wall made him have a bad feeling.

Steel, despite his bad feeling felt going into the tunnel might answer some of the questions the room gave off. He had to figure out what went on here. "Megs, Im gonna head on down. You can stay up here if you want...In fact I'd feel alot better if you stayed up here." he said, hoping the tunnel was safe and not on the brink of collapse.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:37 am

Mega tucked her screwdriver away after her job with it was finished, glancing into the room afterwords and simply freezing in her place after the sight of the hole in the floor. After a moment to let its effect wear off of her, she took a few steps up to stay next to Steel. "I'm going to go with you. I'm not letting you go into some dark, unknown place alone. It might be dangerous, and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you got hurt because I left you alone!"

She looked down into the tunnel after a moment, unable to see anything notable from where they were. "It might lead somewhere secret too. It wouldn't be fair if it was just your secret."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:49 am

Steel Strike smiled at how light-hearted Mega was. However, his face soon turned depressed looking. There might a secret that's best not known down here. thought Steel. He looked to Mega, hoping she might stay behind at the last minute. She still seemed enthusiastic, however. He trotted onward into the mouth of the tunnel.

The tunnel was wide enough for two ponies side by side to enter. Which was good, because Steel wanted Mega in his sights at all times. He had no clue what secrets these walls held. The tunnel dived down at a steep angle at first, but at a smoother angle the deeper they got. Soon, the only light entering the tunnel was from Steels horn. He looked next to him to see how Mega was doing. "You alright?" he asked, seeing her tense up a bit the further they went.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:54 am

Mega took a deep breath before following steel down the tunnel, staying next to him while the two trotted along. Her wings flared a tiny bit as her nervousness of the dark area slowly sank in, the ends of her feathers gently running along Steel's side without her taking notice because of it. She didn't say anything as she kept her eyes on the dark tunnel ahead of her, glancing at Steel every so often to make sure he really was still there with her.

"I'm f-fine." She replied with her nerves clear in her voice despite trying her best to hide it for Steel.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next