MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Through a Sandy Veil (Siege of Horsehitcher Pass, Thread #0)

+3
Johan Tercel
Sten Softclaw
Tisis Antony
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Through a Sandy Veil (Siege of Horsehitcher Pass, Thread #0) Empty Through a Sandy Veil (Siege of Horsehitcher Pass, Thread #0)

Post by Tisis Antony Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:00 pm

The wooden decked halls of the ship rocked lightly in the breeze, taking on the characteristics of a whale-sized baby's crib. This coffin in the sky, this floating assembly of wood and brass and iron and tenting- this flying ship carried forth the Griffin Kingdoms troops to their newest conquest. Its halls were polished, and its bunks full. It rocked on in the night, passing through cloud and flock with impunity, indefatigable in its voyage.

Its sister ships, the TTRF Skycrasher and the TTRF Triumph Over Everything carried their crews and cargo alongside it. The triad of ships flew in V formation, the Skycrasher and Triumph tailing the lead ship. The three sailed the skies at a steady 40 knots, and sliced through the clouds like so many cleavers. Their boilers puffed smoke into the sky, leaving little black puffballs tailing behind them like a row of ellipsis.

The TTRF Happy Hour for Valhalla led the battlecluster onward into the night, bearing the entourage of motley and merry troopers. The Happy Hour carried about eight-hundred Griffins and Griffin allies, as did the Skycrasher and the Triumph, making the total amount of Griffin soldiers aloft a total of twenty-four hundred. Many were men-at-arms, being ferried to the newest battlefront in the south, and had no conception of the events that would deign to befall them in these coming days.

(((OOC: Background-
The Happy Hour bears all the PC characters. I am allowing all PC's some creative license when describing the actions transpiring on the ship, since you know better than I how you'd decorate your quarters, or react to certain things; and I can't be holding your hands every time you need to know if there's a door in the room.

The occupants of this ship are being brought to the newest front in the war in Equestria. Your ranks and jobs aboard the ship are left ambiguous for you to fill in. I will sort out any inconsistencies as we go, and as long as someone doesn't derp themselves into Superior Grand Admiral of ALL GRIFFIN FORCES we should be fine.

These first posts will be introduction posts- make your character known, do some shit, maybe get into a brawl. Just be ready for me to shake shit up a bit when the time for my next post comes.)))
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffin Kingdom
Profession: Intelligence Officer

Back to top Go down

Through a Sandy Veil (Siege of Horsehitcher Pass, Thread #0) Empty Re: Through a Sandy Veil (Siege of Horsehitcher Pass, Thread #0)

Post by Sten Softclaw Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:21 pm

Sten was not a happy bunny. Mind you, he hadn't been a happy bunny since leaving Wingchester, truth be told. The war so far had been nothing but a series of camps, staging posts and loitering areas for him and the rest of the 27th, but things had nonetheless managed to take a turn for the worst. Picked up from a makeshift airfield near Thursk, they'd been packed into this airborne sardine can and confined below, where several hundred griffon bodies conspired to make the whole thing smell like a sock drawer in a swamp. Oh, and they were next to the boiler, so it was a burning sock drawer.
Sten had lost patience with lying in and staring at the bunk above his, so he decided to have a walk instead. Just to stretch his legs. He stepped over and around the griffons crowding the gangways in clusters, playing cards and just loitering. He made his way down, swaying with the ship's movement, just to see what other regiments he might bump into.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession: Soldier/cook

Back to top Go down

Through a Sandy Veil (Siege of Horsehitcher Pass, Thread #0) Empty Re: Through a Sandy Veil (Siege of Horsehitcher Pass, Thread #0)

Post by Johan Tercel Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Captain Mikael Haldenschloss, of the Fourth Stormtrooper Company, was in a good mood. Not only was he in one of the most ingenious inventions ever to come out of the mighty foundries of the Kingdoms, but this was his first engagement where he was actually the Commanding Officer of something. Granted, it was just a company, but it was his. Out of his armour, he cut an imposing figure, but not threatening.

Passing his quarters, he peeked in. They were far from opulent, but it was his and his alone. His cot, a desk, his war-chest, and several books of fiction stacked on a nearby end table signified it as his. But the main display of individuality in the room was the coat-of-arms of the Haldenschloss Duchy, hanging on a wall. On a blue and orange quartered background, it was unique to his families small section of the Kingdoms. Well, that, and his bloody accent. Sounded almost like the Diamond Dogs one could find in the Kingdoms, except more refined, and slightly higher.

Picking up a book on strategy, he exited his quarters. Getting his bearings, he proceeded to the officers mess. Hopefully he would meet the three griffons under his command, one of which was an old squadmate, Sangwing.

"The bloodthirsty crow." Mikael muttered under his breath.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffonic Army
Profession: Colonel
Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:21 pm

Nikolai Shreikwind sat in the Officers mess wearing the uniform of the Port Brokenclaw Stormtroopers, the regulation grey blending into his coat almost perfectly.

Things had not gone well for his unit since their deployment, a vicious ambush leaving the original command staff dead and the fresh Seargent Major as leader. Although his regiment had maintained the required discipline of a fighting unit, he was unprepared for the strain of command.

He ran a talon through the feathers of his crest and looked down at the shaky handwriting on the paper in front of him. With a snarl he scrunched up the sheet and tossed in from the porthole beside him, his sixth attemt at writing a letter home failing to pass muster.

Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral, leaning to Guerilla
Profession: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Wind rushed by as Freyia soared through the cool night air. Her wings outstretched, her body relaxed, almost like floating down a river. The scent of moisture hung in the air. She did not like the air ships; all the dirty brutes packed together, their smell the worst part of it. She had to pay another griffon three weeks of her salary just to be able to take his watch. She would much rather be flying outside the ship on duty, than inside that tin can with nothing to do. She kept her senses sharp in case there was trouble, but for the most part she just relaxed and enjoyed the fresh cool night air. That was something that she loved about this land, its climate. That and its warm days. And its colorful landscape. And its variety of wildlife. Although she would never admit it, even to herself, she kind of wished she had been born here.

She turned on her back and gazed upon the stars. Even in this different land the stars were the same. She found it comforting to stare at the stars and imagine her parents and friends enjoying themselves, feasting and being merry. She let out a soft sigh and a smile. By the end of this, she would join them.

After a few moments, she let herself fall back into a dive. The air screeched as she cut through it. Right before hitting the cloud layer, she parted her wings and pulled herself up, her hoofs running on the soft white fluff. She used the momentum to bring her back to the ship.

Yes, this was much better than that tin can.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet
Alignment: Loyalist
Profession: Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:23 pm

Kroll sat in his living quarters, staring at the wall across from him. He'd been on the ship for a few hours now, but has yet to unpack anything from his rucksacks out of the notion that someone would come along and tell him that this room was not, in fact, his; he had simply wandered into this room and set down his things after not receiving any orders to do otherwise.

To make matters worse, Kroll had no idea if he was going to be placed in charge of a squad, or under the command of someone else, or even what unit he was going to be attached to. In fact, he wasn't sure if he was on the right ship or not. All of these facts drove him to the conclusion that this deployment would be very interesting, for better or for worse.

He takes a piece of licorice out of a pack in his rucksack and begins to chew on it pensively, waiting to see how long it would take for him to be relocated.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession: Captain of the Guard
Back to top Go down

Post by SangWing Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:02 pm

They were annoying little shits that consistently made noise. Another group of griffins yelled out as a member of the group held down a hand of cards that initiated their win. Annoyance was present on the griffin's face as his eyes opened for the seventh time, and he got out of his small cot. His red eyes stared at the group, and nearly all of them were slightly quieter as the next hand was given out. The griffin looked over to his bag of supplies. He had to go with wheat since meat was expensive to create for a whole army.

After stomaching the disgusting paste, SangWing walked over to the door of the room, uninterested in any other yells due a royal flush. He was going to stretch all of his muscles and get ready for whatever the general was going to throw at them. He is the self proclaimed most powerful land soldier the soldiers had. He had to be ready when his power was going to be used. The Juggernauts didn't count. The door was opened and his eyes met his superior officer. A small laugh came from the griffin, as he leaned against the door frame. "If it isn't Mikael. So, I was wondering, what did you do to get the higher position?" He asked, his smile turning into a smirk. "How sore was your beak when you were done?"
SangWing
SangWing
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:36 pm

As Mikael walked down the hallway, he came face to face with his "new" subordinate, SangWing. Standing in a doorway that led to the sergeants quarters, he looked at Mikael with beady red eyes. Opening his beak, the light brown griffon spoke.

"If it isn't Mikael. So, I was wondering, what did you do to get the higher position? How sore was your beak when you were done?"

Mikael smirked in return. "Well, I wouldn't know anything about that, but from what I heard, you and the boss didn't get along too well. Having problems walking?"

As Mikael said this, horrific screams could be heard emanating from the kitchen. His eyes lighting up, he continued to talk, disregarding any reply SangWing might have had.

"I almost forgot why I was going this way. Our guards picked up some changeling scouts yesterday, and guess who is an officer?" Mikael pointed to himself proudly. "We get first call on the meat. I'm inviting all my sergeants to join me in the Officers Mess. Care to join?"
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by SangWing Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:47 pm

SangWing's eyes narrowed slightly at the comment on his ability to walk. He was doing fine, but his wings were still in pain. He reserved the insult for another time, considering the fact that he was now being offered changeling for food. He raised an eyebriw at the scream, and then smiled. "I would love to join. I haven't tasted changeling before." He responded, as he moved out of the doorway and into the hallway. "Free meat? I guess you don't suck as much. I'm still stronger than you, but Princess Celestia has taught me to get used to unqualified griffins performing undeserved jobs."
SangWing
SangWing
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Mikael snorted at SangWing's comment.

"Princess Celestia? Are you going pony on us SangWing? Anyone who worships that ex-ruler doesn't have the right to exist on the same level as we griffons do."

The screams of the changelings became louder as the two griffons walked down the hallway. When they reached the doorway to the mess, a most wonderful scent could be felt in the air.

Ah... It smells like lobster, or some other crustacean, yet with the more delectable taste of equine mixed in. Mikael thought.

"Now, Sangwing, keep your manners in claw. This is a special privilege I'm giving you. I can easily take it away. Understood?"

Mikael stood in front of the door, barring SangWing from entering until he got an answer.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by SangWing Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:37 pm

How convenient, he wasn't able to eat until he agreed to show off his manners. His eyes squinted to show his irritation, but he nodded his head and clicked his beak a few times. "Yeah. I got your back... This time." He replied simply before he waited for the door to open. The food smelled amazing, he was not going to fuck this up.
SangWing
SangWing
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:26 am

"Glad we understand eachother SangWing. Now-" Mikael opened the door, "Let's go in."

Very little commanding staff was in the mess today; a random conglomerate of low ranking CO's milled about, and made idle conversation while the "main course" was prepared. A small buffet of appetizers was set up, mostly dessert items and fried chunks of meat. Mikael was uninterested, however. His attention was focused on the grey-uniformed griffon sitting alone on a table.

If I'm not mistaken, that would be Nikolai Shriekwind, one of my new Sergeants. Glad to see he got my invitation.

Moving over to Nikolai, Mikael introduced himself.

"Sergeant Nikolai Shriekwind; I am your captain, Mikael Haldenschloss. The griffon beside me is Sergeant SangWing. He will be your compatriot in the coming battle. I am glad to see you got my invitation-" Perking his head, Mikael noticed the screams had stopped, and we're replaced by the delicious sound of bubbling, "and are joining the Company personnel for a meal today."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:35 am

Freyia flew along side the ship. She was playing a game with herself to see how close she could get to the hull without touching it the fly all across the keel. She flew near what would be the officers kitchen when she heard it, a faint scream against the hull. She placed her ear against the ship to get a better idea of what it could be. Immediately she could tell it was screams of agony, pure agony.

Quickly she flew to the nearest window, a small one for the kitchen. Looking in, she could see the creature making the noise, a changeling. Freyia had never seen one before, but she had heard about them. It was writhing in the pot while griffons wielding some kind of tools held it down. It would occasionally go under muffling its screams with loud gurgling before breaking its head above to breath, and scream. She watched in horror as the creature slowly died, his movements becoming less frequent and more sporadic, its screams softening.

She could not believe what just happened. Her stomach turned a little as she finally broke the trance. Closing her eyes, she breathed heavily and calmed herself.

Its what griffons do, they eat meat. But why boil the thing alive, that is just terrible. Who could have ordered such an immoral and heinous act to occur.

She did not want to look again for fear of making eye contact with the dead changeling. Softly she said a prayer for the creature then solemnly returned to her watch.

This time she played no games.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:57 am

Nikolai snaps to attention and salutes Mikael, knocking over his chair in his haste.

'Sir! Glad to be here sir!'

He lowers his arm and tips his seat the right way up again, red with embarassment.

'Though I suspect that I may not partake of the main course sir'

He nods to the other Griffon.

'Sangwing, your reputation preceedes you to a degree. I must ask, are the rumours about the Battle of Clearpass true?'
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SangWing Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:52 am

SangWing followed the captain into the room, his eyes looking towards the kitchen with anticipation. He wanted food, and the smell of that changeling cooking inside of the pot made his beak water. Mikael introduced himself to the other who was a part of their group, and SangWing nodded his head as the Battle of Clearpass was brought up. "Stupid ponies couldn't handle me." He said with a small laugh, as his eyes glinted. Whatever the emotion was, it was not pleasant. "So many broken necks... so many screams..."

SangWing lost his train of thought as the two others started to talk, his eyes looking around the room. No one that he knew of, or cared about was here. It was just going to be a meal, and he had to behave. Tough luck for him.
SangWing
SangWing
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:06 am

Mikael looked SangWing with disgust.

"Really, Sergeant, must you be so uncouth. Our friend here-" Mikael gestured to Nikolai, "Is from Brokenclaw. They have an order that forbids the eating of sapient meat, correct?" Looking at the uniformed griffon for confirmation, Mikael almost didn't notice the tinkling of the bell that signaled the meal was ready.

"Sorry to interrupt, Nikolai, but it would appear that the meal is about to be served. Would you two please be seated once more?"

Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:35 am

Kroll had given up on the idea that anyone was going to claim this living space, and opted to unpack some of his gear. He had his uniforms hung up on the wall, their hangers resting on a knives he jammed into the wall. A pillow made from an old potato sack that's stuffed with his own feathers lies on his cot, and a moto poster featuring himself neck-deep in manure with the caption "Embrace the Suck" is tacked on a wall over the desk. On the bed is an old scrapbook that's original purpose is to hold pressed flowers. It's current purpose, however, is much more sinister.

Currently, he's disassembling his personal crossbow at his desk. It's a grotesque ode to creativity, as it is near-entirely composed of bones. The bow, constructed out of ribs, is currently soaking in a tray of vinegar to maintain its flexibility, as is the bowstring, which is a fine braid of old tendons.

Kroll had given up on filling himself on licorice, as he felt it would be a long time before he'd be able to get more. His stomach growls in envy when he smells the meat the officers are enjoying. He ignores it as best as he can.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:37 am

Nikolai sat down on his seat again, took the papers from the table before him and tucked them into his jacket.

'It is more like a semi-religious oath sir, but otherwise correct. I will have to make do with the pork entrees it seems'
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:58 am

Sten walked this way and that up and down the gangways of the Happy Hour. This way, something screamed in the galley (i.e., dinner), that way a gaggle of officers headed into the mess, and all around the basic fact that most of them would die in the next week or so went unnoticed. Which was fine by Sten. Most things weren't a problem 'til you thought about them.
He rounded a corner, and saw to his delight, a window. Well, alright, a hole in the wall someone had patched up badly, but it didn't pay to be picky in this job. He stuck his head out, and felt the wind whip through his feathers. He wasn't much of a sky-pilot, but he was starting to see the appeal.
A pony was keeping pace with the ship, but a pony dressed in griffon armour. Sten decided to try his hand at some cross- species diplomacy.
"Hullo!" he shouted, through the air and distance.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by SangWing Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:17 am

SangWing wasn't going to point out the idiocy in preventing oneself from fulfilling their desires if some invisible deity was the reason. SangWing took what he wanted, when he wanted (within reason). Obviously, the last thing he would want is to upset the higher officers in this room, and his partner. He had a feeling that if he ended up in a jam (somehow, if all the planets aligned), he wouldn't get any help if he pissed off his partners. Letting out a small sigh as he sat down at the table, a smile moved across his face as the food started to be passed out. "I can't wait... I haven't had meat in 7 days." He said, his stomach growling.
SangWing
SangWing
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:20 am

Nikolai glances towards the kitchen, looking shaken.

'The butcher must not be doing his job very well if they have been screaming for that long'
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:57 am

Mikaellet the two others talk. Taking his place at the table, he glanced at the nearby window. Seeing a white colored blur race by in the murky gloom, he almost jumped in surprise.

What was that... Mikael was shaken from his thoughts, however, by the sound of wheels rolling, and the kitchen door opening.

The kitchen staff carted six entire changelings out. Of course, they were not alive. Their gossamer wings had been torn off days ago, and their inedible eyes were gouged out, pre-boiling. Their chitin had taken on a more "ashy" complexion; this meant that they were ready to eat. One was brought to Captain Mikael's table, and it was the largest of the bunch. Brought with it was a small iron mallet.

"The rest of the meal will be out shortly, Captain. Might I suggest eating the changeling first; there will be no room on the table for partial platters." The server said to Mikael.

Nodding his head, he picked up the mallet, and got the two sergeants attention.

"Alright, I'll get the meal ready. Now, there is only one way to open a changeling shell without ruining the meat when it is prepared like this. You need to hit it here-" Mikael punctuated "here" with a loud smash of the mallet on the neck of the creature. "as well as here- A smash to the back. "and finally here!" With a loud crack, Mikael slammed the mallet on the hindquarters of the changeling.

By hitting those three areas, a long, serpentine crack had formed, hindquarters to head, on the meals back. Firmly getting his claws in the crack, Mikael thrust the two pieces of shell apart. There, in the large canyon that had formed, was the pink meat of a boiled changeling.

"Dig in men."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by SangWing Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:54 pm

SangWing's beak clicked a few times in anticipation at the cracks formed in the changeling's shell. Steam rose out from the shell as it was cracked, and the smell moved over to the griffin's nose. He got a delicious idea of what the meat would taste like. As the shell was completely opened, it took the last of SangWing's will to avoid literally digging in. He took a significant portion of the changeling meat and placed it on his plate. The meat was raised to his beak, and he bit off a large chunk. His claws got dirty as he held the meat with his hands, unaware of the silverware that was placed nearby the plates. "Delicious." He said, a smirk on his face. "Maybe we should attack the changeling empire after the ponies if they are this good."
SangWing
SangWing
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:13 pm

Nikolai looks more than a bit uncomfortable, but retains his composure. He stands from his chair.

'If you will excuse me sir, I shall go and get some of those orderves'

He walks over to the table containing the titbits and begins filling his plate with the more agreeable morsels.
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:40 am

Mikael took a few bites of the changeling, but his appetite was absent. He was more than a little nervous; this was what he had called his officers here for. Only men of the Fourth Company were present; Lieutenants, Sergeants. Every single one of them under his command. Some he knew personally, like SangWing. Others were transfers from Port Brokenclaw, identifiable by their grey uniforms.

Mikael glanced down at his own uniform. A subdued blue, it had several medals on the breast, and had the silver laurel badge, that signified captainship. He was a captain, damn it, and he was going to start acting like one.

Raising himself from his seat, Mikael cleared his throat loudly, and tapped his empty goblet with a claw. Clearing his throat once more, he began to speak.

"Gentlegriffons of the Fourth Stormtrooper company; I trust the changeling is satisfactory, and to your liking. However, that is not why I called you here tonight. As we speak, we are moving with great haste to the front in the West, where we will take part in the battle located there." Filling his goblet to the brim with a nearby decanter of brandy, he continued his speech. "Now. I know some of you have just met. We have fresh blood in our ranks today, from our esteemed brothers and sisters of Port Brokenclaw. Treat them as you would your closest ally. We will need every griffon possible if we hope to maintain superiority in this battle."

Mikael began moving around the room, settling in front of the large window that showed the desert sky of the Los Paliminos desert.

"We all have family who are starving up north. We are getting grimmer, and grimmer, reports of what is occurring up there. I recently learned," Mikael began to tear up. "that my fiancée died of disease a month ago. The ponies may not see it, but we have no choice. And it is a choice I gladly take. What are we, but noble fighting griffons, of the greatest race to walk these lands! I ask you," He pointed at everyone in the room. "to take this field of battle, not for personal glory, or petty gains."

Mikael looked with the gaze of one who had the utmost conviction in his words.

"No, we fight for our families! Our people! Our Tsar! We fight, fellow griffons, because it is all we have left. Now, raise your glasses," Mikael raised his still-full glass. "and let us toast, for the Kingdoms."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by SangWing Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:22 am

SangWing did not waste any time the moment he was capable of eating the food. His claws were ripping apart the changeling meat into scraps for easier consumption. He was still unaware of the silverware on his side of the table, and it looked like he didn't care either way. He looked up from his delectable morsel once the higher up griffin motioned for attention. He wasn't a fan of having his food being interrupted, but he was a soldier, and he had some sort of honor. If he didn't, he would have been killed by his squad mates long ago.

SangWing nodded his head as Mikael moved over to the window. A small amount of guilt flooded through his body from the death of the higher up's fiancee. It wasn't that he was a caring griffin, but any misfortune to his fellow race was not wanted if he was not doing it. The war was for more than just bloodshed, it was also for their race. He raised his glass, keeping his thoughts to himself for the first time of the day. "For the Kingdoms..." SangWing wasn't bringing up his family for good reason. This war was for his bloodthirsty desire, and now apparently for the kingdoms.
SangWing
SangWing
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:55 am

The thought of the coming battle gave Nikolai pause. When he enlisted off the streets of Brokenclaw, he was promised an adventure, a chance to win some honour and make his homeland proud. But seeing the veterans marching the other way on the road to Equestria, scarred, battered and broken bodies, limping along with the light in their eyes snuffed out... That had shaken that childish image from his mind.

Was he truly prepared to give his life for a Tsar a thousand miles away, who would never even know his name?

A chorous of assent broke his reverie.

Quickly grasping a glass proffered by one of the waiters, he muttered the toast and drank deeply.

He would not sleep well tonight.
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:40 pm

Suddenly, the entire ship shook. A crack of thunder boomed through throughout its structure, knocking all of the lighter articles from tables and shelves. The shockwave left the ship rocking from left to right, seeking equilibrium.

The room was still for a moment. And then a raucous sound of sirens filled the air. The Happy Hour, Triumph and Skycrasher all sounded off loudly, sending their crews and soldiers scrambling. Officers poured from their halls, and into the crew quarters, coordinating the men to attention.

Three hundred yards away from the formation, a wicked cloud formed. Blacker than the night, and streaked with lightning, it tore through the sky towards them at breakneck pace. It crackled and roared with the sounds of lightning many-fold. Bolt after bolt tore through the air, each just barely falling short of range before streaking down to the ground below.

From this nightmare cloud, a wooden vessel breached. Longer than any of the troop transports, it was a sleek, tempestuous affair. The HMS Blackest Knight- the dread ship, the Vanguard of the Equestrian fleet.

Another bolt tore through the air, and time stood still as it traced its path forward. It was an instant, but to the onlookers it was as momentous as any crawling monstrosity. It struck true to the prow of the Triumph, blasting apart its forward sections. The ship instantly billowed smoke as a chain of explosions rocked it, sending it down to the darkness below.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:49 pm

The flash of the first bolt blinded Freyia, and the sound it boomed defend her. She grabbed her ears and held them to her head. She could not think at first, only pain filled her mind. After a few short moments, her mind kick started again.

What in the hay? was about the only thought that came to be. She slowly started opening her eyes and letting her ears go. She could not see anything but dots of color, and all she could hear was a loud high pitched ring. She did not see the cloud or the ship, and she definitely did not see the second bolt.

This time she almost lost consciousness it was so loud. She dropped altitude as the pain overwhelmed her head. Doing her best to recompose herself, she shook the pain and her head violently. They were under attack, and she needed to be ready for anything. As she looked up, she saw the ship, and massive dark nightmare that followed it. She let out a small sigh, "and I was enjoying this night too."

She gripped her spear tight, whispered a small prayer, and shot for her ship.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Sten did as Sten does in a tight corner and swore furiously as the Happy Hour became the boat that rocked. He dashed off back down the corridor, looking for any sign of the 27th. It'd be good to be around his comrades in his final hour, he thought. He hadn't seen much of the ship attacking them, but it looked like a monster. All dark, sharp bits and lightning. Friggin' lightning! Sten reckoned he'd bet on the wrong horse in this one. Or pony, rather.

The 27th was rallying and sallying by the looks of things, old Sergeant Broadwings herding them like worried cats towards the hatches. They piled out two at a time, and Sten piled out with them.

In an instant, he was out in the open air. The 27th wasn't really an airborne unit, but scramble meant scramble. They hovered in a holding pattern on the far side of the ship to the attackers while the rest of the regiment left. It was safe only by the broadest definition of the word, but it'd do for now.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:46 pm

Kroll was thrown from his seat as the ship rocked back and forth. After regaining his footing, he grabbed his gear and hastily put it on as he burst out of his quarters, looking for some semblance of a unit he could attach himself to without much trouble. He sees the 27th file past his quarters and manages to wedge himself into an open gap in their ranks, piling out of the hatches with them.

He frowns as sees the large, black stormcloud, and the ship that seems to be towing it. Though he was happy to be finally doing something, Kroll wished that it didn't involve being subjected to potential lightning strikes.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:08 am

Mikael looked out the window, shaken from his toast by the large aftershock of the TTRF Triumph going down. Looking around him, Mikael was in a state of panic, and confusion. Shaking his head of thes ungriffonlike thoughts, he collected himself. Throwing his glass down, he roared loudly.

"All Griffons! Prepare the Fourth Stormtrooper Company! We fly NOW!"

Leaving the meal behind, he began to get his personnel out of their fleets. Passing by Nikolai, he tapped him on the shoulder.

"Come with me. I need aid with my armour."

Walking by Sang, he told the red eyed griffon something else.

"SangWing, get your platoons in order. I need you ready to fly in five minutes."

Mikael looked around him again, at the panicked griffons around him. Punching a wall in anger, he waited until the last officer walked out before he left.

Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:14 am

As the blast rocked the airship, Nikolai was knocked from his feet and ended up upon his back, covered in spilled scraps of food. As he stood, shaking off the small chunks of meat Mikael tapped him on the shoulder.

He nodded to what his Captain said and followed him, too shell-shocked to really register what was happening other than the panicked shouts of the crew.
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:22 am

The Blackest Knight stormed through the air, heedless in its advances. The lightning ceased to crack forward as it made its approach, and began to turn to bring its port forward. Three decks bristled with ballistas, and they began letting loose before it had even turned fully. The harpoons sunk into the wooden hulls of the Happy Hour and Triumph. Chains connected them back to the Knight, and an electric charge began to build in the clouds.

Meanwhile, the two ships had begun to empty their crews. Griffins climbed onto the hulls, tearing the ballista bolts from their sunken nests. Several squadrons made advances on the Knight, but hesitated as their approaches were impeded by electric bolts.

The Knight had fully brought itself to bear upon the Griffins, and let loose a mighty arsenal of bolts.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SangWing Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:23 am

It all seemed to happen immediately. SangWing was eating his food, enjoying his dinner, until a huge crash rocked the ship. His plate rocketed out of the table and crashed into a table, the rest of his meat unable to be eaten. Anger moved across his features, and he was about to unleash it onto the general for not making sure the ship was perfectly stabilized, until he was told to gather his forces. He swiftly nodded his head and then moved towards the soldiers he was allowed to command, bonking their heads together in order to get their attention.

"Shut up!" He yelled at his soldiers, as he motioned for them to grab their weapons. "We are under attack, you know what to do. I don't want to see any of you letting any ponies free. Make them into our new dinner, because I didn't get to eat all of mine!" He then grabbed his own weapons and placed his plate armor on. "For the Kingdom."
SangWing
SangWing
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:17 pm

Mikael stormed down the hallway, eyes glowing with rage. A nearby Lieutenant ran down the hallway. Grabbing the smaller griffon by the shoulders, Mikael pinned him against a wall.

"Where's the Colonel maggot?!" He roared in the lieutenant's face.

Stuttering, the white northern griffon began to speak fast.

"T-t-t-the Colonel's dead, Capt-t-t-tain Haldenscloss sir! He was in the Triumph when it went down!"

Releasing the griffon, Mikael leaned against the wall. Their leader was dead, or good as dead. Every single officer was aboard that ship, having a ball. The only reason he didn't attend was his night with the men.

If he had accepted his invitation... Mikael would have been a dead griffon. However, the chain of command was not important, at this instant. What was important, was survival. Continuing to his quarters, he hopefully wouldn't meet another griffon on the way.

Mikael wasn't sure he could handle telling the news. Glancing back, he wondered what Nikolai was up to.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:33 pm

Nikolai staggered down the hall after Mikael, finally having regained enough presence of mind to begin shouting. A privelige that he was abusing, adding to the already thunderous noise of hundreds of Griffons running to battle stations.

"BROKENCLAW STORMTROOPERS, TO ARMS! TO ARMS!"
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:59 pm

The 27th Wingchester looped out of cover of the Happy Hour and swung low towards the Knight in what was optimistically called an 'attack formation'. Sten was towards the back, and suddenly realised he wasn't scared. Ha, of course he wasn't. He hadn't had the time. In all the commotion, he'd quite forgotten. Of course, he'd also forgotten to bring a weapon, but then again, so had everyone else. All they had were claws, beaks, and bad attitudes, and maybe that was all they'd need.
"Right lads, we'll take 'em head on!" Shouted Sergeant Broadwings.
The 27th charged straight for the deck of the Knight, and all seemed well, until the crossbow bolts started finding their homes. Griffons dropped left right and centre around Sten. He saw Lee Lightfeather take a nasty one through the face and plummet. Ahead, Enfield Eaglebeak was speared through the chest, but Sten flew on.
He started to realise he wasn't scared at all. In fact, he thought, as the remains of the 27th landed on the deck, he was bloody furious. How dare these scrubs kill his friends? His compatriots? How dare they!
Across the deck, ponies were advancing, weapons in their teeth. Sten chuckled and faced them.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by SangWing Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:55 pm

SangWing's eyes shifted left to right, looking over his team when he was finally able to gather them all. "Come! We fly now!" He yelled as his team rushed out of the ship, flying as hard as they could to get onto the Knight. Once they were capable of reaching it, then they could engage in hand to hand combat and win, because griffins were stronger in that department. A smile moved across the griffin's face as he finally reached the Knight. But something was wrong, his team did not follow him. He saw one of his team members fall out of the sky due to an impaled head, and he yelled out in anger before he rushed at the group of ponies. He grabbed his greatsword and swung it in an arc, already on a frenzy to avenge his crew.
SangWing
SangWing
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Mikael grabbed the shouting Nikolai by the shoulder. Looking him in the eyes, Mikael spoke calmly, to bring the griffon back to reality.

"Sergeant Shriekwind, your companion Sergeant SangWing is getting the companies out there. What I need aid with, is to get my armour on. After that, we'll join the fray."

Mikael felt a shudder through the ship as it was hit with a weak blast of lightning.

"And by the gods, let's hope we get out there soon."

Beginning to walk swiftly through the halls, Mikael led Nikolai to the officers quarters, and several lesser staff followed the Captain. Scared, insecure, they had latched on to the officer's air of calm.

Captain Mikael was anything but calm internally. The ponies were attacking three lightly armed transport vessels, with no combat escort. Apparently the Los Paliminos was not "dangerous" enough to warrant an escort.

Well, those harpies would pay if Mikael survived this.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:51 pm

(((Sorry for my absence everyone. I love you all and hope none of you felt neglected by me being gone for those days. If you did, tell me and I will write you a heartfelt novel using characters as allegorical symbols for our feelings.)))

Unicorns on the Blackest Knight hurled magical volleys at the boarders, knocking them from their paths and sending them scattering. The Pegasus on board prepared for the killing manuever, by insulating the side of the chain connected to their own ship. They would send one last massive volley of lightning alongside the ballista chains, directing a killing charge into the Happy Hour and the Skycrasher.

______

The crews began abandoning their ships, assuming them lost. Griffin fliers took off in droves from their transports, dodging lightning and ballista just to stay alive. The Skycrasher began to rock haphazardly, as if one of its has membranes had been emptied of its lifting gases. It swayed in the wind, its crew having already abandoned it, without guidance or direction.

It began to descend to the earth below, still chained to the Blackest Knight.

(((Im going to give the players one more post sequence before ending this scene of the thread, just to make sure everyone is ready before EVERYONE DIES GWAHAHAHAHA)))
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Freyia reached the fighting and saw the chains carrying lightning. Those would have to be first. She saw the ranged weapons of the ponies dropping griffons out of the sky. Those would have to be second. The chains were not the strongest, but the amount of them was enough that in one more attack, the ship would go down. Half of the chains would have to be destroyed to prevent the ship from falling.

Freyia wrapped her spear around her arm and shot up. She aimed right underneath one of the chains, he spear held out in front. Right before hitting it, she spun herself and the spear. The weapon's tip went through one of the links and as it spun it broke, causing the chain to fall limp in two pieces.

One down, a lot more to go

Looking to the enemy ship she could see the droves of griffons charging and dying. Looking to her ship she could see all the griffons pilling out, abandoning it. Stupid brutes was her thought as she aimed for another link, this time she spun her spear around her legs before bringing it to bear on one link. It shattered and the chain fell.

She missed her old unit. Taking this quick little assignment was perhaps not the best idea. She panted as she looked to the other chains. An angry snarl came across her face, not towards the enemy, but towards her allies. They were the reason the ship was going to go down.

Without dwelling on it, she continued to the next chain.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sten Softclaw Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:46 pm

It took Sten a moment to see the unicorns, just behind the pegasus marines, but when he did, it was already too late. The 27th moved forward, but were hurled back by a bow-wave of magic. Griffons went over the edge, but Sten and maybe a dozen others clung on for dear life, digging their talons into the wooden decking. Later, some would say they hung on so they could give the ponies what for, but in truth, most just had a healthy fear of falling, and none healthier than Sten. He was vaguely aware (through the crash of battle) of a taste of tin and a rising buzz. Peering over the edge, he saw pegasi advancing with lances, swords and all sorts.

Then, fortunately, he heard the sergeant.

"Fall back! Get off! Now!"

No argument there, thought Sten. Time to go.

What was left of the 27th leaped off and away from the Knight, diving down out of the crossbow arcs (or so they hoped). In the chaos and noise and crashing ships, Sten hoped quietly, they'd go unnoticed.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by SangWing Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:16 pm

SangWing had just finished breaking the wings of a nearby pegasus when he heard the orders to fall back. A growl moved past his beak, but he would not disagree with this. He moved towards the edge of the Knight and jumped off, looking behind him to make sure that no crossbow bolts would impale his wing. He did a circle in the air before he felt a stinging pain in his right wing. He let out a yell of pain and his wing stopped flapping, which caused him to descend. His eyes widened and he flapped it despite the pain, feeling the metal bolt digging into his wing bone. "FUCK!" He yelled out as he started to fall to the ground, one wing flapping unable to keep him from falling.
SangWing
SangWing
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:50 am

Kroll awoke to the smell of burning feathers of a nearby griffon who had been struck by lightning. It was at this point he realized that something wasn't quite right; last thing he remembered was landing on the deck of the attacking ship with the rest of the 27th, when he had been knocked head-over-heels off the side of the ship by the one of the magical volleys cast by the crew of the attacking ship, smacking his head on a rail in the process.

It was upon this recollection of recent events that Kroll realized that he was, in fact, plummeting towards the ground, several thousand feet below him. After a few moments of struggling, he managed to balance himself out, gliding downwards in a slow circular pattern. His brief moment of relief was cut short when a tan blur hurtled past him, a loud stream of cursing coming from it as it continued its rapid descent. Folding his wings in with a sigh, Kroll dived after the falling griffon, grabbing ahold of it in an awkward bear-hug. As he opened his wings again to slow their descent into a lazy downwards spiral, Kroll stared at the griffon in his grasp, silently passing judgement upon it.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:31 am

Mikael had half his armour on when the Happy Hour was hit by the Blackest Night's broadside. Feeling the ship shake violently from the impact of dozens of ballista bolts, he made a snap decision.

"Officers of the Fourth. We're sinking. Get off this bloody ship IMMEDIATELY!"

Grabbing his sword from his quarters, Mikael charged down the corridors towards the nearest flight deck. Feeling his heart beat faster, and faster, Mikael was sure he was either in shock, or about to have a heart attack. Neither would be fitting to show in front of the men, however. Managing to keep composure even while running, he insured that they took every griffon they could along with them.

Reaching the flight deck, Mikael spread his wings.

"Take off!"

Jumping up into the air, he flapped his wings and proceeded into the dark night sky.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:48 am

The chains that had been severed dangled from their ships. But the cutting was to no avail- the Blackest Knight discharged its killing blow. The Happy Hour and the Skycrasher, who had still been tethered, both went up in a conflagration of flames and explosions as their remaining gas sacks ignited instantaneously. They dropped like dead weight from the sky, leaving glowing scars of fire and smoke in their wakes.

The Knight released it's chains, dropping them into the abyss below. Although the greater weight of its deed was done, the whole work was not finished.

A contingent of Pegasus fliers in full armor left the ship, tasked with the messy job of killing off the survivors.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Nikolai was still on board when the Happy Hour became a flying furnace, inside the armoury grabbing his armour and halberd. He was thrown against the wall as the airship began to list to one side uncontrollably.

Hauling himself to his feet, he ran across the wall-turned floor towards the nearest hatch, pausing only to pull a stunned sailor along with him. Reaching the hatch, he threw his new companion and then himself through abd dropped out of the burning ship.
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:02 pm

Freyia watched in horror as the ship burst into flames and fell into the darkness below. She turned to watch what the pegasus ship would do next, seeing the soldier, a generous term for them, fly out and advance on them. She prepared her spear and smiled, once again saying a little prayer.

Once they reached the first griffons she flew straight at them, dadging around the first two who clumsily swung their weapons at her. Her spear connected with the chain mail of a pegasus. She spun her body, and just like the ballista chains, the rings shattered as the spear spun right through the pony. She continued going forward with her new shield. Another pegasus flew up and swung at her, only to hit is comrade as she turned. Flinging the dead pegasus off her weapon she began to fight this one, who wielded a sword in his mouth.

Why do ponies always use their mouths? So disgusting. After a few blocks and parries she managed to break the pegasus' wing sending him in a slow spiral down. She paused to look at the chaos around her. This was what she wanted, being in the middle of a battle was unlike any feeling in the world.

Once again she prepared herself and joined the fray.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SangWing Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:17 pm

SangWing was pumping his wings as hard as he could, trying to stop his slow and eventual descent into death. He didn't want to die, he was too strong to simply die from a wing wound! Panic and fear set into his body as he fell, until one of the griffins had grabbed onto him and saved him. The pressure underneath his arms would put pressure on his broken wing and he screeched in pain before looking back at his savior. "Be more fucking careful!" He yelled out as he kept his injured wing stretched out. Blood was pooling down his wing from the injury, but the anger of being caught in the air was distracting him from it. He wanted revenge, and he wanted it now.
SangWing
SangWing
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next