MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginnings, Endings, and the Threads that Never Die [Closed] (Dated)

+9
Steel Strike
Shady Silhouette
Mercy Heart
Sassaflash
°๖ۣۜXarith
Atriark
SangWing
Rationale
Tisis Antony
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Beginnings, Endings, and the Threads that Never Die [Closed] (Dated) Empty Beginnings, Endings, and the Threads that Never Die [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Tisis Antony Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:47 am

Nov 4 - 5, Year 4

A nightmare moved through dreary- and though I became leary, I opened that horrid door.

And though my eyes bled teary, and I had grown more weary; The waiting would be a greater chore.

Poetry wouldn't save anyone.

The streets were clogged with the runoff citizenry of the day before. A food shortage had been declared, right on the heels of a prior shortage. So, the mares and colts of Manehatten politely marched through the streets, seized the nearest food vender, and flipped the fuck out. These riots had apparently gripped the city for days prior, a fact that the entourage had been woefully unknowing. So, midway into the city, long after Freyia had departed, the Praetor found himself carting three limp bodies in a thinly veiled wagon right into a crowd of the most audacious citizenry the city had to offer.

The Praetor had made a decision- to cut and run. He had moved further away from the rioters, into what he recognized as this cities industrial district. His small entourage, two Centurions in plains-clothes followed along, watching his rear for people following. The Praetor veered into a derelict warehouse, watching his steps as he went to avoid the smattering of shattered glass. The warehouse was empty, and for all intents and purposes completely uninhabited.

"One of you go bring me that stretcher. We're going to need to bind them before the sedatives wear off." The two griffins both simultaneously went for the gurney, and busied themselves with the work of hauling the limb Zebras from their wagon. After a short fifteen minutes, the Zebras were trussed and bound with improvised chains. The six creatures in the warehouse all huddled together in its corner, behind a curtain wall and protected from spying eyes.

The sedatives were unfortunately wearing off- these Zebra's couldn't be brought in for questioning in this status. August mused to himself the possibilities. "All right boys, we're going to need to get whatever information we can from them," he said, gesturing to the table behind. They moved all of the tools off, save for some selected implements for coercion.

The Praetor knew the deal. This wasn't a fun job, but the circumstances forced his hands. He was going to need to kill the Zebras, but the least he could do was derive some information first. Anything the Prudentate would be able to use would prove valuable. But for all purposes, he could not let these Zebras escape alive. Not knowing what they knew- of his face, and occupation.

He toyed with the idea of letting them go briefly- maybe they would find their way home if he left them there, and they wouldn't be worse for the wear. But deep down the Praetor knew that releasing them wasn't an option. They needed to die- no loose ends, no awkward questions after. A shame too- an entire family being killed for a botched kidnapping seemed... wasteful.

The Prudentate followed the two mares being led from their cells. One, his little pedigreed secret agent- the other, one Mercy Heart. They both knew their jobs.

The group left the Griffin Headquarters, and made their way to their new detention center. It was there that they would await their execution.

CRITICAL BACKGROUND INFO- MUST READ
Spoiler:
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffin Kingdom
Profession: Intelligence Officer

Back to top Go down

Beginnings, Endings, and the Threads that Never Die [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: Beginnings, Endings, and the Threads that Never Die [Closed] (Dated)

Post by Rationale Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:28 am

Collaboration, it was needed for this zebra to come out alive. Rationale was not one of the first to move out onto the public scene, considering the author was trying his hardest to think of some way to break this zebra free. How was he going to be able to pull this off, with the leader of this execution and two guards nearby? It had to be careful, and immediate.

Rationale's brown eyes looked over the execution platform, a podium that lacked an ostentatious feel, since it wasn't really needed. Some zebra's head falling onto the ground was enough of a message after all. He waited for more ponies to show up, some that he could remember. He couldn't do this alone. If one of the main rebel leaders were to die, morale and hope would decrease. Then the resistance, until there was none left. He couldn't have that happen.
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

http://abagofvicodin.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Beginnings, Endings, and the Threads that Never Die [Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: Beginnings, Endings, and the Threads that Never Die [Closed] (Dated)

Post by SangWing Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:33 am

Of all the times SangWing would have wanted the ponies to retaliate, it would be now. A public execution was going to be played out before the eyes of the rebels, and the citizens who knew better than to challenge the authority of the griffins. The griffin smirked as he stood atop one of the buildings, giving himself a slightly aerial view of the scene. He wasn't appointed to be a guard, but if he saw any rebels try to do some funny business, he would be the first to break their legs and drink their blood. He was quivering with Anticipation, daring the ponies to respond. His stomach growled, and he realized that he didn't eat today. Maybe that would change...
SangWing
SangWing
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:00 pm

Atriark paced back and forth. He had received word that his father, mother, and sister had been abducted from their homes in Glitter Hoof. Atriark was mad, nay he was furious. Not just at the gryphons, but at himself. It had never occured to him that being a rebel wouldn't put his family in danger. But he should have known. The seed-eaters would do anything to get at any rebel that had any sort of profession that could aid the cause.

"When did this happen?" Atriark asked the earth pony in front of him.

"Not too long ago, maybe a few days," the pony responded. "I spotted a covered wagon beinng pulled by a gryphon less than an hour ago. I, at first, thought nothing of it. Until I noticed two more following at a distance. It couold be nothing more than a supply wagon. But the rioters didn't try anything. So I suspect there was no food."

Atriark rubbed his brow. "I need to talk to Zuberi," he said, picking up his short spear and hastening out.

------

Ijadi groaned and groggily rose his head. Everything was blurry when he opened his eyes. Soon however, he opened his eyes and regretted waking up. "What do you want...?" the zebra said in a hoarse and dry voice.
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:21 pm

(((For a bit of clarification, the timeframe we exist on, is that we are currently a day before the date of the execution. The condemned are merely being led to their holding places to await the execution.)))

The Praetor glanced over his shoulder, watching the father stir from his rest. "Good morning Mr. Ijadi, I hope we haven't made you too uncomfortable," he said, still sizing up his tools. "Your wife and daughter, I suspect will be rising to consciousness as well. Is there anything you'd like to tell me before we get to far into this?"

The two guards were nowhere in the veiled room. One had taken post by the entrance, and another hugged the rafters, watching from above.

The Praetor motioned towards the young Zebra female. "That's a nice daughter you have there."

________

The entourage, twenty griffin soldiers strong, dragged the two mares along in chains. They passed through block after block, immune to the harsh and harried gazes of the ponies lining the streets. They approached their destination, a large cleared out intersection of two roads. At the center, a large wooden podium had been built to facilitate the execution. But the preperations hadn't been entirely finished.

The group led their prisoners into a nearby building that had been retrofitted into a holding center. Tomorrow. That was the day.

______

Three blocks down, in an innocuous building tucked into an alley, activity was buzzing. Three local rebel sympathizers had volunteered the use of their home as a staging platform.

The building was tucked far back from the main street, hidden in an alley that was always blanketed in shadows. It wasn't visited frequently save for the occasional rebel stowaway, and had yet to be discovered despite its proximity to the center of the city. The inside was suprisingly well furnished, with all the trappings of pre-war Equestrian life stowed inside. A comfy rug, and well kept furniture gave the room a comfortable aura. It was warm, with windows opening up to the alley to cool down strategic portions of the building.

The three rebel sympathizers and several rebel couriers had filled the room, hotly anticipating the rebels who had agreed to show.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:15 am

Xarith turned a small street corner that led down one of the side streets away from his shop. He had been just doing some rounds throughout the city. Taking thing, shipping them out, whatever he needed to do. This particular run required him to turn into one of the lesser known parts of town and into a secluded alleyway.

Xarith powerslid to a stop in front of the entrance to the dark alleyway. He adjusted his coat as he took care to hide the insignia on the flanks. The last thing he wanted was to draw attention to himself. Adjusting the strap on his shoulder, he shifted the saddle back as he slowly rode down towards a door near the edge of the alley. Ponies were walking into the building periodically with much haste to the zebra's surprise as he hopped off his board and dropped to all fours.

Xarith, though thoroughly uninterested with their purposes, walked into the building to fulfill his own purpose. He had more routes to run anyways.
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Traveling Merchant & Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:08 pm

Ijadi gave the gryphon a death glare. "You leave my daughter alone."

Just then Ijadi's daughter groggily awoke. When she saw the large gryphon, her eyes went wide and her breathing hastened. "D-dad...."

------

Atriark stormed out of the Zuberi's war room. He was not happy. The zebra runt was told that Zuberi could not spare anypony to aid Atriark in rescuing his parents. Zuberi expressed his apologies, but apologies wouldn't keep his mother, father, and sister alive. So, whether or not he had support, Atriark would at least try to rescue his family.

On his way out of the building, Atriark bumped into a zebra he vaiguly remember. "Hayseeds. Can you watch wehre you are going ?"
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:21 pm

Xarith was pulled out of his little world when he bumped into another zebra, sending his board rolling onto the floor. He shifted his saddle bag and coat as he looked up to see who he had to apologies to.

"Heh, sorry about that," Xarith said as he kicked his board up and flipped it back onto his back. "Wasn't really payin' much attention to where I was going now was I..." The zebra then took a good look at the other zebra that he had bumped into.

"Er... This may seem a bit outta the blue, but have we met before?"
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:08 pm

The Praetor sized up his captives. A family-type, and his family. August did not know if they knew anything, but if they did, he'd have them singing.

"You probably don't recognize where we are- but we're just outside your charming little town. A hop, skip, and a jump away, so to speak. We don't mean any ill will towards you or your kin. Just tell me everything you know about your son, and we'll let you be on your way, not a bit worse for the time spent here."

The Praetor lifted a scalpel he'd been carrying with him, and placed it on the table. "The alternatives are far less pleasant, and I'd be happy not to pursue them. Ultimately the power rests with you, to make this ordeal. You will be the one whose words guide my actions- and you will be the ones who decide whether you live or die."

"Again, may I ask- tell me what you know about your son."
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Ijadi's eyes widened when he saw the scalpel. A thousand thoughts ran through his head, but they all kept ending with Why do they want Ark?He turned to his daughter and his now awakening wife. "Dearest... They want to know about Ark..." Ijadi explained to his bride.

"We haven't seen him in two years..." Shani responded, her eyes stayin on the scalpel

"What?! Why Atri? He hasn't talked to since he left..." Amadia said, looking panicked.

Ijadi looked at the gryphon. "He doesnt' talk to us. But you don't care do you? You job is to get information out of us. You don't care if it's true or not."

-------

Atriark looked at the zebra he bumped into and looked at him closely. He did indeeded look familiar. "Didn't you help me once during a midnight drop off...?"
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:41 pm

Mega kept silent as she slowly snuck through the streets of the city, heading towards the building that she thought was the right one she had been told about earlier. Her memory wasn't the best, but she tried her hardest. After quite a few blocks of sneaking, she managed to make it to one of the many abandoned buildings near the scene the execution would take place in the next day.

She didn't start with searching for any others right away, simply trying to find a good place to hide from any windows she could be seen through. "I hope there are a lot of ponies around here to help us soon."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Inventor and Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Heart Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:48 pm

Mercy kept her head down, her eyes fixed on the ground in front of her. She did her best to not let her magic work. She did not like the presence of so many ponies and griffons around her. She could sense fear, sadness, and excitement from the crowds as they marched to the warehouse where they would be held.

Her stomach would not settle down, she felt like she was going to throw up. She could not believe she had made a deal with them, but what else was there to do. It was either accept the deal or die, and have her dad's legacy destroyed. The guilt weighed more heavily with each step. She was going to betray the ponies she cared for. She tried to rationalize the actions more in her mind, that and tried not to vomit on the street.

As they arrived at the building only one thought went through her mind, Maybe death would have been a better choice
Mercy Heart
Mercy Heart
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:57 pm

Shady slowly walked down the streets with her griffon 'captors' and the other mare she didn't know, the clinking of the chains connected to the shackles on her legs barely effecting her. She kept her eyes closed with a solemn look on her face, forcing her breathing into uneven, somewhat weak breaths to simulate being locked up and barely fed for the past few days. She had been practicing her facade for some time and she had it perfected.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffons
Profession: Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Steel had an easier time walking through the downtown area. He had been around the block before, and knew the streets a bit better then most. However, Mega had been vague at best as to where the building was, so all he could do was wonder around the blocks. He hoped somepony could help him out with where he was going.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel
Profession: Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:10 am

Mega hummed lightly as she looked about the furnished space she had managed to find herself in. It surprised her that there wasn't somepony actually living in it already. With a giggle, she snuck about the space, making sure she didn't stay in any of the windows for too long. Passing by one, however, she spotting a certain unicorn and smiled. She tapped on the glass with her hoof to try and get his attention, making sure the noise wasn't too loud.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:18 am

Steel heard the tapping come from the building to his right. He turned to see his mare friend and quickly trotted inside the vacant building. The place was surprising well off, despite outward appearances. It was very well concealed despite being in an abandoned slum downtown. Steel saw Mega in the room, and hugged her quickly, then asked "Where are the others?" in a nervous tone.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:39 am

Mega gained a wide smile on her muzzle when she managed to get Steel's attention, hugging him back tightly as soon as the arms were around her. "I missed you Steelie." She said in her usual happy voice, taking a step back and smiling at the other pony. "It seems we're the first ones here, but there should be plenty more coming.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Well well, what have we here?

Zweihander had just seen two ponies he had never expected to ever meet again. The rebel engineer, and that blasted smith. Seemed he hadn't killed them after all. He cringed in sudden pain. His side had been hurting him ever since that fight with the Timberwolf. It had gotten him good, and the wounds were deep.

Looking back up, he saw the smith enter the derelict apartment building. Chuckling quietly, he decided it was time to get some answers, and a rebel as a side prize.

Sneaking quietly to the door, Zweihander unsheathed his sword with a barely audible noise.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffonic Army
Profession: Colonel
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Steel stood in the fancy room waiting for other ponies to join them. He couldn't wait to see at least one of these rebel leaders. There'd been many rumors on appearances, but many agreed it was a zebra who headed it. Who knows, they might be getting a guy lower on the rung of the ladder. He heard a very small click outside the door, and instantly went rigid.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:00 pm

Mega blinked her eyes a few times as she watched Steel tense up, not having her the click sound herself. Tilting her head curiously, she tried her best to figure out what was wrong with her coltfriend. "Are you cold, Steelie? There's a blanket over there if you need to snuggle up and get warm." She said, pointing a hoof towards a blanket laying on the backrest of a couch.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:12 pm

Zweihander put the side if his head to the door. He heard muffled conversation. It seemed that only the two ponies were there.
Taking a few steps back, he readied himself to bash down the door.

One.....two.....THREE!

With a mighty tackle, Zweihander beat the door clean off its rotted frame. Standing in the doorway like an avian reaper, he brought the sword to a ready position on his shoulder.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Once his marefriend asked about the blanket, he quickly jumped in front of her, and turned around. Just in time to see the door explode, revealing the griffon that had just charged through. Steels face looked surprised. Mikael? he thought, but didn't say anything, lest he do something that'd harmed Mega. He quickly realized this was the soul different from Mikael, he couldn't put his hoof on the name. Either way he stood panicked.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:34 pm

Mega jumped backwards as soon as the door exploded in the room, her wings flaring straight out to show her surprise better than her face ever could. She took a few steps backwards towards the wall, bringing a wing down to quickly undo the clasp on her saddlebag while just making it look like she was simply putting them back back into a resting position. Without saying a single word, she backed herself up against a wall, wanting to simply observe until she was needed.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Zweihander looked around the room. It was quite well-furnished for a derelict apartment... Regardless, that wasn't why he was here.

Extending a claw towards the grey unicorn, he gestured for him to come to him. Glancing at the mare, he saw that she was fiddling with her saddlebags. He didn't know what purpose that would do, but he was keeping an eye on her.

Focussing his emerald eyes back on the stallion, he clicked his beak in impatience.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:01 pm

Steel stared at the Griffon. He was asking him to come with him....And there wasn't much else he could do. He could fight, but that would be in vain. He had a sword, and Steel had nothing, no armor, no sword. If he fought, it'd have to be with magic, and his skills weren't that good. He looked over the sword that the griffon had. It was the same one he had used on Mikael. However this definitely wasn't Mikael, although it looked like him. He knew Megs was going to throw down a repllant of sorts any second. There was still a chance shed be hurt or worse if she set off anything. He motioned to the mare. "If I go peacefully, will you not arrest her? Or do anything else to her?" he asked hoping the griffon would respond in a positive matter. Smiths could be trained easily....She was a one in a million mare who could never be replaced. He also noticed the Griffon seemed wholeheartedly interested in him, and not very concerned with Mega despite his encounter with her before.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:11 pm

Mega kept her guard up in case something happened, but quickly placed her plans on removing an item from her bag to the side as Steel began speaking to the griffon whose name she did not know. She knew the body was the same as the friendly Mikael, but the mind was far from it. Looking between the griffon and her coltfriend, she slowly shrunk back a bit more as a sorrowful look slowly formed on the mare's face while her ears folded back onto her head.

"Steelie..." She said in a low tone that might not even have been audible to the two others in the room for her. She couldn't bear the thought of Steel getting taken away from her.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Zweihander narrowed his eyes at the smith's suggestion. He didn't like it; that didn't mean he couldn't agree. Looking at the mare, he nodded his head. Turning his gaze back to the smith, he outstretched his claw.

Just because he needed answers more than a rebel... did not mean he wouldn't go after her after this was all over. That was a certainty.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Steel looked at the expecting griffon. He tried to think of a way out. He was reasonable griffon but not by much. He couldn't fight, and he couldn't run, unless he wanted to lose Mega. He sighed. The only thing he could do was go with the griffon. And hope to Celestia that his end would come quickly, and preferably not on the other end of a griffon. He looked up at thegtiffon. "Lets go..." he said, hishead hung low, as he approached the griffon.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Mega's legs shook lightly as she watched Steel approach the griffon. Her rump slowly fell to the floor as her ears remained pressed onto her head. She sniffed lightly as she tried her best to keep herself from crying while keeping her eyes on Steel. "B-be careful, Steelie..." She managed to say quietly while staying in place against the wall.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Zweihander grabbed the unicorn by the horn as soon as he was within reach. Looking at him in triumph, he used an old trick for incapacitating unicorns; "The Blackclaw fracture".

Slamming the pommel of his sword right at the base of the horn, a small, hairline fracture would form, releasing energy, and causing unconsciousness.

Zweihander planned to take the stallion to a small roost he had ready in the Industrial District, which they were in. There, he would question him about the events of his incident.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Steel was surprised when his horn was grabbed. He then recalled hearing about the maneuver in the army, negating a unicorns magic. He heard Megas plea for him to be safe. Please be safe Mega was Steels final thought before the sword struck him. Suddenly a bright flash obscured his vision which faded to darkness. A second before the flash went off, Steel would later recall his life flash before his eyes.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:44 pm

A scared shriek left Mega's mouth as she watched the weapon strike Steel's horn, forced to look away and protect her eyes as a sudden flash filled the room. As the flash disappeared, she slowly looked over at the two, tears quickly filling her eyes as she saw her downed coltfriend. "S...Steelie...?" She struggled to say as she reached out to the unconscious pony.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:48 pm

Zweihander hoisted the unconscious unicorn over his shoulder silently, almost professionally. Giving the mare a glare, he backed, slowly, out of the room. Sheathing his sword, he looked to his prize. The stallion's horn would be operational again in a few hours; that gave him a small window of time to work with.

Hopefully no one decided to be a hero, foolishly.

(Proceed to Answers Best-Forgotten Questions to follow Steel and Zwei.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:29 am

The three ponies came running from the kitchen, various knives and utensils in hand. The blood had left there faces, as if they'd been shocked half to death. One, a crimson colt about twice the size of Megabyte, approached her hesitatingly. "What- who was that?"

The other two busied themselves slamming the door shut, and bolting down the windows. "Did he figure out why we were here?"

Without the noise of the griffin, the music became audible again. It was an old record player, and it jarred out tunes of olden time romances and dates. It was an odd juxtaposition, the haunting refrains of folksy love-ballads, compared to the current situation. Odd? No- thematically fitting; after all, forlorn love and lost lovers were all that seemed to beat true, no matter the day, age or setting.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:51 am

Mega looked up at the crimson colt sadly, staying seated on the floor as she tried her best to recover from the emotional stress she had been put under. Tears continued slowly rolling down her cheeks, showing little signs of slowing down. "No... He just wanted my coltfriend for reasons I don't know of... It might be questioning, but that griffon didn't know the use of this building."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:15 am

After the room was secured, the colt looked down to the distraught Mega. "Oh- you knew him..."

He found himself trying to console her, and gestured for the other two to get some tea. He knew something about grieving, but couldn't remember what it was. Where you supposed to leave a grieving person alone, or to comfort them? The colt decided that it was the latter, and lowered himself to hug the mare.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:22 am

Mega nodded to reply to the pony as he spoke, about to reply, but pausing as she suddenly received an unexpected hug from him. Simply blinking her eyes in surprise for a few moments, she didn't know what to do in the strange situation. She didn't hug him back, nor did she fight it either, she just limply lingered in the embrace while her thoughts raced to try and sort themselves out after what had just happened in front of her earlier.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:27 am

The two ponies came back with tea, or whatever semblance of tea that could be scrounged up in these times. They saw the two embraced, and left the tea on the table.

The colt found himself locked in an awkward embrace with a mare he had never met. He noted that he had never been this close to a mare, and couldn't really figure out where to go from here. He thought that standing up would've been too awkward, so he figured that going the other direction must be the needed resolution. He began to brush his hoof through her hair, as if to simulate brushing- gentle, and comforting.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:32 am

Mega's eyes shot open the moment she felt the hoof start to run though her mane. The memories of Steel doing to same the night before flooding into her thoughts as her pupils shrank. In a blink, her forehoof was up and smacked into the leg of the other pony to smack it away from her head. Not saying anything, she simply stared at the wall behind the unknown pony as she fell into a state of unfocus.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:29 am

The Praetor did not doubt the speech of this grizzled Zebra. How would a deeply underground rebel reach his family, much less give them news? But maybe there was more he could squeeze from them. Sure, the Zebra didn't know anything new, but any information at all.

"Lets start with his background. Before he disappeared, you say, two years ago, what did he do for a living- how old would you say he was?"

The Praetor withdrew a small jar from his coat. Inside, a small green orb danced impishly, like a little devil. He placed the jar next to the scalpel, and awaited his answers.

The colt felt the mare knock his hand away- he was ready for this. This was the grieving process in motion, her trying to reject his comfort. He couldn't let her go, not let her fall into that existential funk. He gripped tighter, and made his presence known. "There there- shhhhhhhhh."
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:36 am

Mega's pupils only shrunk farther as she was held tighter and the words were spoken to her. She was beginning to panic as she slowly fell down into the abyss of her own mind. Beginning to sweat, the mare darted her eyes around to look all over the room. "N...no...! L-let me...go...! Don't h-hurt me!" She suddenly yelled in a panicked voice as she struggled against the hold she was unable to escape from, wings threateningly flared out behind her.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:41 am

Atriark had an idea. This zebra seemed willing enough to help. Maybe, just maybe, he could be persuaded to assist in helping rescue Ark's family. It would make Ark's job easier to say the least. "Hey Xarith, I need your help... My folks and sister... They...they were foal napped by gryphons. I believe I know where they are... I ask for your assistance, but I understand if you decline."

-------

"Ark wasn't doing anything for a living," Ijadi lied.

"He was busy learning medicine..." Shani said, her eyes still on the scalpel.
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:04 am

August listened to the father, and then the daughter, and visibly winced a bit when he heard their contradictory testimonies. "Ah- well, that's not... good."

He took a deep breath, and lifted the scalpel from the table. "The way this works is, I do my work for a minute, and then ask you a question. If I don't like the answer, then I go back to my work for another minute, and ask you another question."

He approached the young mare, a fine specimen in her prime. He began to hum a lively tune, folksy, a light aria to lift his spirits. He was calmer then most would be in this situation, and he had a visible sway in his movements as he moved with the imagined tune.

Without warning he lunged into her thigh, cutting a deep incision straight into her bone. He performed this too quickly to react too, and he withdrew his knife just as he felt her kick in reflex. He returned to his table, and lifted the top of the jar. The ghastly orb split in two as he wafted air from the jar. He grabbed one of the orbs, and returned to the squirming mare. When he saw an opportunity he lunged forward, forcing the Will-o-Wisp into her wound.

The spirit of fire kicked about in its confinement, desperate for escape. It spread into blood vessels, burning and tearing everything it touched. It was trapped in her leg for now, and the Praetor kept his hand over the wound to prevent it escaping.

At half-an-hour to midnight, my mo-ther she used to say;
That the little griffin boys couldn't go out to play;

But we didn't listen to mother, and we went out anyway;
Now us little griffin boys, no longer get to stay-

He hummed the dity as he went about his work, un-shaken by the reactions of those around him.

The colt panicked, and let go for a moment. Oh shit, he cursed under his breath. "Uh guys, I think she's broken- she's like, flippin' out over here."

One of the mares entered the room, and shoved the idiot colt aside. "Fuck- Dinna, get some of that hard liquor, we may need to sedate the mare."
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:13 am

Xarith just smiles lightly as he flips his dirtboard onto the ground and stepped on it with a hoof. "Nos problemos Atriark. I can do anything for a good friend ya know?" the Zebra said as he kicked the board back onto his back and walked over to Ark. "Now what exactly what I am I doing again. I have no idea what I am doing." He shifted his saddlebags a little bit causing a small fan of knives to fall out of them.

Xarith just smiled as he kicked him back into his bag.

"Hahaha... Probably wouldn't need those when when I got my dirtboard..."
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:17 am

Mega was free, but that didn't seem to help her calm down in the slightest, her undone saddlebag spilling out its contents of griffon repelling and escaping items as she quickly scooted back while on her rump. "D-don't come a-any closer... P-please... d-don't hurt me...!" She pleaded to them, pupils reaching their smallest possible point as her back bumped into the wall, her surprise freezing her in place as she just stared off into space.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:29 am

Shani screamed in pain from the scalpel digging into her leg. Her screams intensified as the fire spirit burned her. Ijadi fought against his restraints, the older zebra's impressive muscles bulging. He swore and cursed at the gryphon, calling him all manner of names. Amadia on the other hoof cried and whimpered, cringing at her daughter's cries.

"You seed eating bastard! I'll kill you for this! I swear upon every demonic star you will DIE!!!" Ijadi shouted, his voice full of fury.

-------

Atriark smiled upon seeing the fan of knives. "You sure? It will just be me and you. And honestly, I don't even know if it's the right place. All I was told was a wagon was seen heading into a warehouse. It wasn't a food wagon as the food rioters nearby didn't try to attack."
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Beginnings, Endings, and the Threads that Never Die [Closed] (Dated) Empty This is no doubt going to end well for everyone.

Post by Tisis Antony Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:43 am

When the Praetor's song was finished he let go, allowing the Wisp to escape. It evaporated into nothingness, it's impudent rage exhausted against the insides of the mare's leg. He looked to the group, and the father seething with rage. Good, good, progress!, he thought. He had an urge to enter a banter with the father, but quietly quelled that urge. Nothing good ever came of banter.

"Do any of you have anything you wish to say? Hmmm? How about you, Mr. Zebra? Do you remember anything about your son? Anything at all?"

He returned to his table, and looked again at the tools held on it.

"Eh, okay okay okay- everyone back up. Let the mare get some space." The group withdrew from the room, and the eldest mare smacked the colt upside his head for his stupidity.

The room was empty, save for the sound of raindrops. Thick, heavy drops from above, that banged against the windows with a distinct snap.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:50 am

Mega continued her staring into space, even as the other ponies left to give her room. The mare didn't move an inch other than for her heavy breathing. After a long few moments of doing nothing but listening to the rain, she slowly removed her saddlebags and laid down on her side, curling up into a tight ball while slowly calming down. Unmoving, she just closed her eyes and cried softly, the sounds of sadness escaping the room through the open doorway.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by °๖ۣۜXarith Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:04 am

Xarith just waved Atriark's statments off with a swing of his hoof. "Come on Ark. I've run more dangerous runs in my sleep," Xarith said with a smile. That smile then turned to a slight look of contemplation as he thought about his statement. "Now that I think about it..." He then turned his attention back to Ark as he smiled again and trotted over to his zebra.

"After all in my line of work, we don't do things too sloppy," Xarith said revealing the insignia on his coat.
°๖ۣۜXarith
°๖ۣۜXarith
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atriark Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:12 am

"Atriark didn't have a job you ass hat. I don't know what he did outside of study in medicine." Ijadi glared at the gryphon in front of him, entertaining the thought of shoving one of those whisps down his throat.

"He studdied history too dad..." Shani wimpered. "Said how the gryphs were going to loose Equestria if they insisted on tightening their grip. Showed me many times it has happened..." Shani seemed to grow more courage, picking her head up and staring strait at the gryphon. "You're going to loose bird. Not in a month, maybe not a year. But. You. Will. Loose."

-------

Atriark gasped when he saw the insignia Xarith showed. He still could remember his father sporting just such an insignia on some of his work clothes. His father had joined the group when they had moved to Glitter Hoof. Atriark had seen it many times before he had left for Manehattan. Honestly, the small zebra thought he would never see such an insignia again.

"My father had an insignia just like that one..."
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next