MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Unusual Sight (Dated)

3 posters

Go down

An Unusual Sight (Dated) Empty An Unusual Sight (Dated)

Post by Silvern Gleam Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:56 pm

November 09, 3 to 4 pm

Once again, Silvern Gleam enjoyed an afternoon in the park, as much as complicated calculations could be enjoyment, but for the unicorn it indeed was. To others it looked like she was simply relaxing in the sun, eyes closed and her horn surrounded by a soft, white glow. In her saddlebags, several gems shared the glow as she quite literally wrote formulas into them, or read information from them. She didn't pay attention to her environment, but her concentration was broken anyway when suddenly a spell was cast nearby. No levitation or something similar simple, that she would have ignored. This one... she actually didn't know what it was, and that definitely deserved her attention. It was a little too far away for proper analysis, and the caster wasn't walking towards her, and so Sil stood up, took her saddlebags, and casually walked towards the source, just quick enough to slowly catch up without acting overly suspicious. The spell was regularly switching the target, moving around as if it was searching. Could that be? It actually was providing some kind of feedback to the unicorn responsible, but Sil wasn't able to understand it, she would need more than a short look to really know what was going on. Still, that feedback seemed to be the only effect, no physical reactions were triggered, and also the magical environment was left exactly as it was before. Sil only came to one conclusion: It was some kind of perception spell! That was more than only a little intriguing. She made a decision and sped up her step, now walking up to the other unicorn. A quick check told her that she was dealing with a mare, more she wasn't able to determine before she was there.
Hello, she said smilingly. Sorry for the interruption, but...
She paused for a moment, unsure about how to address the matter properly. She was excited to finally meet somepony who possibly had similar means of perception as herself. Excitement that was clearly audible. I noticed the spell you're casting, and sorry for being so direct but I don't know how to get to the point otherwise: Is that some kind of visual spell?

Last edited by Silvern Gleam on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Artifact Merchant

Back to top Go down

An Unusual Sight (Dated) Empty Re: An Unusual Sight (Dated)

Post by Forte Sun Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:18 pm

Forte slowly traced the path she usually took through the park on her daily trips through the open area of trees, grass and fresh air. Scanning the area with her senses in search of anypony who might need assistance, she didn't need to pay attention to where she was heading. She knew this path better than any other she knew of, able to travel back home safely even with her senses off. Unaware she was of any interest to anypony, she scanned over the content aura of a pony behind her, simply expecting them to be another park visitor traveling the same way as her.

The teal mare didn't show any signs of reaction to the words that were spoken to her, keeping her 'gaze' forward and expression blank. She eventually spoke up as her magic was brought to attention. "Yes, it is. It allows me to see the energies of those around me. It is rather useful." She replied in a dull, monotone voice. "I am surprised to know you are able to perceive it, miss. You are the first."
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet
Profession: Medic and Psychiatrist

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:11 am

Normally Sil was quite reserved towards strangers when it came to talking about her ability, the main reason being that she simply didn't want the griffons to know. Keeping a low profile was important for survival in these times, and apart from that Sil had met ponies who were kinda uncomfortable with how much information the blind mare had about her environment. It simply was a little creepy when she always noticed everypony around while they were still out of sight, knew what they had in their saddlebags. Over the years she had formed a habit to act like a blind pony was expected to act.

Now however that was different, this was no griffon and apparently this mare wasn't uncomfortable with Sil immediately figuring out what that spell was. Ironically, Sil was a little uncomfortable with the emotionless tone. She usually determined emotions only from voice, reading expressions demanded too much concentration, but now she she bothered with it, hoping that there was something to find out in the other mare's face while she answered. Yes, I can imagine I'm the first one. I'm quite surprised myself to meet a another unicorn with an ability of this kind, I thought it would never happen

That was strange. Where the eyes should have been was... nothing? So this pony was blind as well, at once Sil's interest grew even more. But she didn't mention it and returned the favor of being told what that spell was. I can sense magic in general, and your spell was standing out. I didn't know what it was, and that's quite unusual, most spells I recognize instantly.

The expression seemed just as emotionless as the voice, this pony didn't show anything to the outside. It made Sil wonder if there even were emotions. Okay, that was probably a silly thought, a pony who didn't feel anything seemed unlikely to her. An old wish entered her mind, the ability to determine emotions from the magical signature of a pony of other living being, something Sil had long since had given up on. It didn't stay for long, it was of no use thinking of it again. Instead she concentrated on the spell again, that was what really was important now. It had quite a beauty to it, a highly complex structure built with an efficiency Sil often missed in the works of most unicorns. Not that it was very surprising, assuming the spell was the special talent.
My ability is completely passive, I don't have to cast anything to see my surroundings. That makes me wonder if you might perceive more than I do. If you have nothing against it I'd like to analyse your spell more closely, she asked carefully, then noticing something she had forgotten. I'm Silvern Gleam, by the way, she added hastily.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:32 am

Forte quietly listened to what her fellow unicorn had to stay to her, turning her senses towards her and focusing them into a smaller range to conserve her energy. She was about to question her use of the words 'another unicorn,' but her question was soon answered for her a few moments later. This pony seemed to be yet another with sensing magic in one form or another. She would be surprised if she hadn't met the medic Mercy just the other day. "Our abilities our quite different, but are the same as well. I guess in a world as vast as ours, that is to be expected. There is another seer, as I like to call those with our brand of magic, in town. Perhaps I can introduce you one day." She replied, suddenly coming to a stop next to a large tree in the park.

Without any warning, she turned to the tree and approached it. With a quick half turn, she sat her rump down on the grass with her back to said tree, keeping her senses on her companion the whole time. "I do not see any problems with your study of my magic. Curiosity is the driving force to knowledge, while knowledge, in turn, leads to understanding and enlightenment." She replied, her voice never changing from the cold emotionless state that matched her face. "Forte Sun is the name I have been presented with. You may call me simply Forte, however."
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:12 am

Yet another one?, Sil exclaimed in surprise. Today I'm lucky it seems, I'd love to meet that other seer.
Happy about Forte's reply, she laid down next to the mare. It's certainly a pleasure to meet you, Forte. You can call me Sil.
She rested her head on her front hooves and relaxed her muscles, almost seemed to fall asleep as she left most of the physical world behind and let herself sink into the sensation of the spell. Yes, this truly was a beauty, she had a dreamy smile on her lips as she explored every aspect of it. Or, as much as she could. As she had already expected, it was way too complicated to fully analyse right now, it would take too much time. After a minute she became a bit more active again as her horn began to glow. For now, she tried to get a rough overview, try to figure out which component of the spell was responsible for what. What she found out, was written down in one of her gems, still save from view in her saddlebags. Meanwhile, she was starting conversation again, also to find out more about the spell.
I always had problems describing to others how I perceive my environment, and others always had trouble understanding what I tried to explain. Do you have similar problems?
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:22 pm

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Miss Sil. Luck seems to have befallen me this day." Forte replied simply, not shifting an inch in her seat in inch other than for her breathing. After the words were spoken, she simply remained silent for a long few moments while she assumed Sil was examining her spell as she kept watch on their surroundings for any possible trouble. "I sometimes have troubles letting others know what I see, but that is to be expected when dealing with those who haven't experienced the sights of which we see. It does not bother me in the slightest."
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:03 am

Miss Sil? The yellow mare chuckled a bit at that, formal salutation in combination with her short name sounded somewhat silly to her. You can drop the "miss", I don't think we have need for formalities.
After Forte's answer to her question, Sil shifted her concentration from the spell to the conversation.
That's what I'm wondering about: If the ways we are perceiving our environment are similar enough for each other to actually understand, she said hopefully and began explaining it further. I've been born blind, I never got an impression of what it's like to see in the common meaning of the word. When others talk about something that is defined by colors, I can hardly talk with them because I have no real idea what colors are. Apparently my coat is yellow and my mane is purple, I know that pictures display something by the means of different colors, but I don't know what any of this really means. This doesn't really bother me as well, but the other way around does. I sense the magical structure of my environment, and through that I get information that I can share with others, but most of it I have to keep for myself because others have no grasp on what I'm talking about. That is made even more complicated by language that isn't meant to carry the kind of information I have, it lacks the proper vocabulary.
Only a short pause interrupted the speech, not long enough to throw something in.
For me, your spell is beautiful. It's a pleasure to examine, I can tell you that and with enough time I could describe relatively precisely what it does, as any seeing pony could describe what is shown in a picture. But I don't know how to express why I find your spell so beautiful, not in a way others would understand. The biggest reason why I'm so happy to meet you is that I hope that could finally change, that I finally found somepony I can share my world with.
Finally she came to an end. Forte had just experienced a side of Silvern Gleam that was usually also kept away from strangers: She could talk a lot about the topics she really was interested in. Sil only noticed afterwards how long she had been talking. Sorry, I guess I got a little carried away, she said awkwardly.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypsy Resonance Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:32 pm

Gypsy approached from a distance and marked her presence with the constant dull intonation of a set of chimes that were attached to her via pole strapped to the side of herself and hung at the end as if she were a wandering wind chime save for the fact that the chimes constantly sang in the air as if they never were given rest, given life by Gypsy's magic as she wandered into the park and toward the two that were already enganged in conversation. The unicorn's ears flowing toward the other two, drawn by the conversation as she slowly, casually even made her way toward the pair of blind ponies, not fair from being the same herself.

"Hello!" she chimed to them when she was close enough, likely the aura of magic around the singing wind chimes would've marked her presence to at least one of them. "Hate to interrupt the two of you but I'm new in the city and... well it's good to talk to ponies." she nodded firmly and smiled as she approached the other two with a sense of almost being accepted already, as if she was going to be accepted by the two without any trouble even to the point that she would bridge the gap between them regardless of personal space. "My name's Gypsy, by the way." she said as she dipped her head lightly toward the other two. "Can I ask your names?" Gypsy asked, the tone in her voice was rather friendly, curious, playful even.

The gypsy was dressed and born as a gypsy, such as her name might suggest, the sound and rustle of many many layers of clothing and netting marked her entrance as well aside from the chime that made things more than obvious. This one was certainly decorated and dolled up it seemed, between the clinking of charms and the rustle of clothing and drag of cloth across fur there was no doubt a great deal worn on this pony.
Gypsy Resonance
Gypsy Resonance

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:39 pm

Forte silently listened to Sil as she spoke to her, taking in every word and any piece of information that was offered to her. "It can be difficult helping others understand what I see. However, somepony like yourself would probably understand rather quickly. What I see is is the aura outlining everyone and everything around me. Inanimate objects are always the same color, but living beings can come in a rainbow of colors depending on their mental or physical state." She replied plainly.

Forte stopped speaking as a new voice gained her attention, still not enough to break her emotionless expression despite the surprise. Widening the area of her senses and turning them toward the voice, the spotted the aura of a pony, surrounded by many white auras. This pony sure liked to dress heavily, didn't she? She seemed to be interesting enough, her name sure made her seem so. Keeping her face forward and away from both of those around her, the teal unicorn spoke up once more. "You may call me Forte, it is a pleasure to meet you Miss." She replied bluntly. "Is there something you need of us today?"
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:22 pm

"The aura outlining everyone and everything." That did sound like the signatures of objects and living beings, so far it had sounded good. However, when Forte continued explaining it with colors, Sil was immediately disappointed. Forte maybe perceived the same as Sil, but not in a similar way. But, with the last part of the sentence Forte managed to change disappointment into pure excitement again. Mental state? That unicorn could read the mental state of others? Anybody with working eyes would have seen astonishment in Silvern's face, Forte apparently subconsciously did what Sil had tried to accomplish for years until she had finally given up. But before she could say anything, they were interrupted.

Somewhat forcefully brought back into a world not only consisting of her, Forte, and their abilities, Sil regarded the newcomer with anger. Normally that would have meant the newcomer wouldn't like to stay for very long because Sil would have made her time here very unpleasant, but before the yellow unicorn could express her anger, it was already held back by temporary confusion. From the sound of the voice Sil would have bet she was dealing with a mare but as her focus switched to the arrival she had to learn something different. Hearing Forte's words, she decided to correct them. Forte, this isn't a "miss", she said, both, annoyance and surprise, in her voice. It's Mister Gypsy...
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypsy Resonance Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:38 pm

Gypsy had just opened her mouth to try and reply to Forte before she stopped in just as a surprised manner as Silvern might have only second before when she spoke up. Feeling almost as if she'd just fallen flat on her face right there in front of the other two mares but the recovery was quick, passed off with a soft laugh as she stepped back just a single step. It was one way to break the ice, "No," deciding to ignore it for the moment, "I don't need anything in particular, and sorry for interrupting, I wasn't intending to become a problem." she said in note of Silvern's obvious annoyance. Those chimes still singing ever so softly above her to help in keeping track of the space immediately about Gypsy.

"I'm new in the city, was just hoping I might find somepony to talk to is all." she smiled pleasantly, "It does seem like such a wonderful place so far though, the friendly guard and attractive neighborhoods, very pleasant and friendly." A light joke with nothing cruel behind it. "Do the two of you mind if I join you for a bit? I promise I won't do anything terrible, at least for a little while." Just a moment later she realized she hadn't gotten answer out of Silvern. "I'm sorry, What did you say your name was again?" she asked, tipping her head toward her as if she might need to hear just a little bit better when her name was spoken, if it was, Gypsy half expected that things were going to be incredibly awkward to try and salvage with this one though definitely curious as to how this one already had seen things.
Gypsy Resonance
Gypsy Resonance

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:32 am

Forte kept her senses trained on Gypsy as she tried her best to make heads our tails of this new pony. She could have sworn they were a mare from the voice, but she knew Sil had the stronger senses when it came to identifying those around her. The teal mare stayed silent for an amount of time that would possibly make others uncomfortable, simply taking in the voices of the others while examining the shapes of Gypsy's many items, the chimes snagging her attention for a moment.

"You are welcome to stay if Sil does not mind your presence. I am trying to meat more ponies after hearing some words from a recent close friend." She replied simply, her voice still never changing despite the positive words. "You seem to have intrigued me as well. Maybe we can speak in greater detail some other moment in time."
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:17 am

Sil sighed as she caught herself. She was still annoyed by the interruption, but couldn't really hold it against Gypsy. Sil had done pretty much the same when talking to Forte, though she at least had a particular reason to do so. Whatever, this pony simply wanted to make some contact, no bad intention, and Sil still was able to swallow her anger, though she hardly did it anymore since Manehatten had been taken.
Sorry, but your timing was a little unfortunate, we were talking about something I'd like to keep private. But I suppose we can continue it later, she sincerely explained the reason for her annoyance, of which indeed was nothing to hear anymore.
I'm Silvern Gleam. Welcome in this oh so wonderful city. It's pretty much a hellhole, but it's possible to live in relative peace if you keep a low profile and avoid the worst places.
All the while she had already taken a look at the chimes and the spell controlling them. It was nothing particularly complicated or interesting as much as Sil could tell so far, but alone the fact that Gypsy was keeping the spell active was worth some curiosity. Is there any particular reason for the chimes?, Sil asked. The fact that this stallion sounded like a mare... well, it was strange, but strange things happened from time to time. What Sil didn't notice was that Gypsy also looked like a mare, that would have been too bothersome for her to find out.

Last edited by Silvern Gleam on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypsy Resonance Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:50 am

Gypsy grinned a bit as she dipped her head to Forte, "Of course, I'd like that, give us something to do hmm? I'm still needing a place to stay so I'll be floating about for a while." she said, everything about Gypsy seemed to ring almost authentically feminine, and it still itched at her as to how Silvern had so quickly spotted what she truly was. Regardless she had no intent of pursuing things right there, Gypsy just wanted to have fun as it were and meet ponies in the new town.

Looking back toward silvern as she spoke she'd listen and then furrow her brows at the other question asked about the chimes, whatever this pony had going for her made her very quick to pick up on things. She blinked her eyes a few times and leaned forward as if to try and show her, unaware of the blindness of the other two ponies as well, "It helps me move around, my sight's not quite good enough to do much of anything other than tell whether it's bright or dark in the current room." she clopped a hoof, "So I keep these chimes active when I'm wandering around so I don't bump into anypony or end up walking into a ditch. That would just be embarrassing after all. Can you imagine wallowing face first in a ditch with everypony giggling at you?" she shook her head slowly and gave a soft sigh, "Bad day that would be."
Gypsy Resonance
Gypsy Resonance

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:19 pm

Forte's seated posture straightened slightly as the news of yet another blind, or nearly blind in this case, pony was in town, her expression remaining unchanged despite the subtle shock that came to her. "So you are blind as well, Sir Gypsy?" She replied calmly, not realizing the title she gave could possibly be hurtful while unable to see the new pony's features in any way. "We seem to have been dealt some strange cards this day. But the universe works in strange ways, it almost ceases to surprise me by this time."

Falling silent once more, she simply focused her senses on the chimes as they remained the center of attention for the moment. "Those chimes are rather clever. The sound rings out and reflects off of objects around you, giving you an image of your surroundings, similar to the sonar of a bat." She stated, her emotionless voice unfitting for the admiring complement she was offering.
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:03 pm

In her head, Sil marked this as the unlikeliest turn of events she had encountered so far. We all are blind, and yet each of us can see in some way. Forte, if you now tell me that this other seer you've mentioned is blind as well I expect him or her to show up here every moment now, she said laughingly, forgotten was the unwanted interruption. Possibly this had been fate anyway, it was already a bit much for random chance alone. No, most likely it had been random chance, Sil didn't believe much in fate.

Her concentration taken off Forte's spell, she noticed the emotionless voice again, and once again it was a little unsettling, despite the positive content of what was said. She thought of asking about it, but decided that she shouldn't do this when somebody else was there, it was a highly personal question and should be handled in private. Instead, Sil picked up on what Gypsy had said. I think we could help you with a place to stay. This city has a lot of hidden places that are still waiting to be taken as home by somebody, if you know where you have to search.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypsy Resonance Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:22 pm

Gypsy was quick to correct the title as a male notation was attached to her name, "Just Gypsy." she clarified, a mild sense of urgency in her voice but not so much offense as concern. "Really though? We're all blind?" she grinned and teased, "Well I'd say if we all relaxed a bit and let our various 'sights' go we could have a wandering hoof and nopony would ever know whose it was." she teased, of course Gypsy wasn't going to start to suggest such a thing but she found the idea entertaining none the less.

When Forte spoke of her spell though Gypsy would eventually nod, "Yes. That's very similar, it has its problems though. It's difficult to get a clear idea of where things are from one point of view, casts great shadows that I can only guess at. Plus it gets on pony's nerves every now and then, so I have to be careful what I use so pony's don't get frustrated and try to take it away. Or it can be very useful..." she said and the chimes would start to sing at a higher and higher pitch until the volume would become almost painful, though she stopped it there to avoid drawing too much attention.

Then to Silvern again as she offered to help Gypsy find a place, "That would be most appreciated, I'm confident in my ability to wander unmolested but I'm sure at some point I'd end up running more circles around myself than needed. Of course if there's something that I can do in return, just let me know. Maybe if you decide to throw some crazy party you might need a dancer like myself." she nodded firmly.
Gypsy Resonance
Gypsy Resonance

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:40 am

Neither Forte's expression nor posture changed as the sound's volume increased, her lack of reaction being enough to make her seem like she was also deaf if the others hadn't already been talking to her. As the sounds and welcoming moments began to die down, the goggled mare finally noticed the color of the aura which belonged to Gypsy. "Blue..." She suddenly said quietly, the word falling flat just like anything else she said.

"Gypsy, there is something bothering you, is there not?" She asked, focusing her senses entirely on the blue aura. "I will not delve into it now to spare giving Sil boredom, but you cannot hide this fact from me. I wish to help you sometime in the future."

Turning her attention back to Sil after her urge to offer to help was satiated, widening the scope of her sense to keep both in her sight. "No, she is not blind like us. She is a medical expert with the ability to read the emotions of others, but unlike us, she does not seem to have the ability to control it. Her aura changed colors several times during our meeting depending on the number of ponies around us, revealing her mental stresses to me."
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:57 am

Sil grimaced slightly and folded her ears down at the unpleasantly loud sound, if Gypsy would have went farther Sil would have asked her to stop, but then it was already over. Useful to Gypsy, but indeed annoying when it gets too much. At least the standard volume apparently was easily bearable.

As Forte talked, Sil could hardly believe what she heard. First she meets another pony with some kind of magic sight, then she learns that this pony knows the mental states of others, they meet another blind pony with unusual means of perception, and now she has to learn that this "seer" she hasn't met yet can read emotions? She had to collect herself for a moment before answering, this definitely was becoming overwhelming. It could be easily heard how much excitement she was holding back when she answered.
Actually, Forte, I'm highly intrigued by your ability to determine the mental state of others. It's something I've dreamed about for a long time, but I'm not able to understand the signatures of living beings well enough, it's way too complicated. It's even more astonishing that this other mare can downright read emotions.
Sil turned to the other pony, a habit she had developed for the sake of the seeing who often wanted eye contact when talking to each other.
Gypsy, your mental state isn't something I should be interested in, so I have to ask first: Is it alright if I try to analyze Forte's spell and its reactions to your signature? Since there's apparently something bothering you, it could give me a great deal of knowledge about how the spell works. Especially your mental state changes along the way, so I definitely wouldn't be bored if you had this talk right away.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypsy Resonance Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:41 am

Gypsy was shocked, incredibly, almost offensilvey to Forte'questions that she would assume to already know so much about gypsy that she would ask such a questions was almost offensive. However, Gypsy was used to dealing with crowds, used to dealing with questions that were both too personal and unintentionally so. Sh tried to tackle both of them at the same time though with a soft laugh and followed it with pleasant conversation. "There's nothing wrong, actually." she said, tohugh Forte would of course still see the blue aura.

"Look," she said, "If I'm bothering htat's fine, I understand Silvern wants to speak with you abuot something Forte but there's really no reason to push on it." she said to them and looked, albeit physicallly and horribly misguided to the other ponies. "If you two are too busy then I'll simply leave." she said to both of them and dipped her head once more, "I was very much a pleasant time hearing your names, Forte and Silvern, I think that I'll leave you two to your privacy though. And Silver when you have some time I'll keep my chimes active to let you know where I am so I can find a place to sleep hmm?" she smiled, ultimately she was trying to be polite and friendly about everything, even apologetic to an extent for her sudden unwillingness to patricipate in whatever was going on, but she was... incredibly uncomfortable in having so much exposed about herself already. "Maybe another time..." she said.
Gypsy Resonance
Gypsy Resonance

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:28 pm

Forte nodded her head once while listening to what the others had to say. Sil seemed to get more interested in her spell, while Gypsy only seemed to pull away from the more personal questioning. "I would accept the request, Sil, but it seems Gypsy is unwilling to accept my help at this point in time." She replied simply as she focused her senses more onto Gypsy.

"No need to leave. You may be unable to lie to me, but I can see you are not ready to speak of what is putting your mind into mild turmoil and I will politely stop questioning you until you are." She stated, a bit disappointed in the lost opportunity to help, even if all signs of it were invisible. "You seem to be somepony we wish to know more, so it would be a shame if we were to accidentally chase you off by accidentally offending you."
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:39 pm

While Forte was talking, Sil stood up from her lying position, and when the other unicorn was finished bowed her head to Gypsy. I have to apologize, she said sincerely. I know that many are uncomfortable with the knowledge I possess, you're not the first one who's freaked by that, and normally I hide this knowledge to avoid reactions such as yours. I got carried away and didn't think about what Information I give out about you and how you would feel about it, I'm sorry! Only now she raised her head again. Please stay with us. As Forte said, you're somepony we'd like to know.
It was true that Sil would have liked to examine the spell, but that was something she would have much more time in the future, while meeting somepony for the first time would naturally happen only once. Driving Gypsy away would leave a sour taste, and Sil really knew better than revealing everything she found out about somepony else.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypsy Resonance Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:37 am

Gypsy had perhaps over reacted just a bit to the question, a brief moment of panic that had built up after having so much just apparently floating in the air for these two to pick up on. It wasn't entirely what she meant to do, to make them feel bad or disappointed. "It's fine." she shook her head and pressed out another laugh, if forced. Surely Forte got quite a show of colors that went veining through the pony's blue aura. Strong veins of black went spidering through the blue at first, when they suddenly through the questions of helping her and then usingh er to study something, before being consumed by orange that now danced among the blue light around her. Somewhat annoyed at herself was the truth of it but that might've been difficult to really pick up.

"If you want to watch how she reacts to changes in my mood that's fine but I'm not sure I want to share more personal things in a less than... personal way." she wiggled, quickly placing that almost playful image of herself back up to them, even her voice gave that way as if everything was perfectly fine. "Why don't we just talk for a bit though, I'm sure moods and such change all throughout a conversation, should be able to get quite a bit out of it I would think. Especially with the surprises that you two seem to be full of." the last bit a playful tease.
Gypsy Resonance
Gypsy Resonance

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Forte watched the light show with hidden interest, a slight hum leaving her as the flow of emotions showed her all she needed to know about how their questioning had made Gypsy feel. "I am sorry, dear." She stated simply before shifting slightly into a more comfortable laying position under the tree.

"If it is conversation you are after, Sil here was simply learning about my magic. That might not be the most interesting topic for you, however." She stated simply, crossing her hooves in front of her while she stretched out in the grass. "I believe tt would be more appropriate to change our subject until later."
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Silvern Gleam smiled and lay down again. She agreed to the suggested change of subject, but she still delved a bit into Forte's spell, simply because it was a pleasant experience. Her main concentration however was on the conversation. She was a little unsure about what to talk about, technically everything that could be interesting to talk about also could be a sore topic, and so she just took a wild guess. If I may ask, are you simply traveling around a lot or was there any particular reason to come to Manehatten? This city certainly isn't known to be a nice place to live in.
This question might have been one of the riskier ones, Sil thought after asking, but her smile remained unchanged. And if you are uncomfortable with a question, please feel free to say so.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypsy Resonance Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:47 am

Gypsy opened her mouth to speak in response to Forte though Silvern seemed a bit more quick on the draw. The question was risky, but Gypsy was surely sly enough to respond honestly without diving into the touchy subjects that would have made the question so. "I don't think anywhere as of late is much of a nice place to live in. To be honest though I do travel for the most part, this place seemed... maybe like there was something I could do here to make life a little bit better."

As for her aura it continued to shift and flow throughout the conversation, always everything was on a backdrop of the deep blue that had been there at the start, the creeping yellow was replaced by a more relaxed green though, veining this way and that through the sea of blue in a mostly relaxed manner.

"Not that it will be entirely fun doing so but such is life hmm? How about the two of you, or did you both simply grow up here?
Gypsy Resonance
Gypsy Resonance

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:34 pm

Forte listened to Gypsy, the shifting aura only making her more interested in the words that came from the traveler. This sure was one emotional pony, but she enjoyed seeing somepony so openly expressive. It was a rare sight indeed. "I indeed grew up in this city, Gypsy. It was a pleasant life, except for being unable to control my abilities as a filly and suddenly seeing things I did not want to." She replied bluntly. "Though, it was not all bad, it helped me learn what the colors I am able to see mean sooner than if I were to use the spell on my own."
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:44 am

I grew up here as well, but later moved to Canterlot, Sil answered, first smiling and perfectly content, but as she continued sadness came up as the memories from the first attack came to her mind. Forte certainly would recognize the mood change, though it wasn't very strong. I suppose I don't have to tell you why I came back. When Manehatten was taken as well, I didn't want to run again, and so here I am.
Not wanting to delve deeper into it, Sil simply continued with the subject Forte had brought up, their special talents, immediately leaving the sad memories behind. How I discovered my talent is actually a funny story. All of a sudden I felt something, with no clue what it was, and blind as I am I ran straight into a shop window when I wanted to find out where it came from. Turned out it was a shop for magical artifacts, and since then I sense every bit of magic around me.
Unfortunately I still have some problems with non-magical objects, from time to time I still stumble over something or run into a wall, she added with a chuckle.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypsy Resonance Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Gypsy nodded some to Forte's story, it was vague but she could get the gist of it, or so she thought anyways. "I'm sure that's got to be terribly useful though if I understand. I'm sure you could find something to get you bits anywhere you go really. Even put on a little show for it too if you wanted." she grinned a bit, "Madame Forte, quite a trick it'd be for fortune telling." she giggled softly.

Her attention focused more on Silvern afterward with a vague look in her direction while she explained how she discovered her own talent and almost outright laughed, leaning her weight back some to cover her mouth with her forleg, "Oh dear, I hope you didn't break through that poor pony's window when you found it!" she snickered and shook her head. "Must've made quite an interesting scene though. Personally Mine was pretty simple, this is probably the one particularly good spell I've ever done, even plagued my younger days before I could control it. My mother helped me notice as I got older and lost my sight though that I could follow her instruction much easier when she was teaching me as long as I had something to 'play' with though." she sighed, her aura consuming a few of those green veins, but not all. "She was such a good teacher."
Gypsy Resonance
Gypsy Resonance

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:56 pm

"That must have been quite the interesting day, to discover something so new about yourself Sil. It most definitely had to have much more impact on you to finally be able to see. I had learned of my ability long before my sight left me, so it was simply just something of interest." Forte replied flatly, obviously interested despite the lack of emotion expressed in her voice.

Shifting ever so slightly in her spot to get into a more comfortable position, she listened to what Gypsy had to say before giving her a slight nod. "That sounds like a mostly pleasant life, dear. Having the support of one's parents is very important for success."
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:35 pm

Sil grinned at Gypsy's hope that the window hadn't been destroyed. No, when Sil walked into something, she was quite good in doing it the right way, leaving nothing in one piece. At least as a filly she had been an expert in this, luckily this had changed over the years, and especially since she got her magic sight. Forte was right, it had had quite an impact, in a very positive way.
It was completely astonishing, Sil said, dreamily thinking back to this day. Regardless of how often she replayed those memories, they never became old for her. And as always she had to smile about the little irony of her accident. I hardly understood it at first, but exactly the pony who's window I shattered eventually taught me what exactly I was sensing and how to interpret it. I never had been happier to have broken a window.

Certainly true, Sil agreed to Forte when the conversation shifted towards their parent. Without my parents I would have had a lot of trouble finding my way through the world, quite literally.
It was told as a joke, but immediately afterwards Sil became noticeably melancholic. Sore topics, they were all around the corner, but she didn't say anything, the subject would probably change fast enough on its own.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypsy Resonance Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:22 pm

Gypsy nods in agreement with Forte's comment about parents before she'd look back to Silvern as she spoke and then giggled softly as it finished, though the laugh subsided quickly when Silvern also started to think about her parents... it was obvious, perhaps as obvious as it was to Forte of Gypsy's similar reaction.

"So, Forte, you said you lost your sight did you? Mind if I ask how it happened?" she posed the perhaps awful question, "Perhaps some disease or something? Catching sight of ponies in positions you just weren't ready for at the time?" she teased lightly, trying to keep things as light hearted as she could really.
Gypsy Resonance
Gypsy Resonance

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:44 pm

Forte politely let the two converse nest to her, simply listening to them quietly while observing their auras for anything that might be considered an important change. The two seemed to be rather talkative, but that simply helped her gain more insight on them. It wasn't too long before she was addressed by Gypsy, expression remaining unchanged despite the sensitive topic at hoof. "The griffons thought I was a spy for the Equestrian army, so they removed my eyes." She stated bluntly, her emotionless tone of voice only helping to make the comment slightly more disturbing. "That is why I wear these goggles. Not for myself, but to spare others from seeing my wounds.'
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:51 pm

Sil had noticed Forte's lack of eyes earlier but had been too distracted by the spell to really think about it. She probably wouldn't have dared to ask, but Gypsy hadn't known that Forte wasn't just blind but had no eyes at all, the reason for that had been bound to be disturbing. But Forte told them freely, and in the same monotone voice as always. Sil had already found that lack of expressed emotions slightly unsettling, now it would have had even more effect, if sorrow hadn't taken her over already, which now slowly turned to anger. The griffons never ceased to show more and more cruelty, and this story, even though so little of it had been told, was one of the cruelest. What would she give to pay them back. But she saw now way how she could do it. To Forte her anger would be clearly visible, and Gypsy might hear it from the tense breathing, but Sil didn't say anything.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypsy Resonance Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Gypsy just stopped as she heard what had happened, certainly she didn't mean to ask a question that might've been that... personal, possibly hurtful to the flat sounding unicorn. That awkward silence hanging in the air for a few seconds as nopony said anything about it even made Gypsy feel as though she was... Well, for the most part. "That's awful." she said simply and then blundered further into the hole because now that she'd opened up it would if she just changed the subject all of the sudden, so soon.

"Were you old enough to really remember the times before that happened?" she asked, before blundering even further in, trying to draw a laugh, as hopeless as it may have been now, from either of them. Well... perhaps a little chuckle from Silvern if she was lucky, wasn't much to expect out of Forte, at least not yet. "If you want though, sometime, feel free to take your goggles off, I don't think the sight would bother either of us." she nodded firmly. In truth, Gypsy wanted the conversation to stay as light hearted as possible, hence her attempt at the odd joke.
Gypsy Resonance
Gypsy Resonance

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:16 pm

Forte simply kept her 'stare' straight ahead while Gypsy spoke, finally speaking up herself. "I have grown rather used to these goggles in the years I have been wearing them. They do not bother me in the slightest. But thank you for your concern." She replied simply, able to ignore the flares of orange radiating off of Sil due to the obvious source of her anger.

"I was a filly at the age of thirteen when the event took place, so I had not the chance to make a lasting impression just yet. I do remember the times of playing with what few friends I had before the war flared." She stated. "I guess it is my fault I have lost my sight, however. My curiosity caused me to watch the streets as the fighting died down and I got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:15 pm

A filly watching what is going on is perfectly normal and no reason to assume she's a spy. That doesn't sound like it had been your fault, the griffons simply do with us what they want, Sil immediately answered with a despising snort. There wasn't anything she could do against it, but after swallowing at least part of her anger, she had a quite obvious idea, something that had helped her for years and that might help Forte.
I don't know if it works for you, but I might have a way to improve your sight. Please concentrate on it for a moment, she said to Forte, then turned to the Gypsy, who certainly wouldn't get anything of what Sil was about to do. Sorry, Gypsy, this won't take long, only a small test.
Her horn glowed, and so did the necklace under her scarf. Pure magical energy began flowing through everything near her, and everything not so near. Her sight range increased drastically and she hadn't to focus as much anymore to get the details of objects, but she wouldn't be able to keep it up for long, and she had no clue if it would have use for Forte, too different were their abilities to tell if higher energy levels changed anything in Forte's vision. Any better?
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypsy Resonance Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:17 pm

Gypsy nodded in response to what Forte had said about it, definitely an awful way to lose one's sight, perhaps gave some reason as to why she was so flat in her speech, or at least that's what Gypsy though. When Silvern noted that she wanted to try something Gypsy would take a step back, her chimes tinkling lightly from the shift in position before she'd go quiet, waiting to find out what was going on. Trying to listen as closely as possible as if she might catch on to something... she really didn't know what she'd expect to find though.
Gypsy Resonance
Gypsy Resonance

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:29 pm

Forte fell silent as she focused on her own sight spell, moving her sights around her to see if anything had changed. It hadn't. "Sorry Sil, I do not notice a change in anything around myself. It was very kind of you to try and help me, however, and I appreciate it." She replied simply, turning her focus back to the two other ponies. "It is a shame your little experiment hasn't been met with success, but you will never learn the truth without some failures along the way."
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:46 pm

For example I just learned that your perception works independent from the amount of magic inside objects, Sil said sighingly, clearly disappointed with the result. I suppose that was to be expected since you're using your own magic. Well, I'll find a way some other time.
But before she came up with an alternative subject, she only changed the pony it was addressed to, her mood normalizing quickly thanks to the topic. About magic and everything related to it she could talk for hours and never get tired of it. And it didn't have the tendency to bring up bad memories. That actually goes to you as well, Gypsy. I'm no expert when it comes to sound waves, but whenever magic has a part, I usually can be of help. And be it only improving energy efficiency. But as I said, it can be talked about another time.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypsy Resonance Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:01 pm

Gypsy nodded to Silvern, "I'll have to let you take a look at my own talents then sometime, Silvern. Mother was an earth pony so she could only blunder her way through figuring out what I was doing as much as I could." she laughed softly and dipped her head some, "Any improvement would be of course welcome though. Are you talented in using or making magics as much as seeing them?" she asked curiously, "If you don't mind my asking of course." Keeping the subject where it was since it seemed to flow most casually there, rather than each of their various histories which seemed to be littered with mins here and there.
Gypsy Resonance
Gypsy Resonance

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Sun Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:22 pm

"Gypsy's magic would most likely be much more interesting to probe than my own, it seems much more complex when taken at face value." Forte replied simply, seeming to be rather interested in the magic technique herself, even if it was hard to notice. "However, I do find your talents to be extremely fascinating, Sil. The magic of magic as it were."
Forte Sun
Forte Sun
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:40 pm

(( Sorry for the delay, university is keeping me busy ))

Sil considered the questions for a moment, her abilities were something she usually didn't talk about that easily. But now she had already told those ponies quite much, and was already offering her services. And she somehow trusted them anyway.
Magic of magic describes it quite well, she said noddingly. The usual categorizations don't mean much to me, I work on a more basic level where there's only one kind of magic. It certainly gives me many advantages, but unfortunately I lack the power to create powerful spells myself. My real strength lies in spell modification.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down