MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sewing the seeds... (Dated)

+3
Grayscale
Double Edge
Steel Strike
7 posters

Go down

Sewing the seeds... (Dated) Empty Sewing the seeds... (Dated)

Post by Steel Strike Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Year 4
November 12
10:00 Pm

Steel sat amount a neat stack of papers. On them were the names of about 100 rebels. 100 ponies for Dubs and him to shape, and mold. 100 ponies who were tired of things, and wanted to change them. 100 lives that could die tomorrow. Needless to say Steel was a bit stressed thinking about it. He put his hooves on his head. Where in the hay seeds is Double? He thought, having not seem him in a while. There were a number of ponies in the waiting area that had joined. It was obvious they had questions, and he wanted Double to be there to help answer them.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel
Profession: Smith

Back to top Go down

Sewing the seeds... (Dated) Empty Re: Sewing the seeds... (Dated)

Post by Double Edge Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:34 pm

Double hobbled through the streets of Undermarket. It was getting rather late, as such the types of ponies found outside had begun to shift. His eyes scanning the streets, he noticed some questionables entering into an alleyway, while some were closing their windows and doors, dowsing the flames that kept their houses lit. Looking at the sling that now cradled his sore leg and smell of the tunnels slowly going away, the pony swore under his breath, that pony, Shady, he felt that she was going to be a real nuisance rather than anything else. Even if he had gotten into deals to keep himself, and the rebellion, safe.

Getting back to the impromptu HQ, the unicorn focused on the door, wrapping it in his aura before swinging it open, and stepping inside. He wasn't really looking forward to explaining his absence to Steel, but it would have to happen at some point.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:39 pm

Steel watched as Double entered the main area. "What in the Hayseeds happened to you?" He asked noticing the sling. He then held up a hoof. "You know, nevermind. We got 100 ponies who signed up, and several who want to hold a meeting. Are you up for it?" He asked eyeing the sling.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:49 pm

Double grinned as Steel decided to just let the whole issue go, that was a rather nice surprise. As well as the numbers, true a hundred wasn't a lot, but it was much more than he had been running with. Not only that this was just the first day, and to be honest, the name and cause hadn't really spread out just yet. What more, Shady was gone. This meant that now would be the perfect time for a meeting, and to keep that info safe. "Yeah, Steel, I think a meeting would be great to have right about now. Who all we talking too?"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:04 pm

"Seems like some of the rebels wanna talk to the leaders.." he looked to Dubs "Me and you that is. Most likely answering questions and such. However, couldn't start it without you." He looked into the lobby. The ponies sat and waited, hoping to get started soon. "The owner of this place said he had a room we could use for such a meeting...But its pretty small." He said with a chuckle. He showed Dubs to the room, a small, almost bedroom like room. It could hardly fit a dozen ponies. "Should I gather up those ponies and put em in here?" He said, looking at the room.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:18 pm

Double followed the fellow rebel to the bedroom, it wasn't...bad, but it certainly wasn't large enough to house them comfortably. "Steel we're gonna have to make do with what we have for now, if this is the largest room our gracious host will provide? Then yeah I think we should just be thankful, suck it up, and yeah invite them in." The charcoal unicorn looked over the room again, he was expecting this sort of place would be their 'homebase' for a while before everything was set and a real HQ could be made. "So what kind of questions by the way?" Edge called back as he took a place in the back.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:25 pm

Steel yelled back "Like how in the hay we're gonna make this work!" He said with a chuckle. He went out into the main room, and gathered all the ponies and other creatures. He brought them to the room, and allowed everyone to settle in. He took a look at the congregated misfits, and had he been told they were fighting a rebellion, he might have laughed off. However, they were rebels now, and he had to take this seriously. "Alright. You all have questions, I assume. Who'd like to go first..." Said Steel, looking at the small group.

((Questions come, first served. If someone gets a question in before you wait your turn. This is also a discussion thread ICly so bring to the table anything you'd like to discuss.))
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:48 pm

After Jack and Silvern Gleam arrived again at the "HQ" they had to wait. He doesn't know how long it was. Jack kinda lost his feeling for time down here without the sun, but it couldn't have been that long, because it was just enough time for some small talk.
Jack follows Steel Strike into the room and takes a seat on the ground.
"Alright. You all have questions, I assume. Who'd like to go first..."
Jack first looks around the room and as it seems nopony dares to ask a question he just asks right away. "What are your plans for the rebellion? I mean, we need supplies and a good organization, if we want to fight back the griffons."
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Profession: Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Double decided to take the lead on this one, he had been working on an idea for this. "the plan for now is to hit smaller caravans with small attack forces. This will get us some of our supplies, be it primarily weapons and armor. Though most of those will probably be griffon sized, its still material for our smith to then make for us. As for food, a few months ago me and a few individuals found and raided a local griffon stockhold of food and other materials. Aside from that, I'm hoping to look at local farming work camps, try and make deals with the ponies and ultimately gain their support. For organization we're admittedly still in the works on that. If you have any ideas that would be great. Thus far we hope it to be a council that runs it and makes the decisions from there, messengers contact the officials who would be needed. Right now though our group is still small, so the council will be likewise. I hope that answered your question? Steel do you have any input you'd like to add?"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:10 pm

Steel nodded. "Long term, is win the support of the people. Without them this rebellion fails. It's of the utmost importance we do not resort to terrorism. The minute we do, we've already lost." He said, talking to Gray. He seemed familiar. He'd probably repaired a tool or two for him. Steel began searching the group for the next question.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Sil had been in thought most of the time while waiting, this situation certainly deserved to be thought about. When the they were finally called to a meeting, she sat down next to Jack and watched out for anypony she knew entering the room. Soon enough everypony was inside and the meeting began. The first question asked certainly was the most important one, and she liked the answer.
Sounds good so far, she said with a nod. Those were the general plans, but now Sil was interested in the more specific ones, especially one topic had caught her interest. The raids are dangerous, especially while we're not well equipped yet, and too many failures at the beginning would stop the rebellion quickly, not to mention that it would cost too many ponies' lives. Do you already have a plan for that or is it to be discussed yet?
The transports were had her attention for some time now, since she knew of Ida Fjölnir, a griffon who studied magical artifacts and Sil had some problems with. She would need a more private talk with those to rebellion leaders about that, but said griffon also brought something good: Magical Artifacts in some of the transports. Of course Sil wanted to make sure the rebellion - and thus Sil - would get them.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Artifact Merchant

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:57 pm

"Like Dubs said we're still working on organization. Every raid is going to be different, naturally. However, taking supplies we need will be essential. And killing as many griffons as possible will be secondary. Many in a raiding party might have to stay below ground while warrants are handed out above ground. But yes, a lot of the details are still to be worked out." He said, and began waiting for another question.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:30 am

Then I'd like to be involved in the planning of those raids, I'll definitely be able to give you some help, Sil replied, but didn't go deeper into it, she wouldn't have wanted to tell everypony here what she was dealing with. It was one thing to give those two leaders some trust, but there was no way of telling which type of ponies had been attracted by the speech, Sil had already met ponies who were a little too friendly towards the griffons. She simply continued with the next question, details could be discussed later in a hopefully a bit more selected circle.
I have another question, one I might should have asked first: Who are you? So far I don't even know your names apart from "Steel" and "Dubs", that probably goes for most of us. If I were to take a wild guess I'd say that you're responsible for the recent commotions.

Last edited by Silvern Gleam on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 pm

Steel looked at the mare. She had asked a seemingly simple question. However it didn't feel simple. Who was he? How did he get here? He supposed a more in depth answer for himself might do, and allow Dubs to speak on his own behalf.

"I am Steel Strike, Smith. I, like you, have stood under the oppressive reign of the of the griffons for the last four years. I fought in the War, and was at the final battle. I watched as Celestia dismissed me from my post. I ran far from Canterlot. And for the last four years, there was nothing worth fighting for me." Steel chuckled. "Needless to say, that changed recently, as I gained a marefriend. Something to fight for. And once I escaped a dubious situation, I found her, lying in the street. She had just had glass shoved into her mouth, punched quite a few times in the face. She was then thrown from a second story window, tied to a chair, one of the legs impaling her stomach." He paused for a moment.

"So you asked me, who I am. Who am I? I'm royally pissed of all the shit I and everyone in the Damned city. I'm going to do something about it. I cannot go it alone. I will need as much help as possible, otherwise, Dubs and I's rebellion will fail." He sat down, having no clue where this inspirational speech nonsense was coming from, but he knew it was necessary. "I'll leave Dubs on his own stance, as to who he is." And backed away, and sat down, feeling good about himself.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Looking to Steel, the unicorn hobbled forward, not really knowing what to say. Nor did he really feel like talking about himself in front of a crowd, especially since they were new to him. Answering questions was one thing, but "I'm..I'm Double Edge. I'm here because I made a promise to someone. Sorry...thats about it." Stepping back, Double gestured for Steel to take the stand again. He hoped he didn't just do something wrong...
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Steel nodded. "Alright, next question." he said scanning the crowd.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:43 pm

Jack raises his hoof. "You can count on me, if it comes to a raid, but how are you gonna contact other ponies? I mean not everypony lives down here. Like me. I live in the outskirts of Manehattan. Will there be a kind of rebellion blackboard, where you announce things like raids and we can check them?"
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:13 am

Double decided to step forward for this, "As far as things are considered on the surface we will not have any form of billboard or anything such as that. Also because we don't have a real Headquarters yet, there isn't a real form of announcement to our activities. Instead I will be finding those who are either agile or know their way around, myself included and act as runners contacting those outside of Undermarket as well as those inside, until we finally get situated."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypsy Resonance Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:12 am

Gypsy stepped up from the smallish group of ponies with that song of her chimes and the jingling of her various charms as she lifted her voice up, looking in the direction of where Steel and Double were standing with those milky blue eyes of hers, "Is there any kind of financial backing behind the rebellion at the moment?" she asked, "If we have anything to spare I'm sure there are plenty of homeless ponies struggling to get by that would be willing to pass and listen for information for a relatively small investment. Might be a bit easier to hide than designated runners, safer as well as long as we're careful with what information we give out, if any."
Gypsy Resonance
Gypsy Resonance

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Steel looked to the blind mare. "As of now, this Rebellion has no official financial backing from any one group or person. It'll be me and Dubs bits, and whatever it's members contribute. Paying off ponies that need the money sounds like a great idea. However, we should focus on supplying the rebels, first and foremost. Maybe we can establish a spy system, but right now, it'd be nice to ask all ponies to keep their eyes and ears on anything useful we can use." He said, making sure to get his point across. They needed resources and supplies, that was for sure. Spies would need to be dealt later, when things had settled.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Scintillance made his way into the room, with a renewed goal of of returning to the rebels. he struggled to reach the front of the crowed without pushing or nudging, avoiding having to cause a commotion in any way. when he was finally visible at the front, "Hey, I got a question for ya; do you accept late admissions?" Lance had walked away from the initial registration line, but he's back, and with a foalish grin that could be arguably either of pride, glee, or over-confidence. most likely over-confidence.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet
Alignment: Does not like Griffins
Profession: Conjurer/Poet/Assistant at tje Magic Eye store

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:25 am

Double couldn't help but grin at the unicorn's question, walking forward. "Of course we accept late submissions. Talking to us well myself at least is never off limits. Any time of the day I will be free to answer any questions or take any requests or comments. " Grabbing the sheet that Steel had taken the other submissions on, Double limped over to Lance, "Here, just give your name occupation, where we can typically reach you, and anything else you think would be important for us to know."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:38 am

Suddenly a pony Sil recognized spoke up, apparently she had missed the other blind unicorn entering the room. Hello Gypsy! Sil here, if you haven't recognized my voice yet, Sil said, pleasantly surprised by the unexpected encounter. But now wasn't the time for private conversation, and just now something important had come up, one of the reasons why Sil had wanted to speak with the rebellion leaders.
While we're already at it, contact information is not what you have asked for earlier. So far it would be a matter of luck if a runner could find me, and admittedly it would be a little complicated to only describe the way to my home. Not everypony lives as hidden as I, but most of us will have to show up here again, please don't forget to ask them then.
Not that it's a really bad thing, Sil quickly added, not wanting to sound all criticizing. Those who really want to help will come back, and the rest... well, whatever they thought when they joined up, apparently they hadn't been sure about their decision in the first place. And as much as numbers may be tempting, for the start I prefer those who don't falter that easily.
How many do we have anyway?
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:05 pm

Lance regarded silvern almost rudely, and yet jokingly. "That's a good question, madame custard." he overheard her question, and hoped to forward it to the front in his own curiosity. However, he lacked the knowledge of her name. rather, and didn't seem to know anypony in the room; not the ones he could immediately see, at least.

Lance handed the list back to double after writing his simple, and yet complicated few details, <-Scintillance. Luminous Conjurer.-> "You can put me on the front lines, or you can have me go beyond them, I'm quite flexible."
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet
Alignment: Does not like Griffins
Profession: Conjurer/Poet/Assistant at tje Magic Eye store

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Steel nodded to Silvern. "We number about 100 right now. A good enough number, for one speech." he said, allowing the next pony to ask his or her question.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayscale Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:59 pm

Jack raises his hoof again "Okay I have another question. Are there plans for basic combat training? Because I doubt that all of us here have completed a basic combat training. So, to decrease the losses in raids or other encounters I would recommend to train the rebels efficiently."
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gypsy Resonance Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:01 am

Gypsy twitched, causing a tinkle from her chimes as she did so upon hearing her name called by a familiar voice that she hadn't noticed either, after all it could be difficult to really distinguish ponies with her method of sight. "Oh, hello Silvern! Decide to sign up for the chopping block willingly too?" she teased playfully.

Her question had been answered though, she didn't expect much different but she wanted to present the idea in case it hadn't already been thought of though. for the moment Gypsy would just listen to the others so she'd have a better idea of what was going on.
Gypsy Resonance
Gypsy Resonance

Back to top Go down

Sewing the seeds... (Dated) Empty Re: Sewing the Seeds

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:55 am

Onyx walks into the building he heard there would be questions in. 'Onyx wonder what Onyx want to ask. Maybe, what Onyx do first? Onyx need job, otherwise...' Onyx grabs his head, almost feeling a migraine.

Onyx moves back into the building, and moves towards the voices. 'Why again is Onyx always late for important things?'

Onyx hears a couple questions, and waiting for a moment of his own, asks, "What does Onyx do now? Onyx only work for Rebels, because Onyx not know Pony City, or have Pony work. Onyx not good at Pony work."
Onyx
Onyx
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Turning to the unicorn as well as the Diamond dog, Double Edge decided to address this issue. "Well training wise. I am good with a blade, and I can teach those that need training, in swordsponyship, I would also like to find someone that is skilled with magic to educate unicorns in combative magic." Looking over to the Diamond Dog, Double shifted his attention, "Onyx, I have a special task for you, one that I think you'd enjoy. Right now Undermarket is the home to many and is a secret, but if that is to ever change and griffons decide to attack us. I am wanting there to be tunnels for the public to escape through out to the outskirts of the town. We don't want to unnecessarily draw the innocent into this fight if we don't have to. Can you do that?"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Sewing the seeds... (Dated) Empty Re: Sewing the Seeds

Post by Onyx Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:15 pm

Onyx fiddles with his claws, "Onyx can do it. Onyx might need help. Onyx know to dig tunnels, but where? Onyx always ready to help cause of restoring Old Way. If Pony need tunnels, Onyx shall dig. But, Onyx need direction."

Onyx looks around the room, seeing some somewhat familiar faces. Onyx mutters, "Onyx have plans of his own. Maybe Pony can help achieve goal once other things are done?"
Onyx
Onyx
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:55 pm

Double grinned, hearing Onyx's answer, the more he could keep the citizens safe, the better. First though he'd need to map out the general direction that the diamond dog would need to dig to, so that these escape routes could lead those down here to general safety, and not into waiting griffon claws. "Onyx, I can almost certainly say that those of us here would gladly help you with your own plans. After all we're all in this together now. We have to watch each others backs, as well as think of our fellow rebels needs. All you have to do is ask."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Madame Custard? Silvern Gleam didn't understand at first, and threw a confused - though blind - look at the unicorn who had called her that. What do I have to do with... ah, the color. Having found the connection, she decided to not further care about it and listen to the questions - and answers - instead. When magical training came up, she immediately saw her part in it.
I suppose I could teach magic, but I'd need help, preferably by somepony who has actual experience with magic combat. I know how to construct efficient spells, but how to deploy them best in a fight, that should be taught by somepony else.
The tunnels brought up another topic in her mind, something Jack had said. That she would be a great scout in the underground. Combined with a diamond dog capable of digging tunnels everywhere they had to go that could indeed be a great advantage... but being involved or even only near the action was a discomforting thought, and so Sil kept silent about it for now.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Sewing the seeds... (Dated) Empty Re: Sewing the Seeds...

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:15 pm

"Pony does not need to worry about Onyx. Onyx's plan have to do with Clan, and can only be done by Clan."

Onyx begins fidgeting in his place, "So... When will Pony be able to give Onyx support for tunnels. Onyx not sure if tunnels safe. Onyx will help clear them out. Ummm, Onyx will... wait somewhere for Pony to give plan."

With that, Onyx walks away, and out the door, deciding to hang around in case the rebel leaders came up with anything and wanted to speak to Onyx about it.
Onyx
Onyx
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down