MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Art Never Dies {Open, ask though ^^}

3 posters

Go down

Art Never Dies {Open, ask though ^^} Empty Art Never Dies {Open, ask though ^^}

Post by Lance Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:44 am

Year 4
November 14

where three streets in the undermarket meet, a small, circular plaza exists. a mini-market, as some would call it, though mostly consisting of food, and yet, not the best of qualities.
in the center of the plaza, a small clearing exists with a few rocks around, making makeshift seats for ponies, though quite frankly, nopony ever sits on them. not with the hustling and bustling of the undermarket. Not normally, at least...

Scintillance made his way down one street, towards the plaza. he was trekking home-or at least, he would prefer to call it his home, though the ponies he shares it with refer to it as their "hideout." He'd gotten used to the stank of the underground society, though having spent only two days in the undermarket, But his eyes have long missed the light of day, even if there was enough light to see, it didn't feel bright enough to him... but his ears had found a new sound. or rather, found an old one, one which he hadn't heard in a long time... one of strings being strung with expert skill...

Last edited by Scintillance on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet
Alignment: Does not like Griffins
Profession: Conjurer/Poet/Assistant at tje Magic Eye store

Back to top Go down

Art Never Dies {Open, ask though ^^} Empty Re: Art Never Dies {Open, ask though ^^}

Post by String Chord Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:03 am

String is sitting on the ground, against a wall, playing a tune, that's, even tho soft, it's audiable, it echoes through the undermarket, he has a small metal pot on the ground next to him with only a few bits in them.

He sighs, looking around for his love, Mercy.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment: Revolution
Profession: Bard

Back to top Go down

Art Never Dies {Open, ask though ^^} Empty Re: Art Never Dies {Open, ask though ^^}

Post by Lance Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:13 pm

Following his ears, Lance reached the plaza, and turned his attention to the Stallion with an olive coat on his right. He was surprised to find that there'd still be anypony with an interest in music, these days.
Trotting closer, Lance could've sworn he knew the pony from... somewhere. Seeing the metal pot, Lance smiled as he levitated a few bits in place, and sat beside the pony.
"You're... pretty good."
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:22 pm

String turns his head towards the newcomer, he smiles and nods "Thank you." he chuckles, his smile soon fading as he continues looking for Mercy.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:07 pm

Lance easily noticed the smile fade. Was something wrong? or... was this stallion somehow... shy?

"Is something wrong, or are you just shy, good sir?"
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:12 pm

Sighs, he then looks down, not stopping "One great poet of my time once said, that the poems and songs mustn't come from the heart. The heart ruins them. Makes them too sweet, too sad."

He looks back up, then at Sci "But... not long ago, I grew weak... I let my heart take over my body. I fell in love."

He tears up, quickly looking away " She's the most beautiful and nicest mare I have ever met... She's a heart healer. She ran a clinic here, in town. but the griffons came to her clinic. I tried stopping th--"

He swallows sadly "They took her away..." his strumming becomes softer and cleaner "I tried stopping them, but that was the last time I saw her..."
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:53 am

"Oh... I'm so sorry..."
Lance tried to process String's quote; for a poem, or a piece of art, to not come from the heart? but Lance reminded himself that part of the beauty in art that it isn't so repeatable; unique. If that uniqueness came from an entirely different perspective on poetry, then Lance would not question the logic, and rather, embrace the thought, and what beauty it holds...
...his mind brushed over to the mare he spoke of. Scintillance knew what losing a mare could do to the heart... and yet, the notion has caused such amazing poetry in the past...
no, no... now's not the time to twist a heart into art...
"...what was her name, if you don't mind me asking? maybe I'll come across her in my... ventures?" a thought struck him. "actually, I don't even know your name! mine's Lance. well, Scintillance.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:29 am

Hjalti sits down near to String, sighing. He decides not to interfere with the conversation and begins tuning his lyre.
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:32 am

String looks at Sci "String, String Chord.." He releases a soft sigh "THe mare's name is--" he then notices Hjalti, and smiles "Hey Hjalti, How're you today?"
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:35 am

Hjalti smiles; "Good, thanks~" He puts his lyre on his lap; "Don't let me interrupt."
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:55 pm

Lance the recognised second stallion as well... he quickly recalled meeting them, though shortly, while on his way to the undermarket... but more importantly, they both possessed a care for music-an art. he thought art was abandoned by ponies, when the war came about. These ponies proved him wrong.
"I...I can't believe there are still musicians around, what with the war going on..."
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:59 pm

String smiles and looks at Lance "Why abandon music, when it brings good?"

he chuckles, brushing his tears off "Also reminds me of her..."
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:28 pm

Hjalti gives Lance a grim look; "A skald prefers to tell a tale of war, rather than one of love..." He chuckles; "Makes the mead hall a bit more lively."
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:07 pm

"I suppose you're right... doesn't matter what genre it's about... art never dies... huh, that's actually quite brilliant."
Lance pulls a sticking not from his duster-pocket, and writes onto it those very three words, "Art never dies. I need to remember that, never know what inspiration might come from it..."
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:10 pm

String chuckles and nods, he then remembers what Lance asked him "Oh... and the mare's name is Mercy. Mercy Heart."he smiles after uttering those words, they alone reminding him of his current goal.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hjalti Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Hjalti smiles at Lance; "Ponies do die, however..." He plucks a string on his lyre; "But the songs of one's deeds shall be heard in the halls of the slain until the end of time."
Hjalti
Hjalti
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:53 pm

"Mercy...Heart..."
Lance finishes writing the name down on the same note. He found it quote a beautiful concept to write about... "The pony lost, but the love for her is not, For as long as he lives, though he knows she was caught, his love persists, and her fate's yet for not... I'm sorry, did I say that out loud?"

Lance had just realized he voiced his thoughts, while writing his latest poem in progress on the note.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by String Chord Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:03 pm

String nods "Yes... But do carry on.", he mentally agreed with Hjalti, and what he just said, death.. Death knows no boundries, for it's a limit itself.
String Chord
String Chord
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down