MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new arrival {open}

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A new arrival {open} Empty A new arrival {open}

Post by Polar Chrome Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:00 pm

=Year 4=
=December 7th=

Polar watched the outskirts of Manehatten roll by, behind the trains coupé's window. He sat silently, keeping to himself, ignoring the other occupants, riding with him on the train from Canterlot. As he looked outside, Polar hoped...

He wasn't sure what to hope for. He was moving to Manehatten on a whim, hoping to find a safer hiding place for the Indubium alloy. Well... none of the documents said Indubium, but hey. He was the only one alive who knew about it. He could name it as he wished.

But what to do with it... that he didn't knew. He could simply hand it to griffins, ask to be appointed head of development team and probably get what he wanted. Easy life of a collaborator, thinking less about battle lines and more about global development. Or he could keep it, in hope that the Princesses will rise again... his head hurt. Polar banished the thought. He had more important things to bother himself with. Finding a place to stay. Finding a job. Then, maybe start thinking about what to do with the knowledge he had on him.

His though were interrupted by a wince coming from the train. Polar looked out, seeing a large hall, with arched support and glass tile roof. Or at least had at one point in time, most of the roof missing, being bombed out. Along the platform where his train stopped were three additional ones, telling that this place was projected to handle quite busy traffic. Not anymore. His train was the only one that arrived, and from a short look at the timetable, it would take few hours before the railways station would see another one.

Polar Chrome got off the train. He looked around the ruined station, sighed, and moved to the train ticket office. The place was rather dead, the clerk selling train tickets finding himself with rather little business to attend to. Polar started a conversation, quickly learning that he could find a room to rent in the Western Residential District, if he could pay for it. Polar could.

The pony left the railway station, stopping in front of it. He looked around the ruined skyscrapers and the Griffin HQ, standing in the middle of the devastation, victorious and proud. He... he decided to stop for a moment, and think about his next actions.
Polar Chrome
Polar Chrome

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Metallurgist

Back to top Go down

A new arrival {open} Empty Re: A new arrival {open}

Post by Lance Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:48 am

OOC: Scintillance looks like this:
(click the spoiler)
Spoiler:

Lances eyes slowly pry open and... OH MY SWEET FLANKING CELESTIA THAT STINGS. immediately forces then shut. whatever's out there, it stinks. like, real bad. his legs were numb and asleep, he felt like he needed to hurl, and... was he... upside down? definitely in some kind of fetal position. covered in... well, probably burried in numerous objects, some solid, some felt like cardboard, and... That BETTER be a banana. because I don't even want to know what that is. what in the hay...

He tried to move a little; no go. opening those eyes again and resisting the burn, he could see that... it was dark, so that didn't quite help. WHERE THE FLANK AM I!? his thoughts stirred as his head delved into a stinging sensation.

---

Outside, in a trashcan next to Polar Chrome, a closed and rather large trash-can started shaking about before tipping over and spilling out... trash. "GAH!" well, trash and a rather tumbly-bedraggled-stanky Scintillance. the brown unicorn was kinda plastered on the ground before Chrome for a few moments before he slowly got onto his hooves. emphasis on slowly, and dusted himself off while saying, "Jeez, wow, last time I'm ever getting drunk. ever. I don't see anything handy about waking up in... oh sweet Celestia is that a trashcan? tell me I'm dreaming..." a short shivering jolt was felt through his spine as he stared blankly before him (which is to say, not facing Chrome); a bit of a wake-up tradition he's gotten used to.

"...Nope." Lance's weight suddenly gave way and he fell to his side without any apparent effort or reason to stop himself, and then getting back up again, finally noticing the light gray unicorn that had to witness his whole awkward performance. "OH! ...um... right... sorry you had to see that, I'm, uh... oh yeah, I'm Scintillance..." Scint's voice got got rather high after a short pause "aaaaawkward."
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet
Alignment: Does not like Griffins
Profession: Conjurer/Poet/Assistant at tje Magic Eye store

Back to top Go down

Post by Polar Chrome Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:40 pm

Polar took a step away from the trashcan suddenly coming alive. He pulled the luggage he had with him, held in his telekinetic grasp, closer to his body. The unicorn calmed down a bit, seeing the trashcan produce another unicorn. As the other pony held his monologue, Polar Chrome pulled up the collar on his heavy brown coat, and straightened the dark green jacket he worn under it. He also adjusted his glasses.

"Polar Chrome," Polar answered crisply, slightly raising a brow. He wasn't sure what to make out of this pony... though a local would know the place, maybe tell him where to go. "A pleasure to make the acquaintance," he followed, though his tone clearly told that it was not. He felt himself rather above a pony that just rolled out of trashcan, and was muttering about his drinking habits. Then again...

"Listen, my good man. I was told that I can find housing in Western Residential District. Would you mind showing me the way there, for say, one bit?" Polar suddenly regretted asking this. For all he knew, this one here was... oh well. he could handle himself well enough to live through the whole war in Canterlot.
Polar Chrome
Polar Chrome

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:27 pm

Chromes' words got rather mulled over in Scint's mind. 'pleasure to make the acquaintance?' yeah this guy's DEFINATELY from Canterlot. Lance tilted his head, and offered an awkward smile A new arrival {open} 4018571866  <-- a bit like that one. "please don't make me use my fancy Canterlot accent, it's rather impressive in terms of poetry but I'm afraid I am not currently writing a poem-oh for the love of- there I go again! Scint chuckled a bit before continuing.

"as for 'one bit...' one bit? seriously? What, do you take me for one o' those beggars? yeesh, how bad DO I look. anyway, getting a home in West means you'll have to find an unoccupied building and situate yourself there. considering most o those buildings are occupied, I think you're more likely to have to share it. cost of being the stereotyped 'clean spot' of manehattan. everything's generally in rui-HEY! you can have my ol' hideout! I kept the top floor comparably clean before I moved out, and if your cutie mark tells me anything, a home right by where  you'd likely find your work would come in handy! it's like his eyes sparkled on that note. does this guy have an off-switch? he needs one. and... his face... is just a little too close to Chrome's face... you can probably smell the peanut butter. and yogurt. and other indescribable scents gained from spending the night in a trash can.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Polar Chrome Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:19 pm

Polar decided to not break the hyperactive monologue, letting the pony finish first. As he listened, he started to get suspicious. The whole thing was bit too convenient to not be a set up. Yet still... he needed to find out whom was this one working for, and whether he wanted to distance himself. As the pony slowly approached him, Polar started to smell... a trashcan. When his cutiemark got mentioned, Polar pulled the coat tighter around his flank. He hoped to stay not suspicious at least for a while longer.

His first sentence was aimed at taking over the initiative in the conversation again. "For the record, you showed up from a trashcan, so my assumption was more than logical. As for the accent, for all I care, you can speak in the Royal Canterlot Voice and I would care less. And yes, I was looking to rent a decent room. Something a law abiding citizen would do, so do tell me, why should I be interested in your hideout than looking for someone who has one room more than he uses? And what job am I supposedly be looking for?" Polar asked at the end, slightly pulling his head away from... well, as it turned out, it wasn't his breath, but his whole body reeking of refuse.
Polar Chrome
Polar Chrome

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:00 pm

CRASH!  Quantum awoke with a start on the bench in the station.  Apparently he had fallen asleep; he had only intended to rest for a moment. Glancing around he found that his bags were still there and searched for the source of the noise.  This soon proved to be a brown unicorn covered in trash next to an upended trash can.  Quantum noticed that he was talking to another unicorn and trotted over to find out what had happened.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Scint noticed the unicorn's... more than "slight" irritation. this was something Lance was used to, and actually was trying to stop causing; a lot of ponies managed to get mad with him, and often he knew the reason. this time, not too much, so he just tried to be a bit more careful with his words.

"well the trashcan's a one time thing, I already said that would be the last time I ever got drunk, and let me emphasize that it's my first. And job-wise, I saw a silver ingot on your flank, I figured you'd be one for industry work, maybe even smithing. ...Polar Chrome... Chrome ingot, I'm sorry. and..." Scintillance took a quick look around, realizing that he'd have caused a scene, luring yet another unicorn to trot over closer. Scint lowered his voice, and seemed to slowly take on a more serious tone. "take a look around. this... 'Law' you're abiding to... left manehattan to look like this ruin of a city. and what made you leave Canterlot, I'm sure. if you're still hoping to try your luck in district west, I can still take you there, but like I said, getting crowded. oh, and the advantages of my hidedout, it's secluded, it's something griffons would stay away from at this point, and best of all, it's free.

Scint paused, in an expression that looked more serious and controversial to his general happy-go-lucky mood from before, and then sprung back to life, focusing on the trashscan he propped out of. giving a bit of a giggle, "Oh, can't leave this as it is now can I? It'll be the death of me if someone slips on a banana!" Scint's horn glowed yellow... brightly. very brightly, as if it was impossible for him to cast any magic without causing unnecessary amounts of light, as he levitated the traschan and it's spilled materials back into place. then he noticed the darker gray unicorn trotting close, and smiled, "came to check on the trash can monster, huh?"
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Polar Chrome Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Polar gave the unicorn a squinted look. "And why in the name of everything unholy I should trust myself into someone who..." The pony moved his face closer to Scintillance. He hissed though his closed teeth, only for Scint to hear. "Why should I trust a pony that speaks about uprising to a complete stranger, for fucks's sake? In front of a railway station? And just rolled out of a bin?!"

Polar Chrome lifted his head again, looking at the newly arrived unicorn. Polar gave him a courteous nod, acknowledging his presence. He looked at Scintillance again, before lightly scoffing and shaking his head, rolling his eyes. "Friend misstepped and toppled a trashcan."
Polar Chrome
Polar Chrome

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Quantum snorted.  "Hardly. I just wished to know who was so audacious as to disturb the slumber of a god." he retorted sarcastically. "Though, I doubt you tripped.  Unless you make a habit of tripping headfirst into such trashcans." He shivered at a gust of wind and adjusted his cloak before continuing.  "In any case, where are my manners.  My name is Quantum Flash and I suppose you could say that I am new around here.  Came looking for some work, but from the looks of it I doubt you'd be any help with that."

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:51 pm

In as quiet a whisper as he could manage, Scint gave a final hushed response '"because in the grim world these overgrown chickens made, a friendly smile is like a rare flower in the desert."
Quantum arrived and introduced himself, and Scint gave an exaggerated and humorous reply with a full bow, and winked at Polar Chrome before continuing, "My name is Scintillance DiCanterlot Charmer, a pleasure to make your acquaintance!" He snickered quite a bit, and it was obvious he was putting a lot of effort to avoid a full laugh after mocking the traditional Canterlot ways like that. "It was quite the trip, I shall not hide it! and... I'm pretty sure that's the second time I'm misjudged by my appearance. strike three and I will honestly be concerned for my current appearance. or does being judged by a "god" vito all decisions and put me in a position of dang-THE ACCENT! I... oh, feathers to it, I'm not even going to bother stopping it."
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Polar Chrome Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:10 pm

Polar shook his head. "No, I'm afraid I am in same position, arrived here in search of a better job in industry than Canterlot had to offer. I mean, over here is at least some industry left, and Canterlot, well... is Canterlot. Bit grim place nowadays. My name's Polar Chrome, and as to mister Scintillance here, a pleasure to make the acquaintance, mister Flash."

He turned to Scintillance as he started his mocking monologue, Polar's face showing how unamused he was by the performance. "Finished now?" Polar asked sardonically.
Polar Chrome
Polar Chrome

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:23 pm

Quantum blinked.  "Well," he addressed Polar, "I suppose we should probably stick together, for now at least.  We would probably be safer that way than on our own, not to mention that we could pool our resources."  He turned to Scintillance.  "And if you're his friend, you're probably here to help get him going, right?  Mind if you could lend a hoof to me as well? ...as long as it does not involve any dumpster diving that is."

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:15 pm

Polar might not have been amused, but Scint sure was. but he tried not to push his luck in case he drove Chrome too hard. Still, "Nope, not really ever finished." he wasn't sure wether or not to follow Chrome's lead to not look too suspicious or anything to Quantum. but then again, he really didn't have anything to  hide from the third unicorn, save his... rather open rebellious nature against the Griffons.

"Sticking together in times like these really would save many of us from more trouble than we can handle. Difacto I was just telling Chrome here about the boon of a friendly face. And before that, a place to stay. And... now you're looking for work... of course, he addressed Quantum. "and one that doesn't include dumpsters... can I just make it clear that I am not homeless? Or at least not exactly. just... that can was an accident. I don't know how it happened, but it did and it was an accident. Heck, why do you think I have a gold watch?" Scint scratched the back of his head with his eyes closed, and giggled a bit before he realized... he had a gold watch. he widened his eyes, and brought the watch-bearing hoof forward as he stared at it for a few moments. "I-I... don't have a gold watch... a-and my rings... my rings! he shifted his two front hooves to look at his left one, and then did a funky posed, kicking out a back leg and turned his head to look at it. no rings... anywhere...

(OOC: yeaaaaaah he doesn't have his rings on him. pretend they weren't there in the first place,  righty? because they kinda weren't xD sorry Quanty, he DOES have the watch, but no rings. like, he's surprised, because he's NOT supposed to have one A new arrival {open} 99944359)

Regaining his stature, Scint turned back to the other unicorns. though it was more than obvious in his stammering, that he was in distress. "u-um... yeah... back to your problems... housing first, I guess... um... manehattan's got about three choices in terms of living. Easter Residential, Western Residential... and then anything else you can manage.

The eastern residential district used  to hold all the hotels and apartments. frankly, most of it's torn down by the war, but I'm sure you can still find a room or few that aren't taken... if you're persisent. and be willing to lower your standards, I doubt there'll be anything in mint condition. Manehattan's a bit of a "grab what you can" lifestyle. finders keepers, losers  keepers, and all the nursery rhymes that go with it.

The Western Residential District is a bit more like the homes you're used to, considering the Canterlot origins. but it's further out of the city, so you'll be a bit distant from where everything's at. if you're willing to make that sacraphise for slightly more "private" houses, go right ahead. but if that's the case, it's still mostly war-torn housing.

option three... well, there's abandoned buildings all over Manehattan. I only just suggested my old hideout as well; it's in the industrial district, pretty well sized, and after a certain fiasco of mine, there's a slightly better griffon patrol to keep the peace around there, if you're so keen on being protected by the law. they won't cause you any trouble as long as you follow the curfew.

Scint ended his rather bland monologue there. he certainly wasn't the same stallion as he was before realizing his rings were missing... but he tried to maintain his smile. emphasis on tried. there was some sweat breaking out of him.

Last edited by Scintillance on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Polar Chrome Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Polar just let the pony speak. He seemed to like the sound of his voice, and it felt impertinent to interrupt him. Polar still held the expression of not being amused, though.

"I see," the unicorn started. "Well, Western Disctrict would be an interest to me, then. As for your hideout... why should we even be interested in a place where someone the griffins are looking for lived? Don't you think it might not be the best place to stay, in general?" Polar Chrome asked.
Polar Chrome
Polar Chrome

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:15 pm

Quantum nodded.  "I think that you meant that the griffons don't really know who caused it and just patrol the region better than most, right?  It's a fair point though.  I'm not liking the idea of being under heavier scrutiny than necessary."

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:44 pm

Scint nodded to the two unicorns. they certainly pressed a good point on the extra guards, but he had to make it clear, "As much as I hate to admit it, I'd actually prefer more guards around where I live. unfortunately, Manehattan's really turned into a scary place as well. I can honestly say that I've seen a night-skirmish right outside my window, once, and while staying in a different building, it was in the early morning when an armed pony shattered the window in hopes of finding abandoned treasure, and was quite willing to fight for it. funny enough that pony is now one of my most trusted friends, but you have to realize, not everypony would be your friend, and things could have turned out quite differently. I don't like it, but admittedly, those griffbutts are the closest thing we have to maintaining order here. and if it wasn't blatantly their fault to begin with... I... I think I might have joined their ranks..." this was the first time Scint considered this. he had a surprised look on his face for what words just escaped his mouth. what if... what if I DID join the griffons... he shook his head to brush away the thought. again, matter at hoof. "what's wrong with me today... OH! one thing I forgot to mention about the hideout... actually, one very important thing I should have mentioned about Manehattan." ,Scint took a quick look around to make sure no griffon was listening, and then motioned for the other two unicorns to come closer. once they would, he hesitated for a moment, and furrowed his brow. He then whispered, "this is a lock-dead secret that must be kept from the griffons at all times... I can't even mention it without both of you swearing never to reveal it... I can never be sure about where your alignments stand, nor do I know of where your fates lead you in the days to come, so all I can ask before I proceed, is for your words of honor, to keep Manehattan's secret...
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Polar Chrome Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:37 pm

Polar had to agree with Scintillance. More griffins were more security, and things in Canterlot managed to get ugly sometimes too. Perhaps a neighbourhood with heightened guard detail was not such a bad idea after all...

The next sentence made Polar raise his eyebrow at the pony. "Mister Scintillace... I have to ask. If the first thing I am asked, after I depart the train, is to keep a secret, just as I left the train station, and you have known me for all of ten minutes... how much of a secret is it, and how much is it a public knowledge?"
Polar Chrome
Polar Chrome

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Quantum facehoofed.  "I think, Mr. Chrome, in light of what has just happened, you might not wish to question the secret but rather the one telling the secret.  No offense, Mr. Scintillance, but you did just fall out of a trash can and thought you possessed a large amount of gold bands and a watch which are conspicuously absent."

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:09 pm

Scint turned his eyes to his left while his hoof was held against his chin, apparently in deep thought. for half of a second. his pose remained the same as he replied, "Mister Flash, Mister Chrome, not only are your formalities frightening me but you both possess some very good points. perhaps it is for the best that I tell neither of you of this... secret factor. you're new to the city, and for a random pony to make a dynamic entry from a trash dispenser -unintentionally might I add!" Scint's eyes finally moved and focused on Quantum on that side-note, "-and overwhelm either the both of you like this... I suppose I'd leave it for the both if you to settle into Manehattan first. who knows, you might find this secret out yourselves, if you ever feel adventurous.

And if there's still a lack of faith in me, well, I don't know how to fix that. the most I can give is my word. I'm won't force either of you into anything that hasn't been agreed, on, and... oh! I'll avoid any and all creepy dark alleys, how does that sound?"
Scint finished, with the same "elegance" that he started with.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Polar Chrome Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:34 pm

Chrome sighed. Twenty minutes wasted by this ordeal, twenty minutes that could have been used for finding himself a place to stay... and a place to hide things. He nodded to Scintillance. "I assumed as much. Now, if that is all you have, I'll be on my way again. Have a nice day you two."

Polar gave a small nod to both Quantum and Scintilance, before picking up his suitcase and trotting in between both of them, heading further down the street, passing a griffin patrol. He was heading to the Western Residential district, still wondering what this was about. Ultimately... well, all of this seemed like Scintillance was another of those poor souls who lost their wits in the war, leaving the reality and diving into their own imagination, unable to face the truth.

He has seen this in Canterlot before. Far too many times for his tastes, really. Polar was a witness of a former sergeant of the army leading a attack against a griffin checkpoint, thinking he was leading a grand charge while the griffins gunned down the lone pony. The occupation forces would often get their claws on ponies babbling about resistance movements and conspiracies, only for the griffs to find out all of it was made up. Scintillance seemed to be similar case, seeing things that were never really there.

Five minutes after leaving the scene, Scintillance was off Polar's mind, the unicorn once again worrying about things important to him. Like finding a new home.
Polar Chrome
Polar Chrome

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:20 pm

Quantum watched Polar leave before he turned back to Scintillance. "Interesting. You know, I wasn't so much refusing to hear this secret than pointing out a flaw in his logic. I... ah... have visited here before the war and would be greatly be interested in what secret could possibly be kept after it. In any case, who better knows the dirty secrets of any place than those most down to earth?" He shifted slightly as a slight smirk crept onto his face. "I do have some ideas though... Few things need to be absolutely kept from our 'great overlords'."

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:37 pm

Scint spoke to chrome as he left, " ah, well, sorry I can't help you... see you around, Mister Chrome! and stay outta trouble!"  Scint let Chrome speak, and responded to the smirk with one of his own.  "so you do have a sense of humor! I like you already." Scint took another quick look around, though his head locked in place as his eyes shifted here and there, and back to Chrome as Scint lowered his voice, It would be easier, and perhaps more benificient if I were to show this to you rather than tell you about it... but I can certainly describe it on the way. and who knows, you might find yourself a job there. I'll have to ask you one more time: are you really sure you want to know this, and that you can be trusted with this knowledge?"
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:59 pm

Quantum nodded, then shook his head, then looked confused for a second before responding.  "Sure.  I certainly could use a job, but that is not really the whole reason I came here.  See, in some places there can be found... certain rumors, y'know. I was interested to know whether or not these small whispers held much substance.  And as to whether you can trust me, who can you really trust these days?  It's not exactly there's like some secret sign known only by those sworn never to submit to the rule of the Griffons.  But I will say this.  If I had intended to kill you, I would not have attempted to do so with words.  I can already tell you are too skilled in that field."

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:20 am

Scint gave a hearty laugh, "only as true as it is false. in  fact I cave a lot of ponies after my tail because of my terrible choice of words. but otherwise, being a poet does have it's advantages. And I'll assume you mean to come along then." Scintillance half-turned away, and motioned his hoof in suggestion to walk with him. "we can take the short way or the long way, but either way is this way!

((OOC:  sorry I disappeared like that, but we all have lives to live, and sometimes those lives try to swallow us hole, and leave a dying husk without a soul... but I'm still around! in case of emergency or something, PM button's right there!))
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:56 pm

Quantum followed after him.  "Short way, if you don't mind.  Unless the scenic route happens to have some place to eat.  They don't exactly feed you well on the trains these days."  He paused for a second, and turned and levitated his bags onto his back before continuing.  "Lead on."

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:43 pm

Scint smiled, realizing that he could probably use a quick meal of sorts as well. his growling stomach betrayed his attempt to hide it,  and he couldn't help but chortle. "We can certianly go through downtown if you insist on food, it's where I get all of my groceries. There's sure to be stalls held up by what farmers the city still has, and I'm sure there's a cafe or two that may or may not be operational on weekends. say, what day is it anyway?"
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:11 pm

(OOC: Life happened for me as well.)

Quantum shrugged.  "Y'know, I'm not really sure.  I stopped paying so much attention to the day after the invasion.  Kinda lost its meaning a bit, especially when the griffons started setting the work schedule.  All I know is that the trains are running so it's likely a weekday."

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:19 pm

Scint kept shifting his gaze where his rings should have been... something happened while he was out... either drunk, asleep, or Celestia knows what, but something happened. he needed to get those rings back.

Scint's frown betrayed his thoughts, but he caught his  face making motions he  didn't  want to be seen, and tried to change the subject, more for his sake. "ok, explaining things bit by bit, right? ever heard of 'Diamond Dogs?' lovely folks..." Scint left the question for Quantum to answer as his voice  drifted.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:36 am

Quantum, having been looking around more than at Scintillance, missed the expressions but still caught the question. He thought about it for a second. "Diamond Dogs... Yeah. I know of them. Used to see a few back at the forge; they would bring ores for old Faber to smelt. They were pretty odd. So, what, are they some sort of secret weapon? Planning to "destabilize" the griffons a bit are we?"

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:49 pm

Scint found Quantum's  thoughts... amusing. an obvious smile lined his face, though only on one side, and he raised a brow at the other. a chuckled hummed throough his closed lips, and were better heard from his neck, like a cough through a mouth kept closed emitting an odd "mhmhm. you know, that's not a bad idea, not to say we haven't already tried it, but  the diamond dogs aren't exactly a secret  weapon. Rather, how about we play a quick game of 'connect the dots.' Manehattan has  a rather impressive sewage system. or  at least, it used to  be impressive, before some ponies had to consider it as  a living space after things upside got complicated. Now,  consider the fact that Manehattan has its fair share of tunnel-digging diamond dogs..." Scint's voice trailed off as the  trail ahead revealed a slight opening among the endless buildings, and some few stalls with ponies either selling their produce or browsing for their next meal.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Quantum's eyes brightened suddenly, as if with realization.  "So you decided to use the Diamond Dogs to clean out the sewers!  Not having those work would be terrible for anyone, pony or griffon."  He grinned a sly, cunning grin.  "OR... perhaps not only were the sewers dug themselves by the Dogs; they stayed.  Having been here before, I know that there never was any great number here, at least to the casual observer.  Therefore, they would have had to have constructed an additional network of tunnels, ones which were almost completely unknown to the city, and not on any maps, official or otherwise.  These tunnels, once discovered, could provide an excellent area for somepony to stay who does not want to be found."  

He suddenly stopped for several seconds with a surprised expression on his face then resumed while what could be described as a rather feral smile spread across his face.  "You said 'we'."

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:49 pm

Scint dropped an eyebrow in a blank gaze at nothing but the floor before him, and then closed both eyes, lowering his head with a sly smile. "Hm, I guess I did. My fault, I really do need to be careful with what I say, those are questions I'll answer further down our little introduction. Also, you're pretty good at this. the dogs still live there, and have indeed dug out these tunnels. unfortunately, they tend to go digging independently and it really is an unfinished maze that doesn't stop changing. there's a number of tunnels they know well enough not to get rid of, but otherwise, a bad trip down there could be a one way ticket to nowhere, and death by starvation and exhaustion to the overly curious pony... or griffon. At this point I'd hope they learned to keep out of the tunnels; so far none of them found anything important. but that doesn't mea-"

the unicorns were practically ten meters away from the closest stall of the market. if they hadn't been paying attention to the sounds of barter and smells of... that, could probably be game meat and fish, most prudent, then the surrounding area should have hit their senses by now. Scint stopped, and held a hoof in front of quantum to block his path. "the small pegasus, over there. purple one."

Lances' gaze was on a small pegasus filly up ahead, crouching near a stall stocked with a couple of apples. the stall owner was debating something about his prices with another mare, and the filly took her chance, grabbing an apple off the corner of the stock, and hiding it under her wing, before scurrying off. Scint whispered, but it sounded more like he let out more air than he did words. "It just... hurts to see that, you know?" he spent maybe two or three seconds standing still before dropping his arm away from Quantum's path. *clop* went his hoof on the ground, and then slid a bit pulling at the earth. "I'm... sorry, lost it there for a few seconds, where were we?"
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:12 pm

Quantum watched the filly run off with her stolen prize in silence.  It was painful to see, but only slightly.  Such things were commonplace enough that he had more or less grown used to seeing them.  A thought nagged at him though, a small shred of doubt, that it wasn't quite entirely as it seemed.  It was quickly flattened by a pang that reminded him that he still needed to eat.  He turned to Scintillance and started, "So..." and quickly cut himself off since he had been speaking at almost the same time as Scint.  "We were about to get something to eat."  He swept his hoof across the market, "Is there anypony you usually buy from or should I start browsing."  His eyes were already roaming the stalls looking for something tasty.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:06 am

Scint regretted his overdramatic moment as he had realised he'd been temporarily ignorant. at first he wondered how somepony like Quantum could so easily disregard the sight of a filly like that. At second, however, he realized he selfishly forgot about his starving friend. " Right, right! well, Quick's normally got a stall selling sandiwtches we could snack on our way-you'd be surprised how rare it is to find bread that won't make you sick around here. and I know somepony further over yonder's got a surprisingly good selection of fruits 'n veggies if you're more interested in greens. or, I guess we could settle for an apple from the stall up... up ahead..." Scint squinted his eyes slightly in psuedo-deep thought. "I think I'll settle for an apple myself, but your choice is still your own. So, what'll it be?"
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:01 pm

Quantum thought about this for a few seconds. He was fairly hungry, but was it worth it to risk getting a bad sandwich? Probably best to just go along with Scintillance. In any case, he almost felt he owed it to that stall owner to give him a little business after watching him get robbed. He replied, "apples are fine," and trotted over to the stall. "How much for two apples?" He asked the stall owner.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:01 pm

((Oh  brilliant, NPCing. xD))

Scint nodded his head to  Quatum, thoough he was pretty sure Flash never saw it. he followed along when the mare "harrumphed"  and walked away, leaving the stall owner to notice the incoming clients. He raised a confident grin he certianly didn't have a few moments ago, and gruffly replied to the previous question, "That would be four bits  apiece, Gentlecolts! 

Scint could already see why the previous argument he had  with the mare was so justified, but he wasn't  one for unnessesary debates. He hesitantly floated out a small purse-thing  from one of his pockets and turned to Flash, "Brought your bits or am I being a bad guide?" He added a chuckle, hoping to suggest he was being sarcastic.

((random stallion NPC  description  is now unofficially unimportant. He's generic! A new arrival {open} 3217325089))
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:12 pm

((Ah. Well.  I'm no good at NPCs.  And in any case, I have no knowledge of the economy and so couldn't define prices in the first place.))

Four bits a piece?  No wonder that mare had been arguing so much.  But, still, Quantum could understand somewhat considering the state of, well, everything, especially considering thievery like they had just seen probably occurred often.  But then, maybe not two apples.  One would do.  He turned to Scint.  "Not at all.  You're hardly my host."  He turned back to the stall owner.  "One apple then."  Four bits levitated from various places and pockets around his cloak onto the counter, and he selected what looked to be one of the better apples.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:01 pm

Scint levitated his four bits as well, and the clerk gratefully accepted his earn, "thank you very much, kind sirs! please, do come again! Scint smiled a gentle smile and his magical aura left the coins, but his horn was still glowing. four more bits were stealthily floating under the stall, and made their way among the tomatoes while the owner wasn't watching. "Will do!" Scint's aura enveloped an apple as he levitated it to himself. he half-turned, and moved his head towards Quantum. "Shall we?"
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:29 pm

Quantum didn't immediately respond. He was chewing thoughtfully on the apple, staring into space with a rather far off expression on his face as though he wasn't quite entirely present at the moment...

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:52 pm

Scint took a discerned look at Quantum. only other pony he knew might blank out like this was Shade; too much on her mind, so there could have been quite a bit on quantum's before. only one thing he could do: he waved a hoof slightly above and in front of quantum's eyes, aiming for where he thought bubble probably was, and soothed, "Flaaaaashieeeee..?"
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:53 am

Quantum's eyes focused back in on Scintillance and a look of incredulity crossed his face.  "...What did you call me?"  he said as a variety of confused and confusing expressions flitted across his face before settling on neutral.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:48 pm

Scint turned his words into a game. "Yes, I called you, silly! C'mon, you're zoning out in the market-zone and that's the best way to have your wallet snatched Scint already started trotting off, giggling at his own wordplay.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:12 pm

"... No seriously. What did you call me." Quantum deadpanned as he trotted after Scint. He preferred to focus on that little bit over the fact that he had zoned out. How embarrassing. But it was a good point. He hadn't been paying that much attention to the possibility of being pickpocketed. Quantum began to check his bags and cloak with careful discrete telekinetic probes and suddenly stopped. "Wait..." He started going through one of his bags much more thoroughly.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:57 pm

((Juuuuuust in case you misunderstood me, no, those four extra bits were scints, so no, no theivery done here. by Scint at least. but you can do stuff too, your roleplaying world as well, anything's possible. and stuff.))

Scint really wanted to burst laughing, but kept reminding himself it wasn't anything big enough worth the laugh. Somehow, that only made him want to laugh even more. thank goodness Quantum let it go and turned Scint's attention off the comedy of the moment and onto Quantum. "What, don't tell me you already lost something?"
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:55 pm

Quantum put everything back in the bag carefully. A slight frown lay on his face as he turned back to Scintillance. "Ah well. I just seem to have lost my towel. It was a pretty green one too. It's... nothing major, but, well, I always feel like I should have a towel on me. It's what a friend of my father used to say, that you should always know where your towel is. He was kinda wierd, but still, he was usually right about stuff."

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:33 am

something kinda clicked in Scint's head again, and he started a semi-rushed monologue. "gee that does sound kinda weird. your dad's friend was  probably wierd. like, using-a-bright-gree-towel-as-the-core-means-of-distracting-some-uptight-silver-spoon-up-his-flank-stallion-to-get-out-of-the-way-so-he-could-extract-information-from-a-creepy-looking-prisoner-unnoticed kinda weird." Scint turned his head back and trotted to their next distination, taking a bite ouut of his apple. through a mouthful he added, "or me wierd."
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:58 pm

Quantum fought his way through this rapid fire string of information for a few seconds before responding.  "So... are you trying to imply that this was done to my father?  Cauz he may have been a merchant, but he wasn't that rich or important.  Nor do I think he knew any prisoners. Or.are you attempting to either imply that somehow you were my dad's friend or that this kind of thing is what you do such that it was likely you who took my towel?"

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:08 am

Scint give a bit of a giggle before replying, what? I wasn't implaying any of that! well actually maybe that third option, that's definitely something I'd try as a masterful battle plan. but as far as I can tell, I don't know your father, and don't know what happened to him, and don't have your towel. I was just saying your dad's friend was probably as weird as me at times. Everyone thinks I'm weird so I just go with it. Anyway, any more questions before we... Scint looked either way to make sure nothing was watching, and finished "underground?"
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:30 pm

A faint grin appeared on Quantum's face.  "One more question.  Yes, or no?"

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:43 am

Scint wasn't quite sure what Quantum was asking. he gave a very loose, very unassertive "um... no?"
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down