MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confrontation

2 posters

Go down

Confrontation Empty Confrontation

Post by Silvern Gleam Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:47 pm

October 30, 3:00 pm

((Previous: You have a deal!))

Another day, another appointed meeting with Stellar. And as expected, Sil hadn't gotten any sleep. Worries had kept her away, she couldn't stop thinking about the trouble she was in and how to minimize it. Confront her? Act as if nothing was wrong and try to find something out otherwise? Or maybe Sil should just vanish from the surface? No, that third option would already be defeat, giving up like that was out of the question. And getting information without Stellar or that griffon noticing would be slow and straining. Confronting Stellar... it was the riskiest of the possibilities, but probably also the most fruitful one. Needless to say, Sil wasn't sure about her choice.

The lack of rest had given her much time to think, but had done her magic nothing good. She was even lower than yesterday, the reason for this being that she had tempered with yet another artifact. She was going to confront Stellar with what she had found out, and hoped that she would get some answers. It would be unfortunate if Stellar fled as soon as she realized that Sil knew who she worked for, and so Sil had taken one of her locks with her. A small, two parted artifact that was now attached to the door of the room the meeting would take place in and its frame. On Sil's command, the two parts would magically connect and lock the door. Since it was on the inside of the door, it wouldn't be easily noticeable upon entering. As she had done the day before, Sil waited in the neighboring building for Stellar to arrive.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Artifact Merchant

Back to top Go down

Confrontation Empty Re: Confrontation

Post by Ida Fjölnir Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:16 pm

Stellar is in a rather good mood today, not knowing that Silvern Gleam followed her yesterday. The artifact bounces around in her saddle bag as she trots along the street. Even it isn't one of their good combat artifacts Stellar had to convince Ida to take it with her and left the house with the words "You won't regret it!". Before she turns into the alley she was confident about her words, but now she isn't sure anymore. What if the last two meetings just were to gain her trust, so she bring the artifact directly to Silvern and she robs her? Stellar quickly shakes her head and takes a deep breathe. "Calm down,Stellar. I bet everything will be fine." she says to herself like a mantra. And even Silvern would try to use the artifact against Stellar, she only would have one shot. Stellar prepared the blue ruby just for one demonstration shot to be sure.

Stellar turns into the alley where she met Silvern before and like the first two meetings she isn't there. She trots into the alley and looks around, searching for Silvern. "She doesn't seem to be outside, so I guess she's in the building again." Stellar thinks and enters the building. "Hello? Gleam? Are you here?"
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:58 am

There she was, alone. At least, as far as Sil could tell after a short flash. Stellar entered the building, and Sil left her observation post. She tried her best to act as if nothing was wrong, but when she entered after Stellar she couldn't help but frown a bit, and it was audible in her voice that she wasn't exactly happy right now. Down, she simply said, tilting her head towards the prepared door with the stairs behind it. No greeting or anything. Since the basement was exactly the place where yesterdays meeting had taken place, she didn't expect Stellar to object. Sil would follow directly after her. The door shut behind her, a white glow around the handle and the magic lock as it did its work. If she hadn't already figured it, Stellar would now know for sure that there was trouble in the air. Now Sil openly showed her anger, though still held much of it back. Her blind eyes pointed directly at Stellar she almost snarled when she spoke up again. Do you have anything to tell me before I tell you what I've found out?

Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Stellar makes a little jump as the door shuts behind her. She rushes back to the door and tries to open it, but as she sees the lock she realizes that it won't open, if Silvern doesn't want it to open. Stellar turns around, trying to look calm, but her thoughts are filled with panic. Does her grave concern become true and Silvern wants to rob her or something even worse?! But as she hears Silvern's words she knows that it is something different, even it isn't something less dangerous.
There she stands with shivering legs not sure what will happen to her now. "W-what do you mean?" she studders with a voice filled with panic.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:31 pm

Sure, as if Stellar had no clue about who she had given the artifact to.
Then let me refresh your memory: Griffon, Sil snapped at her, but caught herself before exploding further.
Last chance to tell me on your own.
There actually wasn't much Sil could do, she hadn't had the time - or the magic - to prepare other useful artifacts for the occasion, and without her artifacts, she was pretty harmless. Though, if her bluff didn't work, she might still be able to make an impression with some little tricks...
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:29 am

Stellar makes a step back as Silvern mentions a griffon. Did Silvern follow her? Stellar is absolutely sure that no pony followed her and if she is wrong, does Stellar mean the griffon who stopped her in the park or does she know that Stellar works for Ms. Fjöllnir? Or what if it is just a test and Stellar would blow herself by giving Silvern too much information. Stellar has now two options: 1. She plays the dumb and denies every griffon hoping that it is just a test or 2. She tries to arouse pity by telling Silvern that she's a slave and the griffon would kill her, if she won't come back with some artifacts. In fact half of it would be true and lying could make it just worse.
Stellar knows that she's a bad actor and first she doesn't even try to sound sad. "Well, you know..." Stellar says nervously pawing the ground with one hoof. "I'm forced to work for the griffons. I'm a slave!" Stellar can feel that her feelings go crazy. She never told anypony about it before. Most of the ponies treated her derogatory. They didn't tell her directly, but she could see it in her eyes. She's a second class pony who helps the griffons. That's the only thing they want to see and not who she really is.
"I bet you ask yourself why I didn't try to escape yet. Well, without these papers in my saddle bag I'm not even allowed to walk outside without my master. Running away and keep a low profile is also kinda impossible with that brand mark on my flank." Stellar sighs and let her head hang low, a single tear of dispair dropping on the ground.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:43 pm

Sil tried to read Stellar's expression, but most of it was lost to her. Too little detail the magic sight granted her. But the sound of Stellar's voice, how she let her head hang low... It appeared sincere to the blind unicorn. Yet, her expression softened for not even a moment as she suddenly closed the distance between them and without any warning placed a hoof on Stellar's flank. Possible complaints about it where simply ignored. She felt the fur, not smooth as it should have been but rough, with patches where was no fur at all, where it had been burnt away. There really was a brand mark. So Stellar had said the truth about being a slave...
With gritted teeth she walked up and down the room, mostly in frustration than in thought. Stellar was a slave, but that didn't solve the question if she could be trusted in any way. But did it matter? She worked for a griffon, and griffons usually didn't have much trouble with finding out what they wanted, even if that meant applying cruel methods. Stellar certainly didn't appear like a pony who was hurt physically very much, she seemed in a healthy condition, but again, it didn't tell Sil what she had to know. Slave or not, she didn't trust Stellar. Maybe this would change in the future, at least a chance Sil had to grant. A chance for Stellar to answer some further question, to let Sil know about the whole situation. First of all... How many griffons know about me? The question was asked after half a minute of saying nothing, only pacing around. And it still didn't sound friendly, it was asked in a tone demanding an answer. But at the same time there was also a pleading. Asking the other unicorn to simply answer, honestly, so that Sil could see that she wasn't only dealing with an enemy here, but with another victim. It would need more than one such simple question to achieve that, but for now this was the piece of information everything else depended on. If too many griffons knew about Sil, the consequences would be grave.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:37 am

Stellar flinches, a bit surprised by Silvern, but she doesn't move. She just assumes that it is Silvern's way to control her story. As Silvern walks up and down the room Stellar just stares at the ground. She isn't sure if she can say anything to make this situation any better, but she knows that she has to gain Silvern's trust again, if she wants to make any other deals. So she decides to say the truth, it's the best thing she can do right now. Stellar looks up as Silvern asks the question. "Only my master knows about you. I swear!"
Stellar is kinda worried what will happen now. She just hopes Silvern doesn't want to rescue her. To work for Miss Fjölnir is the best thing that happend to her since the labor camps and she doesn't want to leave her for just another life in fear that griffons could kill her. Even if the griffons don't respect her they didn't touch her once, because she's the property of another griffon.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:27 pm

Sil sighed in half relief, with only one griffon knowing there might be a way so avoid the information from spreading any further. If only there weren't so much uncertainty... Where did that griffon have the knowledge from? Would Stellar even know if her master had told somebody else? Did Stellar lie? Though, the last question was beginning to be ruled out. Either Stellar was telling the truth, or she was a damn good actor. Sil simply didn't have the feeling that she was lying, Stellar seemed to be easily afraid and not in the position to produce a believable lie. As much as Sil would have liked to keep her like that, she was beginning to feel bad about it and finally softened her voice a bit. The tension was still there, but at least she didn't sound as accusing anymore. How did your master find out?, Sil asked after another awkwardly long pause. And what in Celestia's sake does a griffon - with no magical capabilities - do with artifacts?
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Stellar gets a bit more relaxed as she can hear the change in Silvern's voice. It doesn't feel anymore like she's interrogated by Silvern, now it feels more like she's worried about her.
"Actually it was luck....maybe not for you, but my master bumped into you on the street and she saw the amulet under you scarf and the rest was just assumption." Stellar can't suppress a little grin as she thinks about an answer for her second question. Honestly she doesn't really know and even her master doesn't really know it. "We mostly only cataloguize them after what they can do. Nothing more, but you know we get paid for it, so we just do it."

Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:28 pm

Sil remembered bumping into a griffon, that wasn't something she would forget quickly, not with the danger that went along with it. She had been lucky that it had been a strangely polite griffon, but as coincidence wanted it, Sil had been about to use her amulet when it happened. She had thought the glow had been gone unnoticed, but that seemed unlikely now.
So she did see it, Sil silently muttered to herself. This was it, she once again knew who knew about her, and how they found out. At least, if Stellar had said - or even knew - the complete truth. That made the situation not so much better now, she was still forced to sell artifacts... or was she? What if I refuse? What if I don't sell you artifacts? What would your master do then? Most likely a stupid question. Sil already knew the answer, only a faint hope of being wrong made her ask.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:09 pm

If Stellar would answer this question honestly she would say something like that it wouldn't be that dramatic. They would just need to find another one who can sell some interesting artifacts, but like Silvern said she's maybe the only one here in Manehattan who sells them. Even if Stellar wants to say just the truth to gain Silvern's trust again, she just has to lie now. It will be just a little whitelie. "Uh well..." Stellar makes a little pause to show that she seems to be uncomfortable with that question. "In the short run not much would happen, but on the long run we would run out of artifacts and then I wouldn't be necessary anymore..." She makes another pause as she thinks about it what would really happen if she would become unnecessary. She guesses that the griffons would put her back into the labor camp. Stellar shudders as she thinks back to her time in the laborcamp. "and I guess they would put me back into the labor camp where they got me." She lowers her voice and stares at the ground again as she reminds all the things that happend in the labor camp."...or kill me what would be the more merciful option."
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:22 pm

At first Sil knit her eyebrows a bit, "not much would happen" was not what she had expected, it made her suspicious. But as she continued listening, a look of worry and sadness took hold, though it was kept on a subtle level. After Stellar had finished, Sil kept silent for a moment, then spoke with an actually soft voice for the first time in this conversation. Congratulations, you just gave me enough reason to sell, for now. But I have to specify my question: If I say no now, and you go and tell her that I don't sell to you anymore, would she accept that?
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:54 am

Stellar lightly chuckles as she feels more comfortable with this situation. "You don't have to worry about her. She would accept it, but like I said our bosses won't accept it. So, it would be really great if you would still sell some artifacts to us. It doesn't even have to be very good ones. Just...something."
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:47 pm

The look on Sil's face was easy to read: Complete and utter disbelieve.
You really want to tell me that I would simply be left alone when I decline, she asked, finding the thought simply ridiculous. That no other griffon would learn about me? That she would keep silent?
I find that hard to believe.

But not believing it gave her only more reason to sell. And besides, there still was that artifact Stellar had brought with her, a small compensation for the trouble. Emphasis on small. Only now she concentrated on it, but it was easily identified. In some sense it had similarity with her necklace, drawing power from the area around to support a certain spell, but it wasn't nearly as efficient as Sil's artifact, and the spell was a basic magical attack. The blind mare didn't show that she already knew almost everything interesting about it after only a few seconds. Anyway, I said I would sell, so lets get on with it. What do you have for me?
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:59 pm

Stellar gets her polite smile back. She isn't surprise by Silvern's reaction and she doesn't blame her for not trusting any griffons. Beside her master Stellar also doesn't trust any of thoses creatures. They're just so incalcuable. Some are friendly and others are just cruel.
"Oh don't worry she won't tell anyone and no other griffon knows about what happens here. So yeah.." Stellar says and gets the artifact out of her saddle bag. She levitates it beside her and after a short time of consideration she levitates it over to Silvern. "It's just a simple combat artifact. It intensify the magical impulse from your horn. It's charged for one demonstartion shot, so if you want to test it you can do it. And I think I don't have to tell you that you need to be careful even it is just a basic artifact. It can still hurt pretty much, if you would hit me."
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:22 pm

And the next thing you tell me is that she actually tries to help ponies, Sil muttered sarcastically. She took over the hold on the artifact and finally sat down as it floated in front of her. One minute please, she said and mostly relaxed, only her horn was highly active. The aura around the small item pulsed irregularly, and from time to time the artifact itself began to glow, but stopped before a shot went off. More wasn't visible, and as promised after a minute Sil stopped with her examination. With only levitation still active the magical glow was reduced to a bare minimum, before suddenly a small projectile of white light shot out of the artifact and towards the next wall. As was expected, the assault didn't cause more than a scorch-mark on the concrete, but for Sil it was apparently enough as she nodded at the result. I offered the healing artifact for 180 bits, with this one I'll reduce it to... let's say 120.60 bits weren't a generous offer, she probably would have demanded twice the amount, but Sil had no reason to spare this griffon's finances. At least this trouble should pay well.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:59 am

Stellar suppresses a light chuckle. Miss Fjölnir kinda helped her to get a better life, but Stellar guesses that Silvern wouldn't understand it and Stellar isn't really in the mood to explain her situation in detail to Silvern.
60 bits for such a basic artifact is actually the amount Stellar assumes she would get, but why shouldn't she bargain a better price for the artifact? 100 bits is the amount she aims for, so she need to get lower first. "Hmmm...how about 90 bits? I mean this combat artifact can be very powerful, if a trained unicorn uses it."
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:02 pm

A faint smile appeared on Sil's face, but the generally unpleasant situation kept it from growing. Better attempt than yesterday. If I was selling to you I would be willing to bargain, but as things are, I want to get as much out of this as possible. There's no reason for me to offer good prices to a griffon, she said, hopefully cutting off any further attempts.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:05 pm

Stellar puts a friendly smile on her face. "And if you actually would do it for me? Would you sell it for 100 bits?" She asks. If she could bargain a better price Stellar could spent some of the saved money for her own things. That's how she does it everytime she has to buy something and can bargain. Save some bits and tell Miss Fjölnir that she spent more, so Stellar has some extra bits she can spent.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:36 pm

So, you're asking me to cut my profit out of generosity to you, Sil bluntly rephrased Stellar's suggestion, but in fact: That wouldn't be such a strange thing for Sil to do. You know, I kinda like that thought, alone because it would make this world a little fairer. And if I had the impression that you have to suffer under your master I might have agreed to 100. But giving 40 bits to somepony I hardly know, hardly trust, and who doesn't seem to be in dire need of help is a little much, don't you think? On the other hoof, if she's only out for healing artifacts we probably won't trade all that often. After a short consideration she decided to simply meet her in the center. Being generous from time to time didn't hurt, and giving a slave some payment didn't seem like a very bad idea. 80, that leaves 100 bits for you to pay, she offered.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:43 pm

Stellar smiles as she hears Silvern's offer. "Oh thank you!" she says in a rather happy almost squeaky voice. She levitates the box with the money out of her saddle bag and levitates a little bag with 100 bits in it to Silvern. "I promise you won't regret it." Stellar says with a smile and waits for Silvern to give her the artifact.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvern Gleam Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:43 pm

I hope so, Sil said while counting the money and transferred it to her saddlebags. Please avoid your master getting suspicions, it's best if she believes I'm clueless. Sil reached the hundredth and last bit, and finally the white stone that was the requested artifact was levitated out of the bag and to Stellar. This deal being finished, Silvern directly started with planning the next one. I can't say when I'll have another healing artifact, I suggest we meet in a month again, but with no guarantee that I can offer you something by then.
Silvern Gleam
Silvern Gleam
Big Mac
Big Mac

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ida Fjölnir Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:15 pm

Stellar just nods silently and her blue magic aura appears around the artifact as she takes it. "She won't know anything." she says, but actually she already planned to tell her master about it. At least they need to increase their security measures to prevent that any rebels are going to loot their basement. She wraps the artifact in a blanket and puts it into her saddle bag. Then Stellar looks to Silvern again."In a month? Sounds good and if you get a new artifact earlier you can find me in the park. I mostly relax there in the evenings before curfew." Stellar makes a little curtsey. "It's always nice to trade with you." she says and turns to the door, leaving the building.
Ida Fjölnir
Ida Fjölnir
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down