MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVENT: Honor Among Thieves

5 posters

Go down

EVENT: Honor Among Thieves Empty EVENT: Honor Among Thieves

Post by Tisis Antony Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:51 pm

HONOR AMONG THIEVES

This is the location of the Cue Cards event, Honor Among Thieves. Participating players include:

Megabyte
Quantum
Kroll (Backed out at last minute)
Chili
Pike

You all know the rules. Do not share your cue cards, and if you have a question you do not want the other players to be privvy to, please PM or contact the GM in private. I am your GM, Tisis Antony.

You will gain one point for every cue on your card that you successfully obey. You will get an additional point if you go the entire length of the rp without using OOC tags and the like. The player with the best overall RP will get one bonus point.

This thread will continue until either- someone is injured or otherwise killed; the participants of the thread leave the safehouse; or the GM establishes that the thread has died.

______

The night robbery had been an astounding success. The four robbers had cornered the loot in one of Manehattan's older banks. It had been a surprisingly simple job- they'd detonated a massive explosive charge on the wall in the rear alley, and scooped up all the loot before the bank operators could even get the vault door open.

In the escape, one of them had been shot by a stray bullet by the pursuing gaurdsmen, but had shrugged it off at the time. According to plan, the four eventually arrived at their safehouse, and began divvying out the loot.

The jewelry and gemstones, which were sparse, were divided out by personal preference and a rough semblance of equal share.

The real loot, was the gold. Just over 300 bars of 24. karat, four ounce bars of the finest gold, stamped and certified by the same certificates that the bank robbers had snatched up.

This represented the true loot- it had to be hauled, all 75 lbs of it from the robbery in a hitched wagon. It sat before them, piled up and counted on their round table.

The safehouse itself wasn't much- it was off the beaten path, and quiet, but otherwise just another abandoned and crumbling home in a city with thousands of them. The money was sat on top of a sturdy round table, with a lamp over it illuminating the cut, and the creatures that surrounded it. It gleamed in sharp contrast to the dust that filtered through the light, and it stood impartial to the squabbles that were about to occur.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffin Kingdom
Profession: Intelligence Officer

Back to top Go down

EVENT: Honor Among Thieves Empty Re: EVENT: Honor Among Thieves

Post by Paradox Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:01 pm

Xinchub relaxed out of his assumed unicorn form.  He would normally have kept it, but there was no reason in this case.  His co-conspirators knew what he really was.  In any case, even for him reverting to normal after long periods transformed left him feeling particularly strange.  The flash of green flames was subdued underneath his heavy cloak, though he did notice one hole that had been picked up from that night that would have to be fixed.

This done, Xinchub looked up to see his co-conspirators finishing inspecting their shares of the gems.  "Friends," he began, drawing on that little surge of energy that almost always accompanied being addressed in such a way, "I do feel, in light of this successful night, and my skillful protection allowing us to get away so cleanly, I should receive not only my 50% but indeed 52% of the gold.  I am sure you all u-understand."

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:42 pm

Dark Wind sat by the large collection of gold bars, stretching out her wings to help her stiff back muscles. Damaged ear twitching at the voice, her attention quickly snapped towards the changeling. "Fifty percent?! What makes you think you deserve that much?!" She growled, taking a deep breath to calm herself. "Anyway, I demand that I take my share and some more to make it at least forty-five percent. I need the money to pay off that mob boss we owe money to."

The mare crossed her forelegs in front of her once she was finished speaking, looking to the others with a bemused glare.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Inventor and Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Chili Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:00 pm

A rasping laugh came from the dark corner of the safehouse. "Why should your financial insufficiencies take a priority over the rest of us?" Chili leaned forward in his chair, looking over the two gems he got from the small amount of jewelry that was in the vault. "Normally, I would be satisfied with just this...but I feel that I should be compensated for getting shot. 30% cut of the gold. No less, no more."
Chili
Chili
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Vanguard Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:25 pm

The absurdly red and pink stallion watched the interchange between his companions with a curious set of eyes, especially on the one called Xinchub. With a stare and a forehoof on his chin, Solitary Fuchsia slowly levitated a .38 revolver into his lap. The firing trigger on the weapon was modified for hoof-only ponies but his levitation sufficed. Tapping the weapon with his hooves in thought, the slightly built unicorn spoke up in a shaky tenor, "I'm certain we agreed on an even twenty-five split between the four of us did we not?"

His eyes went to Chili, "Sorry that you got shot, but it's all a part of the job. I think we should just divide the bars evenly and go our separate ways as soon as possible. I don't want to have to use this thing again." Referring to the weapon in his lap, now missing one bullet out of the six.
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Accountant/Info seller

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:04 pm

Xinchub eyed the revolver with some concern.  "Y-You wrong me, mister Fuchsia," he began somewhat cautiously, "I-I recall that you p-promised me half of this loot for my expert services.  You t-think that just because you have a g-gun you can just take my share?"  He shifted uncomfortably in his seat, the small undercurrent of hostility sickening to a changeling. The faintest glint of green light danced around his horn as he subconsciously readied to cast some spell or another. 

Reaching out, he tapped one of the gold bars in appreciation- gold like that could buy friends- and continued.  "Surely," he said as he looked around the small table, "you could not h-have planned and executed such a p-perfect raid with just," he nodded at Fuchsia," his help."

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:09 pm

Dark turned her attention towards Chili, ignoring the argument next to them. "Hey, it's not just my head they'll have if we don't give them the money. I'm just the one you all put in charge of paying them back. It's all our debt, so you'll give me the forty-five percent!" She demanded, slamming her hoof on the table in anger. "I'm not getting offed by some mob boss because of you idiots!"
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chili Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:36 am

Chili chuckles mirthlessly at the pegasus. "Either they have never given out loans, or they are very stupid; dead mare's don't pay back debts, but ones with broken wings do." he looked over at the stallion named Fuchsia and gave him a placid frown. "Sacrifice coagulates success, my vividly-colored associate. I stayed behind to weld parts of the vault door shut to guarantee your group's escape, and while I understand that things such as these have their risks, that does not mean that they should not be recognized." the dragon shook his head as he looked at the pile of gold.

"Either way, we still have a problem: the bank operators know the amount of gold that's missing. Finding a means to export it and use it to its full monetary potential, in this city at least, is not going to be very easy."
Chili
Chili
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Vanguard Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:08 am

Fuchsia grumbled nervously, "Do you really think the bank will find us? I mean, without my magic we wouldn't have transported these bars in the first place but they don't have the means to track this stuff do they?" The stallion's teeth ground against each other as sweat beaded on his forehead in heavy dew.

The brightly-colored stallion shifted uncomfortably and stared right at the changeling. "I don't care about how much you get. I just don't want to get caught! Who knows? They're probably out there right now." He patted the gun feverishly while saying this. "Besides, you wouldn't have done it without the half-loot thing! Why not take part of my share? Will that make you feel better?"
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:51 am

Xinchub shook his head at the unicorn. "A thief I may be, but I am an h-honest thief. I would not presume to be s-so i-important as to take your share. I just want what was p-promised me." He glanced back at the great pile of wealth again. "A-and I may be no expert, but I do not think gold is good for e-enchantments anyway. Nor do I t-think that these gems," he pulled one out with his magic, its facets glittering in the lamplight, "could b-be enchanted either." Xinchub placed it back into another pocket, a final flash of green light radiating off of its cut face.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:34 pm

A couple of loud raps sounded off from the door in the far side of the room. The double door had been barred shut with a post that held it firmly shut.

The knocks hadn't been very loud, but they came a second time, playing out a small tune with their raps.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffin Kingdom
Profession: Intelligence Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Chili Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:58 pm

The dragon gave Xinchub a deadpan expression. "A thief that is honest is like a fire that is cold. Nonexistent. I'm amazed you're able to lie to yourself so well, but I guess that's the price you pay when you live to deceive others, changeling..." Finishing his brief reprimand, Chili returned his attention to Fuchsia. "Even if the gold and jewelry aren't enchanted by any means, it never hurts to take extra precautions." he said as he picked up one of the gold bars, weighing it in his claw. "What I can suggest is melting down the bars into something more...manageable. Something we can export from this house without arousing suspicion. I do have an exact idea as to how, but only if you are willing to agree to my terms..."   

Chili's eyes narrowed at the door, as if he was hoping that lasers would fire from his eyes and vaporize whoever was on the other side of the barricaded door. "Unless one of you ordered a victory pizza, I don't recall us expecting to have any guests..." he hissed, his charcoal-colored scales rattling quietly."
Chili
Chili
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:53 am

"You really are stupid, aren't you?" Dark asked, keeping her eyes on the dragon. "How do you think we got the money for all of the equipment? It just appeared out of thin air?" She asked, preparing to continue her statement, but pausing as the sounds came from the door. Turning her attention to said portal, she fell silent, wary about who or what could be behind the wooden structure.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Vanguard Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:23 pm

As soon as the rapping at the door sounded, Fuchsia jumped up out of his seat. The gun would have fired if he had been using his hooves with it, but the dark pink aura around the weapon prevented it from dropping or firing. The unicorn cleared his throat quietly and walked over to the gold bars. Turning to the group with a worried expression, he started, "We've got to hides these, guys. Those are almost definitely cops. They see this loot and they're gonna come in guns blazing." Sweat beaded on his forehead in heavy droplets, "Oh no! They probably know already. For the love of your life, don't answer that!" cowered the thin stallion, not realizing the tone and volume of his voice was clear enough to at least be heard, but hopefully not understood from behind the door.
Pike Vanguard
Pike Vanguard
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:29 pm

Xinchub's eyes narrowed as he heard the banging.  Fuchsia's cowardice was surprising and irritating, considering he had just completed one of the biggest heists since the griffon occupation.  Carefully discarding his cloak, Xinchub focused a flare of green fire around himself, shifting into the appearance of a rather average, if grumpy looking, griffon.  He approached the door, unlocked the small viewing portal to give an irritated stare at whomever was providing this unwanted interruption.

Paradox
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Chili Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:12 am

Chili looked around at his present company, silently wondering how they were all able to work together to pull off this heist in the first place. Xinchub seemed to have the door problem under control, which was nice to see. Turning to Fuchsia, the dragon held out a patient claw. "I think it'd be for the best if you gave me your gun. While I don't distrust the stability of your magic, I would prefer that someone with a more calm demeanor be in possession of it, if you don't mind."
Chili
Chili
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down