MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contingency [Riot Event: Open to Griffon Allies Only]

+2
PureWrath
Kroll
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Contingency [Riot Event: Open to Griffon Allies Only] Empty Contingency [Riot Event: Open to Griffon Allies Only]

Post by Kroll Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:52 am

RIOT EVENT!
"Contingency"
Griffon Headquarters
25th December, Yr. 4
Early Morning
Kroll stared out the window in his office, watching the columns of smoke rise up from the districts of Manehattan off in the distance with grim resignation. The riots had been raging on for roughly four days now, and if the city wasn't a nightmare replica of Tartarus, the captain was sure he could see it from where he was standing.

Taking a sip of tea from the mug in his claw, the tercel turned around to face his desk, which was stacked with files, charts, and maps of Manehattan that had been littered with annotations. He had been up all night working on a strategy, and according to the clock mounted on the wall, the captain had ten minutes before it was time to present his battle plan. After carefully folding and arranging the different maps and charts, Kroll headed out of his office and made his way towards the briefing room.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession: Captain of the Guard
Back to top Go down

Contingency [Riot Event: Open to Griffon Allies Only] Empty Re: Contingency [Riot Event: Open to Griffon Allies Only]

Post by PureWrath Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:07 am

Ivan waited closer to the back of the briefing room. He didn't care much for the jibber jabber of the other officers. He wanted to keep his mind focused on what was going on at the moment. He always liked hearing strategy and battle plans it was good enough for him to get hyped up and ready for whatever he was about to face. But he had never been in the middle of civilians trying to calm them down this was a little different then fighting a war. Most likely he was going to have to avoid civilian casualties which he had no problem with...He was more afraid of some of the other officers that wanted a little blood which could turn these riots into a bigger mess then they already are. Ivan decided to step out until the meeting started. Then he saw Knoll from down the hall. He saluted and stood at attention. "Morning Sir." He said confidently. He sort of wished he would of been more patient and just stayed inside the briefing room.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffon
Profession: Guard

Back to top Go down

Contingency [Riot Event: Open to Griffon Allies Only] Empty Re: Contingency [Riot Event: Open to Griffon Allies Only]

Post by Kroll Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:56 am

Kroll was lost in his thoughts as he stalked down the hallways, keeping a tight grip on his files and documents as if they were the only thing keeping him alive. The greeting from the sergeant that was hovering outside of the door to the meeting room snapped the captain out of his daze. After shaking his head and blinking a few times, the grey tercel gave the griffon in front of him a weary nod. "Mh." he grunted in acknowledgement as he turned to face the door again, wrenching it open with a free claw before walking inside.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by PureWrath Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:29 pm

Ivan was met with very little response. He figured that he was more focused on the battle plan and honestly it was no time for small talk. Ivan turned and followed Knoll into the Briefing room. He took his seat quietly while some of the others noticed that he walked in and they found a seat as well there was still some talking in the room and a few griffons that didn't notice knolls arrival. Ivan waited patiently for the sort of lecture to start. This was probably going to be the best time he will have to show some of his leadership skills out in the field. He felt like he was hardly battletested himself even though he did serve in some battles during the war. He felt like he was sort of rusty was all.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:28 am

The meeting room was packed with other officers of the guard, many of whom were talking amongst themselves, ignoring Kroll as he walked down the aisle that divided the seating arrangements in half, heading towards the podium at the front of the room.

"Captain on deck!" One of the guards yelled out before clicking his hind legs together and standing straight up to attention. The other officers in the room quickly followed suit as they saw the captain standing behind the podium, arranging his documents into a comfortable order. Looking out over at the crowd of officers, Kroll nodded as he gave the audience the okay to sit down again. "As you were." he said before taking a drink from a glass of water that rested on the podium. Setting the glass down, the captain cleared his throat before beginning his brief.

"To save time, I'm going to skip pleasantries and cut to the chase here." the tercel said bluntly, leaning down on the podium as he scanned the faces in the crowd. "Now as you all know, a full-fledged riot has broken out in the streets of Manehattan; sectarian tensions have finally reached their breaking point, it would seem. We've already received word that there have been some casualties on our end, and there have also been reports of civilians being assaulted as well by these rioters.”

The audience began to talk amongst themselves with great concern, causing Kroll to raise his voice slightly as he continued to talk, the audience gradually dying down as he did so. “Now I know that many of you have family or significant others out there, which is why ensuring the safety of civilians is our top priority. We’re already having Guerrilla units sealing off the different districts from one-another to keep the violence quarantined as best as we possibly can, but be on your guard for anyone who manages to slip through the cracks.”

After pausing for a moment to flip through a few pages in his folder, the captain continued. “We’re still sifting through a lot of the incoming information right now, so there are still a lot of unknown variables at play here; we don’t know who sparked these riots or if they have any connections to the rebel insurgency in this city, but we have to assume the worst and suspect that they are involved in some way. As far as weapons go, we want to have as little bloodshed as possible, so we’re going to be going nonlethal on this one. I’ve already had a word with the folks who run the armory, so don’t try and get any ideas. Use your judgment out there—I cannot stress that enough.

Listen: you are all officers for a reason. I expect each and every one of you to communicate these directives to the guards under your command; miscommunication could mean death out there for you or your troops. I’ll be here at headquarters managing operations and posting any new information on the condition of the different districts, so come back for updates whenever you can. We fought for seven bloody years to control this land, let’s not start to lose it now.”

With a final nod, the captain dismissed the crowd of officers, beginning to gather up his documents as he spoke out one more time. “You’ll all find your assignments posted on the bulletin board in the main hall.”
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by PureWrath Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:14 am

Ivan quickly perked up. "Umm Sir how do you expect us to quell these riot's wont a higher presence of griffons possibly enrage them more? If the Insurgency is orchestrating this couldn't they use our presence as a weapon against us? I just don't want to walk into some sort of trap sir." He decided to stand up. "I understand it's a little early to have any sort of information on what we are truly looking at but would it not be best to have some of our allied Ponies blend into the crowd this might be our best chance at infiltrating the rebels."
He noticed many of the other were looking at him. "Are we sure the riots are even the main concern? Is it possible they have been working on something and this is just a distraction from it? This would be the easiest time to raid and pillage our hardware. Let alone a possible attack on our headquarters while the vast majority of the troops are out there trying to stop the riots. I understand we are short on time but as bad as things are we shouldn't rush in without possibly considering these factors. Sir." He sat back down his heart was pounding he thought it was going to jump from his chest. Some of the stares left him and looked back at Knoll while others talked amongst themselves. He didn't want to question the judgement of a senior officer he was just worried about a possible negative outcome. Knoll was right they fought for this land for 7 or 8 years he didn't want to lose it now. He sighed as he finally calmed himself down a bit his heart still raced. He would hate to get into trouble for this.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:55 am

Kroll stared at the tercel that stood up, listening to what he had to say. The captain waited until the sergeant was finished before nodding solemnly as he replied. "

Those are some fair and reasonable points. To answer your first question, yes, trying to quell the riots would be a fool's errand, and they could very well use our presence against us. That's why I'm only allowing non lethal means of engaging any hostile rioters, and why our primary objective is securing the relative safety of civilians. As for your other question, I've reached out to the commanding officer that resides at Port De'Luge, and he has agreed to send some reinforcements in order to safeguard our onshore establishments."

The captain paused as he turned a few more pages in his file, biting his lower beak before replying. "As for last question, I have considered the idea of utilizing our Equestrian assets to try and glean more information, but I have yet to find any ideal candidates for the task."

Looking back up at the tercel, who had now taken his seat again, Kroll nodded. "I appreciate your concerns and admire your ability to think critically, though I must assure that I've been doing the best I can to make this operation go as smoothly as possible."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by PureWrath Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:23 am

Ivan nodded he figured that was the best that could be done for the time being. "Thank you sir, that puts my mind at ease." Some of the officers got up and headed out of the room to look for their assignments. Ivan was somewhat relaxed but this riot still troubled him. This whole thing seemed odd. He stayed in his seat pondering for a moment. This was a new crisis for griffon-kind has far as he could remember there was never a true rebellion ever in history...well no rebellion that ever succeeded anyhow. But he was worried the numbers seemed to be thin for such a large city he wasn't sure there would be enough troops to control this mess. They might have the arms but they had to stay non-lethal not that he minded but ponies to griffons the griffons were out numbered...he just hoped that this wouldn't become a bloodbath.  There was only a few griffons left in the room then Ivan got up to go see his posting. He tried to keep his head down he felt like he shouldn't of questioned Knoll but another side of him felt it right. He wasn't entirely sure. For now it was better to keep his head down and do his job. Hopefully this riot would end without too much chaos.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:59 am

The general peace of the room found itself suddenly disturbed by the sudden cacophony of fumbling limbs and shocked cries. Where once the officers had found themselves leaving at the the back of the room a few were were pedaling back and dropping into guarded stances, focusing on something new. 

The Hunter.

Like something out of a old tale the Hunter had arrived. The sharp golden eyes of the large gryphon staring out, and down, at those in the room before him. Soldiers, new and old, and a Captian with a surprising start. The last time that the Hunter, Kestrel, had seen him he was in an alley; cold and hungry. Fascinating how the balance changes.

The Hunter himself had changed slightly. He'd offered his services about town and, in time, opened his own business. A mortuary settled on the lands just outside of the main town. It was quieter there, nature still held its power. It had taken months to settle in and prepare the place, even now some parts were still under renovation and construction. Despite this the owner had come to town this day to offer his services to his kin and those others in town; living and dead.

His face was still hidden by the mask he'd worn that night. The light of the room revealing the intricate talonwork put into its surprisingly decorated grey-black surface; hiding from all his face and features. Atop this, encircling his form was his cloak and hood. Much like the mask it too was carefully made, the grim gray of his hood touched with a esoteric pattern of precise needle work giving the gryphon the overall appearance and presence of something not of this world.

Unchanged despite the situation at hand was the gryphons unearthly calm nature and the strange gauntlet upon his right leg. Still that construct clung tight to the gryphons muscled form. A lethal second skin of carved bone, runic writing, and shimmering Aetherium. A skin whose unsettling chilling aura seemed only to have grown all the more potent over the months.

Silent as he came in the gryphon offered a bow to all of those present. Gauntlet raising to press against his left shoulder as he did so. It was the traditional greeting of respect and honor among his tribe.

"Greetings, Captain." the gryphon toned Equuish much smoother now, though still heavily diluted with the accent of his native tribe. "My hand is offered."
Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Undertaker/Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:50 am

Kroll had been browsing through his notes when The Hunter made his entrance. He sighed quietly and shook his head, assuming the shocked cries coming out of soldiers disappointed with their assigned stations. But when the captain heard the tercel's voice, he stopped reading and looked up from his papers. Apprehensively walking around the podium, Kroll studied the tercel before him as he approached. There was something familiar about this mysterious stranger, but the captain couldn't quite place where he had seen him before, if at all. 

"Well, I appreciate the offer of your assistance, sir; we can take whatever help we can get at this moment." the captain said with a weary but polite tone. "But I don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting before, have we?" he said with a small smile, extending a claw to be shaken.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:00 am

Slowly the massive creature unfolded himself again, placing all his limbs down upon the ground. Beneath his hood he tracked the movements of those soldiers around him, his hearing more attuned than most at such things. Hmm...not bad. If a bit jumpy.

As the Captain himself descended and began to advance the Hunter matched his steps. He came to a rest a comfortable distance away watching the other gryphon closely before he gave a response.

"Once. At the docks, you gave me directions." Kestrel said reaching forward and shaking the gryphons hand; careful not to use his gauntlet-clad limb. The touch of the Void was not something to expose others too carelessly. Especially those who could be potential allies. Leaning forward and lowering his eerily serene tone to nigh but a whisper the gryphon finished his statement. "...and I gave you food."
Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:17 am

Aella slipped quietly into the room, wearing her armour and bearing a tray with a steaming kettle and mugs, and a plate full of scones with the necessary cream and jam condiments. She placed the tray upon a mostly clear table, brushing a few errant scrolls out of the way.

The griffoness looked at the massive black tercel out of the corner of her eye, finding some part of her mind bristling at the idea of a rival in terms of size and strength. She banished those intrusive thoughts. Old instincts had no place here.

Last edited by Aella on Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:04 pm

Kroll's eyes widened as the tercel before him whispered the rest of his statement. "I see..." he said, swallowing nervously as he let go of The Hunter's claw. "Well I am and always will be grateful to you for helping me that night, so if there's ever anything I can do for you, just name it."

The captain shifted slightly, nodding at Aella in appreciation as she walked past them with the tray. "Recent history aside," Kroll drawled as he returned his attention to the tercel before him. "What kind of assistance did you have in mind? Like I said before, we need all the help we can get, so I'm sure whatever you have in mind will be useful around here."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:33 pm

Glanced over at Aella as she set down her tray. His keen eyes tracing her form and quickly sizing her up. She reminded him of a few of the females back in his own tribe. Strong of build and fair of plumage. As soon as it began his gaze flickered back to the captain. The Hunter offering another respectful bow.

"I will go where I am needed most then. To the living I can offer Healing or support. To the dead I am prepared to help gather the fallen and offer funeral rites to the families; gryphon or otherwise." Kestrel said. Glancing him over it was obvious he'd come prepared for battle. The tell tale bulge of saddlebags beneath his cloak gave away that he was well stocked. With what was left up to the imagination.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Kroll nodded in response to The Hunter's bow. "Excellent. I need to go take care of some things right now, but find me if you need anything, alright?" The captain smiled politely as he turned away from the tercel and walked over to Aella, looking over the tray she had set down.

"Thank you for bringing this over, Aella." he said as he poured some of the kettle's contents into one of the provided mugs. "How are you holding up?"
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:58 pm

Aella dipped her head in a half bow.

"I'm mostly alright sir" she said, rubbing a sore spot on the side of her head. "If I might make a recommendation, we should get some more helmets. Ponies have been throwing bricks and bottles at anything with a hooked beak and paws"
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:48 pm

Kroll nodded solemnly as he cut open a scone and put jam on one half and butter on the other. "I see...I'll talk to the armory about getting more distributed out there..." the captain looked from his scone and noticed The Hunter was still standing there. Taking a quick nervous breath, the captain motioned for him to come over, hoping the stranger was not offended. "Ah, I apologize, I thought you went to go look for an assignment. Please! Come over and pour yourself some tea. We have enough to accommodate you."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:23 pm

Kestrel had indeed been looking around at the other soldiers attempting to see if he could find a place to settle in. That quickly changed as soon as he was offered some tea by the good Captain however.

With a serene smile the Hunter turned and made his way towards the two. "Many thanks" He said pouring himself a cup of the drink. Taking a slow sip the gryphon whispered something beneath his breath then set the cup down. It was quite good. 

Being close enough now he also took the time to give the female a closer looking over. He'd overheard her mention that the rioters were throwing things. Among the supplied he'd brought to day was a few sampling of some numbing salve his tribe used to help ease winter pains and light bruising. 

"I've something for that bump should you want it, m'lady." the tercel offered with his usual politeness. Hopefully his title would not prove offensive. He was still learning all the ins and outs of Equuish and was prone to the occasional mistake.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by PureWrath Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:16 am

Ivan looked at the postings, it took a little bit of time due to the crowd looking for where they are stationed. Ivan noticed he was on guard duty again. He was quite used to protecting HVT's and upper class griffons. He didn't mind it. He went to the armory and got himself geared up before heading back to the briefing room, then he closed the doors behind him. He stood there quietly before letting out a small huff he prepared his mind even though most of the time protecting others was normally quiet. He walked closer but kept some distance away. He looked over at knoll and said "Sir I am to protect you. I am yours to command." He said with a salute. He gave a small bow to Knoll's guests. "Sergeant Ivan at your service." He said in a more relaxed voice.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:49 am

Aella looked Kestrel up and down, the rebellious part of her mind insisting that she puff up her feathers to make herself look bigger. She resisted the urge and curtly shook her head.

"It was only a glancing hit, my usefulness is unaffected sir"

The slave looked around the room for a moment before taking a scone from the plate, adding cream and jam, and taking a bite.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:12 am

Offered a silent nod of his head to the female. So be it then, the offer was however open. Even if she did not know it. Turning back to the tea Kestrel took another slow sip and exhaled slowly. The scent of the drink filled his sinuses letting him examine it carefully as he relaxed. A lighter blend, something simple. No doubt due to the time it took to prepare.

Enjoyable all the same.

The newcomer to the little group, a guard by his telling, soon found himself under the scrutiny of the Hunters sharp and unsettling gaze. He was examined quickly, simply, but those details would be enough to sate the instinct of the Hunter. Once done the gryphon offered his usual silent bow of greeting. He'd let the Captain deal with this one.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:17 am

Kroll had been watching Kestrel and Aella as they spoke when the sergeant called for his attention. The captain stared at Ivan for a full minute, trying to understand the cosmic ramifications that had just successfully played out. "I see..." the captain said slowly, motioning to the sergeant to come join them. "Personally, I don't think I'm a fellow that needs another soldier around to keep myself safe, but I'm sure you'll be able to help out in some way."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by PureWrath Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:40 am

Ivan moved to the table when Knoll allowed it. " I have no doubt that you can care for yourself sir. But you are a very important griffon we cant allow anything to happen to you." He said calmly. He looked over at the other two griffons breifly he tried to keep his head down. He rather not anger anyone. He want used to being invited by whoever he was watching over. Most of his other jobs he was just there and rarely called for him so he found this a little odd.  But something that he found much more odd was the white griffon. It was an unusual colour. He tried niot to stare but he found himself glancing over at her from time to time.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:06 am

Kroll took another bit of his scone, hoping that the movement of his jaw would be enough to get the gears in his head turning fast enough to think of what to do with this sergeant he was stuck with. "So, Sergeant Ivan..." the captain said slowly as he took a drink from his mug. "Oh, and please don't be shy, do help yourself if you want some tea or scones--but I believe you asked me some questions during the briefing about how to make the most of the situation with what we have? As I mentioned earlier, I had been considering putting our Equestrian assets to good use, but did not have much time to look for worthy candidates...this is not exactly true, I'm afraid."

Walking over to the podium, the captain picked up a folder and returned to Ivan. "I had actually managed to narrow down my search to two potential candidates, but I didn't want to say that in front of the audience. Not because I wished to downplay your inquiries, sergeant, but because I've found from personal experience that even though we as soldiers take up an oath to serve our kingdoms, there are some who choose not to and aide those who wish to do us harm instead."

Holding out the folder to Ivan, Kroll smiled slightly. "You seem like one of the few NCOs who gives a fiddling shit about how this riot's going to play out in the long run for both us and civilians, and that means a lot to me. That being said, I'd like you to review the files of the two candidates to see if you think they'd be up to snuff. If you think they both look good to go, we can easily accommodate the two of them. Think you can do that for me, Sergeant?"
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:19 pm

As the situation began to unfold before him Kestrel did little more than sit and sip his tea. His mind was of course kept busy by his mission to find where he would be applying his skills today, but a small part managed to break away and focus on the two before him.

Interesting, how lax the Captain was with revealing such things. Perhaps joining him for tea would hold more reward than just simple politeness.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:54 pm

Aella finished her scone with relish and looked around the room, eying up the officers that stood around. Too few seemed happy to be doing their jobs.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by PureWrath Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:17 pm

Ivan sighed, Knoll was right most others just wanted a reason for fighting rather then doing the right thing. He looked at the scones and tea but he wasn't really interested in eating. "Well Sir, I am quite happy that you have some confidence in me I'll be sure not to let you down." He put the folder under his wing. "Well I do care. I'd like to think that there is a level of co-existence that can be achieved Manehatten. Maybe some more discipline of our mixed forces might be necessary. They hassle innocent Civilians which has lead us to this riot.

Ivan wanted to lighten the mood Knoll is probably quite used to this gloomy thought of battle. He knew that the riot's would be extinguished soon enough anyhow. "So who are your guests Captain? If I may ask." He said with a smile. He liked to be aware of who and what was around him. After all they were eating scones and having tea he should probably get to know their names at least, it seemed like the polite thing to do.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:16 am

Kroll clapped a claw to his crest as he shook is head. "Ah, cripes, I do apologize, Sergeant." Gesturing to the white hen the captain cleared his throat. "Ivan, this is Aella. She's somewhat of my personal assistant. She accompanies both on and off the field, and has been a major help in both areas." Looking over at The Hunter, the tercel continued. "And this is...er, I apologize, I don't believe I had the pleasure of knowing your name! Would you kindly enlighten us, mister...?"
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:16 pm

The  name and position of Aella was given the Hunter was quick to add it to the mental file he had made on her. As he did with all those he came into contact with. Hearing the Captains struggle the gryphon gave another of his signature serene smiles. Though it was mostly blocked by that strange mask he wore.

"Kestrel." the gryphon offered, giving a bow of greeting. The shimmering gleam of his strange gauntlet flashing in the light as he pressed it against the opposing shoulder. Its gleam cold and ethereal. After he broke the bow the gryphon once again focused his gaze on the sergeant.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:20 pm

A set of red eyes silently watched the griffons from a shaded spot high in the rafters of the meeting room, a faint smirk worn upon their owner's muzzle. Hm-hm-hm...So these riots really are becoming a bit too hard for them to handle...beautiful. Shady silently thought to herself while continuing her watch. I could possibly use this to my advantage... Either I'll finally get some respect around here...or I could use the riots to stage a little...incident and finally get somewhere I will be.

After a few more moments of hanging by her hind legs, she spoke up to make her presence known. "Perhaps you could use a unit who can...blend in with those rioters a bit more, Captain?" She said in a calm tone of voice, keeping her eyes fixed upon the griffon known as Kroll.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Inventor and Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:06 am

Upon hearing the voice above him, the captain rolled to the right and pulled out his rifle, aiming it up at the figure in the rafters. "I don't with those who refuse to make themselves known, and I don't have time for games." the captain said coldly, his amber eyes shining with malice. "Come down or get knocked down."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:25 am

Unlike the Captain the Hunter's reaction was less dramatic. His gauntlet clad hand shifting under his robes to grip the handle of Fenrir; just in case. From the angle he was at the motion would be hidden by his mass. Turning his head smoothly the gryphon kept his body still as he stared up at the mare who had revealed herself. He'd thought he'd sensed another but having only been here a few months he was still tuning his senses to the ways of the city. He still made mistakes.

"I thought I felt another." he said, tone just as even and calm now as it was when he'd first arrived. He said nothing after that only keeping his unsettling gaze on the bat-pony as she hung there.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:59 am

Aella scowled up at the new arrival. Just how many hyper-dangerous griffons were there in this room anyway?
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by PureWrath Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:41 pm

Ivan drew his blade swiftly he wasn't doing a good job of making sure his captain was safe he was literally minutes into this assignment and there was already someone that had sneaked their way in. He calmly spoke. "Come on down." He relaxed when he realized that the creature was affiliated with them. It was a bit of a relief. "Captain maybe we should relax it seems to be a comrade." He was surprised how edgy the Captain was maybe he was a little more stressed then Ivan initially thought. Then again Knoll was a well trained warrior. He didn't get to where he was without being edgy and self aware of his surroundings.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:40 pm

A small chuckle left the mare high up in the shadows. "If you so wish." The red-maned, black-coated mare dropped herself off of the beam her hind legs were bent over, catching herself just before hitting the floor with her pair of red bat wings. Touching her armored hooves down to the floor, she approached the griffons with a heavy stare.

"If I truly was an intruder, I would be more worried about your guards than me. But, that is neither here nor there." Her voice was calm and dark despite her young age, the weapons pointed towards her seeming to have little effect in the way of intimidating her.

Folding up her wings to her sides, her red eyes shifted focus towards the captain. "You say you've been having trouble with these rioters... Maybe they just need a little persuasion from one who looks more like them."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:15 pm

Kroll's feathers bristled slightly as he listened to Ivan. "Maybe so," he said as his grip tightened as his rifle. "But I prefer to have a line of sight with who I speak with. Especially in quarters as close as these." 

Recognizing the batpony as she dropped down from the rafters, the captain clicked his beak in annoyance as he slung his rifle back into the holster on his back. "Ms. Silhouette." he said calmly, motioning to Ivan to stand down. "I had a mind to find you in order to discuss such matters, but since you have been so kind as to grace us with your presence..."

Kroll turned around to face the three griffons behind him, first looking to the sergeant tasked with protecting him. "Sergeant Ivan, if you would be so kind as to escort Mr. Kestrel here to the medical pavilion and get him familiarized with the faculties, that would be most appreciated."

Turning to Aella, the captain continued. "Aella, go on down to the armory and see if they have any helmets your size. I need all staff combat ready, and brain damage tends to work against that mantra."

Lastly, the tercel riveted his gaze back on Shady. "As for you, Ms. Silhouette, I would like to discuss the terms of your commission in my office. I only need four ears hearing this discussion, so I prefer that you hold any questions until we are inside. Please, after you." said Kroll, nodding towards the exit of the meeting room.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:10 pm

Giving the newcomer one last looking over the Hunter turned and finished his tea. Under his cloak his talons slid free from their grip upon the lethal weapon he had secured, coming back round to once more grip the cup of tea he had yet to finish. T'would be rude to do anything less.

Upon finishing it the gryphon set his cup aside and once again rose to his full height. An offered bow of thanks was all he offered to both those present before he moved to stand next to Ivan. His hand had been accepted and now guided. All that was left was to put it all to work.

"Sergeant." Kestrel offered in greeting, a silent pressure pushing against the younger tercel so as to have him take the lead.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by PureWrath Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:33 pm

Ivan put his Blade away. "Yes Captain." He said proudly and without hesitation. Ivan Had no problem leading the way. "This way Mr. Kestrel" He said as he held the door open for the Griffon. He kept the folder with him to at least hopefully review it later. He found it odd that Knoll wanted to be alone...but Ivan was sure that he had his reasons. He just didn't like not being trusted but for all he knew it might not even be about that. It might of been just getting his visitors out instead.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:37 pm

Aella nodded and trotted off, looking over her shoulder warily at the batpony. All these new arrivals made her uncomfortable, feeling all too similar to seeing other gladiators before a big event. She couldnt escape the feeling that there would be bloodshed tonight.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:55 pm

Kestrel prowled forward after Ivan, passing through the door and into the hall beyond. Waiting patiently for Ivan to once again join him and take the lead. He could see a bit of emotion in the younger gryphons eyes, and tension in his muscles. Hmm nervous? No...not nervous. Conflicted. Perhaps about being asked to leave so his superior could talk.

The Hunter noted this but said nothing. There was little point in stirring up anything for simple sake of conformation in this matter.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:34 pm

A slow nod of her head confirmed Shady understood what she had been told, no words filtering from her muzzle for a long few moments. The black and red mare turned herself around and simply made her way for the door of the meeting hall.

Placing her hoof upon the handle, a hidden smirk appeared upon her face. Alright...time to see what kind of task I am to be given this time... If it's anything like the past, it's nothing to keep me interested in these empty-headed birds any longer. Opening the portal before her, she removed herself from the room as her thoughts continued to swirl about wildly in her mind; a turmoil that easily hid behind her calm and serious facade.

We'll just have to wait an see I suppose... I'm sorry mother...father... I never thought I would be thinking of such thoughts, but one can only be pushed so far into the dirt...
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:59 am

Kroll walked alongside Shady in silence, making use of the time to try and come up with how he was going to present his proposal to the batpony. Once they reached his office, the captain ushered the assassin inside, closing and locking the door behind them to ensure nobody would try to interrupt their conversation.

"Please, have a seat." said the tercel as he motioned to one of the two seats that were placed in front of his desk, slipping to his own chair behind desk, moving aside some of the larger stacks of paper so he could focus his attention on Shady.

"Because I don't want to waste any more time with the pleasantries, let me get to the point: these riots have been blazing on for four days now, and it doesn't look like it'll be winding down any time soon. Civilian blood's getting spilled, Council's breathing down my neck every second, and I already had to write twelve letters to some families why their son, daughter, or significant other will coming home to them in a box." Kroll paused to take a deep breath, massaging the bridge of his beak as he shook his head.

"The Council wants names, they want photos crossed out and heads on plates. And the half-wit enlisted members of the guard itching to 'get even' with the Equestrian populace of the city isn't helping. I'm not a fan of the concept of 'fight fire with fire', so I'm not asking you to kill anyone; that'll just make the rioters angrier. I need you to try and find any information about any organized attacks that are being planned. Solo acts can be dealt with, but there's no doubt in my mind that the local insurgency is using this riot as an opportunity to try and attack us while we're distracted.

If you can find out who sparked this firestorm and his or her location, that'd be icing on the cake. Hopefully they'd be willing to listen to diplomacy as opposed to violence, but I'm not optimistic on that working out too well." 

The captain paused as he leaned forward in his seat, looking Shady dead on. "I know you're used to assignments like these, but I didn't feel comfortable with letting you go in alone. Unfortunately, the other candidate I selected was reassigned to another duty, so you're all I got. This is an open invitation to make a difference from me to you; if you decline, I won't hold it against you. If you accept, I'll personally ensure that you are well-compensated for your services in addition to your standard pay, and make sure a QRF will be ready to assist you if things go pearshaped."

Kroll turned his head to look out the window of his office, watching a plume of black smoke drift into the sky in the distance. "So, what is it going to be, Ms. Silhouette?"
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:46 pm

Shady listened closely to the words of the griffon and her leader. Silence surrounded the black and red mare for some time before she finally spoke up. "I'll accept this task. Weed out who it was who may have started all of this and possibly weed out a resistance. Should be simple enough for the best you have." Her voice intentionally holding a tone of condescension and pride. "I'll make sure no more of your kind get carried back home on their shields."

Expression remaining unchanged from the soft half-frown she always wore upon her muzzle, more thoughts flowed through her mind. Well-compensated for my assistance...right. I know what that means. Closing her eyes in thought, the young mare remained in her place across the desk from the griffon. "Is there anything else I need to know, or will that be it?"
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by PureWrath Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:27 pm

Ivan walked along. "So, Mr. Kestrel I don't mean to pry or anything. But tell me a bit about yourself. I like learning about others. Besides it would be dull to not say anything on our walk." He smiled. He tried to forget about Knoll being alone but it still was there at the back of his head but he tried to carry on. There was no point and sulking about it like some hatchling. As he walked along he wondered how his comrades were doing with the riots.
Ivan didn't enjoy the prying eyes of the older griffon. Normally he had no issue with things like that, but something about him intimidated Ivan. He wasn't sure what but it was like some sort of aura that was around Kestrel that Ivan didn't like. So far Ivan had no reason not to like Kestrel, but he seemed different from most griffons that he met.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:08 am

Kroll leaned back in his chair and pulled open a drawer in his desk, fishing around for a moment before pulling out a modified blunderbluss pistol and setting it on Shady's end of the desk. "This is a signal flare." said the captain. "Burns a nice bright green, can be seen anywhere in the city, be it day or night. If you find yourself in too deep and need help, just fire this up into the sky. A Quick-Reaction Force will come to get you out."

The tercel paused for a moment to rub his eyes before returning his focus to the batpony. "Please don't think I'm doubting your skills by giving you this; you accepted this mission, so you're safety is my responsibility." Kroll leaned in close as he slid the flare gun closer to Shady. "Please don't make me write a letter to your family too." he said pleadingly.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:28 pm

Shady's eyes fell onto the pistol, taking the item and slipping it under her armor. "I'll do my best to not let you down. I've yet to fail a task I've been given, and I don't plan to now." Her voice was calm and confident to match her expression.

A small fanged smirk appeared upon her muzzle after a moment, looking right into the griffon's eyes. "Even if the worst happens, don't bother writing a letter. 'Live as a shadow, die as a shadow. Leave no body behind.' I'd rather disappear than be pitied."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:28 pm

Kestrel slowed his pace a bit as he mulled the question over. He was not one to ever reveal everything about himself to others. Especially not at random, there were some details however he was comfortable releasing. Simple things. Things most that knew him knew. 

"I own and operate a mortuary outside of town. My services include both rites for the dead and autopsies in the case of investigation." Kestrel toned serenely. Glancing ahead still. His peripheral vision still keeping a close watch on the gryphon next to  him. He could sense the young ones discomfort but gave no showing of this. Only the smile. That unsettling serene smile. "However, I can also care for the living. I was told of the riots by some recent clients. I came as soon as I could to offer my services to the city."
Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:23 am

Kroll nodded simply at the assassin's reply. "Very well, I'll keep that in mind." standing up from his chair, the captain walked around his desk to face Shady. "I wish you the best of luck in your assignment, Ms. Silhouette. You have my gratitude and respect for rising up to the challenge." he said. "I hope you make the right choices."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:54 am

Shady nodded her head slowly with her eyes never leaving the griffon in the room with her. "My choices are always the right ones, don't worry about anything." She replied in a calm tone of voice while preparing to leave the simple office. "Now, if I may be excused, I have some preparations to make for this assignment."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:00 am

Kroll nodded again. "Of course. We all have preparations to make. You are dismissed." he said with a wave of his claw before returning to his desk, organizing some of the documents that blanketed it  while muttering to himself about addressing a shortage of paperclips.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next