MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contingency [Riot Event: Open to Griffon Allies Only]

+2
PureWrath
Kroll
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Contingency [Riot Event: Open to Griffon Allies Only] - Page 2 Empty Re: Contingency [Riot Event: Open to Griffon Allies Only]

Post by Sassaflash Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:11 am

"Alright. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to take this mission, I won't let you down." The red-maned mare said calmly before making her way to the door and opening it up. Closing the door roughly behind her, she allowed her expression to break with a heavy sigh.
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Inventor and Engineer

Back to top Go down

Contingency [Riot Event: Open to Griffon Allies Only] - Page 2 Empty Re: Contingency [Riot Event: Open to Griffon Allies Only]

Post by PureWrath Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:09 am

Ivan looked over at the older griffon. He found Kestrel's occupation to be somewhat odd...But he felt as it could explain why he had a weird feeling around Kestrel. It did make sense that he would help with the riots, he did have a sort of medical training. Ivan somewhat doubted Kestrel's skills though. When was the last time he worked on a Living creature is what came to mind. But that would be too rude to say.
"Ah I see." Either way Kestrel's job still creeped him out a bit. "I've always been there for this city. unfortunately my comrades are quite cruel and heartless towards these equestrian's" He paused for a moment thinking what to say next he didn't want to sound like he doesn't uphold the law. But he rarely did to be quite honest.  "I try to be lenient and somewhat understanding of their plight. But they are under our law. Cruel or fair Law must be followed. unfortunately our grand history is quite plagued with cruelty and war it seems like that's all us griffons know anymore. To kill, to conquer and to take...What do you think?" He asked the older griffon.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffon
Profession: Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:52 am

Beneath the security of his robes and mask the eerie Hunter perked a brow. Now that was a dangerous question. Should someone of quick temper, or foul mood hear what was about to be said no doubt there would be a few cold glares shot the gryphons way.

"A dangerous question Sergeant." Kestrel said giving the Sergeant an unsettling calm, yet viciously sharp stare before he continued. He would tell this young one what he told all others who asked such things however. He hid much from the world, but his beliefs were worn for all to see. "We are Predators, Sergeant; hunters. To kill is in our nature. However a true predator does not do as we have done. Life should only be taken when absolutely necessary. For food, safety, and to preform our natural duty as Predators. Such is the way of the Balance. Sadly, many of our kind have long forgotten this." He was watching him now, judging him, seeing if Ivan's earlier words were true. 

Seeing what this youngling thought of his way.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Undertaker/Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post by PureWrath Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:32 pm

Ivan thought briefly on what kestrel said. "Hmm it's a different point of view. It's one thing to be a predator, I'm not afraid to kill or defend myself...but scaring these ponies or even their children to me seems wrong. Ponies without wings, broken horns, broken or scared limbs...it doesn't sit well with me. They are just civilians. Besides we might be predators but i think we have hit a certain point of evolution where we can be civil." Ivan sighed "maybe i'm just an optimist for a free world. These equestrians are slaves. Just like me and my comrades are. Not free to do what we want. Spend time with family or leave this place." He was worried about what the other griffon would say. "But i made my vows I sold myself to this life and i wont turn bad on my vows. I might have some debatably treasonous thoughts. But i do feel that i have a right to feel that way. My loyalty still lies with Captain Knoll and his superiors." Ivan did like sharing his ideology even if others might of seen it odd or wrong. "This lifestyle isn't natural so why should we act as natural predators this whole scenario is fabricated by others who chose this. Occupation of this city isn't natural." He ended off. He knew older griffons liked things the 'natural laws of nature' but he didnt think old laws like they applied anymore in the city.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:24 pm

"Such was my point, Sergeant. The Kingdoms long ago forgot nature and its place, we now see where it has gotten us." Kestrel said voice never once wavering. It seemed the youngling missed the message in the elder tercel's words. Just like so many of his kind did before him.

Sad, how quickly the so called 'traditional' kingdoms abandoned the Old Ways and let their children forget their origins, all for but a bit of profit and gain.

As to the other information revealed to him Kestrel could honestly say he was already well aware of the state of things. He'd seen what some of the guards did in their spare time. He'd even stopped a few when he dared, all while using his business to do what he could to atone for what the foolish and often foul gryphons in the guard did to the equines on the street. Amazing how much could be accomplished with but a spoken word.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by PureWrath Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:36 am

Ivan looked away. He felt a little ashamed that he didn't honestly know too much about his home land. He was a soldier in training for most of his life. "I'm sorry if I don't know much of our homelands ideology. Keep in mind me and my peers were basically bred and trained for this war. We are then generation that has a true bloodlust. Because that's all we know." Ivan sighed, there was no point and complaining. He knew he wouldn't get far with Kestrel. He was simply smarter then Ivan and knew more about all things griffon. Ivan felt like he should research more on his home even though he was interested in learning about the equestrians.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Kestrel nodded solemnly at that. Another thing he had noticed about these gryphons...just how little they really did know. Even in combat they were far from the most skilled. Troops were more 'produced' than trained. Like clockwork, cold, lifeless, and serving only a single purpose. 

To expect them to know all that the Hunter himself did was unfair, pointless even, and Kestrel knew this. He had spent his entire life watching and learning alongside all the fighting and training. When his talon was raised it struck with purpose but not without understanding.

"Knowledge exists all around us. One need only seek it out." Kestrel said, eyes now flicking forward once again. If the gryphon beside him was truly so curious, perhaps there was hope yet for this generation. A whisper at the back of his mind told the Hunter that he might be seeing the young one after this last contract passed.

Hopefully Ivan would be living when it happened.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by PureWrath Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:29 pm

Ivan sighed. "If only my comrades were half as curious and had any sort of thirst for knowledge. Besides they are all weak in comparison to me. Physically and mentally. I've at least know how to think for myself. I used to be a bodyguard for higher officers so i got some special treatment as far as combat goes." He paused for a moment. "I hope we meet again clearly there are plenty of things i can learn from you." They were getting close to their destination. He did feel a little warmer around the other griffon but still something about him still scared him. Maybe it was knowing that Kestrel knew much more then him. He still wasn't sure. He was a little happy that he would go back to what he was supposed to be doing. Maybe it was best go to the armoury first. Get himself ready for this riot.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:17 pm

Kestrel offered a nod at the younglings statement but then returned to his naturally serene silence. Gryphons were not known for their sense of smell, but the tercel could already smell the sickly tangy scent of anti-septic and bleach growing stronger.

They were close.

The gryphon steeled himself for what was to come, mind setting itself into a more task oriented state as he began to recall varying medical facts of both pony and gryphon. He'd need them to be on tap should the situation here be out of talon or as chaotic as he'd initially expected.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:43 am

Aella trotted back to Krolls office, her new-ish Galea's cheekplates rattling on their pins. She stopped to knock at the door before entering.

"Ready to work again sir." she said with a short bow. "Turn out the armoury officer is an... appreciator of gladiatorial spectacle sir, gave me something halfway decent from the refurbished stock... whatever that means"
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by PureWrath Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:19 am

Ivan walked to the doors of the infirmary. He hesitated when he wanted to push them open. He hoped that most of the beds were open and not many were seriously injured. He pushed them open slowly. He held the door open for Kestrel. Ivan tried to avoid lookin inside. "If you need anything else Mr. Kestrel let me know otherwise ill be off. I hope i get a chance to talk to you on better terms of course." He said calmly. He really wanted to get out of there. Ivan fought and saw these things before but he tried to limit how much he see's when he could. Besides he didn't like looking down at the injured. It was a weird thing of his. 
He wanted to get back to Knoll as quickly as he could. No point in waiting around when he could be reading those files that Knoll gave him. Along with setting up other plans. Ivan waited patiently for Kestrels response even though he wanted to get the heck out of that room as soon as he could.

PureWrath
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:30 am

Kroll looked up at Aella, nodding at the hen's new helmet. "Well, it certainly doesn't look like it was scraped from the bottom of the storage containers, that's for certain." he says with a tired smile as he gets up from his desk, stretching a little before approaching his associate, rubbing his forehead.

"Alright, I'm going to go get started on setting up the update center for the patrols out on the streets. Once that's good to go, I'll be leading a team to help with any of the more high-risk situations that may come up out there. If you want, you can help me out here, or you can be attached to a patrol. Which would you prefer?"
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession: Captain of the Guard
Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:36 am

Upon arriving Kestrel gave the infirmary a quick looking over. It seemed there were few in there at the moment, staff aside. On the one talon this was good as Kestrel had time to acquaint himself with the staff and procedure of the locale. On the other it could mean that there were no injured coming in, only dead.

He offered a polite bow to the younger gryphon and then stepped past the threshold. He had all he needed now and so the other was now free to return to duty elsewhere. Before he let the tercel go he had one last thing to say however.

"Be Keen and Strike True." 

As soon as the words rolled off his tongue the Hunter turned and began making his way towards the nearest nurse who, judging by her appearance, was rather confused as to what was happening.

"The Captain sent me. Show me to the wounded, that I may see them well again." With that the nurse gave a hesitant nod and guided the massive gryphon away. The time for talk was done now. The time for work had started and the Hunter was more than ready.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Me Gusta
Me Gusta

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Aella though for a moment before smiling at Kroll.

"Well, the last time I got attached to a squad I caught a brick with my head, so I think I'll stick with you sir"

The griffoness chuckled and rubbed at her collar absent mindedly before taking on a more serious look.

"Besides, cant let anything happen to you sir. This riot could provide all the opportunities that a guard under you might need to advance by dead tercels boots"
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:45 am

The captain raised an eyebrow at the hen. "I suppose you're right, but any of the griffons around here that would have the mind to replace me can barely tell a machete from a battleaxe, so I think I'll be relatively safe." Kroll said with a dry chuckle, pausing for a moment to collect himself before continuing.

"But you know...I do enjoy having you around, and to be honest, I would trust you more over that Sergeant Ivan fellow any day, no offense to him." he said with a dismissive shrug as he turned towards the door of his office, making his way out. "Now let's get moving. We've wasted enough time as it is."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:32 am

Aella smiled at Kroll and turned to follow him from the office.

"I... very much enjoy working with you sir"

The hen chuckled and rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly.

"Hopefully the guards haven't made things worse in your absence"
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:13 pm

Kroll groaned in annoyance and let his slack backwards. "I don't even want to think about what those meatheads could be doing while I'm gone. And what bothers me the most is that whenever they're doing stupid things, its almost always never the fun kind of stupid things like making an office chair slingshot with some of the extra bungee cables, or trolley jousting. No, its usually the stupid stuff like harassing civilians and hazing the Equestrian contractors who work here. Eighty percent of all that paperwork that piles up on my desk is because of those idiots, and whats so terrifying is about that is not counting repeat offenders, two-thirds of the entire guard are the issue! In fact, I bet that if we didn't have those bastards around, this riot wouldn't even be happening! Sure, the local 'rebellion' would still do protests or demonstrations, but I'm sure they wouldn't be so violent if the patrols weren't going around drowning their children and setting their stuff on fire."

The captain took a pause from his little rant, giving a tired look to the hen walking alongside him. "We're surrounded by idiots, Aella. Lethal, self-destructive idiots. Hell, if I was allowed to, I'd fire them and have them sent to the obsidian pits of the Hephestain Range, but the Council says that it 'wouldn't be good for logistics'. My ass." he scoffed.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:08 am

Aella shook her head sadly.

"The council are willing to spend who knows how much money to buy me, and bring in more bad soldiers, but cannot fathom the idea of sending anything away... I wonder if they are up to something..."
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:25 am

Kroll sighed. "Well, even if they are, there isn't a thing I can do about it. They have the final say around here, not me. Sure, I can reorganize the different units and what not or shuffle the squads and their patrol routes, but I'm not too sure how helpful that would be."

The captain stopped just short of the doorway to where the makeshift update center was being made. After straightening his armor and habitually checking to make sure that all he is gear was where it should be, the terecel took a deep breath. "Showtime." he muttered under his breath before striding into the room, watching as various workers bustled to and fro, carrying armfuls of folders and documents from area to the next.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:17 am

Aella trailed behind her handler, keeping a cautious eye on the surroundings just in case.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:45 am

Kroll moves about the update center, getting incoming news about the current condition of the city's districts and organizing different patrols and reactionary teams quarantine them. After a few hours had passed, the captain obtained debriefings from the returning patrols and adjusted the strategies for the new units that were about to be sent out accordingly. All further operations continued to go smoothly, with new information being sent out to those who needed it, and any rumors being investigated until they were acted upon or dismissed as fictitious. Yet despite the productivity of the update center, something deeply bothered the tercel in command.

Checking over a few spreadsheets, Kroll realized that among all the units that had reported back to him, the one that was sent to the Eastern Residential District had never returned when the others did. If they had been late by ten, fifteen, even thirty minutes, the captain would have understood, but as the hours went by, he grew more and more concerned, assuming the worst had happened.

After another hour had passed, the captain's worst fears were confirmed when two guards brought in a battered and bloodied tercel who claimed to be a part of the unit that had been dispatched to the Eastern Residential District, or at least, what was left of it. The wounded guard proceeded to tell Kroll about the abysmal state of the Eastern District, how parts of it had been set ablaze and that griffon civilians and soldiers alike were being brutally tortured by the rioters out in the streets. Once the wounded soldier had been taken away to the infirmary, the captain sunk into his seat at the update center, holding his head in his claws as he tried to think of a means to counteract the situation that was developing in the Eastern District.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:11 am

Aella felt something black in her guts as she heard of the cruelty of the ponies. There was no point to the suffering of the civilians, no reason why they should die in the ways they did. She turned to Kroll.

"Sir. I want to be part of any response in the east"
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:16 am

Kroll slowly raised his head up to meet the gaze of the hen before him, his amber-colored eyes shining dully with anger. Slowly rising up from his seat, the captain nodded at Aella's request. "Grab your gear and meet me in the briefing room." he said before turning to a passing worker. "Go to the barracks and notify QRF Team 4 to meet me in the briefing room in ten. I also want A mortar crew combat ready in fifteen minutes. Make it happen." he barked.

The worker nodded and quickly excused himself from the update center, not wanting to keep the captain waiting. "Keep all stations on alert and continue sifting incoming data. I want names and possible targets when I get back." Kroll ordered to the rest of the workers present before excusing himself, swiftly making his way back towards his office.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:22 pm

Aella moved off down towards the armoury to pick up her polearm, weaving between the griffons in the halls as fast as she could. To say that she was eager to crack some heads was an understatement.

The griffoness reported back to Krolls office a few minutes later, clutching her weapon of choice.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:46 am

The door to the captain's office was wide open for a change, and Kroll was standing in front of his window that overlooked Manehattan, dressed in his full combat gear as usual, sporting a new over-under-style longarm that was strapped across his back. With arms folded behind him, the tercel seemed to be staring listlessly at the black columns of smoke that were rising from the districts of the city.

He stayed this way for a few moments until Kroll leaned forward slightly, letting his head hit against the window pane with a muffled thump. From a distance, it looked as if the captain had merely fallen asleep, but upon closer inspection, it could be seen that his shoulders were convulsing ever so slightly as he wept in silence.
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:35 am

Aella paused at the door, watching Kroll carefully.

The job of captain was a difficult one, even if Kroll did his best not to show it. The strain must be getting to him.

The griffoness backtracked into the hallway as quietly as she could and returned in a much louder fashion, banging the end of her polearm against the wall once or twice as she moved for good measure.
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:28 am

Kroll heard someone noisily approaching his office and tried to regain his composure as fast as he could, rubbing and wiping at his face with hasty vigor. He was the Captain of the Guard. Nobody needed to see him like this, especially during such a chaotic time. As Aella knocked on his door, the captain had just managed to erase all the evidence of his tears, save for the dampness of the feathers beneath his eyes. Turning to face the hen standing in his doorway, the tercel nodded at her with a grunt. "Ready to go, Aella?"
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Aella Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:54 pm

Aella nodded eagerly, holding her polearm tight.

"Ready sir."
Aella
Aella
Trixie
Trixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kroll Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:16 am

Kroll nodded, grabbing his his helmet off his desk by its faceplate as he moved past Aella and out the door. "Then let's hop to. We have a riot to quell."
Kroll
Kroll
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment:
Back to top Go down

Post by Hijinks Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:34 am

((Okay, this looks done. I'm going to write a summary, send me a shout if you are still doing your griffony things here.))

-Summary-

Characters: Kroll, Aella, Kestrel, Ivan, Shady Silhouette

Summary: Kroll holds a meeting to determine how to respond to the riots. Ivan and Aella, along with other military griffons show up. Kestrel also shows up to lend his support. Shady, who had been hiding, sees the riots as a way to prove herself and offers her support as well. After the meeting, all the griffons and the pony get ready to deal with the riots.
Hijinks
Hijinks

Character sheet
Profession: Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2