MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Fresh off the Boat?" (Johan, Tesshu)

2 posters

Go down

"Fresh off the Boat?" (Johan, Tesshu) Empty "Fresh off the Boat?" (Johan, Tesshu)

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:03 am

December 17th
Port De'Luge
Johan's Office
(OoC: this thread takes place immediately after Rhena's departure to fetch the dragon, Chili.)

Johan gave a tired yawn beneath his mask after his trusted bodyguard left. It seemed that he had made a more than satisfactory choice in the griffoness; she had performed admirably in every assignment or suggestion Johan gave to her. She had earned Johan's trust. Of course, she had kept that since they were but cubs, playing in either the Haldenschloss or her family's villa in Aquillia...

Knocking at Johan's door halted his reminiscing, and Johan stood from his desk. Moving towards the door as his prosthetic legs and arm clattered, the griffon gave a beleaguered sigh as he opened it. "Yes, what is it?"

The being who was knocking was a private assigned to De'Luge; she was used as the fort's "desk jockey", getting food, giving messages, and hauling things to-and-fro. However, Johan had taken the griffoness under his... well, nonexistent wing, and was ensuring she was on the fast-track to a cushy office position.

The griffoness, giving a busy smile of greeting as she saw Johan, searched through the large stack of letters, memos, and papers underneath an arm. "Uh, Colonel Tercel, sir, I have the list of recently transferred personnel for you here, if I could just find it-" Giving a determined look to the papers, she searched for several moments until she found what she was looking for. 

"...A-ha! Here we are. The quartermaster told me to send this to you right away, so... here it is, sir!" Passing the aforementioned list to the Colonel, the griffoness stood on her hind-legs and gave a quick salute to her superior. "Take care, sir!" In a whirlwind of papers and padding footpaws, she was gone to the next mail recipient.

Smiling at the event, Johan walked back to his desk and read the paper absentmindedly. No-one especially notable, except for a name at the bottom of the list...

"A war-hero, eh? And he served in Ponyville, as well. This Captain Tesshu seems like a griffon I should make an acquaintance of." Clicking his beak, the griffon sat down in his leather chair with an "oof". Nodding at the ever-present Granitz, the colonel gave instructions. "Send a message to the Quartermaster; tell him that I would like to see Captain Tesshu here within the hour." 

The diamond dog gave a smile and nodded. "Very good, Herr Tercel. Shall I fetch some wines and food from the larder as well?" Returning a nod, the masked griffon have a smile invisibly beneath his mask. 

"Yes, some Halden Red should do marvelously, and some simple food should suffice to a fellow officer, especially one as decorated as the good Captain. In any case, you are dismissed Granitz." 

-----

Granitz would go and inform the Quartermaster that Colonel Johan Tercel would like for the recently-transferred Captain Tesshu to meet him at his office. The Quartermaster informed Granitz of the Captain's general location, in the Officer's Barracks, and the diamond dog left to grab the soldier. The wine and food, most importantly, was sent up to Johan's office first thing. A servant had expectations, after all!

After the diamond dog made his way to the Barracks, he began asking around. "Has anyone seen Captain Tesshu? Captain Tesshu?" He would continue to look for the griffon for as long as it took.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffonic Army
Profession: Colonel
Back to top Go down

"Fresh off the Boat?" (Johan, Tesshu) Empty Re: "Fresh off the Boat?" (Johan, Tesshu)

Post by Tesshu Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:19 pm

Above the concrete facility is a layer of cloud with a few sunbeams piercing through. A griffon was currently sitting on one of clouds, that was closest to the compound. This griffon was known as Captain Tesshu, his eyes half-open, looking slightly downward and his breath was steady. His Divine Wind was strapped firmly to his side and has his bag on his other side that contains currency and military documents about himself. His necklace hangs around is neck just as firm. As of right now he is simply meditating to pass the time because he disliked the smell of the barracks, so he simply flew to a cloud to calm himself. 

He loved meditation for he was aware of what was around him, the winter winds brushing against his long fur and the warmth from the sun. After a few moments of emptiness he came back to his "physical" senses. He gave a yawn as he stretch his wings, letting the cold winds flow among his feathers. It was a pleasant feeling for it reminded him of home. 

He looked down at the compound just in time to see a brindle Diamond Dog in a traditional Halden Duchy servant's uniform walk into the barracks. Thinking it might be of some importance and curiosity he glided down to the ground quickly and went into the barracks. As he entered his ears perked up as the Diamond Dog spoke out his name. With a kind smile that was rare in the barracks he walked up to him and spoke politely. "My name is Tesshu, how can I help you?"
Tesshu
Tesshu

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffon Army
Profession: Griffon Captian

Back to top Go down

"Fresh off the Boat?" (Johan, Tesshu) Empty Re: "Fresh off the Boat?" (Johan, Tesshu)

Post by Johan Tercel Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:24 am

Granitz watched as the griffon glided down from the nearby cloud and introduced himself. With unusual colouration and what appeared to be a pegasus feather about his neck (a trophy perhaps?) he was an... eccentric sight, to say the least. 

Giving a bow, Granitz began speaking. "Hello, Herr Tesshu. My master, Colonel Tercel, bid me to bring your noble self to his office."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tesshu Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:20 am

Tesshu nodded slightly before replying. "Then it would be an honor for you to lead me to his office."
Tesshu
Tesshu

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:39 pm

Granitz beckoned for the officer to follow him, and would lead him to the solid fortification that was De'Luge. With an almost uncanny sense of direction, the servant would arrive to a solid oak door, located deep in the fort. Giving a knock, the dog held a paw to get the griffon's attention.

"Herr Tesshu, I warn you, my master is... very different than what you may be used to. Please mind your manner about him."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tesshu Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:22 pm

After some trek following the Diamond dog deep into the fort he stopped at the oak door when the Diamond Dog spoke to him about showing respect. Tesshu nodded again before replying to him. "I assure you I will give him the proper respect." Tesshu spoke with an reassuring smile as his tail flickered a bit. He saw Colonel Tercel name on a few reports but he can not recall the details about it. From the gossip that he overheard from the barracks, the Colonel apparently was a powerful figure. But nevertheless he must be respectful to all his superiors because he was still an honorable warrior in the army.

Tesshu tail twitch again as a question pop up in his head. He looked over to the dog and spoke politely. "I believe I never gotten your name?"
Tesshu
Tesshu

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:48 am

Granitz gave a smile. "I am sorry, but I am just a humble servant. Names are unimportant and unnecessary in the day to day work, Herr Tesshu." Opening the door, Granitz smiled reassuringly and beckoned the griffon to enter.

Inside, Colonel Johan Tercel, commanding officer at Port De'Luge, was sitting at his desk. Made of notoriously expensive Halden pine, it had spread out on it numerous reports of expenses, troop lists, and letters. However, most eyes would not be drawn to the many papers on its surface; instead, their eyes would see the metal helm on the desk, with amber lenses looking balefully at all who entered.

Its owner was no better; with a form-fitting leather mask, no feature of his face could be discerned. A breathing tube, linked to filters in his metal chestplate, hissed quietly, contantly providing air to the crippled griffon. Now wings, had he, only the barest hint of scar tissue indicated that at one point he had even owned the limbs that are most precious to a griffon. Simple prosthetic limbs replaced his legs and right arm, and only his left arm was still a living, moving limb.

The colonel brought his arms up and beckoned the red griffon to sit in a nearby chair. Amber lensed eyes, just like on the helmet, regarded the griffon coolly.

When his voice rang out, muffled by his airtight mask, it seemed to counter everything the griffon appeared to be. Noble and cultured, it had a hint of genuine warmth and hospitality in it.

"Greetings, Captain. Please, take a seat, I have been wanting to meet you for a long while."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tesshu Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:43 pm

Tesshu wanted to object but thought against it out of respect. He walked through the door and his eyes fell on an metal clad griffin at a desk that was made out of Halden pine. It was a intimidating sight at first but he gave a ghost of a smile as he heard the culture and nobility in his voice. Tesshu took to take the seat that the colonel offered and gave a bow of his head. 

"Well met Colonel, It is a honor to meet you." Tesshu spoke firmly but respectably, even thought the Colonel may have different views or any other higher superior for that matter he would still give them respect.
Tesshu
Tesshu

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:55 pm

The crippled griffon waved his hand downward, seemingly waving Tesshu's respect away. "Please, Captain, the honour is all mine! It isn't every day we have an esteemed war hero visit this fair city, especially one such as yourself, Captain Tesshu."

Giving an invisible smile beneath his leather mask, the griffon continued. "I like keeping tabs on the soldiers here, but your name caught my eye. You're special, compared to most of the other officers here... you have initiative, Captain."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tesshu Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:56 pm

Tesshu gave a slight frown when the Colonel referred the city as "fair" when there are many signs that is not the case. But he did not want to make the conversation sour just yet. Nonetheless he gave a small chuckle of being called a war hero. "I may have achieved many things during the war but I am just glad I was as you said...initiative." Tesshu mind wonder back to the siege of Ponyville, the sound of rasping steel and cries of valor echoed in his mind. Images of the battle flickered across his vision. It was a heavy day and he would be lying if he said it did not took a tool. He had to keep his men in good morals and secure the town when he won. But in the end he is glad that it was him who did it. 

"I fought for many things Colonel, the reason I was initiative is because of those things. I fought for our kingdom yes, but I mostly fought for our ancestors in the Beyond and my family way of life." Tesshu spoke proudly but humbly, this is mostly due to his Northr Tribe background.
Tesshu
Tesshu

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:18 pm

Johan nodded silently in response, mentally digesting Tesshu's unique manner of speaking. After several moments, the armoured griffon gave a tact, respectful response.

"Personal glory is a powerful thing, Captain, especially for a griffon as spiritual as yourself. There is no shame in making your ancestors proud."

Johan gave a small chuckle afterwards, before continuing. "However, I think you misunderstood what I meant by 'initiative'. You see... you're a 'go-getter', Captain. You get things done professionally, and above all, quickly. As well, I can trust a griffon like you; you care about the troops under your command. Something all-too-rare in this day and age, I find."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tesshu Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:47 pm

An spark of warmth filled his chest from the Colonel response. It felt good hearing that he cared about his troops since it felt like he achieved something because he trained his men the way of the warrior so they can be true warriors, not like the savage barbarians that most of the army seemed to be filled of. An small smile appeared on his beak before he replied. "It is nice to hear that Colonel, I find it an disgrace that a small number of griffon care about their troops." Tesshu spoke the last bit a bit bitterly as he recall the days where he read the reports of other battlefields where the griffon troops were nothing more then cannon fodder.
Tesshu
Tesshu

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:15 am

Johan nodded slightly at Tesshu's statement. Yes... it's a disgrace, make no mistake... but war is war, and sacrifices have had to be made. As he thought quietly, the armoured griffon felt a slight twinge in his chest as his lungs threatened to cough. Sacrifices have had to be made...

Realizing his rudeness towards his guest, Johan gave a slight cough. "I'm sorry, Captain, sometimes I... 'phase out', as it were. Please, forgive me. In any case, I agree wholeheartedly with your statement. The Kingdoms needs sympathetic officers, Captain. Officers like yourself."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tesshu Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:53 pm

Tesshu's golden eyes grew distant as he gave an soft chuckle. "There is no need to apologize Colonel. You know, the funny thing about this is if it weren't for an life changing event 18 years ago I would have been the same as everyone else. Hot headed and an warrior spirit that thirsts for bloodshed." He could remember that day clear as day, Clear azure sky and the sun casting the mountain below him to sparkle. The sound of thunder came from the south horizon and what followed was an magnificent wave of vibrant colors of the rainbow that rushed over him. 

His eyes refocused on the Colonel before speaking again. "If it weren't for my clan I would never have learned the way of life and the warrior. I have changed a lot before the war and I believe it was my ancestors in the beyond helping me prepare for the times ahead." Tesshu gave an small smile as he spoke again. "I am thankful for many things in my life and many things took part in making for who I am today."
Tesshu
Tesshu

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:26 pm

Johan went silent for a moment, digesting Tesshu's words. "I know life changing events very well, Captain... so I believe you." Getting back to his former self, the griffon gave a chuckle. "So I know the power of these epiphanies. They can be a powerful thing."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tesshu Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:13 pm

Tesshu smiled in agreement before he spoke. "Indeed they are Colonel." It still amaze him to this day, how an single spiritual flash changed how he viewed himself and the world. How he went to training on the mountain top to learning from monks in the Temple of Athena. His mind wander a bit, not knowing what else to say. The Colonel seemed like a good griffon so far and so has the conversation. His features harden a bit as an question came to his head. Tesshu golden eyes locked on the armored griffon and spoke in a gentle manner. "Forgive me if this sounds personal Colonel, but I was wondering what you thought about the war?" It made him a bit unease asking this since many do not like talking about the war, but Tesshu wanted to know what the Colonel Thought about the war.
Tesshu
Tesshu

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Johan gave a sigh and closed his eyes, choosing not to remember the details of that blasted war, the things he had done to save his people.

Grimacing between his mask, Johan looked at Tesshu and began speaking with a tired cast to his voice. "The war... I thought that it was necessary. Without the rich fertile lands of Equestria, I doubt the Kingdoms would have survived for another generation. I am sure you remember the riots, the famines..."

Giving a humourless chuckle, the griffon continued looking at Tesshu. "If you're leading this to 'Did I do horrible things during the war', the answer is... yes, Captain. And I'm treated as a war hero because of my actions."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tesshu Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:11 am

"I did not mean anything by it, was simply curious. We all have done things and I know that. Sorry I brought it up." Tesshu gave a small sigh as he look at the walls of the office. "So, is there anything you wish to know about me?" He spoke with genuine interest.
Tesshu
Tesshu

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down