MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discordance City

3 posters

Go down

Discordance City Empty Discordance City

Post by Atriark Sun May 04, 2014 7:23 am

Welcome, my friends, to Discordance City, the hottest destination since Rarity took Manehattan! While every pony tries to gain access to this illustrious city, the benevolent overlord of Equestria has made a proposal to his citizens. "A lucky few of you will be invited into my city. But sight seeing will not be on the agenda. No, something more interesting-- for me at least. My lucky citizens I have decided to invite are here for one purpose. Be the last one standing and you get one wish granted by yours truly. And I promise that whatever they wish for, I will grant."

The Setting

Discord triumphed over the Mane Six. With the Elements of Harmony out of the way, he proceeded to take over the rest of Equestria and beyond, with Ponyville becoming the Chaos Capital of the World. But, without opposition, the draconequuis eventually grew bored of unbridled chaos and sought to liven thing up. So, he built a city of his own and invited ponies from different walks of life to his city to compete in a fighting tournament. And, as a reward, whomever won would get one, unrestricted wish from the master of chaos.

General Premise

The roleplay will be divided into rounds, starting with a pre-round where player-characters are introduced, and players will get a chance to establish their characters a bit. After the pre-round, the names of the characters are randomly paired up in a random arena where they will fight. The fighting will be done by each player a version of the two characters encounter. The two submissions don’t need to match, and can and will play out completely differently to each other. Have some fun with it.

Each player will have an aloted time to write up their version of the fight. Once the submission period is over, the members of the forum will be given the chance to anonymously vote on which version they like more, and the winner’s version will become canon in the growing story, an the character who won will progress into the next round.

Rules

The main rules of the forum here still apply, the rules specific to the main roleplay don’t.

Entries

Your entry needs to involve your character facing off with your assigned opponent’s character. How you win is up to you, write out how you imagine events going. All entries must be a thousand words minimum.

Voting

Voting is done with a forum based poll system, in which votes are done anonymously. Vote for whichever entry you wish to, for whatever reason. Though please try to keep your reason related to the entries, characters and their story, and not to out of game reasons, such as voting for a someone because they are a close friend.

And Remember

Have fun!

Your Character

Currently each participant is allowed to enter only one character. This character can be one of your current characters in the main roleplay, or a new character altogether. Since this is an alternate dimension, if you use one of your characters from the main roleplay they don’t have to be exactly the same. Remember, in this dimension, Discord won and has been tormenting the world for many years.

Characters do not need to be okayed for use in this, but we coloured names reserve the right to veto any character we think has inappropriate content. Power level is up to you, but your character must be beatable, and be aware, people are a lot less likely to vote for a character who doesn’t have to struggle and fight for victory. Reading about someone easily winning every fight and being completely awesome is not terribly interesting, whereas someone beating the odds and defeating a powerful foe who outmatches them is a staple of stories and more likely to garner votes.

There is a profile below to fill out for your character. When you fill it out, try to include what your character is capable of in a fight. If your character has an ace up their sleeve, but you don’t list it, and your opponent’s story wins, then you can’t blame them for not knowing and it never coming out.

One last thing, this is a pony roleplay, so make your character appropriate for this, being a human cyborg ninja with lasers out to get revenge on his lord for murdering his wife and children might be awesome, but it doesn’t really fit. At the very least make it a pegasus.

The City

In game, when a new day begins, arrows appear on walls and floors, pointing the general direction of your opponent. They don’t reveal specific locations, so ambushes are possible, just the vague area. As soon as the two are in the same general area, the arrows fade away.

Weather is erratic in the city, sections can experience almost any weather condition without notice. Feel free to use unusual or extreme weather in your submissions, but keep in mind this is localised to your two character’s areas.

The city is a steamtech age city, with steam pipes, cogs and gears on machines, and items and weapons of that style in certain places inside it. It also has a running water system, with taps, but for some reason a lot of them produce only sludge.

There is an automated train system that runs throughout the city, speeding up travel and providing the occasional background whistling toot.

Character Profile

Name:
Race:

Physical Description:

Personality:

Talent:

Fighting Style:

Bio:

Why people should follow this character:

If you have any questions, or if I have made something unclear please let me know below. Oh and sign up below as well.
Atriark
Atriark
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Discordance City Empty Re: Discordance City

Post by Lance Fri May 09, 2014 7:57 am

((Question; in these... battles... are they fights to te death, or just until Discord somehow or another decides enough is enough?))

Name: Scintillance DiCanterlot Charmer
Race: Unicorn

Physical Description:

Personality:

Talent:

Fighting Style:

Bio:

Why people should follow this character:
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet
Alignment: Does not like Griffins
Profession: Conjurer/Poet/Assistant at tje Magic Eye store

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Wed May 21, 2014 11:18 pm

I'd like to express an interest in joining the Discordance City RP.
I... don't have a character to enter yet, but I'll make one when I can, and I'll edit this post to include it then.

Also, in addition to Lance's question, may I ask what the section about 'Why people should follow this character' is for?
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment: Undecided
Profession: Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu May 22, 2014 1:40 am

actually I can answer that, Tay. how it goes is, you are your paired opponent need to write out your own version of how the fight would play out, and the community votes on who they think should win the fight. based one that vote, we decide which version of the fight plays out. ergo; if people don't wanna follow your character, you're probably going to die in the first round, or something along those lines.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet
Alignment: Does not like Griffins
Profession: Conjurer/Poet/Assistant at tje Magic Eye store

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down