MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandatory City Meeting [MANDATORY FOR ALL][Closed] (Dated)

+17
Rationale
Whiteout
Iris Hawkeye
Shady Silhouette
Tisis Antony
Steel Strike
Sassaflash
Static Shock
Freyia
Johan Tercel
Double Edge
Thorin
Tayari
Maya Blackwing
Sten Softclaw
Grayscale
Commander Feliks
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mandatory City Meeting [MANDATORY FOR ALL][Closed] (Dated) Empty Mandatory City Meeting [MANDATORY FOR ALL][Closed] (Dated)

Post by Commander Feliks Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:42 pm

Oct 29, Year 4

Downtown, right at the top of the stairs up to the ruined City Hall building now used as the Griffon Army's city Head Quarters, stood a wooden podium. All around it were griffon soldiers, clad in shimmering, golden armor and armed with spears. At the base of the stairs were concrete barricades to disallow any ponies from getting a little too close. A small crowd had already began to gather, as it was nearly time for the mandatory city meeting that had been discussed all week long. A slight drizzle had began to fall to the surface, and the dark, churning clouds of a downpour loomed overhead; blocking out the sun, and threatening to drench the world below and its petty disagreements. The guards seemed surprisingly calm for the size of the crowd which was due to gather, they were confident and proud; unafraid of the meager ponies and their blight to supplant them. At the roof of the City Hall, several soldiers wielding crossbows could be seen watching over the crowd with lifeless, predatory eyes. Overhead several soldiers circled about, patrolling the air space and watching below.

Ponies and every creature otherwise who lived in the city gathered about at the base of the stairs before the barricades, chattering and conversing, curious about what would be happening. Some kind of meeting, was the big buzz... But a meeting about what? Was the question.
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Mandatory City Meeting [MANDATORY FOR ALL][Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: Mandatory City Meeting [MANDATORY FOR ALL][Closed] (Dated)

Post by Grayscale Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:51 pm

Jack arrives at the City Hall.A little group of ponies are already waiting. He heard about the meeting at one of his shopping trips. Everypony is curious about the meeting. "I wonder what it'll about." he mumbles to himself.
Grayscale
Grayscale
Pie
Pie

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel
Profession: Farmer

Back to top Go down

Mandatory City Meeting [MANDATORY FOR ALL][Closed] (Dated) Empty Re: Mandatory City Meeting [MANDATORY FOR ALL][Closed] (Dated)

Post by Sten Softclaw Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:04 pm

Sten hadn't been chosen to be one of the gleaming-gold guards, although he was quite alright with that. He was still on the right side of the barricades, mind, which was a mercy. The other side was full of suspicious stares and enmity, and beign right up against the barricades, he was rather closer than he'd have liked. That was something he really didn't need this time in the afternoon.
Another thing he didn't need was the rain, but there was no helping that. Maybe if the scrubs on the weather team...
Anyway, third thing he didn't need? Mystery. No one had told him what the meeting was about. Which, you know, would have been fine, if it didn't demonstrate to him a distinct lack of faith from his higher-ups. But there was no helping that either. He sighed and pushed away a pony who was getting too close.
Sten Softclaw
Sten Softclaw
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession: Soldier/cook

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Blackwing Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Maya was walking down the street, when she suddenly noticed a crowd was forming at the cityhall. I wonder what is happening there. maybe it has to do with the big military appearance. she looked at all those griffons wich were stationed everywhere in the town.
Maya Blackwing
Maya Blackwing
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayari Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:59 pm

Tayari approached the City Hall slowly, feeling extremely nervous, an obvious fact to observers. 'What's this about? Can't be good, can't possibly be good, they'd have said what it was about,' Tayari thought. It didn't help his nerves that his lack of information meant he couldn't comfort himself with escape plans, strategies, or protection.
Taking a breath to calm himself, Tayari thought, 'I just hope it's nothing too bad. I really... I hope it's nothing to be worried about.'
Tayari
Tayari
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment: Undecided
Profession: Alchemist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:29 pm

Thorin stood by the sidelines, weaing armour beneath a raincloak and carrying his supplies for the almost inevitable riot and the resultant casualties.
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral, leaning to Guerilla
Profession: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:27 pm

Double Edge stood in one of the many alleyways that opened up into City Hall. Ponies, and gryphons alike were gathering around the building. Double couldn't fathom why, but at this point the only thing that he knew was that something getting this much attention would have to be important. Especially with all the ponies he saw. The gryphons usually got nervous when ponies gathered in large groups.

Seeing the shadow of a gryphon fly by, Double took cover behind a nearby dumpster, hoping the creature hadn't seen him. As the shadow passed, the unicorn went back to where he was. This must be important if gryphons were patrolling...but what?
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:00 pm

Zweihander was observing the meeting below. After the events in the Eastern Residential District, he decided that being discreet and unobservable was a good call. After all, cannibalism was strongly frowned upon. He shuddered. No matter what, Vengenace always left only memories of what he has eaten, never his thought processes, or motives. Only the devoured. Zwei adjusted a strap in his custom made battle armor. Encasing his entire body, it was a rusty red, with a nondescript tan cloak covering where the armor could not. Putting down his visor, Zweihander viewed the world through slits. A smooth, standard issue sallet helm, it was well-worn, with a red crest at the top. If the ponies attacked his higher ups... Zweihander would have to act.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffonic Army
Profession: Colonel
Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:03 pm

Freyia walked up to the crowd and remained in the back, her cloak trying pathetically to hide her armor. She didn't want to be here, she already knew what was going to be told, but she figured she better come just in case.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet
Alignment: Loyalist
Profession: Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:09 pm

Double turned to see the zebra from Undermarket, Zuberi. "No, I haven't seen much of anything so far. Just a lot of guards, and a lot of ponies gathering around. Also haven't heard much other than whatever it is, its supposedly important." Looking over the zebra, he didn't see any bulge or such, hinting at the crossbow the zebra usually toted with him. This didn't make Edge feel any better. Then again, during the day things were typically hard to hide, especially weapons. But if whatever this was simply turned out to be some sort of trap....a weapon of some kind would be nice. "I'll keep looking though. What about yourself? You have any idea what all this could be?"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Static Shock Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:16 pm

A flash of light shone through the cracks of the dumpster by Double Edge and Zuberi, and Static Shock suddenly poked her head out of the metal container. "I think I picked a bad place to teleport into... There's bones of /something/ in here. Oh hey, Zub!" She cried upon seeing the zebra. "So, what's going out out here? I couldn't find anything out."
Static Shock
Static Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassaflash Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:24 pm

Megabyte pushed her way towards the center of the crowd that had formed in front of city hall. She may be a little off her nut, but she knew standing out in the open with so many griffon guards about would be suicide after the possible reputation she had gained in their organization despite her best efforts to lay low. Misfortune seemed to follow her every time she went out into the streets.

"I wonder what all of this is about... must be pretty important." She said under her breath while trying to keep from bumping into any of the ponies around her. "I just want to get back inside... Though I doubt they'd make a scene with so many other ponies around."
Sassaflash
Sassaflash
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebels
Profession: Inventor and Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:42 pm

Steel stayed behind in the crowd. He didn't want to draw too much attention to himself. He hoped his note to the griffon had been enough, and that he'd be sane enough to understand the reprrecussions. A return to his shop showed no griffons or griffon symbol, so he assumed that at most he would be being watched, but not officially on any hit list. He looked in the crowd, and saw Mega up and center. She must be insane. he thought, worried. He didn't see Rationale or Grayscale, but he could spot Mega in a crowd. She was easily spotted for more reasons then one. He wondered what this meetings about. It was probably an increase in security or something. With all the rebels running around, he could see why, though business would get much more difficult to come by. As long as they don't get to her, I'll should be fine. he thought, then facehoofed. What have I done...
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet
Profession: Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:21 am

A black griffin in a cloak sided up to Zwaehander, having flown up some time before at the intended point. "The Prudentate is very upset about your recent indiscretions," the figure said, not turning his head. "The Prudentate wishes to know if our previous arrangement is still in effect, or if you have reneged on our agreement."

"The Prudentate is concerned for your well being. You have been a good asset to us before, but we need to know if there is anything we can do to prevent so much... carnage. We have disposed of the witness we could find, and are confident that we can do it again; but too much of this bloodshed becomes difficult to manage on the Prudentate's schedule."

Last edited by Tisis Antony on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffin Kingdom
Profession: Intelligence Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:30 am

Zweihander casts an aside glance at the black griffon. Being a Centurion of the Prudentate is a crushing job, involving command words to keep his insane persona, "Vengeance" down. Speaking in Southern Griffon sign language to the intelligent griffon, Zweihander replied.

"I understand Praetor. I was, unfortunately, unable to aquire the Pegasus, Megabyte Stream. A well-known thief, Iris, stole my sword. Vengeance was brought out. I could not control myself, and several ponies were harmed, as well as the two griffons. I trust you gave their families my pay as recompense for my horrific actions?" Zweihander failed to mention the smith in his dialogue, or that the ponies that were present from the incident were here now in the town square. Stretching his neck, and keeping his helm down, he awaited his contacts reply.

Last edited by Zweihander on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 am

(((For clarity, this is the Praetor, not the Prudentate. His Character sheet is in the registration section)))

The Praetor was silent as Zweihander signed his acknowledgements, and then his question. The Praetor nodded as the last sign registered, and replied.

"I cannot ascertain the nature of the recompense. That is for the Prudentate to decide. If you desire to see him, he will be in his office today. I am sure that he will be able to discuss the issue with you." The Praetor sighed, and turned his head to bring his emphasis forward. "What I am referring too, is whether or not you will be able to finish the terms of your contract or not. The Pegasus has proven very difficult to capture, and we need her for interrogation. But now is not the time to speak of this. The room is getting crowded, and I have business to finish before the speech begins."
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:41 am

Shady slowly approached the back end of the crowd, giving her best curious expression despite having known it was coming for some time. She moved up next to the unicorn known as Steel Strike, glancing over the crowd a bit to see the podium. After a moment, the mare glanced towards Strike and held back a grin once she found him to be the owner of the smith shop she had heard so much about from the griffons. She gave him a slight nudge to get his attention. "Hey buddy, do you know what's going on here?" She asked simply in hopes of starting up a conversation with her mark.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffons
Profession: Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Hawkeye Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:41 am

Iris Hawkeye remain bedridden in the clocktower. She wouldn't attend the meeting even if she could make her way out of the tower. She loathes herself and the fact that she can't raid everypony's belongings while they are at the 'mandatory meeting'.

Last edited by Iris Hawkeye on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Iris Hawkeye
Iris Hawkeye
Ursa Minor
Ursa Minor

Character sheet
Alignment: Unaligned
Profession: None

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiteout Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:49 am

Whiteout liked to keep her presence hidden, on a high rafter in city hall sat the snow white griffon, she found a section of lose shingles in the roof to pull open and get in, she stays silent as she waits for whatever is about to happen.
Whiteout
Whiteout
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thatrpgroup

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:53 am

Steel had been so distracted by his own thoughts he hardly noticed the red maned mare approached him.

"Hey buddy, do you know what's going on here?" she asked.

He looked to the mare. She seemed just as clueless as he was. "If I had to take a shot at it, I'd say security increase. Though to be honest, I have no clue." he said plainly. He wondered why the mare had asked him, but he quickly shook his paranoia off. He didn't want to let paranoia make him look like a rebel, more so then he already looked like.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:55 am

The black griffin maneuvered down to the growing crowd, making his way to the Pegasus whose appearance he had memorized. The old one- the mnemonic tool he had used to remember her profile. As he approached Freyia, he made an attempt to distill her demeanor. Finally, he surrendered his attempts, and decided to make contact.

"Ms. Freyia, I presume? Are you here with someone?"

Last edited by Tisis Antony on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:58 am

Bowing his armored head, Zweihander gave his organizations formal farewell. Giving the exaggerated bow, with a serpentine hand movement. If he could talk, it would be accompanied by a "Vale".
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:02 am

Shady hummed quietly to herslef as she eyed Steel slightly before turning her gaze back ahead towards the podium. "Must be because of all of the recent happenings. Only makes sense." She replied cooly, making sure to make the addition of the topic subtle. "I've only heard some hearsay myself. You're that smith from downtown, right? I bet you hear a lot of stories from your customers."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:03 am

Freyia did not need to look right at the griffon, she could tell the important features just from him walking up.

"I am, and no." Was all she said to him. All she cared to say to him, but to disrespect a griffon was something she would not do. Something she almost was incapable of doing.

But that doesn't mean she couldn't resent them.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:07 am

The griffin nodded his respects. "I know we have not met, but my employer knows much about you, and would be pleased if you would seek him out after this meeting. It isn't urgent, but you will be finely compensated for your hassle, even if you do choose not to follow through with his request."

To make his point, the Praetor pushed forwards a scroll and small bag from his cloak. "The proper paperwork is all there, and some cash for your trouble. But before I leave you to your thoughts, there is a questions I must ask you."
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:09 am

Freyia was now curious.

She looked at the items then at the griffon, "What question?"
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:10 am

The same red mare began to ask more about him, casually.

"Must be because of all of the recent happenings. Only makes sense." she said before adding "I've only heard some hearsay myself. You're that smith from downtown, right? I bet you hear a lot of stories from your customers."

"Am I getting that popular?" he asked with a chuckle, and turned back to the podium. "I've heard the rebels were becoming more active. However, I have yet to see it. If they are more active, they aren't doing it very openly." he replied. Although his recent adventures had upped respect for the rebels, he still had little evidence to support them. Although Mega was certainly a strong factor. "As for my customers, you'd be surprised who comes in."
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:12 am

"A fine specimen as yourself, must've found it very difficult to live in Griffin society in the times leading up to the war. How did you endure the hardships?"

The Praetor's face steeled over. "The times were harsh for us Griffins- I can't imagine what it was like for an Equine as yourself."
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:17 am

"I've just passed by your shop a few times, not much to do besides wander around these days it seems." Shady replied, able to expertly hide the grin that wanted to come onto her face once she found out he did indeed seem to know at least something about the rebels. "I bet all kinds of ponies and griffons appear through your door quite often. Being the only craftspony available for many must make sure you sell a lot of things though."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:21 am

Freyia looked him square in the eye, her voice monotone, "Because I am beautiful. Something your kind knows very little about any more." She took the items and turned away.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:24 am

The Praetor took the brusque attitude as a signal to leave. Taking off in several wing flaps, he landed up in the rafters nearest his final contact. "Ms. Whiteout- I take it that the winds have been in your favor as always?"
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:26 am

"Griffons not so much. I did have a Pegasus coming in asking for a shield. We met on a previous occasion, and she wanted to see my craft work. After some hours of measurements and working the forge, she got a shield with a nice design on the front. Wouldn't you believe it was the first shield I'd made in four years?" he said with a laugh at the end. He didn't discuss his customers often, but he did remember the few who managed to leave an imprint. "As for many ponies needing me.." he shrugged "Not really. It's not like I can craft weapons and armour much anymore. Mostly tools, and repairs. I get a request for certain devices at times, but nothing illegal." he said, thinking back to Mega asking for parts, along with Mercy Heart.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiteout Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:26 am

Whiteout is a bit surprised she was found but once she saw it was her superior she responding in the normal military manner "Yes sir, the winds favor all griffons." she than asks the only question that matters "Do you need my services, sir?"
Whiteout
Whiteout
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:32 am

The Praetor settled into the rafter, making his bulky form comfortable as possible given the room. He took the time to prune his feathers a bit, before turning to acknowledge his contact.

"Of course, my darling. Your services are what keep the war machine going here in Manehatten. Now, do you remember the list of names that you delivered us?"
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiteout Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:35 am

Whiteout Remember every part of that list, although she had to edit it to remove a certain Zebra's name, she now knew it was true who he worked for but he would never give him up.

Quickly answering His question "Yes sir, i do in fact remember that list, what about it sir?"
Whiteout
Whiteout
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:36 am

Shady kept her expression the same while she listened to the mostly useless information that came to her now, analyzing it for anything that might be of some use to her superiors in any way. "That's quite a long time to go without making something as substantial as a shield. But those tools and parts probably make you quite a few bits though. Tools will always be needed." She replied, voice unchanging despite her disinterest in the topic at hoof. "Any of these customers ever tell you what the parts are needed for? That must be something that gets you curious."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:45 am

The Praetor grinned. A Griffins smile was always a bit disconcerting, but from the Praetor of the Office of Griffin Intelligence, it took a form beyond disconcerting. It became sinister.

"I need two things from you, my sweet, and there is no pressure for you to accomplish either in any particular time frame. Firstly, the source of that list. I know that you have certain... interests at hand- everyone who plays both sides of the field inevitably does. But we need the creature who gave you that list- living or dead at this point. She has... disturbed one of our Centurions, and the Prudentate would like to see some... catharsis."

The Praetor yawned loudly, shaking his head and snapping his beak shut in snap. "Ugh, this Manehatten air, it makes me so drowsy. Do you ever have trouble with it?" The Praetor cracked his talons on the wooden rafters, and continued. "The other objective I have for you is simple. You know doubt know some of the names on the list- here is a folder, with the information I could scrounge up. Several of the names on that list are here at this meeting. I want you to tail them, strictly on a recon basis, and report back to me all that you learn. Is that something you can fit in your time, my sweet?"
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiteout Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:54 am

White out gulps as she hears her orders, she knew she would have to turn in iris sooner or later or she would kill her or herself.

The second part is what she does not care much for, she liked staying as far away from ponies as she could, not keep close and follow them, in fact she was a bit scared for herself, she carried no weapons and no armor of any kind, if one was to fight, she would be at whoever's mercy at least she could talk her way out of quite a few binds but she still worried.

She dare not question or refuse a order given out by the Praetor so she only could say one thing "Yes sir, i shall do as commanded, i shall not fail."

Last edited by Whiteout on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Whiteout
Whiteout
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Feliks Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:54 am

The sound of a trumpet suddenly blared as the group seemed to have reached its maximum size. The trumpet was to silence the ponies, and it seemed to have worked, as most of the ponies in the crowd went silent and stared forward. Quiet took over, the soft pattering of sprinkles hitting the streets and wet coats of the ponies was the only sound. Suddenly, armor clattering and a large door opening in the front of the City Hall building. Out came a massive figure, almost seven feet tall, adorned in the most elegant suit of officer's armor ever created. He had bright orange feathers and large, orange wings. His body was grey, and his beak and talons were lighter grey. His golden eyes, narrowed and dead looking as they surveyed over the crowd. He stopped at the podium, standing clear over it and the ponies and griffons around him. He seemed old, and well seasoned. As if he had seen many, many years of war and knew almost everything about it. The aura he emitted sent a shiver over the crowd; everypony there could sense just how dangerous this griffon was.

He stretched his neck out some, then cleared his throat before speaking. "I am Commander Feliks," the large, orange griffon announced; his voice booming and cold as it echoed across the downtown area. "I am in charge of the entire Griffon Army! Authority has been given to me by the great Tsar Maksim himself; and by that authority, I am here today to issue to all of you your new requirements to live!" He hollered at the crowd, a few ponies looked toward one another.

"It has occurred to me, that some of you are unhappy with his greatness the Tsar's mercies, and have decided to start some little rebellion.. Well let me make it perfectly clear, my little ponies, that rebellions are not a meager issue, they are a MONUMENTAL issue! And issues of such magnitude are solved through measures of even greater magnitude! So I will begin with the new laws..."

The commander fumbled around in a pocket some before retrieving a scroll and holding it out to read. "From this day forward, the following laws will be put into action immediately.

"Anypony caught guilty, or suspected of acts of staging, assisting, or supporting a 'rebellion' will be charged with TREASON. The punishment for which is death by decapitation!
Anypony caught outdoors after the hour of seven o' clock PM will be considered a suspect of rebellion. The punishment will be imprisonment or enslavement. Curfew ends at five AM.
Anypony caught stealing from Griffon forces will be considered thieves and traitors! Not only is the punishment death by decapitation, your home will also be destroyed and stolen goods will be taken back. Pray nopony you care about gets in the way.
Anypony caught with WEAPONS of [i]any kind
will be considered a rebel, and will be charged with treason. The punishment for which is death by decapitation."

The commander rolled the scroll back up and returned it to his pocket so he could continue. "You do not want to become the enemy of the Griffon Kingdoms, because we will find and kill you for acts of treason. Be grateful that the great Tsar has allowed you to live this long in his country. Now, to ensure that these new laws are enforced, I have appointed a special group of specially trained soldiers to preform 'inspections', and make arrests and/or executions..."

With that, several soldiers fell from the skies and landed all around the ponies. The griffon soldiers wore dark steel colored plated armor with a white symbol of some kind painted across the chest. They held spears and swords, and bore a crazed look in the eyes as they glared upon the ponies gathered around in the streets. Soldiers continued to land all around the crowd, landing on the streets, on the stage, on the roof tops; everywhere they could find a place to land. At least a hundred of them. Then, a large, charcoal grey flag unrolled at the top of a flag pole up by the podium. The emblem on the flag was the same symbol as the ones on the new soldiers' chest plates.
:griffons:

"I am proud to introduce, my little ponies, the Griffon Guerrillas! They are a special group of the Griffon Army, created for the sole purpose of finding and disposing of rebels. Do not attempt to cross them, they will kill you and all who stand in their path. They will not hesitate to destroy everything you know and love, and WILL find you! So if you're a rebel I suggest you quit, or lose everything along with your life. HAIL TSAR MAKSIM! Dismissed." the griffon commander hollered, then turned and stormed back into the City Hall building. The soldiers about began to clap and cheer, the ponies in the audience were on the verge of soiling themselves. The soldiers shot a few more nasty looks at the terrified ponies, then spread their wings and dispersed.
Commander Feliks
Commander Feliks
Griffon Army
Griffon Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:02 am

Zweihander outclassed these "Guerillas", and he unfortunately knew that. The Prudentate was aware of Feliks plan, and had sent word to all operatives of the changing climate. Unfortunately for the Guerillas, if Vengeance was out during OGI business and they interfered... Zweihander shivered. He wondered of any of these Guerillas were as crazy as they acted. Some seemed legitimately mad, for others it was an act. No matter the case, they definitely invoked "herd animal" instinct in the ponies. Now would probably be the time to fly to the Praetor for orders. He had forgotten to do that. With his armor clinking, Zweihander took off, his rust red armor glinting dully in the grey light.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:03 am

The Praetor was stunned by the loudness of the griffins outside. "It's a good thing that we are inside, I'd hate to have to listen to him at full volume. Im glad that you understand our orders Ms. Whiteout."

The Praetor yawned once more, and stretched to take off. "Oh, and one more thing, Sweet- we really need to stop meeting like this."

The griffin winked, and took off, carrying his intelligence to his master.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:06 am

Meeting the Praetor in the air, he nodded in greeting. Taking initiative in Centurion fashion, he took position behind Praetor August towards his destination.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:00 am

'... That went better than expected'
Thorin
Thorin
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral, leaning to Guerilla
Profession: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Static Shock Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:14 am

Static opened and closed her mouth a few times, trying to find words for what had just happened. She jumped out of the dumpster and landed between her brother, and Zuberi. "Well, that was interesting." She said before dropping her voice to a whisper. "So, what do we do now? We can't stop, we've come too far. We're going to have to figure something out in order to deal with this, right Zub?"
Static Shock
Static Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by Rationale Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:09 am

Rationale was in the back of the crowd throughout this whole statement, and the anger started to pool in him the moment the general was placed on the stage. He hated this griffin with every fiber of his being. If he could do it, he would have his only murder be this general. His home, full of tons of manuscripts and books that he had written, and planned to publish, was burned down. Resentment filled up the pony, and his hooves pushed against the ground as he absorbed all of these new rules, that were turning up the stakes. If he wanted to stay in the rebellion, he had to endure the fact that he was now giving up his life. So be it. To go back to whatever they had to start with... he was willing to do it.
Rationale
Rationale
Sandvich
Sandvich

http://abagofvicodin.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Contra Wain Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:26 am

Standing somewhere in the crowd, Contra Wain listend to all this with a frown.
Great for all the times to get stuck in this Tartarus hole, it had to be know. This is going to take more planning when I am delivering stuff at night and then those sentences. I wonder what my sentences will be when they add bribery to it? Live in prison or slavery and then decapitation? That is going to be fun. Contra Wain thought before heading out back to his shop.
Contra Wain
Contra Wain
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral
Profession: Merchant/Smuggeler

http://shanaarwot.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:51 am

Freyia looked down and sighed. She already knew what was going to happen, but that didn't help her from being disappointed all the same. She knew the type of soldiers the guerrillas were, and she knew that this would only make things worse.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Bell Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:03 pm

Winter stomped a hoof as she gave a discontent snort. She hated everything the Gryphon army stood for, their attitude as well as their belief in superiority only served to elicit a dislike for their kind, not that she would condemn the race as a whole. She'd known of Gryphons who weren't total jerks like the ones on the stage or around them. She sighed as she looked down, at anything that could take her mind off of this.
Winter Bell
Winter Bell
Butt-Face!
Butt-Face!

Back to top Go down

Post by Herdsworth Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:05 pm

Herdsworth listened to Commander Feliks' decree with trepidation. He always had a problem with authority, but this was beyond the pale for him. Still, he kept his mouth shut. It would do him no good to get killed just for the sake of being contrary. His mind turned unexpectedly to his younger half-sister, whom he suddenly became very worried about. What if she were to be executed for treason? What if she was already dead? What if she was on the side of the griffons? He had longed to meet her, but these possibilities had to be considered, loathe as he was to entertain them. So many unpleasant thoughts filled his mind. He tried to think of possible good outcomes (his sister being a wife and mother, helping out the resistance without being caught, being safe in hiding) but the negative thoughts still tugged at his mind with ferocity. The fact that he still had no idea who she was or her whereabouts did not help matters. All he had to go on was that they shared the same mother (who had died in childbirth 22 years ago giving birth to her daughter) and that her father had gone missing in Stalliongrad not long after her birth and had since been presumed dead. So Herdsworth's sister was shipped to an orphanage, seeing as she was born in Manehattan and as such was a ward of that territory. Herdsworth would not hear of her existence until months later when curiosity made him investigate her whereabouts. Unfortunately, all records of his sister's whereabouts were destroyed in a fire. She had been adopted, but anypony that knew who adopted her was tight-lipped. Herdsworth, lacking proof of his birth mother (or knowledge of its whereabouts,) had been unable to get anypony to cough up any information.
Herdsworth stood mulling over these developments in silence. He jumped when another pony addressed him.
Herdsworth
Herdsworth

Character sheet
Alignment: neutral, leaning rebellion
Profession: librarian/ researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythee Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:10 pm

Glowball opened the door and trod out of the nearest public restroom, a glow of refreshment around her- until she noticed that the enormous crowd gathered in the area was already beginning to disperse. The gray unicorn's ears swivelled into a downward position. Despite having arrived early, she had somehow missed the official announcement. This was worthy of the hoofiest of facehoofs, but the motion was interrupted by a griffon that toppled her over entirely as it accessed the restroom in a hurry, elbowing Glowball to the side.

She rearranged herself in an upright position, blowing a feather off her face impassively. She could definitely sympathize with urgent heeds to the call of nature at the moment, so there was no need to react in an attention-drawing manner. In any case, it couldn't be helped; she would have to find somepony to update her on the situation.

"Excuse me...?" She attempted to ask the nearest pony, whoever that may be.
Mythee
Mythee

Character sheet
Alignment: Neutral, leaning rebellion
Profession: Biomagics Science Pony

http://mythee.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next