MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To be or not to be a rebel [private]

3 posters

Go down

To be or not to be a rebel [private] Empty To be or not to be a rebel [private]

Post by Syron Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:37 pm

Outsourced from Rebellion is Brewing

November 12, Year 12, After the speech

Shade kept silent at first, walking away from the street they had pulled Scinillance from. By now she was used to the pain her injured hoof caused her, her hobbling was hardly noticable anymore, and the same was true for the now dried blood that had soaked the front of her black cloak. But it all was there, and maybe Scintillance was aware enough to notice. Once they were in a nicely hidden spot again, Shade suddenly grabbed the brown unicorn and violently pushed him against the next wall, holding him in place.
Hours of wandering through the tunnels, that's how we've found you, she snapped at him. It was supposed to be a controlled outburst, but once she had opened the door for her emotions a crack, she could hardly control what was coming out. Her horn flared and two small orbs of blue light appeared left and right to her, her expression was one of hatred. But only for a second. As sudden as it had come, it was gone again and the mare turned away from Scintillance, her hood dark again and the blue orbs gone. And her voice was back to normal as well, though kept on a strictly serious level.It actually has some good sides, we've found a possible hideout and this Undermarket is certainly good to know. Not to mention the rebellion.
Just a few minutes ago she had become mad at Scintillance for wanting to join the rebellion, but now it actually appeared like a good idea to her. That she almost had lost control again was a clear sign that she shouldn't keep him around. She couldn't leave him completely, that she could never allow herself, but if he became a rebel he would have other things to do often enough and wouldn't be present that often. Finally she turned to him again. We could need a pony on the inside, they might be a valuable source of information.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

To be or not to be a rebel [private] Empty Re: To be or not to be a rebel [private]

Post by Lance Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:30 pm

When Lance was pushed into the wall, he managed not to yelp, or anything; a rather different side to him. he turned his gaze away from the mare, and looked at seemingly nothing, of the dirt to his right counted as nothing. Shade let him go, and he stood there, not popping into a laugh or giggle or anything, no sarcasm or "bright" side this time, Lance couldn't humor anyony, much less himself after this. he betrayed her trust, he was promised to fight alongside her for the memory of their lost friend. He... should've come back, not stumble his way into the undermarket... it tore him, slightly, and he deserved those harsh words, maybe even worse.
hearing they've found a new hideout barely even helped. it was his first hideout that dragged him into the chain of events that got him separated from Shade. no, Lance... c'mmon, there's a bight side to everything... chin up... and yeah, there was, new hideout, new griffin-safe-grounds, and hey, rebels! speaking of which, now Shade wanted a pony on the inside?
I... almost went and joined them, earlier. but as long as I've got my duty to stick with you, I've had to keep myself from doing that... hey, you sure you're not just trying to rid yourself of me? Lance jokingly asked Shade. he was back to himself, again, cheery-er than an average pony would be in the harsh world they live in. He knew she didn't entirely want to get rid of him; he just found out she chased after him through the underground tunnels to find him!
but something hit him. slightly. it clicked... "...we found a new hideout... we could need a pony on the inside..." at this point... who's "we?" Lance turned his head to Ferrous, and smiled. Am I to assume Scrapper here's going to be a bit more "permanent" addition than we thought he'd be?
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet
Alignment: Does not like Griffins
Profession: Conjurer/Poet/Assistant at tje Magic Eye store

Back to top Go down

To be or not to be a rebel [private] Empty Re: To be or not to be a rebel [private]

Post by Scrapper Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:00 pm

One would hope so Pal. Scrapper nodded to Shade. We make a pretty good team, not something I'd ever thought I'd find myself saying.

Besides, I'm not just about to let a Lassie go without a bit of help. Not that she needed It I'm sure. Scrapper yawned lightly. He was exhausted, Days awake and on the move? Sure he can stay awake through that. It doesn't mean it won't catch up to him. He sat down for a little break, and started to examine his Hoof-Claws.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet
Alignment: Shadowsun
Profession: Big, tough, badass everybody wants to be

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:33 am

He already helped me more than you did since we've met again, Shade said half mockingly to Scintillence, then turned to Scrapper. And yes, I might need help with keeping myself calm around him.
To Scintillance it might have appeared like a joke, but Scrapper would know how serious it really was. Unfortunately Shade didn't know if she would be able to accept this kind of help from Scrapper already, since it might need rather personal methods. Usually only close friends ever got a look into her emotional world.
Back to the main subject at hoof, she addressed Scintillance again. I mean it the way I said it. I want a contact within the rebellion to have some access to their intel. Since you want to join them anyway, you could serve her memory quite well by being my eyes and ears.
This time she had fully concentrated on keeping her emotions - and memories - in check, forcing her thoughts into clear routes without allowing anything leading away from what what she really had to think about. Normally a meassure for solving complicated problems, but now it was for staying objective while the conversation was partly about Skylight.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:56 am

Lance would've chuckled, but shade just touched a sore subject he only just tried to break away from. The words played back in his mind... "It's about time I made myself useful..." He brushed the thought aside, before he'd lose himself again. Allowing a proud grin onto his face, Lance perked up when Shade had finished speaking. Lance knew exactly who's memory he's serving, and Shade's hesitance to say it aloud may have mean she's not quite ready to share that name with Scrapper. Or at least, not yet. if that's the case, then my unblinding eyes shall see what you can't, and my ears shall hear what you must. Lance almost took off in a gallop before remembering that this was what got him into trouble last time. He had to think ahead.
actually, where am I to find you two when I come back? on break, or something of the sorts? you said you found a new hideout, right?
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:44 pm

Scrapper got and idea, and suddenly stopped messing with his Hoof-Claws. Lance can trigger light traps using those notes of his. They could simply leave a trail for him to follow. Scrapper stood up and walked towards Scintillance. I have a good idea for you Lad. It's dark, and It's a network of tunnels that'd you'd get lost in. Scrapper reached into Lance's duster pocket and took out his sticky notes.

We can leave a trail for you, using these. Scrapper looked to Shade. We leave a trail of these for him. Nowhere obvious of course. That way he can find us, and no other spanner will know where to go. He looked back to Scintillance. And however way you decided to find us, don't be a walking light-bulb while your at it Pal. I've had enough of seeing new face's today. Scrapper took a couple of steps back and sat down again. Holding back from yawning.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:58 pm

Shade was about to throw a pebble after Scintillance when he realized what he had forgotten on his own. Shade hadn't thought about it yet, and was glad that Scrapper had an idea that didn't involve one staying behind and waiting for Lance. Though, a trail of light traps? It was a... striking kind of breadcrumb, if it went off. But definitely worth a thought. That could work, Shade said noddingly. Lance, can you make sure that only you trigger the spell?
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:34 am

HAH! can I?
Scintillance levitated the stack of notes near him. his eyes closed, and his horn wreathed of his signature golden glow for a mere three seconds, and at the notes. [color=yellow} easier done than said. it's the same light trips, but much, MUCH harder to trigger. life force won't set these things off. not even your telekinesis, I think... it's a much less incomplete version of the spell. What it'll need to go off is for me to blast it with some magic, as if I was feeding the spell the rest of it's necessary energy. stick one of these at every location where the tunnel splits, and I'll just flash a light in each direction until a note would shine. [color]

Lance finally recalled the bag he had kept with him from when he tried to clean his traces from the first hide out. he took, it off, enveloping it with his aura, and floated it over to shade. The food I was talking about. If you two came down here without anything from up-top, then we're starting thin on supplies. a few apples, some bread, just a little something to start us off.
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:50 pm

Scrapper took out a blade he used earlier and started throwing it in the air and catching it repeatedly. Listening to Shade and Lance as they talked. To them, It'd would be a sign of boredom. But It was actually him testing himself to see how much he can concentrate whilst deprived of sleep.

I'm sure we'll be fine mate. Better than noth- He was cut off when he missed the blade and cut himself. Ah, bugger! Turn's out I wasn't as good as I thought. He put the blade back in his bag. Better off with what you have rather than, not having anything at all. He paid no attention to his bleeding hoof. Despite the blade making a fair cut in him.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:06 pm

Shade took the notes into her telekinetic grip, covering her eyes with her injured hoof, but no light errupted. The notes disappeared under her cloak with no incident. They should do. The food was acknowledged with a nod, and with a smile when Shade opened the bag. Okay, that is helpful. She levitated a bottle of water out and immediately took a few gulps before giving it to Scrapper. They had been spare with their reserves, but it hadn't been enough to keep two ponies from thirst for so many hours.
Well, go and be a rebel then, we'll meet you at the hideout, Shade said, but with a short look at Scrapper had to chuckle. Or at least, I will, I think Scrapper prefers to take a nap before he accidently cuts his leg off.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:22 am

Lance looked to scrapper with concern. Sure, he may have been bored enough to play with a knife, but cutting himself isn't something to be ignored. however, lance had no bandages, nor any magical ability in healing, and since Scrapper didn't seem to mind his cut too much, Lance hesitantly brushed the thought aside. the trio have already trotted well into the cave system.
so... path starts through the same path we came through, right? Lance figured if Ferrous and Shade followed him, then they probably stalked him through the same tunnels. If that's the case, leave the first note further down that tunnel and I'll find my way from there. I guess... I'll see you all later!
Lance made his way back the way he came, keeping a steady trot, in case Shade or Scrapper would suddenly have to remind him that his horseshoes were untied, or something.

Last edited by Scintillance on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Lance
Lance
IRON WILL
IRON WILL

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrapper Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:17 am

Scrapper watched Lance leave down the tunnel. Then he turned to Shade, Yeah, because it's a good idea to take a nap in a huge network of tunnels isn't it Las? He let out a chuckle. Thanks to his face-mask It was always hard to tell his reactions to things, like when he makes a joke or two. Next best thing was to laugh a bit afterwards. But, maybe your not completely wrong. I definitely need a tiny bit sleep. Back to the new hideout I guess? He examined his hoof. Nothing serious, although it's also nothing good. He put weight on it to see how he'd do for walking. It was slightly painful but nothing he couldn't handle.
Scrapper
Scrapper
Lyra
Lyra

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Syron Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:16 pm

Shade looked after Scintillance, a bit of concern on her mind. Had she really just trusted the catastrophe with a spying mission? Well, at least he didn't need to stay completely hidden, Shade would really have needed to doubt her sanity otherwise, he would have blown that in an instant. On second thought, her sanity definitely was a little on the damaged side anyway at the moment.
Yes, back to the hideout, she finally said, looking at Scrappers injury for a moment. A silent ripping sound could be heard, fabric being cut, accompanied by the glow of Shade's horn. Though I'd prefer it if you don't leave a second trail. A strip of black cloth flew out from under the cloak it had been part of until a few moments ago. To the outside no damage was visible on the piece of clothing, it was likely that this makeshift bandage hadn't had any other use so far.
Syron
Syron
Sweetie Belle
Sweetie Belle

Character sheet
Alignment:
Profession:
Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down