MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Twas a Dark and Stormy Night... [Open][Dated]

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'Twas a Dark and Stormy Night... [Open][Dated] Empty 'Twas a Dark and Stormy Night... [Open][Dated]

Post by Stormcloud Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:13 pm

Nov. 17, 21:00

Darkness and water surrounded Storm as she cantered through the E. Residential District at an incredibly leisurely pace. A moderate rain fell, clouds concealing the moon. Her coat and mane were soaked, but she could care less. She needed to get back to her home, before guards swarmed and killed her... or worse. At least there, she would be dry.

However, at the moment, Storm was enjoying the simple sound of the rain, the darkness of the night. Even as much as she loved combat, night was something she loved even more. It was cooler than the day, not too bright, and overall was just... better. She continued to take a slow pace, wanting to savor every moment outside that she could. It was illegal activity, but it was nice.

Eventually, she came to a stop and rested against a building, not even bothering to get below an awning. The old apartment building, three stories high, was her's and her's alone- her home. A deep inhalation and slow exhalation later, she looked around. Some of the buildings around her were completely destroyed, collapsed in the many years Manehatten had been conquered. The ones that were intact were completely dark; their inhabitants did not want a fuss with the guards. Still, Storm remained outside, just savoring the rainy night. If any guards came, she could duck inside. She was prepared.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

'Twas a Dark and Stormy Night... [Open][Dated] Empty Re: 'Twas a Dark and Stormy Night... [Open][Dated]

Post by Abaddon Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:31 pm

Abaddon walked down the streets of the E. residential District. He wore a brown cloak, to hide his sword under it. It was foolish to wander around at the night and the fact he was carrying a weapon. But he had to find a new home since he reached Manehatten. He underestimated the long route to it and so his arrival time got a bit too late. The rain fell down at him and he was soaked from head to hoof. He looked around the streets. most buildings were destryed or didn´t seem save enough.
I don´t want to get crushed by a building while i sleep, that would be an honorless death.
He thought as he continued wandering around.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

'Twas a Dark and Stormy Night... [Open][Dated] Empty Re: 'Twas a Dark and Stormy Night... [Open][Dated]

Post by Stormcloud Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:02 am

Storm frowned as she glared through the darkness and rain- Is that a pony?, she wondered as she saw the cloaked figure soaked to the bone. Due to said soaking, the cloak was mostly stuck to it's form. It was indeed a pony, wandering around a night.. but why? Storm stood from her seated position against the brick and mortar building, her pace quickening as she moved to the pony wandering the streets. Her hooves splashed in a few puddles, wetting her coat even further. She still didn't care. If anything, she would try to help this pony... if it was hostile, she would kill it. There was no question.

As she approached the pony, she conjured her kind but subtly authorative voice from the depths of her soul; she would need it, as it was her best shot at convincing another on the first try. "Hey! It's quite a bit past curfew, and it's wet. Don't you want to be inside?" She asked, a slight frown on her face as her mane clung to her like her coat.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:48 pm

Abaddon heard the splashing sounds of another ponys hoofs in the rain. He looked up. He saw a gray mare with a blue mane. She was also soaked from the rain.
"Uh hello." He said then looked around to get sure no griffons would be nea. "Yeah I know its after curfew. My travel route was a bit longer then i expected." He surveyed the other pony. She looked trustworthy for the moment. "That would be nice, I Just arrived in Manehatten and i have no idea were to stay. but for now i would be nice to have a roof over the head." he looked around again. To be catched directly after arrivel in manehatten after curfew would be to bad, so every shelter would do for now.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:09 pm

Storm nodded as the unicorn spoke, watching him give paranoid glances here and there. It was logical, after all; griffons had a habit of jumping out of nowhere to eat ponies. Regardless, as he finished speaking, she began. "Then follow me. I have almost an entire building to myself here," she said as she turned around, glancing to either side of herself, just to be sure, and then carefully beginning to move, a slow albeit measured canter through the street, to the other side in which her house sat. It was a medium-sized three-story apartment building who's windows were actually lit, demonstrating the lit-ness of the inside. Hoping he had followed, Storm opened the door and gestured for the unicorn to walk in. "Come inside. Don't worry about getting anything wet."
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:19 pm

Abaddon followed the mare through the rainy night to an arpartment building. "Thanks" he said as he entered the building. He hasn´t expected such kindness in manehatten, but he was happy about it. As he walked inside he layed his cloak away. Now everyone was able to see all his scars and burns. Only thing he kept close was his sowrd, which was wrapped in some bandage to let it look like just a piece of scrap metal. "So what did you mean by almost for yourself, who else lives here?" he asked.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:33 pm

Storm began to scan over the unicorn, frowning as she found so many scars. She noted them, continuing with her scan. Something wrapped in bandages. She shrugged it off, hoping it wasn't a weapon. Finally, she heard his question, glancing back to him and responding curtly. "Someone rents the third floor," she said with a nod. It was with that that she entered herself, letting the door close and shaking off some of the water on herself. The area they had entered was a nice-looking first-floor deal turned into a makeshift living room, with a couch in the center, facing the windows, who's blinds were drawn. Light came from a few oil lamps here and there, and the room was quite well illuminated. Storm went to sit on the couch, lying down on it and stretching, nearly taking up the entire space. She then propped herself up on one of the armrests, making room for the other pony.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:53 pm

"This is a nice pace" Abadon said as he looked around for a possible ambush. "How did you get this place?" she asked while he walked towards the couch. He still was wet from the rain. "do you have a towel or something? i don´t want to ruin you couch." He said as he stopped in front of her. He noticed her look on his weapon, but didn´t say anything.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:18 pm

Storm gestured to a hallway behind her, one that ended only a few meters into it's span. There were a few doors along it, and Storm was quick to specify: "Down the hall, second door on the left is a bathroom. Also," she continued, a small smile on her face, "I took it from it's last inhabitants. They weren't good ponies, trust me; say, are you in with the griffons?" she asked, her brow quirked. She was getting lazy with her security lately, so if she dozed off and he went exploring, she wanted to make sure that he wouldn't rat her out.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:23 pm

Abaddon was a bit confused by the straightness of The other ponys question. "Me? with the griffons? NO WAY! before i would team up with those honorless and brainless birds, the sun would colllide withe the moon. I Hate them. I want to kill them. I want to have my revenge on them." he said before walking into the bathrooms direction. "I´m abaddon by the way" he added before walking into the bathroom.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:42 pm

Storm cringed as Abaddon walked into the bathroom. She hadn't expected such a violent response, however, she let it be, remaining in her position and glancing about the room, waiting for him to exit.

In the bathroom, Abaddon would find himself in a regular bathroom-like situation; a shower was opposite from the door, with a sink and toilet to his left. A rack of towels was on his right, a few blue and a few green, varying from hand-towels to full-body towels. The room was rather well-lit, being lit by oil lamps.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:51 pm

Abaddon took one of the big towels and strted to dry himself. The mare was very kind. As he was almost dry he walked back into the living room. "So...whats your name?" baddon asked while walking towards the couch.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:12 pm

Storm gave a half smile as Abaddon walked into the living room, approaching the couch. Her left ear flicked upon hearing his question, a bit of tentativeness in her voice as she began to speak. "It's Stormcloud," she said as she slid over further, making more room for Abaddon on the couch.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:30 pm

Abaddon sat down on the couch. "Ah this feels good after the long journy." He mades himself comfortable. "Do you know where a pony like me could find a job and a living place?" he asked the gray mare.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:03 pm

Storm thought for a few moments before speaking, her voice subtly authorative albeit kind at the same time. "Here," was stated. It was the simplest answer she could come up with, as there was nothing more she could think of.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:07 pm

Abaddon thought for a moment then replied "I can stay here? and what does it cost? I mean i can´t live here for free. But first i have to find a job." abaddon stopped, then continued "Do you now someone who needs a strong stallion as me for any jobs?" He asked. He would do any job for now. Best would be at a smith but he did not care much about the work, more about earning some bits.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:10 pm

"Free if you find a job," she said as she stretched, causing her voice to turn into a partial exhalation, still filled with that subtly authorative tone as she gave a half smile toward the scarred unicorn. "And I'm sorry to say that I don't," she said, continuing. "You'll have to look around in the morning, but I do think there's a smithy nearby that could use someone strong. Hell, smiths always need someone strong," she said as she shifted back into a relaxed position.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:16 pm

Abaddon was visibly happy "i really can stay here for free?" he asked confused by so much kindness. "Oh....okay, thanks. and a smith would be perfect, i worked at one near stalliongrad before the war started." He said. Then looked down when he remembered all the loss from the war. for a moment he didn´t say anything. "And for the job. I´ll search one directly at morning." Abaddon yawned. "Where can i sleep for tonight?" he asked.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:39 pm

Storm smiled toward Abaddon, having clearly made his day. "Upstairs, the second floor. Any room with a bed," she said with a smile, her voice having lost the subtly authorative quality that had been in it before. She hoped he would keep his promise, but now expected him to sleep. So, after she spoke, she remained silent.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:50 pm

"Okay" abaddon said before standing up. "I´ll better go t sleep now, i have a exhausting day behind me. and a job search tomorrow. So i could need the rest" He walked to the stairs and walked upstairs. After opening 3 doors he finally ound a room with a bed. "that will do for tonight" he said to himself. he put the sword next to the bed, to reach it just in case. Then he lied down. He was lucky finding such a nice and kind mare. In the worst case he could got cought by griffon this night. He closed his eyes and fell asleep.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:57 pm

Storm sighed after waiting for about an hour, standing as she was sure Abaddon was asleep. She made her way to her room, the first one to the right in the first hallway. Inside, was a fair armory for a single pony: a suit of royal guard's armor, a sword, a spear, and a bracer designed for weapon-handling. It was capable of quickly securing a weapon to her foreleg, if need be. Storm slipped her foreleg into said bracer, moving it to a comfortable position on her foreleg before tightening it with it's leather straps. She enjoyed the taste of leather only a bit, but, after securing said straps, she grabbed a sheathed blade in her mouth. It was a fine blade, a longsword, a relic from the Equestrian Wars; it still had quite a bite to it's edge. She carried it out to her couch, leaning the sheathe against the coffee table that lay just in front of the couch.

Then, she hoisted herself back onto her couch, assuming her position for the night shift. Her paranoia coupled with many other sleepless nights desensitized her to the effects of a lack of sleep; regardless, she still did suffer from the detriments of insomnia. She almost dozed off as she sat, but she forced herself awake. Maybe she should have some coffee...
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:15 am

Three griffons descended about a homes-length from the building, touching down with the faintest of clacks. Their talons gripped the paved stones of the streets, holding them steady as they marched forwards.

Two Griffons followed a third, not a leader, but a Griffon who was being pushed forwards begrudgingly. Normally gangs have initiations involving brutality; mobs demand tribute in time- locked away in the slammer. The Griffon armed forces were no different than a pack of troublemakers.

The lead Griffon, prodded forwards by the other two reached the door with a weight in his heart. He raised his talon as if to knock- and paused, looking back to the other two. He gulped, and lowered it to the knob finding it unlocked.

He pulled open the door and walked in slowly...
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffin Kingdom
Profession: Intelligence Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:21 am

Storm, being slightly more awake due to her movement, perked her ears at the sound of her front door creaking open. In the doorway, she saw a griffon, looking slightly anxious, walking into her home. She glared at him, quickly standing and gripping the hilt of her sword in her mouth, drawing it as she lifted her right foreleg, pressing the slightly wet hilt into the mechanism, locking it into place. A tug on a pair of leather belts tightened the blade, and it was now like an extension of her foreleg. Now, she stood with three legs, ample support. Due to her experience with this blade, walking with it would be no problem. She leveled it at the griffon, the flat of the blade facing the ceiling, glittering in the light of the oil lamps.

"C'mere, you worthless fucker. I'm sick of your kind," she said, snarling.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:28 am

The griffon saw the blade, and turned on heel, walking straight back out the door.

For a brief moment there was a sound of a scuffle, then a crash as the self-same Griffon was thrown back through the door, a cocked and readied crossbow in talons. He looked completely out of his element, and seeing the pony with a blade on her leg sent him fleeing to the back of the home, away from his rough compatriots and the mare with the mettle.

That would be the end of it if it weren't for the sudden intrusion of the other two Griffons, who seemed to want to enter simultaneously, blades flashing in the candlelight, chasing the cowardly Griffon or the pony, who knew.

But once they caught sight of Storm they were upon her, blades raised and poised to kill...
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:43 am

Storm scowled further as the griffons came upon her, withdrawing her blade slightly as a griffon bore down on her with his blade, aiming to deal a crippling (if not fatal) blow to her neck; Storm avoided it with a strafe, knocking into her couch and taking the blade to her shoulder. Luckily for her, the griffon withdrew the blade quickly as she sent her own blade toward his midsection in a stab, not aiming for anything in particular. Due to the fact that there was no ceiling and a coffee table was right behind him, he would most likely take the blade, perhaps in the stomach, or a kidney. She quickly backed off, hoping her assault had sent him reeling.

However, a second griffon came and continued his assault, sending his blade in a stab toward the pegasus. With a powerful thrust of her wings, the pegasus reeled up, avoiding the strike and countering with her own slash toward his upper torso. A shallow wound was left, as he had backpeadeled. She slammed down on the ground, conscious of her blade foreleg; it was still slightly suspended. She glared at the two, ready to continue the fight.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:53 am

The griffon sauntered backwards, clutching his ribs, a vague palour taking possession of his expression. The second Griff reeled back as well, perturbed and a bit surprised about the sudden resistance. His chest feathers were smeared in blood but he hardly seemed to notice, his gaze transfixed upon his partners wound.

The first Griffon felt a dribble of blood hit his paw- it was dripping from his beak. He collapsed backwards, and the second Griffon roared at Storm, reaching into his cloak and drawing a hand-crossbow. The small device, about the size of a fore-arm, was small, discrete, and above all, deadly-

He levied the crossbow at Storm with trembling talon, intent on smiting her with his righteous bolt. His other arm had relaxed, as if he had been stupefied by the death of his partner- but to no avail, he raised the crossbow and fired a bolt.
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:13 am

Storm saw the crossbow come out, gulping. At least she had solicited an emotional response from the griffons and had dealt a potentially fatal wound to one of them. Now, she was up against the wall, and had almost nowhere to go, a crossbow at her head at near point-blank range. With blood running from her left shoulder, Storm knew she had to move lest she would be injured more severely. So, Storm strafed to the right. The bolt was fired, catching her in the shoulder as she strafed to the right. Now her shoulder was bleeding from two wounds, albeit the bolt hadn't embedded it's self too deep, as the draw on the hand crossbow was enough to propel the bolt across a short distance. Still, Storm was ready to fight back, letting her care of the wounds go, now sending her blade toward this griffon's lower torso, to hit his stomach and deal the same crippling blow as she had dealt to the other.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:16 am

Abaddon was in deep sleep and didn´t heared the fighting downstairs at first. The journy was vry exhausting he had before. But then moise waked him. A bit confused he stood up. "What was that? is it motning already? he asked himself, then watched out of the window. It was still night. He wondered abou the noises and grabbed his sword, just in case. He slowly walked downstairs and stopped as he saw griffons and storms wounds.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:42 pm

The Griffon was shaken but he was spry enough to raise his blade in defense quickly. He avoided the ponies strike, and had enough time to notice Abaddon out the edge of his eye.

He had been backed up to the doorway, and decided to bolt before he was outnumbered, clearing the door frame and flitting off into the night. He had dropped his blade when he took off, and it hit the pavement in front of the building with a crash, flopping on its side into a puddle.

The first Griffon to enter had found himself lost, unable to find the back exit, but unwilling to expose himself to the ponies. He bumped about in the back shadows of the building until he stumbled on some pans and fell flat on his face...
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:51 pm

"Find the-" Storm was cut off by the sound of a slam and clattering pans, a harsh metallic sound cutting through the night. "Go to the back and make a left and kill that bastard," Storm said as she gritted her teeth, recoiling her blade from the griffon's block.

This time, Storm would not hesitate in her next strike, a fiery hatred for the being in front of her directing it; her foreleg had sprung upward, sending the blade in a deadly stab toward the griffon's neck and trachea, the severing of which would no doubt be deadly. All the while, she remembered the griffon that had run outside. She would have to deal with him later, end his life. Three less griffons to deal with tonight.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:56 pm

Abaddon quickliy unwrapped his sword from the bandages and ran towards the griffom. he saw the griffon lying on the ground, holding his head in Pain. "You came to the wrong neighborhood." abaddon said before using his magic to light up his sword with fire. The black metal was sharp and had many edges to rip off flesh. "You´ll die this night. friffons scum." He said before making a slash into the griffons direction, aiming in his chest.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:27 pm

The two Griffons in the home suffered bloody, violent deaths at the hooves of their pony hosts. After the several moments of trauma, screams and thrashing, the two Griffons fell silent, blood and feathers smeared into the floor.

The storm briefly intensified outside, and a sudden gust of wind blew into the house, slamming several doors and snuffing out nearby candles. The only sounds nearby were the heavy pants of the ponies and the crashes of rain against the windows.

(((I will bring more Griffons back, but logically it would take a few minutes so do your thing.)))
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:16 pm

Storm sighed, slightly frustrated. She grabbed the corpse of the second griffon and began to drag him to one of the rooms, throwing him in there and slamming the door shut. She promptly sat back down on the couch, expecting many reinforcements to come in the near future- there was no such thing as a 'lone pack' of griffons nowadays.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:30 pm

Abaddon discasted the fire spell at his sword as the riffon was dead. he was a bit confused why griffons would attack ponies in their own homes. Normally everything is fine when ponies are at their homes after curfew, but it seems some griffons still want to get trouble. Abaddonw walked into the living room up to Storm. "Everything okay?" He asked as he looked at the wounds of her. "You shoule let disinfect and cure those wounds, before you get some infections." He said while moving up to the couch.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:06 pm

"No, I'll be fine," she said, giving a slight wince as she shifted her left side. She was expecting more griffons, many more, and didn't want to be caught in-treatment when they came. It would be a waste of time trying in her mind, but she was still confused as to why the griffons attacked her home. Most possibly because it was lit, albeit it was not the only lit home on the street. She sighed as she glanced toward Abaddon, speaking to him once again. "Be on your guard. There's no such thing as a lone pack of griffons anymore. There will be more."
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:27 pm

Abaddon walked towarts storm. "I know. they never came in such small groups. But we have to cure your wound, before they come." He said in a vigorous tone. "you loose blood and if we don´t close the wounds you´ll be to weak to fight the other griffons. Let me at least burn them, then you don´t loose blood anymore and it gets a bit disinfected" He said, now standing in front of her.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:05 pm

"Later, then. After we take care of the rest," she said, a scowl forming on her face. "Neither are as life-threatening as you make them out to be. Now get out of my way so I can see the damn door!" she said, her voice raised in anger. She was truly angry now that she had to assert herself to make a point.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:16 pm

Abaddon holds a hoof to her injured shoulder. "i have seen enough wounds and I know what happens if we not cure it. So just don´t move, I´ll take care of it. You don´t have to be this aggressive right now. it will just takes a few seconds" he said then mumbles "and it will hurt much" he pressed storm against the couch.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:22 pm

Storm growled as she was pressed against the couch, feeling cornered like an animal. Her growl was just as feral, and her wings flared against the couch, trying to resist. She responded with her own bit of force, trying to escape Abaddon's grip. "Get away from me. I know damn well what will happen, and I know it can wait for a few more hours!" She said, her voice further raised in anger.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:28 pm

Abaddon pressed her a bit harder before yelling at her "I lost good stallions and mares against those griffons and i don´t let things like that happen again. Sure it would work for a few hours, but not if we have to fight.So hold still and let me do my work." He took his sword and lit the tip of it with his fire magic. The sword begun to glow at the tip.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:36 pm

"It's just a damn scratch!" She said, moving her head toward the bolt still stuck in her shoulder. She gripped it in her jaw and ripped it out, focusing the tip toward Abaddon. "I'm warning you," she said, her voice slurred by the bolt. She promptly dropped it as she saw the sword, glowing at it's tip. "That's not going to help at all, you imbecile," she said, struggling further against his grip, her powerful wings now pressing against the couch in a futile attempt to break free.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:40 pm

Abaddon felt the strenght of the mare but he was full of resulution to help her, even against her will. "I´ll do it either way, you can decide if i do it with or against you. But agains you will mean more pain. So let me damn do this now." He pressed with a huge amount of his strenght agains her, she was really good trained. he slowely lowered his swort into the direction of her wounds.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:51 pm

Storm continued to struggling, this time flat-out snarling at the pony before her. It wasn't that she was afraid, just that she wanted treatment later and.. okay, maybe she was afraid of being cauterized. It was a perfectly rational fear, however, as it seemed like wounding one further to cure one ailment. Regardless, she continued to struggle, her free sword-foreleg not making any movement, however.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:56 pm

Abaddon pressed the hot sword tip at the wounds, still pressing storm to the couch. "Its just for your best" he said with a strained voice. "Just a bit more and we´re done." The hot iron burned the wounds and stop the bleeding. a bit steam went up from it. Then abaddon but the sword away. "Done!" he said at releasing the pony out of his hoof. "Not the best, but it will make you able to fight for the next hours if we have to." The cleaned up the burned blood from his sword.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:59 pm

Storm gritted her teeth as the blade cauterized her wounds; she was pissed at Abaddon for doing both of them. "Next time, listen to me, you imbecile," she said, hostility in her voice. "I could have gone on fighting for a few hours without that. You basically just ruined your blade to do something that wasn't even necessary!"
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:07 pm

Abaddon looked at the angered mare. "You can thank me later, when you appreciated the necessity of it." he said in a calm voice. And now lets get ready for the fight, they should be near now." He stood in the middle of the room, turning his head left and right to check the environment.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:28 pm

A sudden crash sounded outside, indeterminate in its source, but loud enough to rattle the windows and shake the room. The sudden appearance of a voice boomed through the room, screaming from a magical voice-boomer from across the street.

"Exit the building with your arms down, or face imminent destruction."

Visible from the outside of the windows was an assembly of soldiers, mounted on rooftops and armed to the thick with blades, crossbows and artillery. A mounted auto-ballistae had been flown in and mounted on the rooftop...
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormcloud Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:05 pm

Storm frowned, her ears flattened against her head as the sound blasted through her ears. She cursed under her breath, beginning to stand, once again completely ignoring Abaddon. Having a clear understanding of her situation, she went to her room, literally slamming the door and locking it behind herself. She now stared at the armor before, an alabaster plate with gold accent and trim. She sighed, a half-smile coming upon her face. She had a feeling that she would die today, and she was perfectly fine with that. With that, she approached her suit of armor, her hoof gently caressing the backplate.

A few moments later, she had her armor on, tightened and all, perfectly fit to her form. It was royal guard's armor, armor of the elite, of the dangerous. She understood why so many griffons had come to wreck her day, and she was probably going to wreck some of their days as well, if they came in. As she unlocked the door and exited her room, she stood for a moment in the hallway, before galloping toward the exit, her spear secured to her back and her blade undeployed for the moment, so she could move.

Finally, she came to the back door after much hallway twisting, a half grin on her face, shifting around and sending her powerful hindlegs into the door, cracking it enough for her to open it. The old hinges had rusted, making them cease to move. It was a terrible thing, having to break your own door to escape, but it had to be done. Storm slammed into the cracked door, causing it to fly off it's hinges and her to stumble onto her back steps, in an alleyway. She had not worn this armor in a while, but it felt like a second, heavier skin to her.

Then, she primed herself for escape, taking a pounce-like stance, crouching on the ground, panting. She was ready to do this, and, as her powerful wings were thrust downward, she flew up into the sky, continuing to pump those powerful wings on her way up, going above the building in a few seconds and capping at about ten feet from that building's roof. From there, she began to fly forward, her speed not at what it used to be due to her armor's weight; she was ever-so-slightly out of shape. A few hours of retraining would fix this, however, she didn't have those few hours. Now, she had to fly, to fight, or else she would die.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:43 am

baddon cringed as he heard the loud voice. He had thought of a few more griffons, but not of a complete army. Abaddons heart begun to beat a bit faster. He was able to fight griffons. but not these huge amount. Not without his fallen pals. Panic started to infect his mind. He looked over to storm, but she ignored him and disappeared in one of her rooms.

"Think Abaddon, Think!" He said to himself. He had to figure out a way to escape. His mind was going crazy at he thiought of the scenarios what could happen if the griffons will catch him. He would die a horrible way, he thought. He Imagined it in his inner eye. The torture equipment which they would use. The methods they would try on him. Horrible. He was so deep in his thought he didn´t realized storms leaving.

Then a known voice in his head start to speak "Run, Abaddon. Its your only way." He didn´t understand where this voice was coming from, but he knew th voice was right. He took his sword and walked fast to the back door.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tisis Antony Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:00 am

The Griffons waited outside the building, weathering the downpour and expecting a response. The din of the rain's pour clouded up the night, and the crack of lightning sent several Griffons jumping in their armor. Becoming increasingly impatient, the commander in charge raised his talon, his hand in signal.

The auto-ballistae was loaded and primed, and brought to bear on the building. Gasoline soaked rags had been wound to the tips of the bolts, and an attending Griffon began lighting them, lighting up the rooftop with a smokey orange glow. When he finished he took station behind the ballistae and watched for orders.

The speak-box was brought forward once again, and the Captain began to issue his final orders. "Exit now or face destruction in- thirty seconds," he waved his hand, and the troops knew what to do, bringing their weapons to bare on the open windows of the building and priming their bolts. They each began counting down from thirty- barring his orders, they'd fire en masse at zero, and even the captain's absence wouldn't deter them in execution of this order.

The scout, several buildings closer began frantically waving his flag- sending the captain in a furor at the ambiguity of the signal. He pointed the boom box at the scout and screamed the question "What?!" from across the street. The scout bounced about even more, and finally flew over in frustration.

Exasperated and frantic, the scout managed to wheeze a sentence. "There was a pony- fully armed it looked, it slipped out the back and just flew off- how didn't you see it?"

The captains face scrunched up into an image of immutable rage. The heavy rain cover and the darkness of the night had totally masked the ponies flight to the garrison's eyes, and he took off, bringing the bulk of the soldiers with him in a flurry of orders- some of the self-contradictory. The mass of soldiers rose into the air, heading in the direction the scout had pointed out, and in pursuit for a pony of indeterminate appearance...

Meanwhile, the remaining Griffons on the roof milled about, uncertain of what their current orders were. A few pointed out that they still had a standing order to fire- and in fact, the thirty seconds had already passed. The Griffons leapt to action, five crossbow-griffs and the Auto-Ballistae crew opening fire onto the building in a blaze of metal and fire...
Tisis Antony
Tisis Antony
Braeburn
Braeburn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next