MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pumping Ego [closed]

3 posters

Go down

Pumping Ego [closed] Empty Pumping Ego [closed]

Post by Rhena Fullplume Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:14 am

Midday, December 9th

The sign read: "For all those who think they can best me, Rhena Effulgent Plumage, wait in line and have 50 bits ready to put in the pot. Won bets will be respectfully paid out to the winner, no arguments, no fuss." The writing was bold and in red as to get the attention of any passing pony or griffon. Standing about four feet tall, this sign was flanked by a bright gold griffon with a wide grin on her beak. Two thick short swords were strapped to her back as she watched the Equestrians pass by with a sharp look.

Most of the ponies were hungry, emaciated and just wanting to get from here to there. She already had to shoo away two beggars in order to get the prime real-estate the griffon was now sitting at. But in reality, Rhena wasn't worried for turn out. In this city, she was sure that there were a lot of fighting fit ponies who more than resented the Tsardom enough to fight in public. It was simply a matter of time for her to see some challengers, both ponies and griffons alike, show up to her little corner of the neighborhood.

Rhena leaned back in her stool, her claws resting on the back of her head and her wings and shoulders tucked into the old, rotting brick. "Anytime now." she whispered to herself, scanning the horizon for likely candidates.

Last edited by Rhena Fullplume on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Pumping Ego [closed] Empty Re: Pumping Ego [closed]

Post by Shady Silhouette Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:55 am

A somewhat waif red and black figure slowly flew through the air of the city, long mane flowing behind its owner in the wind created by their movement. Surveying the area on her normal route, Shady paused upon seeing what seemed to be some kind of event that had been set up. Fixing the pair of tinted goggles she wore to protect her eyes from the daytime sun, she checked her specialty two-bladed sword before swiftly flying down to the site.

Touching down to the ground with a not so subtle thud, she looked towards the griffon near the sign, which she promptly read. "Battle challenges? I'll take your money." She replied with a fanged smirk.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffons
Profession: Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:06 am

Rhena spotted the bat pony landing near her and gave her a smirk, the griffon already enjoying the attention the newcomer was giving her. "I'm glad to hear!" She patted a folder fixed to the back of the sign. "Ante up! That will be fifty bits young lady!"

The griffon stood up and exposed her muscular torso, she stretched her neck back and forth and rolled her shoulders forward and back. "Now, I want to drum up a crowd. I'll take twenty bits off of your price if you're successful at doing so." smiled the griffon. Rhena pulled out both short swords and flipped them dramatically in her claws, making soft jabs at the air. "I fight to submission, not to death. I'd advise you to do the same, I don't want to pay a clean up fine for pony blood." she chuckled with a smarmy look plastered on her face.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:17 am

Shady tosses the number of bits into the folder, hovering just above the ground so she could hold the weapon easier in her forehoof, other leg bearing a small leg guard shield given to her by the griffons. "Alright, I won't kill you when I win." She replied, slashing the air with her sword. "Ready when you are. Don't think I'll go easy on you just because you're technically my superior."

The mare kept her goggled eyes on her soon to be sparring opponent, keeping her guarded leg in front of her with her sword in a defensive position.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:21 am

Laughing, the griffon ignored the comment implying that the bat pony was with the griffon guard in some way. "Good! I need a good warm-up!" she called out right as she took three long strides and swung her two swords. The blades came down parallel to each other down towards Shady's shield hoof, the griff put as much force behind the attack as she could in order to put the bat pony off balance.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:51 am

Shady swiftly brought her guarded foreleg up to block the two blades, wincing slightly from the power of the blow on her thin limb. Her hind legs contacted the ground again despite the flapping of her wings to keep herself up. Not saying a word, the mare stabbed her blade towards the griffon in an attempt at getting her away from her at the very least.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:57 am

The griffoness flinched from the incoming stab and loosened her pressure on the mare's foreleg. She didn't have the time to back up and steady herself, so she attempted to jump ahead, facing her side to the attacking pony. With a flick of her thickly furred tail, Rhena batted at the bat pony's face for misdirection.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:04 am

Shady quickly hovered backwards after trying to push the tail away with her foreleg, keeping her leg guard up for protection. She shook her head slowly as if to say that the trick wasn't going to work on her. She simply continued to keep her distance while in a protective posture, silently watching her opponent to catch her technique.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:14 am

Rhena pivoted around on her paw and lowered her stance. The one hit-KO wouldn't take so she had to improvise. She knew a fight was good when the pony didn't topple over in the first few seconds. Flipping her right sword, she paced side to side, measuring up her foe who seemed to be much more sure-footed than she looked. Closing the distance, she made a quick jab with her left sword and came down with a stronger right blow.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:38 am

As the two beings fought, a griffon in a travelers cloak observed quietly. He was a messenger for the griffon located at Port De'luge, and was sent to deliver a notice to the griffoness. What was in the notice, well, it was not his place to see or know what he delivered.

Regardless of how the fight turned out, this griffon would be talking to Rhena, one way or another.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffonic Army
Profession: Colonel
Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:55 pm

Shady thrust her guarded foreleg upwards to knock away to sword that had been thrust towards her, attempting to move away from the second blade, only to receive a shallow cut on her cheek before she could escape. Once away, she brought a hoof up to the slightly bleeding cut, seeming more worried about the slightly damaged band keeping her day goggles on rather than her harmed cheek that would eventually heal.

The mare slowly circled around the griffoness while hovering just above the ground with the help from her wings. Her fangs escaped from the corners of her mouth, expression a focused scowl.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Rhena notice the bat pony hesitate and observe her rather than attack. She disliked fighting cautious ones but recalled what she would usually do in the case she ever fought one. Balance wasn't only physical, but mental too.

The griffon sniffed the air dramatically and brought down the sword's blade, glancing at the small red tint on the tip. She licked the blood off of the weapon and grinned widely at the bat pony. With a soft beat of her golden wings, the griffoness opened her stance into a more aggressive form with an obvious striking point to her puffy, feathery chest.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:58 pm

Shady continued to eye her opponent, expression remaining in a scowl despite her hidden eyes locking onto the griffoness' chest. Shifting herself ever so slightly in preparation for a strike, she suddenly thrust herself forward, stabbing her blade towards her opponent's chest in an attempt at giving her a non-lethal blow.

Come to mama... She thought silently to herself.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:06 pm

The griffoness expected a frontal assault but was taken aback by the smaller creature's speed. She held a strong block out with her closest sword and stepped to the side ever so slightly, attempting to get around her opponent. Unable to counterattack at the same time, Rhena hoped that the pony's blade would glance off hers and give her a free swing with the bat's back turned.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:15 pm

Shady expected a block to come, but not the type that did, forced to turn around slightly by the strength of the blow to her sword. Back turned, she gained a grin across her muzzle. The bat pony mare swiftly jabbed her armed foreleg backwards, aiming the blade on the grip guard of her weapon towards the griffoness with a slight chuckle leaving her lips. This battle was quite enjoyable.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:20 pm

With her keen griffon eyes, Rhena spotted the secondary blade moving towards her chest. She was quick to abandon her flat-bladed blow against the mare and instead carried her sword heavily down toward the incoming blade. Knowing the force behind her block would easily bury her sword into the ground, Rhena knew she had to make that risk. The griffon readied her other short sword at her side.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:27 pm

Shady's blade was struck by her foe's block, the strange angle of the strike causing the weapon to be wrenched from her grip and clang to the ground. She mare instinctively jumped away from the griffoness, turning to face her with her guarded foreleg up in front of her for protection. Not one to give up, she simply kept her eyes on her foe and fallen weapon to find an opening; if one came to her.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:35 pm

Rhena allowed the pony to back up as she backed over the weapon herself, looking at the unique design. "Very nice weapon you have, bat pony. I'm glad I got to fight you." She gave a small frown, noting the unfamiliar features. 

Simply standing on top of the double-bladed sword, Rhena chuckled at Shady's fighting spirit. "You've been disarmed, my lovely mare. What chances of winning do you have?" she taunted, while not noticing her own short sword was buried in the ground, unnoticed by the griffon. Drum up a crowd, Rhena thought to herself. One good taunt is worth a hundred bits.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:41 pm

Shady lowered her guarded foreleg to show the griffoness her fanged grin. "Against a whelp like you? I have all the chance in the world." She replied, keeping up her defensive stance. "Fighting isn't just about power, something that seems to go way over your head. One lucky shot doesn't make a victory."

The mare held her position tight, her grin only growing while waiting for her opponent's response, be it physical or verbal.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:46 pm

Rhena shifted back and forth, sashaying up to the mare in bounds with just her one sword held firmly in her grip. With a wide grin on her face, she fainted to her left and tried to be subtle. It had been a while since using only one sword, but she knew all the steps like the backs of her talons. She intended to draw herself in closer to the mare, allowing the griffon a more subduing strike with the pommel of her weapon.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:13 am

Shady kept her eyes on the griffoness, guarded leg in front of her face and body to keep herself protected. She didn't say anything as she shifted her body in an attempt at circling around to get closer to her dropped weapon.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:18 am

Rhena used her free clawed hand to grab at the pony's forelegs, trying to pin her by force. The pommel strike merely clanged off of the bat pony's defense, but she could clearly see the other go for her sword. The griffoness made one last lunge to steady her grabbing claws and possibly tackle the mare.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:27 am

Shady did her best to avoid the attack that was coming towards her, eyes growing wide as the griffon took her down to the floor. She winced slightly the moment her back contacted the hard pavement, bearing her fangs in anger. Though she knew the match was lost, she refused to admit defeat.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:32 am

Rhena pressed her body agains the bat pony. Her sword still remained in her talons, ready to emphasize her win to the young mare. With a grin and a chuckle, the golden griffon whispered softly to the defeated creature, "Do you yield?" she asked. "Well-fought, my friend." she began a little louder for whatever crowd was present to hear. "I haven't had a skirmish like that in years."
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:36 am

Shady closed her eyes as sighed. "I yield..." She replied in a disappointed tone of voice. She held her position, unable to move with the heavy griffon on top of her, simply laying her head back to wait for the ability to stand again. "It was fun at least... Tisis will probably kill me for doing this rather than my job, though."
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:42 am

"Well, good luck with that. That's why you don't see me hanging with those OGI scrubs. Way too serious for my taste." Rhena stood up and ignored the mare on the ground and waved at the somewhat unimpressed but growing crowd around them. Her hope was that the pony-filled East district would want to see blood and come to see her beat any potential representatives of their races.

With a sly look, she glance down at the bat pony. "Thanks for a good time. Enjoy the rest of your day." she said in a snarky manner. Heading back to her stool, the griffoness grabbed twenty bits from the folder and set them on the ground next to Shady. "As I promised." said Rhena, looking around the crowd for any potential duels.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Silhouette Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:50 am

Shady swiftly rolled back onto her hooves, picking up the coins and putting them back into her sack wallet that hung on her hip. Ignoring the stinking cut in her cheek, she gathered up her sword and set it back into its sheath before she slunk off to the side, deciding to stay around the area for a bit and lifting herself high up near the top of a building. Resting herself, the bat mare hung herself off of a window sill by her hind legs.
Shady Silhouette
Shady Silhouette
Pip Squeak
Pip Squeak

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:28 am

With the clinking of metal on cobblestone, Johan stood beside his aide in a shadowy alley. Adjusting the metal covering of his mask, he gave a quiet chuckle.

"When you sent a messenger to retrieve me, I thought you a fool, Rendcrest. But now I see you were serious about the mark. I knew I had a good feeling about Rhena the moment I saw her dossier."

The aide only nodded in confirmation silently. With eyes as sharp as daggers, he looked at the retreating batpony with curiosity. Johan, noting this, shook his head. 

"No Rendcrest, that mare if if I recall correctly was a batpony... I don't trust anything with four hooves. Filthy vermin." Johan looked at Rhena again, and gave an unseeable grin beneath his featureless mask. "She'll make a fine agent, however." Hoisting up his hood so that it mostly hid his head, and tying a scarf about his face, the colonel went on his way towards Rhena.

"Excuse me, do you have a moment, miss Rhena Fullplume?" His mask gave his words an metallic, echoey cast, and the body concealing cloak hid his emaciated frame. Adding this to his scarf and hood, that made the only thing visible of his body Johan's lenses. Thick, tinted glass hid his pale green eyes from view.

"
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:01 pm

Rhena stared at the approaching figure, not expecting such a sight. The covered griffon was a little uncanny and hard for her mind to wrap around, but seeing a fellow griffon already in this dirty heap of stallions and mares made her curious in what he had to say.

"I certainly do have a moment." replied the griffoness who was staring at the other up and down, trying to understand what he actually was underneath the clothing. With a slight smirk, Rhena gave hooded griffon her full attention. "Unless you want to fight me, fifty bits buy in. Though..." she paused a moment, "You don't sound too good. I only like fighting those who have a fair shot at winning." Rhena backed into the corner casually, ushering the other griffon over with her.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:13 pm

Johan gave a dry chuckle as she led him in to the alleyway. "You're right, I am in no condition to fight, Miss Rhena." The sound of metal on stone was quiet, but still audible as he padded after Rhena.

"So, what is an illustrious member of the Effulgent Plumages doing here, in Manehatten?" Johan's voice rang out at a volume only Rhena could hear.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:20 pm

Rhena gave the griffon a strange, confused look. "I'm looking for someone, actually. No one you would know." She shook her head with a grimace, "No one I know, in fact. I just figured I'm good at dueling so I might as well have fun doing it." The griffoness sat down on the stool and looked up at the gaunt figure. "Trust me, I'd rather be here dueling ponies than doing what my parents say back in the kingdoms." she smirked.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:24 pm

Johan silently leaned against the wall, his cloak rustling against the rough brick. Looking at her with his blank lenses, he made a cryptic statement.

"That was the same attitude your sister had, you know. Not wanting to listen to her parents."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:27 pm

At the mention of her sister, the gold griffon immediately stood up and puffed out her wings and tail threateningly. "What the hell do you know about my sister, buddy?" said Rhena, getting her face close to the masked griff. "She was loyal, maybe not to mother and father, but she had respect for your precious military." she growled low.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:31 pm

Johan kept his cool at Rhena's outburst. Tilting his head, the sun glinted off his lenses in a brief second. 

"Well of course I knew that, Rhena. But how do you know I'm military?"
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:35 pm

"I know your type..." Rhena calmed down enough to back away and sit back down on her stool. Her arms were folded on her feathery chest. "Too many self important captains approach me looking for a good fighter to help them with a blah blah blah." Rhena shrugged with disdain, "It doesn't work, I'm happy with how I'm doing things, thank you very much." she concluded, but still was curious why the other was still there.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:43 pm

Johan gave a small beak-click. "Are you truly happy Rhena? I remember you as such an optimistic noblehen... whatever happened to you?" Johan raised a gloved talon and adjusted something beneath his scarf.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:50 pm

Rhena ignored the question, but looked closer at the griffon. "Who are you?" she asked, cocking her head back and forth with her eyes narrowing down to slits. "How do you know so much about my sister and family?" Standing up, the griffoness marched around the cloaked griffon, studying him.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Johan gave a dry chuckle. "Why, don't you remember me... that one illegitimate son of the Halden Duchy's ruler, the crippled scholar?" Giving a laugh he shook his head. "Of course, I am unrecognizable now. Some advantages to being masked, of course." Withdrawing his hood and scarf with his left talkn, his head was revealed. A single tube ran from the beak of his head-covering mask, into his cloak. The mask itself was made of metal, and seemed to be attached to a leather covering that was attached to his face. The breathing tube made a quiet hissing noise, constantly bringing air to the griffon.

"It is I, Johan "Haldenschloss", or "Tercel", as my chosen name is. It is good to see you again Rhena."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:15 pm

A smile spread on Rhena's face after Johan properly introduced himself. With a confident slap to his left shoulder, she barked out, "Johan, you bastard! How are you doing? I haven't seen you since we were little, when you, Rhika and I played together and ran off when our families met for who knows what!"

Her smile faded a little as she looked him up and down again, realizing the true effect of the war. "You've been through some tough stuff it looks like. I didn't even know you had joined the war effort with my sis. Of course, I've never kept track of the war itself not until... Rhika passed." She looked down as she mentioned this, unable to compile her emotions.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:22 pm

Johan put his cold, metal right talon on Rhena's shoulder. "There there, Rhena. I think it would make you feel better to know that Rhika and I served together for the majority of the war. Her as my constant bodyguard after the... accident, that took my wings, arm, and lungs from me." Tilting his head, he gave a sad smile that Rhena would never see. 

"I am glad to see you unharmed and still as good a fighter as ever."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:26 pm

"Sis was way better than I ever was, Johan." Rhena smiled lightly again, forcing herself to be happy in the memory of Rhika. "She had one thing that I've never cared for, discipline. That's why she chose the fight in the war. Made me seem like a no good sword for hire." With a smirk, she stood a ways from Johan, "I didn't know she was your bodyguard. Sounds like you became a pretty important griffon!"
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:31 pm

Giving a nod, Johan agreed with Rhena. "Yes... you could say that. My full title is Colonel Johan Tercel of the Tsar's 14th Artillery Corps." Giving a small laugh, he tilted his head. "Sword for hire? Rhena, I thought you only fought for causes you believed in?"
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:39 pm

The griffoness shrugged at the comment, "I did when I was younger and dumber than I am now. Turns out that most of those causes back home were just family feuds and silly things like, "This family stole my bride, duel their champion to win her back for me!"" Rhena laughed at this memory and nodded, "Yes, I'm through with that. Just fighting for myself these days and... for Rhika." she somberly turned away from her long-time friend.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:14 pm

Johan nodded carefully, the metal plates on his neck clinking against eachother. "Perhaps... I may be able to help you find your sister's killer, Rhena." Adjusting a knob by his lenses, he opened the thick glass to reveal young, emerald eyes, sealed from the rest of his face by thick leather. "Please, join me at Port De'Luge, in the position your sister once held. I need good advice in these troubled times, and a strong sword at my side." 

Extending his left, intact talon, he gave a smile. This time, however, his removed lenses allowed Rhena to see the hints of a smile by how the muscles near his eyes moved. Johan hoped she would join him. A friendly face was in dire need in Manehatten.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:25 pm

Rhena bowed a little at the offer with a gasp on her face. The golden griffon's grin no longer remained on her face, rather her beak was a stoic line, not wanting to betray her emotions. "Anything to find the one responsible. Anything, Johan. Just give me a chance."

For a second, Rhena wanted to salute the Colonel but then decided to reserve her allegiance for the time being. "I'll have to warn you. I don't do well taking orders. I'm not like Rhika, who was loyal to the end." she stated as an addendum.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:35 pm

Johan reinserted his lenses and tightened them with a couple movements of his left talon as he spoke to Rhena. "I don't want discipline, I have a fort full of mindless soldiers for discipline Rhena. No, what I need is skill and loyalty not because of coin, but because of your choice." Giving Rhena a deep, respectful bow, he put on his scarf and hood to hide his face once more. 

Taking a note of paper, he gave the letter to Rhena quietly. 

"This is a special identification paper that shows you work for me. It's a one use visa, however, and only meant for you and you alone. If you decide to join me at De'Luge, contact Rendcrest at the Griffon Headquarters. Or, you can join me now."

Johan gave a sharp whistle to signal his transportation, a wooden carriage that rolled up to the alleyway where the two griffons conversed. "Choice is yours, Rhena."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:41 pm

Rhena looked at the carriage and then back to the note that was given to her. She went out into the street and retrieved her fallen sword, slapping it back into her remaining sheath. She softly preened the feathers around her ears and eyes, trying to make herself a little more presentable. "I'll go with you. I doubt I'll find any more likely candidates here. That bat pony was close enough to rival whoever killed my sister but not the right one."

She sighed deeply, stretching out a taloned hand to her now crippled friend. "Johan, I would be honored to join you for whatever you will have me do. I promise to be just as loyal as my sister ever was."
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:56 pm

Taking her talon in his, he nodded at her words. He would silently pull her in to the carriage, and nod at the Rendcrest (who was driving) to move.

"That's all I would ask, Rhena. Thank you."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:00 pm

Nodding to her old, yet altogether, new friend, Rhena rode in the carriage. With a pop, she stretched her arms behind her head and yawned. Maybe she would catch a quick nap before they reached their destination.

Summary: Participants: Rhena Fullplume, Shady Silhouette, Johan Tercel
Rhena Fullplume, a female griffon duelist waits in the East District for any potentional duels to make money off of. Shady Silhouette appears, a bat pony who Rhena surmises works for the griffons. They spar and with some difficulty Rhena wins but treats the pony fairly. This gains the attention of another griffon Johan Tercel who expressly intended to talk to Rhena about his and her shared past that would have gone unnoticed due to the latter's disfigurement. They decide to make a deal and Rhena rides off with Johan to the griffon HQ.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down