MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gang's All Here [Private]

3 posters

Go down

The Gang's All Here [Private] Empty The Gang's All Here [Private]

Post by Johan Tercel Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:54 pm

December 17th

Port De'Luge

Firing Range

Johan watched silently from his elevated observation platform. While Rhena had gone to persuade Hepheasteaus to join Johan at De'Luge, the crippled griffon had been busy preparing a test of one of De'Luge's many cannons. The particular piece that was being used was a personal favourite of Johan's; the Urchin Gun, a volley gun with 14 rifle barrels contained in one piece. A rarity(and expensive), the Urchin was a piece of Johan's personal collection. 
Several hay bales had been set up in the snow, with target paper set up on each. This the targets were different than the normal "bullseye" however. Instead of a smaller central circle within the diameter of a larger one, these simply had a large red circle with nothing inside, save blank paper. Of course, this matched what the exercise was: simply a demonstration of what made volley guns a fearsome sight on the battlefield. Raising his one good talon, he gave the signal for the crew to begin firing the weapon.
Within moments, the gun roared to life; shots rang out one after the other, propelled at bone shattering speed towards the haybales. More than a few missed the bales altogether, but those that hit, hit hard. Hoof-sized holes were ripped in the paper from the impact, and pieces of shattered lead were strewn throughout the hay.
Clicking his beak in excitement, Johan allowed himself a brief laugh. 
"That will do. Repack the gun and mount it back at the prison. I am sure the good warden now appreciates the value a gun like this would have during a prison break." Giving a glance beside him, he chuckled at the corpulent open-beaked griffon beside him; Captain Drassil, the Warden of De'Luge. He had questioned the expense and usefulness of the Urchin the day before. Now, it seemed he had quickly rethought his prior opinion in light of the demonstration.
Smiling beneath his gray metal helmet, Johan began thinking quietly. Rhena should be back soon with that agent, if all went well. Hopefully his ingenuity will be as useful as my contacts said it would be. Worst case scenario, the dragon is still useful as a secondary bodyguard about my person.
Standing up from his seat, Johan would walk in his peculiar way of his towards the balcony, and lean over it as he waited for Rhena to return.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffonic Army
Profession: Colonel
Back to top Go down

The Gang's All Here [Private] Empty Re: The Gang's All Here [Private]

Post by Rhena Fullplume Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:40 pm

The hen should have been beaming from her success at retrieving the dragon, but the cold had gotten to her enough on the walk back that her previous victory seemed stained a little. Rhena was expected, of course. Her longtime friend and now her employer wasn't easy to find. She had to stop to ask for his whereabouts a few times before a prison guard was helpful enough to mention a demonstration in a prison courtyard. She nodded thanks and led the dragon that accompanied to the place that was mentioned.

Upon entering the clearing from a stone archway, Rhena spotted the disfigured bales of hay and looked around for any sign of Johan. Her eyes glanced up and she saw the unforgettable masked face of the griffon. Her smile returned and she pointed to the charcoal black figure that she had brought along. "Look, Johan! I did what you asked me to. Your dragon has arrived!"

Rhena looked around the cold open area in front of her, only wondering what happened when she was gone. She tilted her head up to Johan, "Do you mind if we come up there? It's been a cold hike from the industrial district." she asked, raising her voice so she could be clearly heard by the other griffon.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:59 pm

Johan heard Rhena's question, and pointed at the doorway to the inside of the compound. Yelling, Johan replied. "Meet me in my study, Rhena. I'll have my aide prepare a fire for us three." Nodding at his nearby Diamond Dog servant, Johan gave a once-over of the dragon.

Shedding, prosthetic membranes, characteristic charcoal colouration.. that appears to be Hepheastus. Hopefully the dragon lives up to his reputation. 

Turning, Johan tightened up his cloak and went inside De'Luge. Heading to his study quickly, the armoured griffon clicked his beak in appreciation at the roaring fire in the hearth that greeted him. Nodding at his servant in thanks, he sat at his desk and awaited the two beings.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Chili Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:19 am

The dragon followed Rhena throughout Port De'Luge silently, trying to restore feeling to his feet as they walked by scuffling them on the ground as they searched for his employer-to-be, who's name was apparently Johan. Upon entering the prison court, Chili could feel the hard-earned warmth get sucked right back out of him, which suffice to say took a toll on his demeanor. He looked over to Rhena, stepping to the side as she pointed at him before following her gaze to the masked griffon on the balcony. 

Chili listened to Johan and Rhena exchange pleasantries, not taking his eyes off of his future employer as he scratched the base of his tail, causing a scale or two to fall from his body and hit the ground with a clatter. The dragon was tempted to simply fly up to the balcony cut to the chase, but when he heard Johan mention the word "fire", he knew that it would probably be for the best to wait it out just a bit longer. Once the masked tercel vanished into his study, Chili looked over at Rhena. "Well, let's not keep him waiting any longer, shall we?"
Chili
Chili
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:41 am

Rhena willfully lead Chili through the stone corridors of the prison. They passed several guards along the way through the familiar path. "Sorry about the extra walking time. Turns out he'd rather meet us further in his study." she grumbled out with a heavy sigh. "I don't think I can go any longer without a break, how about you?"

The griffon didn't wait for an answer, but kept a steady path. They finally came in front of the study door and Rhena pushed the dragon to a halt. With a wary eye, the hen whispered, "Johan is... different. I expect that no matter what you see you will be respectful to him in every aspect." growling, she continued, "Do you understand me?"
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chili Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:55 am

Chili's scales rippled in anticipation, making a clattering sound akin to dominoes falling over as he stared ahead at the door that led to Johan's study. "Rhena," he said in a somewhat exhausted tone. "I once did information brokering for a griffon who had half his face missing. It disturbed me greatly, but when one works in this kind of field, you learn to keep your opinions to yourself." he tilted his head and gave the griffoness a sidelong glance. "You should learn to do that before its too late."
Chili
Chili
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:07 am

"To do what, be respectful?" she laughed and then placed her talons on the door to the study. "Respect is something that's hard to come by for a griffon like me. I'd rather not get bogged down in semantics about it, but..." Rhena tilted in close to the dragon and smirked, "Between you and me, I don't appreciate any of this military-grade respect that floats around here. Something about it unnerves me." She leaned back to her original position. "But, Johan is a griffon you can trust. He gains my respect for certain." Opening the door to the office, she motioned a talon inside, "Let's go meet him, shall we?"
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:30 am

Johan looked up from the reports on his desk as Rhena opened the door. "Ah, there you are! I was beginning to worry you had become lost." Collecting the documents, he placed them into his desk. They were worrying, at least to him, but they could wait for the conversation between the three to end. 

"Glad to see you found Hepheastus. Come in, come in, the fire's roaring, and I had Granitz bring some chairs." Beckoning with his one good talon towards several comfortable chairs arrayed near the fire, Johan got off the chair with an invisible wince. His right arm's stump was hurting from the cold weather, and putting too much weight on it was definitely uncomfortable for the crippled griffon. Thankfully, the mask managed to hide his moment of pain from the two, and he managed to get to a chair nearby and seat himself down.

"Sit, and we'll be discussing employing you, Hepheastus-" He nodded at the dragon. "-and our collective 'next move'." He nodded at Rhena at this statement.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:03 pm

Rhena motioned with her head over to the chairs. She didn't know how well the dragon would fit in them but let the creature take a seat nearer to the fire. Neatly sitting down and crossing her legs, the gold hen smiled at the mention of any future plans the other griffon had in mind.

"It took some time waking the dragon up." Rhena gave Chili a hard look at this. "But he is here and that is all that matters for that little assignment." The griffon unfurled her wings, letting the warm fire dry out the ice and cold that had stuck to her on the trip there. "From the sounds of things, you have some new toys to play with in your back yard?" she asked, pointing a claw in the direction of the courtyard. "Safety precaution, I assume?"
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chili Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:07 pm

Chili stepped inside Johan's study, his scales rippling again as he felt the warmth from the fire. He bowed slightly in gratitude to the masked tercel before taking a seat in one of the provided chairs, inching it as close to the fire as he possibly could without seeming impolite.
Chili
Chili
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:56 pm

Johan noted the look that Rhena gave the dragon, and invisibly raised an eyebrow. Difficulties waking the dragon up... well it is hibernation season for an adolescent such as he. Perhaps he'd feel comfortable near De'Luge's boilers.

Johan imperceptibly smiled as Chili put his chair as close to the fireplace as he could. "Hepheastus, I am incredibly sorry to have exposed you to the cold of winter. Please, if you require the fire be stoked just say the word." Johan's voice was muffled slightly by his leather under-mask, and he currently was only in a modified dress uniform, none of his characteristic armour (save his chestplate) attached to his person. "And Rhena, not necessarily a new toy, but definitely a favourite one. A rare, antiquated Urchin Gun from the Kingdoms. Part of my personal collection." Giving a chuckle, the pale gray griffon looked at the two with his amber-lensed eyes.

"However, my hobbies aside, we do have business to attend to. Granitz, if you would, please pass Hepheastus his contract." Nodding at the Diamond Dog, who was standing by the door in sharp Halden attire, the servant walked to the nearby cabinet and withdrew a thin-looking dossier. Turning about crisply, the Diamond Dog gave the document to Chili, and returned to his position.

"Thank you Granitz. Now, as you will see, your contract is concise. In summary, your duties will be to assist me in my research and inventions, and to protect me from bodily harm. You will also occasionally be called upon to perform 'odd jobs' as is your specialty. As an independent contractor, you can go, as can Rhena, into the city freely unlike me."

Giving a small cough to clear his throat, Johan continued. "As a member of the Griffonic Military, I am not allowed to enter the city unless the exact reason for my trip is given, and if I have a local member of the militias or law enforcement accompany me. I managed to exploit this to find you, Rhena. Reconnecting with a long lost friend is an easy matter to argue for. Finding said friend to offer them a high-paying job...not as easy to argue for." Tapping the lens of his mask with his good talon, the crippled griffon gave a sigh.

"Officially, my talons are tied with the worst grade of restraint... unnecessary local bureaucracy and laws. Manehatten is a cesspool of corruption, with griffons fat off government gold holding office. This, my friends, needs to change." Standing from his chair, the griffon hobbled to the painting on the wall, and studied for several moments before continuing. "However, these corrupt officials are not without their use. They know this city's underbelly like their mother's teat, and can prove to be temporary allies in the long game of politics and power. This is why I will be holding a formal ball in a month's time. The upper class of Manehatten will be invited, and it is our job, Rhena, to 'meet and greet' with them, however disgusting they may be. I trust you still remember the lessons your mother taught you when you were young?" Johan quipped.

"Hepheastus, your job is security. I want you to make De'Luge as secure as possible. This will be a joint effort between you and Granitz, my servant. He has familiarized himself with the layout of the fort, and will be able to show you the hidden nooks and crannies about the place. I want traps in case of a terrorist attack, and I want any weaknesses removed if possible, or minimized if necessary. Understood?"
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Chili Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:02 am

The dragon nodded slowly as he read through the document that Granitz gave him. "I see..." he murmured before sliding the papers underneath one of the scales on his stomach for safekeeping. Reverting his focus to Johan, Chili leaned forward in his chair slightly, letting his wings hang over the back of his seat. "Now, making a facility like this safer and more secure shouldn't be an issue, but I do have a few questions that I would like to have answered before I begin assessing the grounds..."

Last edited by Chili on Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Chili
Chili
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:52 am

Rhena listened to this all intently. She hung onto every word that Johan spoke, her head bobbing up and down in affirmation of the griffon's ideas and commands. Once he got to explaining the formal ball, Rhena's beak frowned deeply. She shifted in her seat and looked away from Johan and snarled a little bit.

At the mention of lessons with her mother, the hen scoffed, "Yeah, yeah. This is how you greet a dignitary, a diplomat, a baron and the tsar if the great egg wills it. This is how you eat, this is how you dance and so on and so forth." She looked straight into Johan's eyes and grumbled low. "As long as you are paying for the dress, I'll be a little high-class stooge." she said with narrow eyes.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:07 am

Johan nodded at the black-scaled dragon. "Ask away, and I will do my utmost best to answer any and all questions you may have." Looking at Rhena next, he clicked his beak in agreement with her statement. "Yes, a dress would be a necessary investment. However, I doubt Manehatten possesses any dressmakers for griffonesses. We'll need to order some from the Kingdoms."

Raising his talon to get Granitz' attention, Johan gave a slight cough. "May Granitz get you anything,l to eat or drink, you two?"
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Chili Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:22 pm

Chili nodded at Johan's reply, glad to see he was willing to be open to questions. "First off, what I want to know is logistics: What kind of materials will I be allowed to use, and what will I readily have access to? Secondly, I would like to know any and all constraints that are set against me, be they, costs, deadlines, or some such to that effect." The dragon paused to smooth out a few scales on his arm that had raised slightly on their own. "Lastly," he said before pausing to clear his throat. "Considering the current weather patterns in our...heh, "fair city", I would like to request to be provided a berth located in this compound so I do not have to be subjected to the same frigid trip two times a day for the rest of the winter."

The dragon leaned forward in his seat, staring at the masked tercel across from him. "Would that be something you would find acceptable?"
Chili
Chili
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:14 pm

"Some wine please." requested Rhena as Johan asked she'd like a drink. She turned to the diamond dog and grinned a little, "Something heavy like a fruit wine or brandy if you have it." Turning back around to listen to the dragon speak, Rhena nodded her head and errantly yawned. Drumming her claws against the arm rest, she waited until Chili finished and then spoke up. "Johan, you probably should accommodate him the way he says. The way both griffons and ponies are dropping out there in the cold, a guy like him could use some housing."

Her face went a little flatter as her eyes squinted towards her friend. "Something from the kingdoms would be nice, but I was thinking of making a good impression for the folks here. They might be more receptive to us if we wore something made in this country. Promoting unity and such." Rhena waved her talons in the air dramatically. "Besides, I'd like to check out the local stores to see if there is anything that would suite me now."
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:39 pm

Granitz nodded at Rhena, and gave a small bow to the seated griffon before retreating to the wine room. Taking a fragrant strawberry wine from the rack, he returned with the bottle and several goblets, and proceeded to pour Rhena a healthy amount of the sweet-smelling wine. "An Aquillian Strawberry Blush, mistress Rhena. From your region as well." The Diamond Dog retreated and stood at his prior position.

-----

The masked griffon gave waved a talon to the dragon, and turned from the painting. "Do not worry, I think I have just the place for you. De'Luge possesses a rather warm boiler room. I trust that would be to your tastes, Herr Hepheastus?" 

Thinking over the dragon's several questions, Johan mulled it over. The ball will be taking place in a month's time... I'm fairly certain I can write the money off as security measures, so I doubt money will be much of an issue; the real question is the deadline.

"I think a period of three weeks is my answer to your question. Materials need to be mostly local. Concrete, metal, wood... special materials should go by me first before you order them."

Johan tilted his head at Rhena. "If you wish to 'shop local', I shall accompany you. Of course I'd need to remove my... mask, so as to not attract undue attention. I am sure my unique artifical countenance is well known to the Equestrians. However, almost no one in this city knows my true face. The downside is that I'll be unable to talk, my friend." Giving a chuckle, the gray griffon smiled beneath his leather mask. "A silent noble would be accompanying you instead of an armoured Colonel."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Chili Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Chili nodded earnestly, at Johan's reply. "Yes, that would be perfect...I could probably help maintain the boiler as well, if that's necessary." the dragon shifted uneasily in his seat as the griffon continued."Mh, three weeks? That's a bit of a hasty deadline for such a task, but I think that I could take care of securing the areas of higher priority in that time..."  Chili shifted again as he used his tail to stoke the fire a little before continuing. "As far as your other constraints go, those seem awfully sound and manageable. Once I finish assessing the grounds, I'll begin working on designs and format a materials list for you to review."
Chili
Chili
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:12 pm

Rhena stared into her glass, swirling the liquid inside of it and then finally took a large gulp. She didn't bother tasting it but smiled anyways. "Thanks. It's delicious." she nodded to Johan. The griffoness waited until the dragon was finished, impatiently tapping her claws, but drinking her wine with enthusiasm. After Chili stopped, the hen placed the empty glass on the floor below her and cleared her throat.

"That sounds rather fun, actually. In regards to your unmasking, if you think it would be better to go like that, then I am all for it." Rhena smirked a little as her back left paw lightly tilted and played with the glass below her. "It's been a while since I've seen your face, Johan. I wonder how much you have changed." The glass fell on its side, not spilling any liquid as its large bowl kept it in. "Amazing wine, by the way. Another glass would be nice." she suggested, looking at Chili. "You sure you don't want anything to warm yourself with?"
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:39 pm

Johan bowed his masked head at the dragon. "I thank you for agreeing to sign on with me, Hepheastus. I trust that we will have a long and fruitful working relationship." Approaching and extending his talon, he would offer to shake with Chili to seal the contract. 

Afterwards, regardless if Chili shook or not, Johan would turn to Rhena and give a small laugh. "It will be uncomfortable for me I must admit, as my poor face almost never sees the sunlight. But, I'm sure a hat and goggles will suffice." Scratching where the leather of his breathing mask met his skin, Johan continued. "I'll send the paperwork to the Headquarters on the morrow, and we should expect to leave in a week. Until then, I, at least, will be confined to De'Luge for now."

Nodding at Granitz to refill Rhena's glass, Johan looked at Chili again. "Would you like something warm to eat? We have no shortage of beef, pork, chicken, or fish here."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Chili Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:53 am

Chili smiled broadly as he leaned forward, his amber eyes shining with abition. "As do I, sir." he said as he extended his massive claw to clasp Johan's in a firm handshake. As soon as their claws connected, they were enveloped in a painless green flame. The dragon looked down at the fire and smiled sheepishly, retreating from the handshake. "Ah, sorry about that...just a little thing I do to seal contracts..."

At the offer of food, Chili let out a wheezing laugh, his scales rattling like seeds in a rainstick. "Ah, no thank you, sir, but I couldn't...I actually ate before I came here, to tell you the truth..." the dragon said with a small chuckle, giving Rhena a quick look before redirecting his attention back to Johan.
Chili
Chili
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:44 pm

Johan gave a small chuckle. "Please, Hepheastus, no need to stand on ceremony here. I do not mind if you call me Johan. If I wanted military respect, I would have brought my staff here." His tone was reassuring and warm, but still had the same muffled cast it always did. However, when Chili had the harmless fire envelope their conjoined talon and claw, Johan gave a small intake of breath.

"Oh my... sorry, you startled me Hepheastus. I've never seen Drake-flame before... truly marvelous."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:12 pm

Rhena rolled her eyes at the mention of Chili's meal earlier. The smell of something vaguely burnt and avian still lingered in her memory. She shook it away and brought the now full cup of wine to her beak, guzzling at least half of it in one go. "It's majestic, alright." she stated flatly, referring to the dragon's flame.

The griffoness eventually finished her entire glass and set it down on the floor once again. This time it fell over with some of the blush liquid spilling into the chair. She moved her paw in to cover up the stain that slowly formed. "It's too bad we have to wait a week for the paperwork. What holds you back from just getting up, taking off your mask and leaving the prison?" asked Rhena sternly.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:52 pm

Johan shook his head. "It's a matter in which I have absolutely no control. As the garrison commander of De'Luge, certain griffons in Manehatten notice when I'm absent, and begin to ask questions." Johan have a single sharp laugh, humourless as his mask. "It's better to play by their rules... for now."

Johan patted Rhena on the shoulder with his one good talon. "Besides, what's the point of being a Colonel without a little paperwork, eh?"
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:26 am

Rhena folded her arms and looked in a direction away from Johan. Her eyes glanced at the diamond dog but averted downwards to the floor. "I don't understand why you're working with the military even after they clearly are just stooges for the colonial government." Her voice was not bitter, but her scrunched beak wrinkled and revealed her true feelings on the subject. "What do you think Rhika would say about having to wait a period of a week just to go out and buy some things? I've read her letters, she was proud to be with a tight-nit outfit that knew how to handle the war and combat purely out of intuition." Rhena flushed a little, not expecting her own outburst, but didn't care what Chili or even Johan's response would be.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:54 am

Johan gave a light laugh, this time with good humour. "The military is much more autonomous than one might think, dearest Rhena. For example... did you know I've been getting letters from my friends back home, in the Kingdoms? Things are changing. The people are tired of a divided nation... full of colonial city-states, with no real central power." Looking at Granitz, Johan gave a slight nod when Rhena wasn't looking. The servant quickly gave a nod in return, and corked the bottle, placing the tray aside and standing back at attention. 

Continuing to talk to Rhena, Johan gave a smile. "As I said, things are changing. The military may have its flaws, but I believe it has the greatest hope for the future. I know that you may not approve of it, but I can assure you..." Johan made eye contact, and his voice took a harder cast. "...we won't be the playthings of the Tsar for much longer."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:08 am

With her head on her clenched claws, the gold griffon mulled all of what Johan said over. She eyed him suspiciously, not sure of what to say next. "This sounds a lot like treason, Johan." mumbled the hen. Rhena sat back, resting her head now against the comfortable chair. The glass below bobbled back and forth, the liquid rolling gently in it. "You have nothing to worry, however. I have no loyalty to the Tsar anymore than the military. In fact..." Her eyes lit up as she smiled, "I have no clue what you are talking about, I'm just a simple, loyal bodyguard to a one Johan Tercel." Rhena gave a little smirk to the two of them.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chili Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:32 pm

Chili looked between Rhena and Johan as they spoke, not entirely too sure about what was going on between the two. All the same, it wasn’t really any of his business, so the dragon opted to keep quiet as the griffons talked, using his tail to stoke and prod at the fire.
Chili
Chili
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:08 am

Johan nodded with approval at Rhena. "Very good, I'm glad you understand. I'll tell you two more when the need arises. Now, however, we must focus on the present. I will make sure to submit the paperwork so that you and I can get you properly outfitted, Rhena. And Hepheastus, I want a list of what you'll need as soon as possible."

"If you two have any more questions, now is the time to ask. Otherwise, you may do as you please for the remainder of the day."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:47 pm

Rhena slowly shook her head in response. "There's nothing else I am concerned about. This really is your show, Johan. But, please..." With a stare from her purple eyes, the gold hen spoke in a lower voice. "If there is anything else I can do to help around here, other than conversing with nobles in a dinner party that is, let me know. Our dragon friend here might be used to being cooped up in tight spaces for a long time, but I've been traveling for the past four years. I'm going to need something in the next couple of weeks to stretch my legs."
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:00 pm

Johan pondered Rhena's words for a moment. I have plans, many of them... but what to have Rhena do... Snapping his one good talon, the crippled griffon gave a chuckle. "Rhena, do you have any contacts among the good residents of this city? Any... beings that would be interesting?"

Still chuckling, he padded to his desk and sat himself down in his chair, and began detaching his legs. "Because I would be very pleased to make some non-griffon friends that won't hurt me in the near future."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Chili Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:11 pm

The dragon watched Johan detach his legs, shifting in his seat slightly before clearing his throat. "If it's all the same to you sir, I can get started on surveying the compound right now while you and Ms. Fullplume talk. It would help me get an understanding for what kinds of equipment I'll be needing to carry out your requests and help keep my blood flowing, if you don't mind..." he said, bowing slightly.
Chili
Chili
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:19 am

"Contacts?" The hen chuckled and began to laugh out loud. She gestured with a talon around the room, pointing at the door when she was finished. "I've been here for not very long and I tend not to make friends with ponies the instant I come into town. They smell strange, they eat weird leafy food and worst of all, they are afraid that I'll cut them down if I even talk to them briefly." Rhena snorted loudly and turned her head, arms folded over each other. After another moment, she opened an eye and stared it towards Johan. "I guess the only tolerable one I met was that bat pony a while ago I won against in a duel. You must have seen her. With weapons like that, she was probably griffon intelligence."
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:06 pm

Johan gave a nod and waved at the diamond dog servant. "Granitz will show you around and to your quarters. Anywhere except the maximum-security wing of the prison is open to you." The masked griffon gave a small snort of disapproval. "Not even I'm allowed there, unfortunately. In any case, good luck in your duties. If you require your accoutrements to be brought from your home to De'Luge, just inform me and I'll make the necessary arrangements."

Looking at Rhena now, the griffon gave a thoughtful click of his beak. "A possible OGI agent, eh? I'll look into her, but those Intelligence agents are hard to find. Restricted, need to know information too. Bah, Intelligence, they're anything but intelligent." Pewing his talons, Johan thought for a moment.

"In any case, I'll ask some of my contacts in Canterlot about a possible batpony agent in Manehatten. We need all the allies we can get at this point."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:09 pm

"She fought well, I'll give her that." Rhena sat there smiling from the memory of their duel. She tapped her talons against the arms of the chairs and then stretched out her wings and arms, the joints popping audibly. "If you do find something, let me know. Not that I'm excited to spend my cold afternoons in the company of an even colder bat pony, but I would like to know how that particular one ticks." Looking straight into Johan's face, she grinned, "Is there anything else you would like to tell me?"
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:34 pm

Johan nodded. "Yes, in fact I do. Are you still in possession of my pistol, Rhena?" Johan gave a quiet grin beneath his mask.

Granitz moved beside Chili. "May I be showing you to room now, Herr drak?"
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Chili Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:48 pm

Chili looked at Granitz and nodded quickly, pushing himself out of the chair he had begun to grow quite fond of. "Yes, yes, that would probably be for the best of things..." He looked over at Johan and Rhena, bowing slightly. "Thank you for your time, I look forward to working with you, sir." Turning back to Granitz, the dragon smiled slightly. "Well then, I'll let you lead the way."
Chili
Chili
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:20 pm

ranitz made a bow to the two griffons he would be leaving. Turning to Chili, he gave a reassuring smile. "Follow me." 

He would lead (If Chili followed) the dragon down to the depths of De'Luge, to the boiler room. Here was where the heat of the island was generated, as well as the hot water for the prisoners and military personnel. A large, but not expansive, room, it had more than enough space for a being to live (albeit sootily). 

"If you have need of anything, please do ask, Herr Drak."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Chili Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:48 pm

Chili followed Granitz into the island's boiler room, smiling broadly at the room's relative size. "This...is perfect." the dragon said as he walked about the room, letting his wings stretch out after keeping them closely pressed to his back for so long.

"Please convey my deepest gratitude to my new employer, Mr. Granitz," Chili said to the diamond dog with a nod of gratitude. "Once I get settled in here I shall begin my work immediately."
Chili
Chili
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:27 am

Granitz respectfully bowed to Chili. "Very good. If you have any requests, we have a dumbwaiter connected directly to the kitchens just down the hall. The staff will ensure you are fed most dishes; just know that the consumption of sapient meat is not condoned at De'Luge. That is our only code of conduct involving food, Here Drak."

Smiling, the diamond dog bowed again. "I will make sure your gratitude is relayed to my master as soon as possible. Please, on behalf of myself, I wish you a pleasant evening!" Giving a third and final bow, the diamond dog left the dragon to his own devices.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:23 am

Rhena nodded to Johan, reaching back into her small shoulder pouch under her sheathes and kneaded the item that resided inside. "Of course I still have it, didn't need to fire it once thank the egg. Why?" The gold hen pulled her arm out and placed it on her lap serenely and cocked her head toward her friend and colleague. "Do you have a mission for me that involves using that... thing? I told you that it really isn't my cup of tea, exploding shards of metal towards someone's face seems so... undignified." Fiddling with the cup under her paws, the griffon grumbled a little. "Sorry, I know how you like your toys."
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chili Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:00 pm

The dragon sighed as Granitz left, running a claw across the boilers components as he walked about the room. It was certainly better than what he had expecting to be provided, but he would need to talk to Johan about retrieving a portion of his possessions from his den in the Industrial District, some of which would be a necessity for the work the Colonel was expecting him to do. But that could wait for later.

For now, Chili focused on settling in to his new accommodations, twisting open a vent to enjoy a sharp blast of scalding steam to get his blood warmed up again. It wasn't like the furnace in his den, but it was definitely something the drake could get used to.
Chili
Chili
Semi-Newb
Semi-Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:06 pm

Johan gave a laugh and shook his head. "No no, Rhena, I don't mind. I know such things aren't your style. But, I would like you to keep it. Pistols, muskets, cannon... they are becoming more and more common these days. It would put me at ease knowing that you had one yourself."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:06 pm

The gold hen grimaced a little and then stood up from her seat. "Thanks for your concern, Johan, but as you might know, I miss the days when disputes could be settled between two champions in a duel and not with the massive explosive power from one of these things." She brought her claws away from the pouch and rested them against the back of the chair. "It just seems so strange and undignified. Impersonal." Rhena played with the griffon talon wrapped so neatly around her neck, bobbling it between her talons back and forth while staring at no one in particular.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:21 am

Johan gave a dry chuckle in response to Rhena's statement. "Yes... guns are rather impartial, aren't they? They aren't like blades, where a warrior would see their enemy die, right in front of them... instead, they insure the soldier feels less guilt at what they've done." 

Looking at Rhena, the griffon cracked a sad smile the griffoness would never see. "I just don't want you to fall like Rhika did, when her blade failed her..."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:52 pm

Rhena whispered out several soft curses, turning her head away from Johan with a gloomy grimace. She clutched the talon with her own claws even harder, almost causing her a good deal of pain in her hand. "She was the best swordsgriffon around. You know that, Johan!" Holding out the talon and staring at it longingly, she drew a big breath and sighed. "It was a joke. A fluke. Wartime is not a good time for us to fight, I always told her she could have made a better living doing mercenary work with me. Things happen beyond her control and some... blasted, ingrate pony!" She couldn't finish her sentence before she threw her wine glass against the wall, shattering it violently. Her head hung in her talons.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:28 pm

Johan widened his eyes in shock. "Rhena, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean-" and immediately moved up to console Rhena... forgetting that he had previously detached his prosthetic limbs. With a painful thump, the crippled griffon fell behind his desk with several loud curses, banging his head in the process. Thankfully, his helmet prevented a concussion; unfortunately, he left a rather large dent in the leg of the desk.

Groaning, he tried to get up with his one good arm, but after several seconds, his efforts were to no avail. Giving an exasperated sigh, the gray griffon closed his eyes in humiliation and breathed in from his mask quietly.

"Rhena... could you help me up to my chair?"
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fullplume Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:32 am

Rhena huffed a few exasperated breaths, but slowly turned to her friend. Her beak formed an "O" shape as she realized the trouble Johan was having. The hen swiftly moved over to him and shouldered the other griffon, heading toward his chair. "Sorry about the glass. I can buy you a new one or something once we're done with all of this." she said, suddenly concerned for her friend.
Rhena Fullplume
Rhena Fullplume
Sandvich
Sandvich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down