MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Moment of Peace [NOT CANNON][Closed]

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Moment of Peace [NOT CANNON][Closed] Empty A Moment of Peace [NOT CANNON][Closed]

Post by Freyia Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:04 pm

The sun was slowly starting to set as Freyia flew out of the distopia that was Manehatten. She was tired of all the ponies and griffons, their judgments, their anger, their ugliness. She looked out at the landscape. The ground rolled up and down like waves under the dark grey sky. A few houses marked the various farms that checkered the hills. A few patches of trees dotted the ground. Freyia continued to look, and saw it, a lonely tree in a field, long dead.

She landed next to it and sighed. When will this be over? was all she thought as she slowly trotted to the base of the old tree. She looked up at it and smiled. "You don't feel pain anymore, do you? No, you are at peace." She placed her spear on the ground, put a hoof on the dead wood and bowed her head. In a soft voice, as if a mother were calming her child, she prays:

In battles lost and struggles cease,
The spirit leaves while the body sleeps,
Your time is over, your fight is done,
No go and rest in the eternal sun,
Your song we will sing, and drink we will raise,
For those that are lost, we will see again some day.

Beauty in body, mind, and spirit,
Honor and Valhalla awaits you

She looked up at the large, bare tree. Her eyes held remorse and sorrow, but for what exactly, one cannot be sure.

Last edited by Freyia on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet
Alignment: Loyalist
Profession: Warrior

Back to top Go down

A Moment of Peace [NOT CANNON][Closed] Empty Re: A Moment of Peace [NOT CANNON][Closed]

Post by Johan Tercel Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:19 pm

Zweihander was in a daze. His memories, muddled after his encounter with Tisis, found himself flying sober for once. Glancing down, he saw the Pegasus that had the warriors spirit of Northern Griffons. Zweihander was a southern Griffon himself, but held a deep respect for Northerners harsh and spiritual way of life. Descending, he clumsily landed on a cloud to observe her.

The Pegasus appeared to be crying, standing next to a tree. What was she upset about, Zwei wondered.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffonic Army
Profession: Colonel
Back to top Go down

A Moment of Peace [NOT CANNON][Closed] Empty Re: A Moment of Peace [NOT CANNON][Closed]

Post by Steel Strike Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:32 pm

Steel Strike walked through the streets near the outskirts of town. He was returning from the market, having bought some odds and ends. He took the long way back to his shop, in case someone had left some scrap metal around for him to use. It was while he was on his way home he noticed a Pegasus. Something was off however. She was wearing armour. That's odd. Why would somepony wear armour in the middle of the day like that? he thought. Maybe the rebellion was becoming more organized then he had previously thought. Though as he approached, it seemed the armour was griffon made, but ponified. What in the hay? thought Steel and this caused him to approach closer to her. She seemed to be crying, or at least somberly depressed, touching a tree.

Forgetting the menacing armour, he suddenly felt sad for the pegasus. "Uh, excuse me. Not to interrupt, but, are you alright?" he asked, quietly, so as not to scare the pony.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel
Profession: Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:34 pm

The wind flew in streams of flowing energy, wrapping around the sunset gold of his coat. His wings, large and out stretched in a predatory glide of grace as they carried him over the outskirts of Manehatten. His orange eyes scanned the surface and the skies ahead, accurate and true, a gift his father left him in birth. He flicked his left wings feathers and banked to the side as his right wing lifted to compensate. His trajectory changed he made his second pass over the dry land.

It was then that he noticed something, rather unusual. It wasn't often he found others out here, which was mainly the reason he hung about here. Yet here before him were creatures, two in fact. A pony Pegasus and a Gryphon. Leo beat his powerful wings and raised into the heavens as he slowed to a casual glide, looking down upon the creatures, silently watching as if studying them.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:44 pm

Freyia was crying, very quietly. A few tears leaked out of her closed eyes. She was going through the war in her mind again. She had been through the whole thing, and while it was beautiful to her, she was overcome with grief. So many reasons to be sorrowful raced through her mind, she could not stop them.

Then she heard it, a small voice, not griffon. Kind, not meaning her harm. Pony, what could it want?. What does it mean, 'Am I alright'?. It was then she realized she was crying.

She quickly turned away so as to hide this fact from the intruder. She quickly wiped the tears from her face, this was very unbecoming of a warrior of her skills and honor.

She turned back to the pony, a slight red blush hard to conceal on her snow white mane. "What is this? Why are you here?" She eyed the spear on the ground. She planned how she would retrieve it if he jumped her.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Steel saw her turn away. Then as she turned back around, he was genuinely surprised. A female griffon warrior? he thought, amazed. However, his fear of her allegiances didn't overwhelm his concern for her. He saw her eyes dart to a spear on the ground, and back to him. "I don't mean any harm. I just came to see if you were alright. You see, awfully sad, and I hate to see anyone sad." But he felt stupid for saying it, almost instantly. He felt like facehoofing. "What I mean is, it's a bit strange to find a pony on the outskirts all by her lonesome. Not that you couldn't defend yourself, just strange. Not many pony folk come out this way." he said, hoping to fix the gaffe of what he said earlier.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:57 pm

Freyia let out a calming breath, He is no threat.

See looked over the grey unicorn. "That is why you lost you know." She turned back to look at the tree, her eyes still still having a hint of sorrow.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:00 pm

From his hidden vantage point, Zweihander viewed the situation below. The grey unicorn, older by the look of it, approached the Pegasus at the tree. Asking if she was alright, Zwei could tell the unicorn surprised her. Twirling around, she seemed to eye her spear. Shaking his head at her foolishness, he waited.

Sniffing the air, Zweihander could smell a Hippogriff on the wind. He was curious as to what would bring a Hippogriff to Manehatten, but pushed it out of his mind. Heh, he might even have to do the traditional warriors greeting, it was that rare. Zweihander smirked. Thumbing a gift he was given by a comrade, long ago, Zweihander considered what he was about to do. Feeling vindicated, he steeled himself. Taking out a quill, enchanted to write using a semi-permanent store of ink inside, Zwei began to write on a piece of parchment. After he was done, he took the token off of his neck, and placed it in the parchment. Tying the token and parchment together with a piece of yarn, Zweihander waited for the right moment.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:06 pm

It took Steel a moment to realize she was talking about the war. And that somehow Ponies kindness was to blame for the loss. Steel wasn't about to get into an argument with a complete stranger. But a rebuttal was in order, to at least defend himself. She turned back to the same position from before he came in. His tone was non-threatening, but confident. "If showing compassion makes us lose wars, I'm not sure I want to know what wins wars." he said. He added "Of course, that's all in the past. No ones trying to win any wars right now." The thought of a pony warrior still confused Steel slightly, though he could understand why somepony did it. The feel of battle was irresistible to some veterans, to the point of obsession. It drove somepony's loopy, while others were always looking for a fight.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:18 pm

Freyia smiled, "No, not your compassion, your naivety." She kept her eyes on the tree. "You know, I thought you had a chance at first. It was your compassion, your kindness, your loyalty," she paused for a moment, "Your harmony. I had never seen these before. It gave you such strength. Your warriors fought with such Valor and Honor that it lifted my own spirits."

She paused for another moment, "But alas, your naivety was your downfall. You had not fought in wars for so long, you forgot what it was. You were never challenged. In my lands, every day is a challenge."

She looked to the unicorn, still smiling, "What wins wars is strength. Strength of body, mind, and spirit. You ponies were close, but your minds were not ready."

She looked back toward Manehatten, "Perhaps now, they are ready."

She starred at the city. She wanted a rebellion, she wanted another chance at the honorable death she sought after, just like her comrades.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:28 pm

Steel nodded. Their ability to make war had been dampened by nearly a thousand years of peace. But ponies had changed, in these years of war. They had changed their stances, the way they do things. Everything was different. However, he still had little faith in a rebellion. "I can tell by the way you talk, you're a firm believer in Valhalla. Is that most griffons stance on battle?" he asked genuinely curious. He was also trying to shift the topic hoping to get rebellion off her mind. "I recall a poem some ponies said before entering battle. It went something like:
When my times at an end
And there's no energy to spend
I can't wait for the day
I go to Valhalla

Where the feast never ends
and the battles always begin
It's all in good fun
When I go to Valhalla

Where ones Valor measures worth
Where ones camaraderie is unearthed
Where life's end meets the earth
We will go to Valhalla
"

he looked at her smiling. "I was never a believer myself, but the song itself was beautiful. I never forgot it, all the time I've been here."
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:47 pm

As the words of the poem reached her ears, they fell flat and her eyes widened. A rush of sorrow washed over her whole body, it took all of her might to not shed tears. The poem returned to her mind images of her comrades, her friends. Them preparing for battle, them charging the front lines, them feasting afterward, honoring those that fell. It brought both sorrow and joy. The thought of them in the beyond, drinking, enjoying themselves, at peace finally. O how she longed to join them.

She turned sharply at the unicorn, her eyes filled with tears held back. She glared at him, uncertain why she was talking to him at all. Then, realizing this is how ponies are, touchy-feely, she closed her eyes and let out another calming sigh. "No, not anymore. Most of the griffons are weak, pathetic creatures. Only we, Wælcyries, are true believers."

She stepped over and picked up her spear. She inspected it. All along the shaft were beautiful carvings of names and symbols. The largest being the Valknut in the center. She looked over the length of the spear, returning to the Valknut and starring.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:58 pm

Steel saw the tears brimming in her eyes, then she shut them. If any griffon was to overhear what she was she was saying she'd be put to death as soon as possible. But it seems that's all she was asking for. An honorable death. Steel took a step back when she picked up the spear, thinking he had said something wrong. However, she was picking it up to examine the markings on it. It seemed to have classic markings from her religion. She seemed very emotional, and he bet she probably didn't like it that way. "I'm Steel Strike, by the way." he said holding a hoof out, hoping to make friends with the Pony he had just met. He couldn't explain it, but he almost felt her pain. A pain from four years ago, at the final battle. He felt sympathy for her, and hoped he could help her out in anyway possible.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:17 pm

She looked over at him and his out stretched hoof out of the corner of her eye, then looked back at the Valknut.

"Freyia, Wælcyrie of the Sixty Eighth Legion."
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:31 pm

Steel awkwardly put his hoof back down. His suspicions were confirmed that she was with the Griffons. He didn't like that she had rejected his hoof shake, but she was a warrior, and they didn't take kindly to most civilians to begin with. "Well, Freyia, if you ever need anyone to talk to, or maybe some repairs, just find me. I wouldn't mind the company of friends." he said with a smile. He walked away, believing she needed time alone. To think about what they had both said, and to find her way. "My shop's just a few blocks from here, downtown. Or what was downtown. You'll find it if you need to." he said with a sly grin. He walked off, leaving the pegasus to her own thoughts, and her own time.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:42 pm

Zwei saw the unicorn leave. Taking this moment to act, Zweihander flew down. Giving a traditional "Griffon Kiss" welcome (pecking the claw, and raising it to the reciever), he took the package out of his harness. Before the Wælcyrie could say a word? Zweihander flew off, leaving a dark brown feather behind. Flying silently, he flew back into the city. He needed to relax in his favored spot, the old Manehatten central park.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:04 pm

Freyia watched as the Unicorn made his way back to the city. Upon seeing the griffon in the air, looked and saw the kiss. She returned it, more out of reflex than anything else. She did not know who it was, but saw an item falling. She ran over to retrieve it.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:10 pm

Within the parchment laid a Northern Griffon totem. Given to Zweihander by his comrade in arms, Vlidimir, it was handcarved by the master swords-griffon himself. Appearing to be an exact wooden replica of Zweihanders trade mark sword, it even had a miniature diamond on the hilt. The parchment the totem was wrapped in had writing on it. It read as follows;

Wælcyrie. Be true to who you are. I hope when the time comes, you know what to do with this, for I am too weak to.
Signed, Zweihander.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:39 pm

((Freyia can tell that the griffon is a hunk of a man, and BLASTS into the sky after him. Her amror falls off and to the ground as she tries to gain more speed, she must reach him.

Finally all that is left is the white pegasus with gold hair and a spear streaking across the sky. She can see him, her heart races. She speeds up behind him and...

RAMS THE SPEAR RIGHT INTO HIS HEART))
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:47 pm

((Freyia then sneaks into a bush and waits as the unsuspecting smith comes closer.

DEMACIA!!!!!!!!!

Was all the smith heard as the spear came down upon him, then nothing.

Freyia then runs off and jumps into another bush, waiting for the next face check.))
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:41 pm

Leo had observed everything including the moment the Gryphon made himself known to the Pegasus pony. He remained out of site, circling the scene as his perceptive gaze watched on. It wasn't until he noticed the 'kiss' that the scene really intrigued him. Not many ponies were on such good terms with Gryphons and it was a rare site for him to see such an exchange between the two races.

Where he was from such a thing would surely be met by death after being arrested, maybe even tortured first. After a few minutes thinking on this he decided he'd seen enough. The male Unicorn had departed and the Gryphon seemed to have left in a hurry. If he wanted to know more, a conversation would have to happen.

Leo allowed himself to cast a shadow long the ground and over the mare, a simple way of letting the Pegasus know he was there as he flexed his feathers, swopping down into a stupor. He reached a steady speed as he made his approach before scooping his wings outwards, using them to collect air resistance as he slowed towards the ground. A dull thump followed by the scatter of dust made his arrival known as he flapped his large wings once before reeling them in to his sides.

His face was expressionless, and for a moment he regarded the Pegasus with curiosity before he spoke, his voice deep and smooth but with an edge of danger that would ward off lesser creatures, "A Pegasus pony, alone on the outskirts. Might I ask who you are, and why you're here" he asked. One of the metal cuffs around one of his paws made a metallic clink as he kicked away a stone to the side.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:41 am

Freyia did not look up. The creature was obviously no threat since it was not trying to hide its presence. She continued to look over the totem, tilting her head from side to side. The creature landed behind her and spoke. Freyia's ears twitched and perked up. Her eyes widened. She had never heard a voice like that before. It is not griffon nor pony. What did it want? My name? Again?

She slowly turned around to face the creature. She stopped and stared, she had never seen a Hippogriff before. Her eyes widened even more. For a few moments all she did was stare, then realizing it asked a question, she jolted her head and responded, "What, huh? um, Freyia, Wælcyrie of the Sixty Eighth Legion."

She continued to stare, her mouth slightly open,What...is...this?
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:59 am

Leo listened intently, the sunset orange of his eyes watching her closely, observing minor details from the way she wore her armor to the weapon of choice she chose to wield. His right ear twitched at the mention of a Gryphon military posting, further sparking his curiosity now that he learned a pony was allowed to serve, a Pegasus pony at that. He shifted his weight, a paw coming down on the rock beneath him making another metallic clang from his paw cuff, "So you belong to the ranks of the Gryphons" he said, half clarifying to himself as he spoke, "Well Freyia, perhaps you would allow me to indulge in asking you a few questions" he said before a small tinge of a smile crossed his face at her reaction to his species, "And in return I will answer any of yours" he finished.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:07 am

Freyia continued to stare until his purpose was known, then tensed up. What could he want to know? This will probably not end well. Be ready Freyia

"I still serve, currently stationed in Manehatten," She spoke cautiously now, uncertain if this creature was friend or foe. She placed the totem inside her armor and stop up proper, "and as such I will be unable to give out classified information."

"What is your inquiry?"
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:14 am

Leo stared for a moment as she spoke, her words confirming herself a soldier to the Gryphons. He allowed that to sink into his mind as he went over all of how that could be possible. But like most things, answers come to those who go searching, and in his case, the search was already over. The Pegasus mare seemed to act... professional in her demeanor and he was unsure a first if he should take that as a bad omen for how this was going to go. Never the less he pushed it aside as he proceeded to speak, "I would like to know how a Pegasus pony came to serve such a species such as the Gryphons" was his first question. His eyes locked with hers as he awaited her reply.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:21 am

She watched as he thought things or and spoke. His stance firm, his eye contact, the tensing and loosening of various muscles, he was a capable fighter. Indeed an honorable warrior may even be the case. She almost did not pay attention the question. How I came to be apart of the griffons? She looked down, collecting her thoughts and words.

"I was born in griffon lands. There I spent all my life, mostly alone. I trained for many years, and one day, I had to put the skills I earned to the test. I proved to them that I had every right to fight along side them. Shortly after I joined, the war started and I fought through the whole thing. Now that it is over, I have been stationed here, to handle the rebellion until more permanent solutions can be obtained."

She finished and eyed him, watching for his reaction.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:32 am

Leo listened intently, absorbing all the information that he could as she explained her past and how she ascended into the military ranks of Gryphons. He noted on how she expressed her training and how she was able to prove herself to the Gryphon military, no easy feat if they had been anything like the Gryphons he'd met and even killed. He gave a slight hint of approval at that, not just because she appeared to be a warrior of sorts, but because despite her species, she had stuck loyal to her birth home and if it was any virtue Leo appreciated, it was loyalty. After a moment, he nodded once before he proceeded to his next question. "And what do you think of the way things are handled here" he asked, his eyes searching for any hint of deceit or lie. Not that he would suspect her of being dishonest, but honesty was yet another virtue he could appreciate when seeking answers.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:55 am

Freyia thought for the right words, her ears flicking as each adjective flashed through her mind. Finally she found a sufficient one.

"Ugly. The way things are handled here is ugly. There is no strength in it anymore, only weakness on both sides. No honor, no valor, only ugliness."

Freyia let out a sigh, this is what has her so depressed lately. She relished the times of the war. When she and her squad would charge a force that out numbered them 5 to one, and they still managed a victory. Those were the good days. She missed them. Now she is stuck in this endless ugliness. Unable to breath, it fills her lungs with each breath. O how she longed to be rid of it.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:11 am

That reply managed to surprise him, which as strange as very few times had he ever been surprised. He'd lost count of the amount of times he listened to Gryphons express how honor meant nothing when dealing with an inferior kind who didn't deserve it. And he remembered hearing the same such things from the ponies themselves. But this Pegasus seemed to be showing regret at it's loss, and in some ways he had to agree, honor had long ago been lost in today's world. Once again he gave a nod to her answer. He took a moments pause as he thought for a moment before he looked to her once more, having a thought he wished to test, "Well Freyia, Wælcyrie of the Sixty Eighth Legion. I would very much like to test you as the warrior you claim, if you would do me the honor of such a fight" he said, his eyes confirming he was quite serious.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:24 am

Freyia looked up, a twinkle in her eyes. A small smile crept on her face.

Finally

She grabbed her spear and pointed it at the hippogriff, "It would be an honor to test your skills against mine."

She fixed her stance. Her spear parallel to the ground, her right hoof wrapped around it, and the back of it resting on an out stretched wing. her back hooves dug into the ground for more stability. Her front leg moving to her center of mass to balance. She watched his stance, watching for muscle movements. Keeping her focus on his primary joints and center of mass, she locked eyes with him.

At last something beautiful. She smiled
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:36 am

Leo watched as the Pegasus mare readied herself with her spear. He admired the stance, for it wasn't what he'd expected. Many times he'd fought against ponies who chose to use their mouth as their primary way of handling their weapons, but the fight would never last long as all he'd need to do was break their jaw and the fight was instantly won. Leo gave a small smile as he stretched his massive wings to the side, arching them slightly as he bowed his head respectively before folding them in again as he rose to his full height.

He stepped to the side on equal ground, opposite the mare as his muscles tensed, his paws flexing as the metal cuffs tightened around his wrists. His eyes locked with hers as he controlled his breathing, his face absent of any emotion as he slowly moved his legs, circling to the side as he moved a little closer. His steps were smooth, disciplined and graceful, but he had yet to strike. For the moment he was content to watch her, and find himself an opening. He didn't know how capable Freyia was with the spear, but he'd be a fool to underestimate her, so for now... he would pick his moment.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:48 am

Freyia watched the hippogriff with only her eyes as he slowly moved to the side. She studied him intently, his breathing, his movements. With each step he took he revealed more to her, and it was beautiful.

It was not her style, nor custom for a female warrior to take the first strike against a male, so for now she waited

Once he moved out of her peripheral she took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She listened to the soft breeze against the grass. She felt peace, the calm before any storm. She felt the heat radiate from the ground. She became one with her surroundings.

"Honor and Valhalla awaits." She whispered this message on the wind as it blew by. She tightened the grip on her spear. And now listened for her opponent.

Last edited by Freyia on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:00 am

Leo continued to move with each step, his eyes locked and focused much like a lion stalking prey. He saw she gave nothing away as she stood silently, seeming to be waiting for him to move. Sensing this, he was happy to oblige, but he would not be so foolish as to rush into this straight away with a heavy attack, no... that would be making a mock of this fight. He needed to test her, find out strengths and weaknesses and play to each of them in kind. So it was with a deadly silent leap, that he took to the air as he leaped into her range, his eyes locked to her head area as he used his peripheral sight to keep track of everything else. He landed gracefully before striking a paw towards her shoulder with staggering speed and force. He kept his opposite paw that was the closest to her spear free and ready, waiting for the inevitable counter strike of which he would fend away with a metal cuff.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:14 am

Freyia heard nothing, He can't be that good.

She heard the creature land and immediatly she moved to avoid the strike, however she did not have enough time to know where exactly it was going, so she moved her whole front body away from the hippogriff. The sound of scratching metal filled the air as the claw skid across her armor. She bowed her head almost to the ground at the same time.

She was preparing herself for a strike from her spear. She bent the leg holding the spear and balanced it using her wing as the spear slid across her feathers. Once it ran out of wing, her head was on the other side to make up for it. She swiftly raised her head up and back so as to launch the spear into a swipe at her opponent.

She was not done, at the same time she moved her front body away, she moved her lower body closer to him. A swift, forceful kick came out of one of her hooves aimed at the center of the creature.

Because it was two attacks neither was incredibly strong or very accurate. But she could tell a creature that can pull off a silent leap like that just to strike at her shoulder, was playing with her. She decided to play back.

Last edited by Freyia on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:27 am

Leo was surprised for the second time today, at the speed in which she used to dodge his paw strike. Few had ever managed to evade such a strike, but then again, there hadn't been a time he'd met a warrior who still retained honor on the field of battle. As the spear came around he lifted a paw to meet it as the metal collided to make a spark, his other paw lashing out towards her throat only to find air as she moved away to throw her lower body at him. He spun his body on a single hind leg as he spun away from the kick only to come around to grab a hold of it and lock it with a powerful arm as he lashed his other hind leg towards her other hind leg, essentially planning to ground her in one kick.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:44 am

She felt the grip on her hind leg. Oh yes, very beautiful. She raised her spear perpendicular to the ground after it bounced off the cuff by Raising her front leg into the air. A swift action and her leg was bent, planting the spear firmly into the ground. The force of this combined with her strength lifted herself into the air a few feet, barely avoiding the sweep kick. Without missing any seconds, she twisted her body to the side and opened her wings. Using the hippogriffs momentum from his kick and his own weight in conjunction with a strong flap from her wings in the opposite direction, she torqued the creature in two different ways.

A sliver of pain went through her nerves, her leg was being torqued at the same time as the hippogriff, inside his vice grip. She tried to break free using the force of her counter.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:07 am

Leo felt her leg pull with admirable strength as she attempted to free herself. He grunted as he felt his own limb stretch by the transfer of the force she put into pulling, however, he was not so willing to miss this opportunity. He locked her hind leg in close with both of his forward paws, flexing and powering both of his leg muscles as he turned his back to face her, simultaneously pulling her leg onto his shoulder as he pulled hard. As he did this he swept his hind leg back once again, aiming for the spear to dislodge it and force her to be pulled over him and onto the floor. This was truly a good fight and he was enjoying it thoroughly, it had been long since he'd found a worthy opponent.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:15 am

His back was to her. As he pulled her onto his shoulder she let the spear go. His kick sent it flying and into the dead tree. She curled in as he pulled her over his shoulder, but her other hind leg was free, and as she came around she aimed to deliver a forceful kick to the back of the head. This was done with her strength and part of his.

She loosened the rest of her muscles, ready to hit the ground with great force.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:24 am

He was unable to react fast enough, given his strength in the pull and her momentum. So he braced, his body hardening as the kick connected with his head. He grunted and felt his nerves respond to the pain, although it was Leo's stoic nature that hid this from her as he continued to follow through with his attack by bringing her to the floor. He wasted no more time as he released her leg and kicked his powerful hind legs into the dirt behind him, sending him forwards at a staggering pace as he leaped at her. If he managed to land over her, he would bring his paws down on her wings first before simply locking her into painful grip to force her to either give in or risk broken limbs. But before that, he would need to make sure she was disabled, and for that he would slam his paws to her wings.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:36 am

Her back slammed into the ground, her wings outstretched. It hurt. It hurt a lot. She saw him leap into the air. She knew he was trying to pin her. This she would not allow, ever. She was a Wælcyrie. She was meant to fly. There were a few brief moments between him letting go and him being on top of her. She used that and her massive wing strength to propel herself off the ground and at the descending hippogriff. She lowered her head, and aimed her forehead right below the creatures eyes, at the top of the nose. If this were to connect it would surly disorient for a few seconds.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:45 am

Leo saw her whip of the ground like a breath of wind as she came back to meet him. He had but a second to react as he saw only one saving grace to minimize the damage to her counter. He tipped his own head down, slamming his forehead into hers. He grunted as his head spun for a moment, the force of the connection enough to cause what felt like a head splitting headache. But he would ignore it as he hit the ground on all four paws, pushing back and giving her some room as he recovered from the hit. Once again he fell into stance as he lowered himself to a stalking crouch, ready to head straight back in.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:55 am

Yeah, that is expected, OUCH, I guess

She fell back completely disoriented. She laid for a second trying to rid her vertigo.

She picked her self up and eyed the hippogriff. It seemed the attack at least did the same to him. He was now between her and the tree, and her weapon. It was obvious the creature was a powerful flyer, but how powerful? She stretched her wings and dug into the ground with one hoof. He made the first move last time, now it was her turn.

She charged him with great speed, her legs barely even touching the ground as she darted though the air. She was ready to move in any direction on a dime. She disused her attack as a blunt assault, what she wanted was to get around him. And her exceptional flight training would aid her in this endeavor.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:01 pm

Leo resisted the urge to smile as she charged him, her speed and grace accompanied by her determination wrapped into one fighting form. He steeled his body as he planted his rear paws into the ground, making him as solid as the ground they fought on. And with one powerful strike he threw both his forward paws straight into her chest, using her momentum to aid his force as he struck. Leo weighed more then the Pegasus, so for all that logic mattered, if it landed it would be like she charged into a wall, except in this case the wall was Leo.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:31 pm

She saw what he was doing, but only had a split second to react. She planed on going over the hippogriff, and with him planning on stopping her charge, it was open.

She turned on a dime, right before his hands met her body and arched over the creature. She landed on the other side and reached her spear, wrapping one leg around it she tore it out of the tree by pushing her body on it to the side. She turned and re faced the griffon. Smiling, she took off into the air.

Let us take to the skies

She continued going up, not looking back at her opponent. She would get out of the dreadful cloud layer and into the sun.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:47 pm

Leo lowered his arms as she arched over him, looking up and watching her mid movement as she landed on the other side. He twisted his frame and leveled himself to face her as she pulled the spear from the tree. He'd expected an attack, but was pleasantly surprised to see her take to the skies, heading up towards the cloud layer. A small smile passed his features as his wings unfurled and stretched, the golden brown feathers disciplined as each one flexed for him. He gave one beat of his wings and he shot out after her, the massive wings seeming to lift him effortlessly as he powered into the clouds. He would arrive a moment after her, bursting through the cloud layer and into the sunset skies as he spotted her. The sun reflected off his paw cuffs and stroked a gentle shine across his feathers making the golden brown glisten into a smooth bronzed gold.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:01 pm

She breached the cloud layer shortly before him. The sun light blinded her for a moment, but she did not care. The heat from its rays warmed her body, and the heat of battle warmed her soul. She turned in time to see the creature burst forth from the ocean of clouds. She spun her spear from one leg to the other. This is how she wielded it, in constant motion. It spun around the limb once before being transferred to the other. Her armor was design to allow this to happen effortlessly. With her eyes fixed on the creature, she allowed the hippogriff a moment to adjust to the light before wrapping her spear around one arm and charging.

Once she reached the range for her spear, she flapped her wings in the opposite direction in order to stop, sending a massive gust of wind at him. However, she kept the same momentum with the spear, lunging it forward.

She pulled her other fore leg towards her to aid in balancing the weapon. If it were to miss, she would spin it around and return to herself.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:37 pm

Leo's perceptive gaze watched the Pegasus as she charged, the spear dancing effortlessly around her before she raced him, closing the gap in seconds. As she sent a gust of wind at him he angled his own wings, absorbing the wind flow and using it to throw him into a roll as he spun and smashed away the tip of the spear with his paw cuff. As he righted from the roll he beat his massive wings once and propelled himself inside the range of the spear as it danced back to it's master. He wrapped both of his forward paws around her and with his strength he would throw her and roll them both simultaneously, positioning himself behind her in mid flight. From there he would grab her a second time, attempting to lock her fore hooves and hind legs from behind, using his own wings to keep them both in the air.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:56 pm

The spear missed, and she returned it to herself.

She felt the massive paws around her body as she was tossed through the air. She used her wings to regain stability.

Quickly she turned to face the creature, sweeping the spear across the sky, hoping to slash at the center of its torso.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:59 pm

He abandoned his plan to lock in close as the spear came around. He kicked it with a hind paw, feeling the sting of it whip his leg, but would rather that then a slash wound. After he kicked it away, he forward rolled to her through the air, still trying to keep himself inside of the spears range as her threw both of his hind legs straight towards he face.
Leo
Leo
???
???

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyia Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:07 pm

She used the momentum of the block to spin the other way and propel the back end of the spear into a blunt strike at him.

There was nothing to be done about his other move.

One of the kicks whisped by while the other landed in the back of her head. Her head whipped down and she rolled towards the clouds. She stopped right above them, white puffs making way to her powerful wings flaps. The world was slowly tilting back and forth. That kick did a number. she shook her head and looked to the creature. She continued moving the spear from one leg to the other, ready for the next attack.
Freyia
Freyia
Trixie
Trixie

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next