MLP: Griffon Kingdoms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Envelope of Invitation (Private)

3 posters

Go down

An Envelope of Invitation (Private) Empty An Envelope of Invitation (Private)

Post by Johan Tercel Thu May 30, 2013 11:15 am

December 2nd, of the Fourth Year of Occupation

Cumulus Bronze wandered through the bustling Undermarket, eyes wide and ears open. Cumulus was a smaller pony, with a coat of bronze fur and a coal-black mane, and intelligent blue eyes. Those eyes were currently on the lookout for anyone that could lead her to the leaders of a small group, rumored to be located down here. She had no idea what, or who, she was looking for specifically, but she had heard whispers of a "Rebellion" down here. That was a start, she supposed.

Giving a sigh, she remembered the safety of the Vault, where her employer was located. A brown feathered mute griffon, with kind hazel eyes. He had offered her a good bit of food to do this favour, and he had delivered up front. Better then most griffons, for sure. He wanted her to give a message, and at the time it seemed such a small request. However, she hadn't counted on how reclusive these beings were.

Stopping and kicking a small stone in the dimly lit sewer tunnel, she leaned on the wall and looked around, planning her next move.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Alignment: Griffonic Army
Profession: Colonel
Back to top Go down

An Envelope of Invitation (Private) Empty Re: An Envelope of Invitation (Private)

Post by Double Edge Fri May 31, 2013 3:14 am

Double Edge galloped through the tunnels he called home, each breath taking in the foul odors of the sewers, however these were all but ignored by the unicorn as he rounded the next corner, skidding in the slime along the cement. He had found it! The perfect chance to finally hit the griffons not as small attack squads but as a full organization! This would be big! Really big! Big enough to finally slap those feather brains in the face and show them that there were still ponies that were willing to stand up against the shit storm they called a regime.

Taking one last left turn Double Edge came to the opening of Undermarket. Picking up the pace, the rebel ignored those around them, dodging through passerby's and winding his way through the ruined streets until he came to the 'Headquarters' of the Rebellion. Steel would sure to be there.

Bursting through the door, the illusionist gave a quick greeting to the owner, Mr.Bell, before burning past the desk and up the stairs to the room designated as the 'War' Room. Nearly crashing through the door, the stallion began to call out into the room, "STEEL! STEEL WHERE THE BUCK ARE YOU!? I FOUND US THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY!"

Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

An Envelope of Invitation (Private) Empty Re: An Envelope of Invitation (Private)

Post by Steel Strike Fri May 31, 2013 11:17 am

Steel was working on some more reports when Double came galloping through the door. He jumped up with a startle, as he wasn't accustomed to anyone practically breaking down his door. He readied the sheath under his desk until he saw it was Double. "What is it?!" He asked half worried half curious.

He thought maybe he had dire news than revisited the sentence spoken. "Perfect Opportunity for what?" He asked again more calmly. There apparently was no immediate threat as he previously thought. Though it was apparently something important as he hadn't seen Double in days, almost a few weeks.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet
Alignment: Rebel
Profession: Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Fri May 31, 2013 11:54 am

Cumulus Bronze watched the unicorn dash past haphazardly, eyebrow raising in interest.

"Hello, what's this?" she said with interest. Trotting casually after the pony, she observed him enter a cobbled-together building, as most constructions in the sewers were. Cumulus decided to wait and see, observe if you will, the building before she made her move.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Fri May 31, 2013 6:35 pm

"Ah good Steel there you are!" Double replied stopping in front of the desk the unicorn was behind. His face beaming. "I found it! Camp 89! A few weeks back I heard about something worse than the work camps, the griffons set up, you know like Gray's farm. No this is much worse! This is a prison camp Steel, one filled with those that disappeared from Manehatten, but not only that if the rumors are correct, also political criminals from the Kingdoms! But thats not the best part, supposedly there are some war criminals pony war criminals" Double paused hoping for the information to sink in. "Steel think about it actual members of the Equestrian military and others more than likely all ready to get some justice for the government. However the public isn't supposed to know about this place. We could theoretically kill three birds with one stone! One get some with more combat experience on our side or even learn more about the griffons themselves by a griffon. Two we slap Feliks and his lackeys in the face showing them we are actually something to fear. Third we expose these camps! We expose them and get the public on our side!"

Taking a breath, the stallion finally calmed down as he grabbed a nearby chair. Sitting in it, his beaming face darkened back to its more natural form. "The only problem is its defenses. I saw them with my own eyes Steel, they're impressive. Barbed wire circling the entire place, guard towers every hundred feet, and I think about forty griffon guards just at the front gate. It won't be easy Steel but this is our chance to show we mean business."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri May 31, 2013 6:57 pm

Steel, other than rejoicing began to think immediately. Almost ignoring Double he sighed. Such an assault wouldn't come without a price. A high one, if these defenses are to be believed. He knew this was an incredible find, but it needed a plan. And a good one. He didn't want to throw rebels hap hazards at something they weren't prepared for. And especially something as delicate as this. He began to pace back and forth, still not having responded to Dubs. Finally after what seemed like an hour(But in reality probably a few minutes), he turned to Dubs and breathed.

"Whats the terrain around the camp?" He asked slowly. He needed more info. He'd eventually send a scout to its location. And mark down literally everything. For now, however, he needed what he knew he'd have.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Fri May 31, 2013 7:34 pm

"Rocky, very rocky." Double replied, seeing the stern look on Steel, he knew how important think could be however, high reward meant equally high risk, if not more so. "Basically by the looks of it, where the camp sits now is a quarry of some kind. On one side is a wall of rock, on the other, the gate and a little beyond that the land gets more forested. Thats where I viewed most of the camp itself. I didn't want to get too close since this place shouldn't exist." Double continued thinking back just a few days. It felt like months ago. "I cam assume that 89 is using the rock wall to either have their convicts to either mine for them or simply break them by having them break rock after rock. One or the other is my guess." His mind began to wander about what they could do to get in there and expose this place to the public's view. As well as save the individuals inside.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri May 31, 2013 7:42 pm

Steel pondered this. It was quite a challenge. He needed a reference. "Could you map it out? Don't need anything fancy. Just a simple map." He said. He wondered if Dubs had enough information for such a thing. If he didn't, he'd send a scout with Dubs directions.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Fri May 31, 2013 8:53 pm

"Right right." Double nodded grabbing two pieces of paper and quill. "Alright well like I said there is a large clearing around the camp itself but there are certainly trees. After all the place needed to be hidden. Very secluded, very out of the way. If I hadn't been looking for it I would have missed this place."

Spoiler:

Pushing aside the first piece of paper, and grabbing the second the unicorn began to furiously sketch out everything he could remember. "Now from what I saw on the inside of the camp there were towers circling the entire place, as indicated by the small rectangles. The front gate pointing to the south east and four buildings, each about a story tall, or two. However there were four shacks, they looked like they could only fit one griffon or pony at a time. Steam...or smoke, I don't know which, was coming out of these shacks. On the last day I figured out what they were for when I noticed a few guards shove a griffon into one locking him inside. Its some kind of holding cell. But thats the only cells or housing buildings I saw. I never saw anyone come out. Not even for meals. I think they've forced these convicts to live in there Steel."

Spoiler:
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri May 31, 2013 10:03 pm

Steel nodded. "Excellent work Dubs. Honestly I was a bit worried about where you were off too...Speaking of, how did you hear of this place anyways?" He was a bit more than curious. "I mean...We aren't exactly the best intelligence gatherers."
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Fri May 31, 2013 11:48 pm

"Hey speak for yourself Steel!" Double stared at the unicorn sitting across from him. "You might be bad, but thats because you don't listen to the actual talk. I know this place like the back of my hoof. You might hear whats said but there is a difference between hearing whats said and actually listening." Finally cracking a grin, Double continued, "that and spiking a few griffon drinks in outskirt bars is never a bad thing. How about things here in town I miss anything? Did the kids play while father was away?"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:05 am

Steel rolled his eyes. "Lots of fun!" He said estatic. "Few new groups. Nothing major. I'm moving down here permanently. Things are too hot topside for me and Megs." He said with a sigh. "How fast do you think you could get a few scouts there? Not that I don't trust you. But I'd rather have more than I have now if we're considering a raid of this place."
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:05 am

Cumulus Bronze took a deep breath. Better take the plunge... the pegasi thought. It seemed this was her first real lead today, and that she better follow up on it. Trotting up to the door, she have a broad knock with a forehoof.

"Hello? Anyone there?"
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:25 am

Steel quickly drew his dagger out again, and looked to Dubs. "Were you followed?.." he asked quickly and quietly. The being on the outside wouldn't hear it.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:43 am

"Who'd follow me?" Double retorted in a low tone, quickly drawing one of his shortswords. "Remember I've been gone for a while and even then I took the long way through the sewers. If thats so, then that is one really dedicated pursuer. If not...what about you? I'm sure someone's probably wants you! Either way we're not going to find out just by standing here trading blame."

Moving up to the side of the front door, the unicorn glanced back making sure Steel was ready just in case something did happen. "Who is it?" the rebel asked.
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:54 pm

Cumulus cleared her throat nervously as she heard a male voice call out. Standing in front of door, she replied. "Um, excuse me, I need directions around here... I'm new to the underground..." She hoped that she'd get an answer.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:01 pm

Steel looked to Dubs. "Alright." He said loudly and motioned for Dubs to open the door. He still had the dagger ready in case of attack, but the voice didn't sound threatening. He was poised nevertheless.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:48 am

Nodding, the unicorn looked back to the door "Alright, I believe we can help you." Double answered.  Wrapping the doorknob in his magic aura, the rebel leader twisted it, opening the door to the new visitor.  "Hello, sorry for seeming a bit hesitant to open.  Things down here have gotten a bit hectic." Extending his hoof to the mare.  "And you are?"
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:27 pm

Cumulus took the hoof with a tired smile. "Cumulus Bronze, Pegasus. As you can see." She looked at the two unicorns, taking in their appearances. One was a solid, almost stocky unicorn with a messy black mane and a gray coat. The other, the one she had followed, was still an eccentric looking stallion, with a wild unruly mane and a thin, almost blade-like look around him.

"I was wondering if someone could point me to any subversive revolutionary groups seeking the end to the despotism of our griffon overlords." She said with a sarcastic grin on her face... however, the look she gave the eccentric one told that she was more than serious.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:35 pm

Steel moved to shake her hoof. "Steel Strike. And this is my associate. As for being revolutionaries...That depends on what you want." he said quickly.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:20 pm

Cumulus looked thoughtful, considering if she could take the plunge... perhaps she could dance around the issue, see if these two were the ponies she was looking for. If push came to shove, well, she was fastest in her old weather squad.

"What I want, Steel Strike, is to transmit a possible message to those brave ponies  fighting every day to ensure the common pony is decidedly not a meal. Any idea where I could find them?"
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:12 am

Double Edge decided to step in at this point.  "Can't lie it really depends on a lot, when trying to find them.  For example, who's asking?  Why? And for what reason.  After all they have a lot on their plates.  Look around the town for instance, you'll see a few of their kind helping out those less fortunate diamond dog, pony, hell even griffon, just to try and help build a better place for all."  Stepping toward the pegasus, Edge gave a grin, "We might be able to point you toward them after you give a bit of explaining of course."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:26 am

Steel agreed with Dubs, and nodded. It wouldnt be THAT easy knowing about the heads of the rebellion.
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:17 am

Cumulus snorted internally. The purple unicorn had more words coming out of his mouth than a herd of buffalo during trampling season. He was somebody related to the rebels, that was for sure. But, seemed they wanted her to explain why she was here... well, if they were going to veil themselves, she was going to put on a mask just for them.

Only fair after all.

She gave the purple one a big-eyed glance. "E-Explain? I just wanna talk to my idols, they make me shiver with their purity, their chivalry, their... masculinity." Letting out a fanmare sigh, she looked far  away, a dreamy expression on her face.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Double Edge Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:30 pm

Double raised an eyebrow to whatever this pegasus was trying to do...flirt?  Listening to what she said, the unicorn couldn't help but chuckle.  She looked more like she was embarrassing herself than trying to put up a good case.  "Well,"  the stallion began.  "I don't think they have time for admirers or signing autographs.  Even if they wanted to I can't remember where they meet.  Sorry.  Might wanna try some place else."
Double Edge
Double Edge
Fancy Pants
Fancy Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:39 am

Cumulus let out a second sigh, and looked to the stallion that was talking to her. "I'm sorry, did you say something?"

Blinking twice, she smiled with a still-dreamy look on her face.
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Strike Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:55 pm

Steel rolled his eyes. He didn't want to waste anymore time on these shenanigans. "Look. Miss. I respect that you need to see the leaders for something. But the smooth talking isn't helping. If your representing someone else, then just be blunt. Beating around the bush isn't helping your case."
Steel Strike
Steel Strike
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tercel Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:30 pm

Rolling her eyes at the stallion, she produced a letter from her saddlebag.

"Listen, I represent a certain "griffon" who wants to talk to you. He ain't Tsarist, if you catch my drift." The difference in her tone of voice, and even accent, was palpable; a rough Manehatten accent had replaced the airy voice that would not be out of place in Ponyville. Turning to the purple stallion now, she gave a reassuring smile.

"Inside that letter'll be a place for the meeting. Bring a coupl'a friends if you want, my boss ain't minding none. Just don't bring trouble, and there won't be none."
Johan Tercel
Johan Tercel
Senator
Senator

Character sheet
Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down